Don't Cross Your Boundaries

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Sehun tiredly loosened his tie and took it off throwing it onto the couch as he made his way to his room. He was so tired. After the fire alarms had gone off, Jenny and he were swept off with the crowd. They tried to get back in because they lost sight of Chanyeol, but Zico’s security was hell bent on getting everyone out. Frustrated beyond belief, Sehun pulled out his phone and called Chanyeol hoping the other had gotten out of the building safely. When he wasn’t getting through Sehun found his way through the back of the building. He wasn’t going to leave without his friends.

 

Right when he had gotten into the building though the sounds shots forced him to stop near the entrance of the kitchen. He cursed under his breath wishing he could get in closer but if he moved he wasn’t sure how much of himself would be exposed. He heard a couple more shots ring out before there was silence. In that moment his phone decided to vibrate. Quickly taking his phone out he looked to see who it was and felt a breath of relief when he saw Chanyeol's name on his phone screen.

 

“Where the have you been.” Sehun harshly whispered into the phone.

 

“I got caught up in the crowd and then I saw Jay walk in with his men. Did you hear the shots?”

 

“ so that's what’s going on?!? I came back in here to look for you I’m sort of trapped in the kitchen..”

 

“. I hear police sirens maybe you can get out when they get in?”

 

Sehun was looking through a small round window of the kitchen door and to his surprise he had a perfect view of the ballroom. He could see who he assumed was Jay arguing with someone. He squinted trying to make out who it was. His eyes widened when he recognized the shorter man. It was the guy that had shoved into the P.O. guy at the bar. The one that started the fight and had to be escorted out by Luhan. He wondered what that guy was doing with Jay.

 

He was suddenly pulled out of his thoughts when Chanyeol screamed his name in his ear, “Hey! Sehun! Are you still there?!”

 

“Yeah yeah I’m here. Are you with Jenny?”

 

“Yeah she's with me.”

 

“Okay take her with you. I’ll see you guys tomorrow.”

 

“Oh my god Sehun you can’t stay!”

 

“Chanyeol if I don’t stay we’ll be missing out on the biggest story of the night.”

 

“You can’t be serious!”

 

“I gotta go. I’ll call you when I’m home.”

 

“Ughh fine. Be careful! Don’t do anything stupid.”

 

“When have I ever?”

 

“Please don’t make me answer that.”

 

“Whatever I gotta go.”

 

“Bye.”

 

Sehun put his phone away and decided to get out of the kitchen so he could better hear what was going on. He slunk his way out and found a wall he could peek out into the ballroom from. It was far enough for him to be unseen and yet still be able to hear.

 

“--and you said they would be here.” he heard Jay yell to the man Sehun had recognized. He chanced another look and saw Zico and Kris approach the center of the ballroom.
 

“Well, about time the hosts showed up.” Jay said as soon as he spotted them.

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting Jay. We were tied with some things and then of course there is the matter of your entrance.” He heard Kris say.

 

Sehun watched intently from his spot. Taking in slow breaths and not moving an inch in order to prevent blowing his cover. He needed to bet here. This moment would culminate all his past research and he would finally be able to tie up all the loose ends to the stories he’s been working on.

 

“Oh right. I just wanted to keep your guests entertained. Didn’t want them dying of boredom.” Jay replied.

 

To Sehun the man sounded overly cocky. Maybe the rumors were true. Maybe Jay was really working with someone powerful enough to want to take on Zico and Kris. Sehun briefly wondered who it could be when he heard Zico speak next.

“You did make a fantastic entrance. A little dramatic for my taste but whatever. We’re glad you could make it Jay. How about we all head over to headquarters. Police will be here any minute and last I recall you’re still being investigated.”

 

 

Sehun could hear the sirens closer now. He looked around wondering if maybe he could get to the security room from this side of the ballroom. If they were going to leave he might as well use the security tapes to his advantage.

 

Suddenly he heard the sound of footsteps from somewhere behind him. Cursing under his breath Sehun crouched his way back to the kitchen. Once he was there he ran to the exit. The footsteps stopped and he waited to listen where they could possibly go next.

 

“Hey! Don’t just stand there. We need to get the cars ready, they’re gonna need to make an exit soon.” He heard a voice say.

 

“Yeah yeah. I just swore I saw someone hiding back here.” Another voice said.

 

“If you did, it was probably staff that wasn’t evacuated. Don’t worry about it now come on.”

 

“Alright.”

 

And with that, the kitchen was silent once more. Sehun breathed a sigh of relief. That had been too close. He looked towards the exit and back towards the kitchen. He didn’t want to leave, but he couldn’t risk getting caught. If he was, there would be too many questions and he was more than sure that the men working tonight also worked at Gallery. The risk of being recognized was just too high. So with a regretful sigh Sehun rushed to towards the exit where he had come in. The sound of three shots fueling him to get out of there faster.

 

 

—————————

 

 

Now back at home, Sehun threw himself onto his bed still in his button up shirt and dress pants. He couldn't believe how close he’d been. He silently wondered what else he could have seen if he hadn't been interrupted. . He really had been so close to finally finding out what was really going on between Zico, Kris, and Jay. He let out a strangled groan in frustration. When was he ever going to get another chance?

 

He’d been working on this story for awhile, but he still needed concrete evidence against Zico and Kris. Because so far all his information would be speculative. His stories on Busan were spot on that was regular reporting. But anything that involved Zico and Kris and their notorious dirty work was so hard to come by. Those two kept to their lives and almost looked and behaved like model citizens. If it weren’t for the random scandals here and there Sehun would have never pursued this story.

 

Sehun wiped at his face. There was no point on dwelling on it longer. He was too tired. Kicking off his socks tiredly he rolled onto his side and let sleep consume him.

 

 

“Dance with me?” Luhan asked eyes sparkling and lips formed into a small smile. Sehun felt the air knocked out of him. How could someone look so beautiful. He found himself too awestruck to respond and couldn't help but nod.

 

Luhan let out an attractive chuckle before wrapping his arms around Sehun's neck. Sehun let his own hands rest on Luhan's hips and they began to sway to the music. He couldn’t really tell what song was playing. He was far too distracted with the way Luhan was looking at him. He soon found himself completely lost in the others impossibly pretty brown eyes.

 

“You’re really pretty.” He blurted out instantly regretting it when he saw Luhan scrunch up his face in distaste.

 

“I’m sorry I-” he tried to explain himself but Luhan simply chuckled.

 

“Don’t worry. I get that a lot. I suppose it's still a compliment so thank you.”

 

“I- um you’re welcome.” Sehun replied nervously.

 

Luhan smiled up at him before he his lips and tilted his head, “You know there’s something I’ve been wanting to do for awhile now.”

 

“What's that?” Sehun asked not really following until he saw Luhan his lips and watched as Luhan's gaze travelled down to his own.

 

“I want you to kiss me Sehun.”

 

Sehuns eyes widened in surprise but quickly recovered bending his head a little to reach down to press a firm kiss to Luhan's waiting lips. He felt Luhan trace his lips with his tongue and he slowly opened his own mouth to deepen the kiss. Only instead of tasting Luhan, he tasted something that oddly reminded him of fabric. Was this what Luhan tasted like? He swiped his tongue tentatively against Luhan lips and again tasted fabric. He blinked and was surprised to find he was completely alone. There was no one in his arms anymore. He looked around himself and found the room empty. What was going on?

 

He rubbed at his eyes thinking maybe he was seeing things or had gone temporarily blind, but when he opened his eyes all there was a white fluffy pillow. He blinked slowly and pulled away from the pillow only to realize that it had all been a dream. He was laying on his side hugging one of his pillow that looked like it had been covered in drool.

 

Terrific. He thought to himself. He had seriously gone ahead and dreamt of kissing Luhan. He really should have known it was a dream. Luhan had called him by his real name. That should have been the giveaway, but it had been so nice to hear his name roll off of Luhan's tongue he had just gone with it. With a sigh Sehun sat up in bed and looked at the clock. It was six in the morning. He didn’t need to get to work for another two hours but he didn’t think he could go back to sleep.

 

This was the first time Luhan had made an appearance in his dreams. It made him feel a little unsettled. Was he really that attracted to Luhan? Or was this only brought upon because they had danced the night before? He brought a hand up to scratch at his head. He was overthinking it. The dream was just a replay of his memories and his more than obvious attraction for the shorter man.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter