I'll Be Your Breath

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

Bubble tea?” Sehun questioned out loud after he asked Luhan what he wanted for dessert since the other had claimed to be an expert.

 

“Do you have a problem with bubble tea?” Luhan asked as he put his seatbelt on.

 

“No I just-”

 

“Great! Let's get going! The place I know of is a little bit of a drive from here” Luhan cut him off excitedly.  

 

Sehun shook his head in amusement. Luhan was incredible. He could go from being absolutely charming to adorable in seconds. He was nothing like the first time he met him. That Luhan was attractive and aloof. A no nonsense type of guy. It  thrilled Sehun to be able to see this side of Luhan as well.  He had been so nervous before the date. Which was rare because he was Oh Sehun damn it. He didn’t get nervous before dates. He was always cool and collected. Always confident. But not with Luhan. Everything about Luhan made him feel like a helpless high school kid infatuated with one of the popular kids. He had been more than a little surprised when Luhan had accepted to go on this date.  But now here they were on their way to get bubble tea.

 

“What are you thinking about?” Luhan asked pulling Sehun out his thoughts.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Really? You got really quiet there for a minute. You sure it was nothing?” Luhan probed voice light and teasing.

 

“I’m positive.” Sehun replied. As much as he liked Luhan he wasn’t all to ready to feed the other's massive ego. All throughout the night Luhan had . Sehun couldn’t even compliment him without the other having something to say back. Luhan was just a confident person. It's as if he didn’t need to hear any of Sehun's compliments because he already knew how attractive he was. Which wasn’t a bad thing. Luhan wasn’t mean about it. If anything it made him more attractive to Sehun.

 

“If you say so….what flavor bubble tea are you gonna get?” Luhan asked catching Sehun off guard.

 

“Is that important?” He asked amused at the change in subject.

 

“Yes. It will decide whether or not I’ll be going on a second date with you” Luhan explained.

 

Sehun’s eyes widened in surprise hearing Luhan's response. It wasn’t that he hadn’t thought of the possibility of going on a second date. He had. But it just caught him off guard how casually Luhan had said it. “Wait how do you know I would even ask for a second date?”

 

“Hmm the better question is why wouldn’t you want to go on a second date?”Luhan asked with an obnoxious smirk.

 

“Is this your offhanded way of asking me out?” Sehun asked hoping to fluster the other. His night just couldn’t end if he gave to all of Luhan's teasing. He had to salvage what little of his ego was left.

 

“You sound like a journalist with all these questions and analyzing. But my answer to your last question really depends on your answer to my initial question which you completely avoided.”

 

“I do work at a newspaper and hang out with a lot of journalist. Their habits just tend to rub off on me.” Sehun tried to explain. He was a little surprised with Luhan calling him a journalist. For the hundredth time that night he wished he hadn’t lied. Hopefully he could tell Luhan the truth some day.

 

“Right. So what flavor are you getting?” Luhan asked

 

“Chocolate.” Sehun finally revealed.

 

“Lame.” Luhan replied not a second after.

 

“Seriously? What's wrong with chocolate?” Sehun asked a little offended. He wasn’t much for sweets but chocolate bubble tea had always been a favorite. How could Luhan just dismiss it?

 

“Everything. Chocolate is good for ice cream and cakes and maybe even some stuff but not bubble tea” Luhan replied. Sehun was almost caught up in the “stuff” Luhan had so boldly mentioned. He tried really hard to push away the image of Luhan drizzled in chocolate.

 

“Okay then what is the appropriate flavor to get?” Sehun asked finally getting his mind out of the gutter and parked his car.

 

“That my dear food critic is Taro.” Luhan replied simply with a smile on his lips as he unbuckled his seatbelt.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes as he stepped out of the car and waited for Luhan.  Luhan stepped out smirking crookedly at Sehun. He decided then and there that Luhan would definitely be the death of him. He was just way too beautiful and charismatic for him.  And that in itself was dangerous but Sehun didn’t think he’d mind much. Death by Luhan was one hell of a way to go.


 

The night came to an end as Sehun parked his car in front of Luhan's building. He honestly didn’t want it to end. After Sehun had redeemed himself by getting mango bubble tea Luhan suggested they go on a walk in a nearby park. With bubble teas in their hands they talked comfortably about everything and nothing. He learned that Luhan was Chinese and fluent in six languages. Which was incredibly impressive. They talked about their childhoods. The pets they would want if they weren’t so busy. Luhan wanted a cat but because of his work he wasn’t sure he could look after it properly. Sehun had always wanted a dog but just never got around to getting one. They talked about their favorite movies, artists, and sports. Sehun didn't really have any favorite sports. He confessed to liking soccer and nothing could prepare him for the enthusiasm that Luhan displayed at the confession. Luhan lived and breathed soccer. He knew all the teams and players and their rankings. How someone who claimed to be busy and flying about the world all the time had time to know all that Sehun would never understand.

 

“I had a really great time.” Luhan said shifting in his seat to look at Sehun.

 

Sehun looked over at him and had a hard time slowing his erratic heartbeat. He was completely mesmerized by the sparkle in Luhan's eyes.

 

Sehun nodded, “I had a great time to.”

 

Luhan smiled, “Thank you for tonight.”

 

“Thank you for letting me take you out.” Sehun blurted out. There went the last of his pride. All crushed and tattered on the ground because Luhan’s mere existence was messing with his normally confident self.

 

Luhan chuckled, it was music to Sehun's ears “Well, good night” Luhan whispered before leaning forward and placing a kiss right on the corner of Sehun's mouth. Sehun was completely shocked. It was so fast and Luhan was already back in his seat smiling devilishly back at him. His eyes sparkled in a way that dared Sehun to make the next move.

 

And he did. Maybe this was his reward for not being the suave playboy he used to be. He leaned forward and brought his hands to cup Luhan's face. He kissed him right on the lips. Sehun wasn’t one for cliches. But with Luhan's lips on his he swore he heard fireworks in the distance.  They separated slowly. Sehun caught Luhan slowly opening his eyes and committed the image to memory. He leaned forward again and kissed Luhan lightly. This time Luhan smiled into the kiss before pulling away.

 

“Good night Luhan.” Sehun whispered. His heart beating frantically in his chest.

 

“Good night, Yejun.”  Luhan beamed.

 

Alone in his apartment Sehun let out a dreamy sigh. He was ed. The date with Luhan really had been amazing. He didn’t think it was possible to like someone as much as he liked Luhan. Part of him, his rational side, new this was crazy and dangerous. The other part just wanted to relive the kiss over and over again. For tonight he wouldn’t fo

Please log in to read the full chapter