Bulletproof Love (Epilogue)

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

1 year later….


 

Time. Time was  such an odd concept. People have tried to quantify it since the start of everything. Trying to make sense of their lives while hoping to make the most of the time given to them. Being productive while the sun is up and then resting when the sun begins to set. Hoping that the work done during the day means something.  That it's worth it. And some days time seems to go so fast while others are agonizingly slow. There are times people want time to slow down. They want to live in those moments forever. But time is cruel. It speeds up right when you least expect it and slows down when everything already feels unbearable. 

 

So Sehun and Luhan try to make the most of the time they have together. They have spent every moment of their relationship as if it were their last. Not because they are in danger or because they’re scared. No it's because they have been close to losing it all. They know how time works and they don’t plan on taking any of the time given to them for granted. And so far everything has been great. 

 

They moved in together, got a cute little puppy they named Vivi and an orange tabby they named Yellow. Sehun left the newspaper to become a novelist. He published a book inspired by his experiences and some of Luhan's. It became the number one book in the country and because of its success he is now working on a short series. Luhan helps him sometimes but most of the time he likes to distract Sehun with random kisses.  Sehun doesn’t complain though because he’d be a liar if he said he didn’t like it.

 

Luhan is adjusting to living outside of the mafia. It's a big shift for him because there's so much time on his hands now. At first he was bored and anxious. He felt like he’d go mad whenever he was left alone in their apartment with nothing to do. Vivi and Yellow helped sometimes but other times he just felt so lost. He still helped Kris manage the books to several of their businesses as well as his own but even that wasn’t enough. It wasn’t until Sehun suggested he find a hobby that Luhan realized how much of his life he’d given to the underground. Once he realized that he committed to finding a hobby and making the most of this new found time. His journey led him to baking. He absolutely loved it and was extremely happy to be good at it. Cooking...was a different story. That was Sehun's area of expertise. 

 

They would make dinner together but dessert was all Luhan. He loved mixing ingredients, the smell of whatever treat he’d decided to make baking in the oven, and of course Sehun's reaction when he took the first bite. Sehun always loved his baking. It didn’t matter what it was. Sehun always gave him the biggest of smiles and praises. And Luhan knew Sehun wasn’t exaggerating or being too nice. They had shared meals with Kris and Jongin and even Kyung and Sehun's old boss Suho.They all genuinely loved his baking and it made Luhan feel proud of his new found talent.

“You know you could open up a bakery” Sehun had suggested one night after taking a bite of a chocolate cake Luhan had made.

 

Luhan smiled over at his boyfriend and shook his head ‘no’ “I could but...I don’t really see myself in a bakery.”

 

“But you love baking” Sehun pointed out around a mouthful of cake. Luhan couldn’t help but laugh.

 

“I do but it's just for fun. Making it a business would mean it's work and it would be less fun.” 

 

Sehun nodded then and finished off the rest of his piece of cake before saying “Well I suppose...I’m definitely gonna need a gym membership soon though.”

 

Luhan chuckled as he walked closer to where Sehun had been standing “Why’s that?”

 

“Because I don’t know how to not eat all the stuff you bake.” Sehun deadpanned making Luhan laugh.

 

“Poor you” Luhan teased 

 

“Yes! Exactly poor me” Sehun exclaimed dramatically as he pulled Luhan closer to him and wrapped his arms around Luhans waist.

 

“You’re so dramatic” Luhan replied kissing Sehun's neck before looking up at him with a mischievous look in his eyes “But if you’re concerned about gaining weight I know a few ways that will help burn some calories” he said suggestively and was immediately pulled in for a long passionate kiss. The type that made you head feel light and your toes curl in need.


 

T

Please log in to read the full chapter