The First Punch

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

Luhan marched with determined steps and knocked rather loudly on Kyung’s bedroom door. The ing moron had gotten completely trashed and Luhan wasn't about to let him sleep his hangover off.

No. He had ing warned him not to and what did he do? The complete opposite. Sometimes Luhan wondered how Zico could have made Kyung his right hand man.

 

He was going to knock on the door again when he heard the sounds of dying whale noises that could only be coming from a very hungover Kyung.

 

“Kyung, I know you're in there and you better ing believe you won't be sleeping off any hangovers today! I need you to get up, shower, and be ready by 1!” Luhan ordered through the door.

 

“ you!” Kyung shouted back and Luhan took that as agreement.  Sighing heavily he made his way to have breakfast.


 

The morning went on swiftly after Kyung looked like and acted human. It was only Luhan and Kyung in the penthouse as B-Bomb and Minseok had other things to take care of.  Luhan was going to go over the plan, but Kyung cut him off saying he had to check on something and that he'd meet Luhan at the restaurant later with Jay. Luhan had tried to get an explanation from the other but Kyung told him he’d tell him about it later before running out the door. Luhan was left completely alone and with nothing to do.

 

Figuring that he wouldn't get another chance to be in Busan, Luhan decided to check on a few of the many establishments that were owned by Zico and Kris.

 

He was in a great mood by the time he was done making his rounds. Things seemed to be going well and business hadn't been too affected by the mess that Jay's group had been making. Luhan was sitting in the back seat of a all black escalade on his way to meet with Jay, the leader of the Busan group. Luhan remembered meeting the man two years ago. He had come to Seoul begging Zico and Kris for a partnership once his business started going down. Of course Zico and Kris jumped on the idea. They had been the ones that created the events that would lead to Jay coming to them anyway. They had decided to share Busan and part of the revenue. Zico, with his sly words had managed to paint the picture of a fair partnership. One that Jay fell for.

The poor soul. Luhan had been present the day they had informally agreed to work together. No contracts had been signed because this was the mafia. If someone betrays you you better bet money you’re gonna take them out.  Plain and simple.

 

Back then Luhan hadn't thought much of the whole exchange. He just found it sad that Jay had been desperate enough to believe the lies Zico and Kris had told him. He silently wondered if it had been a mistake to underestimate the man and then shook his head no. Jay may have been letting his group run wild but it didn't mean it wasn't something that couldn’t be fixed.

He was pulled out of his thoughts when he felt the car slow down. He looked out the window and saw they were a block away from the restaurant they had agreed on going to. With a sigh he grabbed his phone to call Kyung who had been oddly silent. Right when he was looking through his contacts his phone started ringing. Luhan rolled his eyes at the name on the screen speak of the devil he thought before answering.

“Hello?”

 

“You probably thought I wasn't gonna make it didn't you?” Kyung’s amused voice said through the phone.

 

“No. I actually didn't. I thought you’d be late because you're you, but you know I would have kicked your if you missed this meeting.”

 

“Lulu dear I can so totally take you. I'm not afraid in the slightest.”

 

“Poor choice Kyung. Poor choice. Anyway are you at the restaurant now?”

 

“Yessir I am. Are you almost here?”

 

“We’re  pulling up now. Did you check out the area?” Luhan asked taking in the surroundings from the car window. The last thing they needed was to be surprised by an ambush. Anything was possible in these types of meetings and Luhan liked to be prepared for all of them.

 

“Of course. Have a couple of our guys waiting on standby to. Honestly sometimes I feel like you think I'm an absolute moron.” Kyung said mildly offended making Luhan want to laugh. He could easily imagine Kyung huffing and pouting.

 

“That's because you are, but good job getting things ready.” Luhan complemented sarcastically. Messing with Kyung would always be one of his favorite past times.

 

“Yeah yeah whatever . See you soon”

 

And with that the line went dead. The car had also come to a stop right in front of the restaurant so Luhan gave himself a quick pat down just to be sure he had everything he needed. He gave his driver instructions to circle around before hopping out of the car and heading into the restaurant.

 

The restaurant wasn't anything fancy. It was located in one of the smaller neighborhoods that surrounded the city. The place was small enough that as soon as Luhan walked in he was able to spot Kyung immediately. He bowed to the hostess before making his way to the round table Kyung was sitting at.

 

“Do you know if Jay is on his way?” Kyung asked as Luhan took a seat next to him.

 

“Last text I got from him said he’d be here in fifteen.”

 

Kyung nodded and proceeded to take a sip of water from the glass in front of him.

 

“So where did you run off to earlier?” Luhan prompted.

 

“Curious are we?”

 

“Mildly. I can't imagine you doing work related stuff with a hangover.”

 

“Wow Luhan thanks. I'll have you know I was doing work related stuff.”

 

“Oh really? It’s not like last time where you were making sure all of the waitresses were perfect tens right?”

 

“What's wrong with me making sure that the customers get the best service and eye candy?”

 

“Hmmm alright so what job related work were you doing?”

 

“If you must know Lulu, I had a meeting with a food critic that's going to have dinner at the restaurant at one of our hotels.”

 

Luhan stared at him skeptical that he was able to even get in contact with a food critic.

 

“How did you even pull that off?”

 

“Connections Lu. It's all about the connections.” Kyung said smugly.

 

Luhan narrowed his eyes at him before he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. Giving Kyung a skeptical glance he looked down at his phone. Jay was here. Straightening himself out he told Kyung to look alive before both of them looked at the entrance of the restaurant expectantly.

 

Right on time a tall man with slicked back black hair walked in. He was wearing a three piece suit and aviators looking like he owned the place. Luhan analyzed him as he walked in looking for any indication that things could go haywire. The man spotted them and broke out into a charming smile.

 

“Luhan! Kyung! Long time no see.” Jay greeted taking off his glasses and placing them in his pocket. Luhan didn't fail to notice the two men that were flanking Jay. He smirked internally. Jay didn't trust them.

 

Kyung and Luhan stood up as Jay got closer. They all bowed at each other before taking their seats. Jay made a sign at his men and they nodded in affirmation before walking towards the back of the restaurant.

 

“To what do I owe this pleasure? I thought I'd never hear from you guys after the unfortunate incident with Mr. Park.” Jay questioned. Luhan could tell he was struggling with maintaining his cool demeanor when he spoke of the incident that had happened less than a month ago.

 

“Yes, well business is business and you know how that goes Jay. We are sorry things turned out that way but it's in the past now.”  Kyung replied with a sigh.  Jay narrowed his eyes at this. To him this was obviously not just business. He had lost one of his most trusted friends and connections to one of the biggest groups in Korea.

 

Luhan could see the other man clench his jaw and decided to speak then.

 

“As it stands Jay we are willing to work together again. That's the main reason we’re here.  We’re even willing to look past this whole ‘take back what's ours’ nonsense ..We’d like to discuss the possibility of working out a partnership again.”

 

Jay seemed to contemplate Luhan's words before he let out a humorless chuckle. Luhan didn't like that. And if Kyung clenching his fist was anything to go by he also didn’t like it.

 

“A partnership? Really? And what exactly would this partnership entail?” Jay asked leaning back in his seat a smirk playing on his lips.

 

Luhan took a sip of water before responding. “Well there would be a redistribution of territory and of course our protection.”

 

“And the catch?”

 

“You get your people to stop terrorizing the city and of course be on friendlier terms with each other.” Kyung replied bluntly making Luhan internally cringe. He wished Kyung had a little more tact but there was also no point of beating around the bush.

 

Jay raised an eyebrow at that and looked to Luhan for clarification. Luhan then pulled out the most recent news articles from his jacket pocket and laid them on the table. Jay leaned forward to read them and then leaned back on his seat.

 

“So you would be willing to work together if I take care of this.” Jay asked.

 

“Yes. You must know that this mess isn't good for business. If it keeps happening things are going to be looking bad for the both of us.” Kyung answered. Luhan chose to observe Jays reactions. He could tell the man was struggling to maintain his composure.

 

“I understand that but unfortunately I am not looking for a partnership at the moment. As far as I'm concerned my business is thriving and I haven't broken any of your rules. All these incidents have been on my territory.” Jay replied making a move to get up.

 

“That may be true but the offer stands. We hope you’ll at least consider it.” Luhan said making Jay relax in his seat once more.

 

“And what if I dont?” Jay challenged. Kyung immediately did his best to suppress the smirk that had been playing on the corner of his lips.

 

“Well let's hope it doesn't come to that. I would suggest a little more control over your men. If you won't do anything about it we certainly will Jay. Just keep that in mind and-” Luhan made a motion of getting up that Kyung understood. Both of them got up from their seats and Luhan continued, "We hope to hear from you soon.”

 

Jay stood from his seat a scowl on his face, “It almost sounds like you're trying to intimidate me.”

 

Luhan gave him one of his best smiles “Of course not Jay. We have no reason to. Thanks for meeting with us. You know how to contact us when you're ready to decide to accept or not.”

 

“Right. Well it was nice seeing you. I hope you don't mind, but would you tell Zico and Kris to meet with me personall

Please log in to read the full chapter