Around A Million Ways To Die

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“And then what? We live happily ever after?”

 

Those words swirled around Sehun's mind for the rest of the day. The incredulous tone that Luhan used to deliver those words ripped at Sehun's brain making  it impossible to think of anything else. He may have had a good come back to Luhan's rhetorical question but he wasn’t satisfied with how their first encounter went. He let the shock of seeing Luhan get the best of him. He had walked up to the other without a plan or a thought. He had allowed his heart to lead instead of his brain. And if he was honest it could have been worse.  Sehun wasn’t an idiot he knew he should consider himself lucky that Luhan hadn’t been anymore hostile. He should really be grateful that Luhan seemed to trust him enough to believe his story of being in Japan just to stay low. That alone would be able to convince anyone of Luhan's possible feelings but not Sehun. Because Sehun knew he was a convincing liar. He had to be in his line of work but it left him wondering if it had been his convincing lie that made Luhan believe him?

 

Slowly his mind started analyzing the events that took place. Because he had approached Luhan without a care in the world he hadn’t even really questioned why Luhan was in Japan and why would he be at the police station?  Thinking about it now Sehun felt that maybe Luhan had just accepted the lie because he was too busy with something else? And if that was the case why was his work in Japan? Was Luhan working with the police? Or had he been reporting an incident?

 

And then it hit Sehun like a ton of bricks. Luhan had to be in Japan for the same reason Sehun was in Japan. It amazed Sehun how long it had taken him to actually see what was really going on. Because it was so very obvious now. Luhan must be here on behalf of his group...which would mean Sehuns initial suspicion would be correct. Luhan must have negotiated with the police not only to get rid of Jay and the allies he had here in Japan but also to possibly  get immunity.

 

Everything was piecing together right before Sehun's eyes and he couldn’t help the excitement bubbling within him. He immediately went to his laptop to write an email for Suho when he suddenly remembered that he couldn’t use the information. He couldn’t do it without exposing how he had come to his conclusion. If Suho were to find out that Sehun had been in contact with Luhan no matter how brief it had been he’d be forced to go home.  Not only that but if Luhan or anyone from Seoul caught wind of the information he had it was all over. He couldn’t take big risks anymore. Especially with the fact that Luhan already knows hes’s in Japan. Any article covering Japan would be evidence against him.

 

God he was an idiot. Sehun let out a loud groan and rubbed at his face in frustration. He had a major lead and could do nothing about it. He threw himself on his bed and took deep breaths to calm himself down. There had to be some way around this. Maybe...maybe if he just collected more information and left the part about the police and Zico and Kris dealings out  he could just focus on Japan. He could also have someone else write the piece. Or...maybe it was time for Oh Sehun to step into the shadows...that could work. All he really needed to do was go over it with Suho. He would obviously be skeptical at first but Sehun had a feeling that given the current circumstances Suho might be able to be persuaded.

 

He let out a sigh feeling relief roll off of him in waves. Feeling exhausted he let his eyes close. The last thought he had before sleep could take over was of course Luhan and Luhan's determination to keep him away.

 

Sehun rarely had dreams. He honestly couldn’t remember when was the last time he had had a dream. But that night he dreamt. It was an odd dream really. He found himself walking along a gravel path towards a magnificent looking house.  He could hear the sound of waves crashing into the shore off in the distance as well as seagulls. The place looked straight out of a movie and as much as Sehun wanted to appreciate  the houses architecture he couldn’t. He had this overwhelming need to find someone. So he just kept walking until he was suddenly inside the house. He looked all around the first floor of the house searching for someone but coming up empty. His heart picked up in speed and he could feel himself become anxious. Where were they?

 

Just as he was about to go up some stairs he heard his name being called in the sweetest of voices and all the anxiety he had washed away. He ran towards the voice and felt his heart stop. There in the full sunlight stood Luhan smiling sweetly at him eyes b with love. Sehun felt his heart race as their eyes met but then all of a sudden Luhan was gone. He looked around the room and felt an overwhelming weight of emptiness.

 

And then he was awake sitting upright in his bed sweat covering his body. He couldn’t breathe and he could hear his heartbeat in his ears.  He brought a hand to his chest trying to calm his racing heart and took deep breaths. Of all the dreams he’d ever had this one was the most ed up one. What made it worse was the sheer fact that Sehun had wanted it to be real. To come home one day and find Luhan smiling at him. To have Luhan actually love him.

 

Sehun let out a tired sigh. Love. Now that was a new concept. A messy and tragic concept he couldn’t really wrap his head around. He knew he liked Luhan. He liked Luhan A LOT. But love...falling in love with Luhan...what would that be like?  . What was Sehun even thinking. He needed to get out of the clouds. He needed to be more realistic. he needed to get out and breathe in some fresh air to clear his mind. It was with that final thought that Sehun got out of bed with no hesitation and grabbed a hoodie and his room key. Without looking back he left his room determined to forget all about his stupid dream.

 

As soon as the cool night air hit Sehuns face the tension he had been feeling earlier slowly evaporated. Taking in the night he started walking with no clear destination in mind. He just wanted to breathe and clear his thoughts. He walked aimlessly through the empty streets and thought of nothing except how nice the night was. It wa pretty late but there was still a good amount of people out. There was a mix of young adults and old people bustling about the streets eager to get home or excited to get their night started.

The busy streets and cool night air did wonders for Sehun. He was beginning to feel less suffocated and ready to go back to his hotel when he suddenly heard his name being called. At first he ignored it. Because really who in Japan new his name? Not only that but the voice sounded feminine. The only people that knew his name were Minho and Luhan….so maybe there just happened to be another Sehun around?

 

“Sehun!” the voice yelled louder this time and a little closer forcing Sehun to stop in his tracks to turn around.

 

He looked around confused and wa

Please log in to read the full chapter