Holding On Too Tight

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sehun feels like he’s floating.  He feels completely weightless. It's an odd feeling and he isn’t too sure if he likes it. Maybe it's because he doesn’t know where he is. Or maybe it's because he can’t remember how he even got here. 

 

Here...There isn’t much wherever he is. It's just a black room and he sees there’s a hallway that leads to some more lit up room. It’s not scary wherever he is. It doesn’t feel like theres anything dangerous lurking in the shadows. He feels comfortable. Cozy even. Maybe this place isn’t so bad he thinks to himself. He takes a step forward to explore the place he’s in when he hears his name being called.

 

He turns in the room but sees no one.  He thinks he’s hallucinating but he hears his name again. It sounds like whoever is calling him is far away though. He waits to see if whoever is calling him will appear but there’s no one. No one shows up and it's completely quiet again.

 

Weird. He thinks before looking back down the hall. He wonders if maybe the voice is coming from the lit up room at the end of the hall. Maybe someone is waiting for him at the other side?

He figures that’s a better idea than waiting around the black room so he marches forward.

 

And then he hears the voice again only this time it’s louder and much clearer.

 

“Sehun please...please”

 

It startles him. The voice sounds so broken. Like they’re in pain. And he’s almost positive he recognizes that voice. It sounds so familiar but he can’t remember. He closes his eyes and thinks hard of who that voice could belong to but comes up blank.  He opens his eyes and feels a scorching pain on his back. It makes him fall back. 

 

What is going on?

He looks around again and decides his answers must be at the end of the hall. So he takes a determined step forward but the pain in his back flares up and the voice is right there in his ear.

 

“Sehun...please please please hang on” the voice practically begs and Sehuns eyes widen in shock. He turns full circle but there’s no one there.

 

It's just him at the edge of this hallway. He’s so confused and just wants to reach the end of the tunnel but this voice. This voice he’s sure he’s heard before keeps stopping him. Why?

Why can’t he just go? Why is this voice so broken? And most importantly why does his heart hurt every time the voice speaks.

 

“Ughh concentrate Sehun.” He tells himself before closing his eyes again. He thinks really hard when suddenly there are images being displayed everywhere. He sees his parents, his grandparents, his old house. He sees the old car his dad used to drive and sees the bubble tea shop he used to frequent after school. He sees Jongin rushing to get to school and he sees Chanyeol panicking trying to meet his deadline. He sees Junmyeon his boss sitting at his desk looking over some emails. There’s a warm feeling that seeps into his chest watching all these images dance before his closed eyes. These people ...he knows them. He loves them. But none of them match the voice. He’s positive none of them are the voice he keeps hearing. He scrunches his face in concentration and then he starts to see flickers of someone.

 

He sees sparkly brown eyes that make his knees feel weak. He sees a confident smile on thin pink lips that are too perfect for words. He sees a round button nose and he wishes he could reach out and touch it. The images flicker and then come together to show Sehun the most beautiful person he’s ever seen.

 

The person looks unreal. Almost like he’s an otherworldly being. Something that's part angel part fairy. His heart soars when he sees multiple images split from that one picture. The angel smiling at him. The angel kissing him teasingly. The angel looking at him fondly. Yes this person definitely matches the voice. He opens his eyes and wonders who that person is.  He wonders why they sound so sad. Angels shouldn’t be sad. 

 

Angels...the word lingers in his mind until he finally remembers.

 

“Luhan?” he murmurs to himself and all of a sudden the room goes completely dark. But Sehun isn’t afraid because he feels warm. He feels safe.

 

““Oh my god Sehun! Oh my god please hang on okay. Just hang on we’re gonna get help okay just hang on.” Luhan says frantically and Sehun wishes he can see him. He wishes he wasn’t in this dark room so he can comfort Luhan.

 

“Luhan” he says again but he hears Luhan shush him. But Luhan is sad he needs to help him. He needs to tell him everything is fine.

But he starts to feel weightless again and in the back of his mind he realizes he might be dying. . 

 

He can feel warmth all around and maybe this is his last chance to say anything.

 

So he says “I love you.”

 

Then everything turns completely black.

======================================================================

 

He wakes up delirious. He blinks a few times trying to get his eyesight in focus but it never does. He hears hurried voices and frantic yelling. It’s really confusing. Wasn’t he supposed to be dead?

 

And then all he feels is pain. Pain so unbearable he feels himself lose consciousness.



 

Sehun is dreaming. He knows this because he’s back at the beach house he once dreamt up. The one he always finds Luhan in. He walks up the gravel path to the back porch. Theres a grill on the side of the deck. A large table is set up in the middle with all sorts of food. Sehun wonders what the occasion can be when he hears someone calling his name. 

 

He turns his head in the direction of the voice and there he is.

 

“Luhan?” he questions because it feels like years since the last time he saw him.

 

Luhan is smiling brightly at him looking as handsome as ever. He takes a step toward him but immediately feels pain shoot through his body. 

 

“It's okay Sehun” he hears Luhan's voice whisper and his body relaxes. He wants to run to him but his body feels heavy. Luhan gi

Please log in to read the full chapter