Disasterology

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was a Wednesday night and Luhan was on his way home. The day had been incredibly hectic and he looked forward to taking a hot shower and relax at home. He was just nearing the street close to his home when he heard his phone ring. Luhan threw his head back hitting the headrest of his seat. Of course they would call him right when he's soo close to being home. He looked over at the screen on his dashboard and sure enough it was Zico who was calling him. Luhan let out a frustrated sigh as he turned his car in the other direction from his home and answered the call.

 

“Hello”

 

“Luhan I need you to come to Gallery.” Zico ordered without so much as a simple greeting.

 

Would it kill him or Kris to greet someone when they call?! s Luhan thought bitterly before answering.

 

“Yeah I’ll be there in 20.”

 

“ Alright make sure you bring the reports from the west branch.” Zico said further annoying Luhan because when has he ever not given Zico reports.

 

“You got it boss.” Luhan replied trying his best to not sound snarky.

 

And of course the other simply hung up. No goodbye or thanks Luhan. Luhan took a deep breath to calm himself. He didn't want to meet up with Zico and be irritated. Not because he was afraid of Zico or anything. The two of them got along pretty well for the most part. Luhan just knew that if he gave the other attitude he'd have to stay out later because Zicos favorite way to take away the stress of work was to drink the night away and all Luhan really needed was sleep. Maybe getting laid, but sleep sounded much more satisfying.

 

The thought of getting laid made him think of Yejun. The man had been absolutely gorgeous and something about his awkward behavior had intrigued Luhan. He hadn’t seen the other in the past couple of days and he wondered if he ever would see the man again. It would be a pity never to see him again. But that wasn't important right now. He pulled into the back parking lot of Gallery and parked his car.  He took a deep breath to relax and grabbed his suitcase.

 

The lot was empty for the most part. Luhan could recognize Zico and Kyungs’ cars and the car of the waitress. He must of closed shop for the night Luhan thought as he made his way towards the back entrance.

 

He knocked on the door and tapped his foot. A little opening was slid open and Luhan could barely make out P.O.s eyes.

 

“What's the password?” P.O. called out making Luhan roll his eyes.

 

“Seriously?” Luhan asked incredulously.

 

“I'm afraid that's not the password”. P.O. said before sliding the opening closed once more. Luhan groaned internally. Why couldn't they all take just a little more seriously?!?!

 

Luhan knocked once more and P.O. was much faster this time in opening the small window once more.

 

“Password?” P.O. called out sounding amused. The amusement in his voice further irritating Luhan.

 

“What is this the 1920’s? Listen moron if you don't open this ing door you’re going to have to explain to Zico why his door was shot down.” Luhan seethed.

 

“ Luhan you'd think with that pretty little face of yours you’d know how to take a joke.” P.O. grumbled as he unlocked the door.

 

“What the does my face have to do with anything?” Luhan asked.

 

P.O. opened the door then and shrugged in front of Luhan. “I don't know maybe that you weren't so vicious.”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes, shoving past P.O. as he made his way inside. P.O. let out a pitiful whine as he hit the wall making Luhan smile smugly. He walked down the hall and could make out Zico and Kyung’s voices. When he reached them he took in the room.

 

Gallery was massive when there wasn't anyone around. It was rare the times when the place was empty that Luhan found it easy to forget how big the place actually was. He spotted Zico and Kyung sitting at the bar smoking cigars. On the far left corner he saw U-kwon and Tao playing pool. The front entrance had two bodyguards playing some cards.  Music could be heard playing, but it wasn't overly loud like it usually was when the place was operating under regular business hours.

 

Luhan walked over to where Zico and Kyung were and placed his briefcase right next to his boss. Zico looked over at him and smirked.

 

“Glad you could make it Lu.” he greeted turning his whole body towards Luhan. Luhan nodded and took the seat next to Zico.

 

Zico faced forward once more and took the briefcase. He held the cigar between his lips as he opened it up.

 

“Heard what happened in Gangnam. Thanks for getting that mess cleaned up. I was planning on going down there if didn't work itself out.” Zico commented as he looked through the current reports of his loan company he had in Gangnam.

 

Luhan rolled his eyes at him, “Right because if you went would have really been fixed.” Luhan replied sarcastically causing Zico to chuckle beside him.

 

With eyes still on the papers Zico replied “ I swear I act impulsively once and no one ever let's you forget it.”

 

“Zico. You literally dismantled a whole group out of anger. You didn't even let them explain themselves. I was doing field work and now I'm doing negotiations because you don't know how to.”

 

“Alright whatever. Either way you handled it. My money is doing good and life goes on.” Zico replied with a shrug putting the papers back into the briefcase.

 

“You tell’em boss man.” Kyung joked from Zicos other side.

 

Luhan shook his head at them in mild amusement. Even if Zico had a track record of being impulsive and extremely violent with his enemies he was still a good leader and an amazing business man. It was for that reason that Kris and Luhan had joined Zico. It was a smart business move for both of them because they needed each other. Zico couldn't expand his network into China and Kris couldn't get into South Korea.  It wasn't all peaches in cream between them in the beginning but over the years they had grown to being great business partners. Kris and Zico had a talent for getting into good investments and working all types of underground work. Together they were able to have control over most of Asia.

 

Zicos accounting skills could almost rival Luhan's at times. Something that in the beginning had made them rivals. Mostly because they didn't trust each other and always felt like the other was trying to cheat someone.

 

“Alright since that's taken care of do you think I can go?” Luhan asked looking over at Zico who had just taken a drag from his cigar.

 

“What's the rush Lu? Take a load off have a drink.” Kyung teased.

 

“Yeah Luhan stay. You want a cigar?”

 

Luhan looked at both of them skeptically. They were up to something. He knew it in the way they wouldn't flat out tell him he could go home. Losing his hope of being able to sleep Lunan let out a sigh.

 

“Okay what is it?”

 

“What is what?” Zico asked innocently but the smirk he tried to hide on his face gave him away.

 

“You know what I mean Zico..”

 

Zico chuckled and nodded, “I need you to go to Busan with Kyung.”

 

“What? Why? I thought everything had been resolved over there?” Luhan exclaimed genuinely surprised. He had talked to Kris about it the other day and Kris had said Minseok had it under control. What had possibly gone wrong in the span of 48 hours?

 

“That's what we thought too, but B-bomb and Minseok said it's getting worse. Not only that, but the press is starting to get suspicious.” Zico said voice filled with annoyance. Luhan couldn't blame him. He couldn't remember the time where they had this much out of hand. The Busan group was becoming a nuisance.

 

“Can't you just buy off the press to keep this under wraps?” Luhan  suggested. It wasn't like they hadn't done it before. He was actually surprised when he saw the headline of the Soul Times just a week ago claiming there was an uprising. He had scoffed then but if Zico was worried about it it must mean the press was getting closer to finding out the truth.

 

“I could but then I would literally be admitting to being involved so I need you and Kyung to take care of this as quietly as possible.”

 

Luhan nodded in acknowledgment. Zico made a great point. The sooner they had this under control the easier it would be to keep the press and more importantly the police at bay.

 

“This is ridiculous. You'd think those morons would have gotten the message loud and clear since the last time.” Luhan commented.

 

“Yeah well that's why you and Kyung are going. Remind them who we are. They're being rowdy because they’re mad we cut ties with them and think they have one over us with this whole rat bull.” Zico replied shaking his head in annoyance. “Which reminds me, you catch that bastard yet?”

 

“No. But I wouldn't worry too much about it anymore. I have an idea on who it is. I just don't want him to think we’re onto him.” Luhan said. He had been tracking

Please log in to read the full chapter