Kill The Conversation

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

“How's Busan?” Jongin asked.

 

“Um...considering I literally just got here...okay I guess?” Sehun grunted while struggling to keep his phone perched on his shoulder and cheek as he reached for his luggage.

 

“Oh yeah….totally forgot it takes like three hours to get there.” came Jongin's voice on the line.

 

Sehun let out an exasperated sigh as he stood straight luggage in one hand and phone in the other pressed to his ear.  He had just arrived to Busan after a three hour train ride from Seoul. He had gotten up extremely early just so that he could catch the first train out of the city.  The train ride had been unbearably long and uncomfortable. This is what he got for being cheap though. He had initially wanted to fly to Busan, but the flights had been incredibly expensive. He figured a train ride would be just fine. That was not the case. Sitting for three hours and not being able to  actually fall asleep had left him restless. At least if he had taken the plane he would have arrived almost two hours ago.

 

“Remind me to just pay for a flight next time.“

 

Jongin chuckled, “I’ll try but knowing your cheap you’ll just take the train again.”

 

“My actually feels numb from sitting for so long. I'm definitely gonna take a plane back.” Sehun replied as he walked out of the train station.

 

“If you say so.” Jongin said voice doubtful making Sehun roll his eyes. He was now outside of the train station and was looking around to see if there were any taxis nearby.

 

“I do say so. Anyway, I’ll talk to you later I gotta hail a taxi.”

 

“You sure you don't want to take a bus instead? You know just to save money for your flight back” Kai teased. Sehun could almost hear the smirk that was surely on the others face.

 

“No I don't. I'm really not that cheap.”

 

“Sure sure. Well I'll let you go take care!” Jongin cheered before the line went dead. Sehun grit his teeth in frustration. That jerk didn't even let me reply.  Sehun thought bitterly as he put the phone on his pocket.

 

Just then a cab pulled up next to him. Letting out a sigh of relief he rushed forward to ask the driver to take him to his hotel.

 

It was still pretty early. Barely 8:30 in the morning when Sehun checked into the hotel. The hotel was right in the heart of the city. This was a luxury that Sehun had considered necessary. Mostly because the newspaper had paid for his stay but that didn't change the fact that the location of the hotel would allow him access to the happenings in Busan.  He looked out his window and admired the scenery. He had a great view and it would only get better when the sky darkened. With a sigh Sehun decided to take a quick nap before getting to work. He would only be in Busan for a week, so he needed to make the best of it.

 

It was around noon when Sehun woke up. His short nap had turned into four hours of  deep sleeping and he was feeling incredibly groggy.  The poor man hadn't even thought he was that  tired when he thought of taking a nap. He almost regretted falling asleep for so long. Stretching out his long limbs he headed for the bathroom to freshen up. He only hoped that he would be able to get the information he wanted and not let his first day in Busan be a complete waste.

 

Sehun made quick work of going to the areas in Busan that had just had mafia related incidents. The most recent occurrence was a break in at the police’s arsenal. It had made headlines worldwide. The mafia was bold but never this bold. Sehun could only imagine the amount of stress this was to the police. How they had been able to get in and get out with so many weapons was a complete mystery. There were signs of forced entry, but luckily no one had been harmed. Sehun had been able to interview a few police officers who had been there the night of the robbery and was even able to see the police report.

 

Sehun concurred this group was arming itself. He had a feeling some of those weapons would be sold, but the majority had to have been to keep stocked. Little by little Sehun was able to get a full picture of what was going on. Feeling like the day had been a success, he headed for the bar in the hotel he was staying at. He wanted a quick drink before heading off to bed and typing out his notes in the morning.  

 

Sehun walked up to the luxurious looking bar. The place was decked out in white and gold. The light was kept dim, but that only accentuated the gold embellishments throughout the room. The music wasn't all that bad either. It was kept at an enjoyable volume and wasn't the normally fast paced music he had heard at other bars. He took a seat in one of the stools at the bar and waited for the bartender to make an appearance.

 

The place wasn't too busy aside from Sehun there was just another couple grossly engrossed in one another in a booth to the left of him. It made Sehun wonder if they were celebrating, or if they were always that affectionate with each other. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, Sehun turned his head to one of the many TVs that were around the bar. Nothing that was particularly of his interest was on, but it was far better than contemplating other peoples relationships.

 

Finally, out of the corner of his eye, he saw a short man make his way over to him. The guy wore an easy smile as he came to stand right in front of Sehun.

 

“Hello darling. What can I get for you?” The bartender greeted.

 

Sehun took a moment to stare at the male in front of him. He was somehow reminded of Luhan when he looked at the short male. It could be his charming aura or the his pretty face. Sehun wasn't all too sure. The biggest difference between them though was their eyes. The bartender's eyes weren't as round as the others, and they held a bit playfulness in them. Why he was thinking of Luhan at this moment Sehun had no clue, but he quickly cleared his throat before addressing the bartender.

 

“Ummm, I’ll have an Old Fashioned.”

 

“One classy drink for a classy man coming right up.” The bartender said adding a flirty wink that made Sehun chuckle. The bartender turned his back and started on Sehun's drink. Sehun watched as.the other put in the ingredients for his drink and felt himself eager to get a hold of it.  The bartender then chose to turn around and walk back over to him.

 

“Here you are, one Old Fashioned.”

 

“Thank you.” Sehun said and took a sip from his drink. The bartender lingered as if waiting for Sehun's reaction. When Sehun put the glass down the bartender gave him an expectant look.

 

“So how was it?”he asked leaning closer to Sehun.

 

“Good. Thank you very much.” Sehun replied simply not really sure what else to say. He was never much of a talker and never knew how to make conversation with overly enthusiastic people.

 

“Just good? Not amazing? Or mindblowing?” The bartender asked mild hurt in his voice.

 

“I, umm...” Sehun tried but was easily cut off by the indignant bartender.

 

“No, no it's okay what can I expect from a guy who drinks Old Fashioneds anyway right.”

 

“Sor-”

 

“No please don't apologize. It's okay really...but if you really want to make it up to me how bout you tell me your name handsome” the bartender smiled devilishly.

 

Sehun couldn't believe what had just happened. He had just been played by the coy bartender who now stood smugly in front of him. This was beyond anything Sehun's has ever experienced. Not even his college experiences had prepared him by the boldness that the bartender had just displayed. In an odd sort of way Sehun was more than impressed with the bartender.

 

He let out an awkward laugh before answering. “My name is-”

 

“WHAT’S UP WHAT’S UP!” a loud voice cut Sehun off. Next to him the bartender let out a groan.

 

Following the loud voice came a large group of guys and girls all dressed like they had just walked off a photo shoot. A guy with a wide grin was in the middle of the group with two girls latched onto his sides lead everyone into the bar and smiled even wider as he got closer.

 

“Well looky here if it isn't my favorite bartender.” The guy called out.

 

“Save it Kyung. Why the are you at my bar anyway?”

 

“Awww now is that really the way you should be addressing your boss?”

 

“Please, you wish you were the boss, but all you are is his little lap dog.” The bartender sassed with a smirk on his face.

 

That made the other man's smile completely disappear.

 

“What the is with people calling me a lap dog. I am nobody's , so how about you get to work before I fire your sorry ?”

 

“Oooh I’m terrified. Please Kyung don

Please log in to read the full chapter