Sharpen Your Teeth

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

Luhan has been in the mafia for a good portion of his young life. At this point in his life he considers himself a seasoned expert in the field. Being nervous or anxious isn’t something that happens to him anymore. Except for today. Today for the first time since he started this life he’s pacing. Today is the day the police will hopefully help end part of the problems his group has been facing.

 

It's infuriating to think they had to get the police involved in their schemes but at least they still come out on top. The police just has to make good on their end. Otherwise Luhan will have bigger problems to deal with than just an annoying sub group from Busan. He needs everything to go off perfectly with no loose ends.

 

He’s currently  a mile away from the warehouse the police will be checking soon. It's on the outskirts of Tokyo. A little village of farmers and merchants. Luhan thinks it's a great place to keep a warehouse because the population in the village is small and if Hinorori was smart the people living there were easy to pay off to keep the secret. Unfortunately it was easy to discover by other mafia groups because of that same reason.

 

The night is chilly which only makes Luhan pace more. He hates that he cant hold still but there's a lot riding on his shoulders. He is the one who came up with this plan. He is the one who had to do the negotiating. And because he’s the one in charge he has to make sure this actually works.

 

“Lu...you have got to calm down. If you keep this up there's gonna be a hole in the ground.”

 

Luhan stops mid-step to glare at Minseok “Right. Sure. Calm down. Because yeah it’s not like my life depends on this going off flawlessly”

 

“Aren’t you being just a tad dramatic?” Minseok chuckles and comes closer to Luhan. Luhan rolls his eyes at his friend. He’s happy Minseok was able to come. With the way things were Luhan didn’t know if could trust any of their Japanese lackeys to come with him so he called Minseok.

 

“I might be but...come on aren’t you even a little bit nervous?”

 

“Not really. You’re plan is full proof.”

 

Luhan gives Minseok a playful shove “You’re just saying that to make me feel better.”

 

Minseok laughs “Did it work?”

 

“Hardly but you’re right” Luhan replies taking a deep breath hoping to calm his erratic heart.

 

“I tend to be.” Minseok jokes and then all of a sudden Luhan's phone rings. They share a knowing look before Luhan answers.

 

“They’re on the move” he hears his informant say before the line goes dead.

 

In seconds Minseok and Luhan are in full work mood. Each of them getting binoculars from their car and sure enough, as they look through them, they see a total of 5 black suvs pull up to what looks like an abandoned building.

 

They watch in silence as heavily armed men come out of the building but are taken out just as quickly by the police. Luhan can see the team of police start to swarm into the building and he smiles. It's over.  As quickly as the raid started it was now over. Luhan let's out a breath he hadn’t realized he was holding before whispering to Minseok.

 

“It’s over”

 

“And without a single flaw in sight.” Minseok replies giving Luhan a smug smile.  They both put down their binoculars and smile at each other.

 

“Guess it’s time to call Kris then?” Minseok asks excitement in his eyes. Luhan nods his head unable to form words. There is so much relief and satisfaction flowing within him he doesn’t even know what to do with himself. It's silly. He knows it's ridiculous to feel this giddy. He’s been working in the mafia for years now. It’s not like this is the first time he's ever been put in charge of something so important. Except it is. It is the first time he’s had to do everything on his own. And for that reason he allows himself to laugh. He allows himself to feel the relief thoroughly because damn it he deserves it.

 

They’re back at Luhan's temporary apartment sipping on wine as a form of celebration. Luhan had called Kris and Zico on their way back. The job was practically done. Now it was all up to the police to use the evidence to convict Hironori. As soon as that was taken care of he would be able to go home.

 

“Do you think Kris will throw a party in your honor for a job well done?” Minseok asked voice teasing.

 

Luhan pretended to think deeply about before chuckling “That man only knows how to honor himself. But it's totally fine. I don’t need a party.”

 

“Well that's very selfish...what about all us poor souls who just want to have a good time?”

 

“Min...you party all the time.” Luhan replies before taking a sip of his wine.

 

“Yeah but it's just so much more satisfying when we get to party off of the bosses money ya know?” Minseok replies with a mischievous glint in his eyes that Luhan can’t help but laugh at.

 

“You’re not wrong” Luhan says shaking his head in amusement before adding “But if it makes you feel any better I am getting a beach house out of this.”

 

Minseoks eyes widen in amazement and Luhan has to hold back his laughter at his friends comical expression. “You ! How is that supposed to make me feel better? How did you even get him to agree to this?!”

 

Luhan shrugs nonchalantly and smiles at Minseok “Perks of being right hand man...and you should feel better...it's not like you’re not invited to come over”

Minseok let's out an exasperated sigh “ you man….and this wine. I need something stronger to deal with you and your ing beach house”

 

Luhan laughs then. Finding it even funnier when Minseok gets up from  his seat to go looking through the bar in hopes of finding stronger alcohol. And when he does find it Luhan decides to join his best friend because why not?

 

It’s pretty late into the night when Luhan starts to feel the effects of the alcohol. His senses are dulled and there is this warmness flowing through his body. It's nice. It feels great to have his body finally relax. To have his brain be quiet. But this relaxed feeling doesn’t last long. Not when Minseok all of sudden asks him about Sehun.

 

Sehun. The person he refuses to think about. The person who keeps appearing in his dreams and nightmares. For the last few nights Luhan has had the same dream. It starts off with him sitting outside somewhere. There’s the sound of waves in the distance and as he looks out to the horizon only to find that Sehun is always there. Walking towards him with a handsome smile on his face. And then the dream morphs. Everything goes dark and all Luhan sees is blood and Sehun. He wakes up breathless and covered in sweat every time. It's as if his subconscious is punishing him for not dealing with his problems in the day time. Luhan let's out a tired sigh and rubs his forehead before looking over at Minseok.

 

“What is there to say Min? I haven’t talked to him since that night”

 

“Really? You haven’t heard from him since then?” Minseok asks voice serious. And Luhan fights the urge to just spill everything to his best friend. Because he doesn’t want him to know he had been weak. He doesn't want to reveal he had let his emotions get the best of him. Again. And he really doesn’t want to own up to the fa

Please log in to read the full chapter