Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sehun was beginning to think that maybe the story on Zico and Kris’s dealings with the underworld would never take off. He had worked tirelessly trying to find new leads but nothing. Everyone he interviewed knew what he already knew. The police were tight lipped about everything and anything surrounding the whole ordeal and every lead led to a dead end. It was incredibly frustrating. So frustrating he almost gave up on the whole thing, but Oh Sehun was a man with pride and a lot of resilience. Giving up would mean more than just not finishing his story. It would mean that people like Zico and Kris, people who did unspeakable acts against the innocent would win. And that was just something Sehun couldn’t stomach.

 

But that wasn’t his only problem. Sehun knew where else he could get his information from. It was right at his fingertips but he couldn’t muster the courage to do it. Doing it would mean potentially betraying someone he was already lying to. It would be using someone for his own success. He let out a long sigh as he thought of Luhan.

 

Luhan the guy that had mesmerized him from just one glance. Luhan who was ever so charming and beautiful. Luhan who had a connection to the biggest business partners in all of Asia. It was Luhan who could really turn the tables for Sehun. Because Luhan had to have some knowledge of the things that were happening. He must have heard something in passing some conversation? Right? Even if Luhan mainly worked in managing Gallery he couldn’t be completely in the dark about what Kris and Zico were really up to? Could he?

 

Or could Luhan be more involved than Sehun suspects? It was that question that made Sehun hesitate. Because if Luhan was truly involved it would mean he would never share anything and it would mean that Sehun could accidently expose himself in the process. Worst of all was the fact that Sehun really liked Luhan. He liked him so much he wouldn’t even know what to do if he ever found out that Luhan could be involved with the underground.

 

Luckily the answer to that last question could be avoided for the time being. Because right when he was going to head out for a run to get rid of all his stress he got a text message from Suho about a new lead.

 

The new lead came anonymously. Apparently things were getting to be so bad in Busan that the police was holding information from the general public. The person had become tired of the whole mess and hoped that whatever he had to say would speed along the process to put those responsible away.  And so Sehun packed an overnight bag and was on the first flight out to Busan.

 

“So I understand you would like to remain anonymous?” Sehun asked the man sitting before him. He was a short man with graying hair and mustache to match. Sehun could tell from the expression of the man's eyes that he’d seen a lot and done a lot in his life. The man had a no nonsense type of expression but Sehun could also see apprehension in the way the man's arms were crossed across his chest.

 

“That’s right.” the man answered.

 

Sehun nodded and placed his notes on the table. “Alright, so I’d like to start by saying that we will do everything possible to keep you anonymous. But I am curious about something...why did you come to the press and not the police?”

 

The man shifted in his seat “These people have police working for them. They can’t be trusted.”

 

“I see and how would you know this?”

 

“When you’ve worked in the docks you see things and hear things.”

 

“What have you been witness to?”

 

The man bit his lip in contemplation before speaking “ A lot. I’ve lived in Busan my whole life and have worked in the docks since I turned 16. It all started off as small exchanges. People knew but everyone has to make a buck somehow. But as the years went by the exchanges and trades were different. People would come heavily armed and the amount of drugs that were coming in and leaving increased. Then weapons made it into the picture. Most of us, the ones that work at the docks, wanted to say something but we were scared. I’ve lost friends for just trying to defend themselves”

 

“Who exactly started bringing the drugs and weapons here? Was it Jay’s group??”

 

The man nodded “Yes. They were always a bit sloppy. I actually met Jay’s father who was the original head of the group when I 16.”

 

“So this group has been around for a long time?”

 

“Somewhat yeah.”

 

“And how would you describe the involvement of Seoul's group?”

 

The man took a deep breath and Sehun knew what he was about to say was important “I know this is sound crazy but that group has been a blessing and curse.”

 

Sehun stared at him wide eyed “What do you mean?”

 

The other man rubbed his face and let out a sigh “They helped organize the original group. Kept them in line to avoid scandals. Things weren’t perfect but it was less violent. But then someone from their group killed Jays right hand and nothing has been the same”

 

“So would you say that all this violence and scandal is solely because of the murder?” Sehun asked trying to finally get the pieces he was missing to his story.

 

“I’m not sure. People at the docks talk though. They say this was a storm waiting to happen. They say that the Seoul group overstepped their boundaries.” The man said with a shrug.

 

“I jus have one more question for you and then we’ll be done.” Sehun said while writing down a couple of notes. He looked up and the man nodded at him to show him he was ready.

 

“Do you know anything about the angel?”

 

“Angel? What angel?” The man asked eyebrows creased with confusion.

 

“Yes. There's someone who goes by the name of angel in the Seoul group. Have you ever heard anything about him?”

 

The man looked pensive for a second before something like fear reflected in his eyes. “This angel you are asking about...he’s dangerous.  Angel isn’t even his real nickname it's Angel of Death. He’s not someone you want to mess with. There are rumors that say he’s worse than the real leaders. ”

 

“So he isn’t the one in charge of the Seoul gang?”

 

The man shook his head “No. He works behind the scenes but that’s all I know. “

 

Sehun took this information in and wondered who this angel could be if it wasn’t Zico or Kris. Shaking himself out his thoughts he looked to the man in front of him and gave him a polite smile and carried on with the interview.



 

Two weeks went by since the interview and since the story was printed. It had also been two weeks since Sehun had last heard from Luhan. Sehun had tried to set up a date with the other but Luhan replied that he’d be going away for work. Sehun had debated with himself over and over to message the other but didn’t want to be annoying. He didn’t want to overstep any boundaries. Especially when they weren’t anything.  Sehun had no right to worry about Luhan or ask him where he was. He knew that and yet he’d stare at his phone at night wondering what Luhan could be up to.

 

And then one day at work the unexpected happened. He had been editing an article when his phone went off. He turned to look at who it could be and was surprised at the name flashing on the screen. It was Jongin. He wondered what the other could possibly want in the middle of the day and why hadn’t the other just texted him.  Rolling his eyes already imagining a stupid suggestion he answered the phone.

 

“Jongin I am not gonna-” Sehun started to say when Jongin instantly cut him off.

 

“Where are you!?”

 

Sehun scrunched up his brows “At my desk-” before Sehun could ask why he was cut off yet again.

 

“. okay come down to the lobby! Like right now!!” Jongin ordered sounding desperate.

 

“Jongin? What is going on?” Sehun asked.

“That pretty boy from Gallery is here.” Jongin replied. Sehun could not have heard that right. Luhan couldn’t be at his work place? Why would he come to his work place???

“What?!?”

“I know! Sehun please tell me why would the pretty boy from Gallery be doing  here?” Jongin asked panic clear in his voice.

“I... Wait where is he?” Sehun asked already getting up from his seat.

“He’s in the lobby. He’s waiting to speak to one of the secretaries down here.  I texted one of them to go to the bathroom to stall but you need to get down here before he asks about you.”

 

“Stall him if you can I’m heading down now.” Sehun said before hanging up.

 

He took the elevator down and swore it was moving slower just to spite him. He couldn’t have Luhan here. It was dangerous. People here may know him as Yejun but not everyone. He didn’t need his cover blown before he was ready to tell Luhan the truth. The elevator stopped on the second floor and Sehun decided to just take the stairs from there. He didn’t know how much time had passed and how long Jongin could stall Luhan. That is if Jongin got a chance to even speak to the other.<

Please log in to read the full chapter