Hey, Whats On Your Mind?

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

Luhan let out a tired groan when the first rays of sun hit his face. He knew he should have had his drapes closed before going to sleep, but he had just been so ing tired. , he still was. Lifting his head up he looked at the clock on his bedside table and flopped back to his comfy pillows. It was ten in the morning. He blinked up at his ceiling trying to find the strength to get out of bed. As much as he really didn’t want to. If he didn't get up now he knew the rest of the day would be unbearably longer than necessary.  

 

He was just about to get out of bed when his bedroom door flung open. On instinct he reached for the gun he kept between his headboard and mattress and pointed it at the that decided to walk into his home.

 

“Jeez Lu, put that away. It wouldn’t even do much for you considering you just woke up and your aim is ing terrible when you still got sleep in your eyes.” Kris said with his hands in his pocket and an annoying smirk on his lips.

 

Luhan rolled his eyes but put the gun back in it's hiding spot. “What are you doing here Kris?”

 

“Now is that really the way you should greet your boss?” Kris said walking over to the edge of Luhan's bed and taking a seat right at the corner.

 

“Boss my . Seriously what do you want?” Luhan replied while rubbing one of his eyes.

 

“You’re such a brat. But whatever. I came because you didn’t answer any of my calls or texts. I figured you’d be passed out so here I am.”

 

Luhan yawned at scratched the back of his head. “Right.” He said looking around for his phone. He wasn’t even sure where he had seen it last.

 

“Jeez you really don’t function on less than eight hours of sleep do you?” Kris chuckled.

 

“Oh shut up. Like you’re any better.” Luhan said finally getting out of bed and stretching.

 

“Pfff whatever. Anyway hurry and get dressed we’ve got a meeting and I need you to take a flight back home.”


 

Luhan’s eyes widened at that. He wasn’t scheduled to fly back to China for another week. Why did Kris need him to go today?

 

“I thought I was flying over there next week?”

 

“Yeah well the press has made a mess of what happened last night so I need you to reassure our men that everything is okay and under control.” Kris explained.

 

Luhan nodded in understanding. He shouldn’t have even been surprised. Whenever things went down in front of the public it always ended up everywhere. They’re partnerships and businesses were always the ones to take a hit in the aftermath.

 

Kris stood up then and walked towards the open doorway. Before leaving he turned and told Luhan he’d wait for him in the living room. Once again Luhan was all alone in his room. He let out a tired sigh before heading to his bathroom.  Well at least he could look forward to some good food back in the motherland he thought to himself as warm water cascaded on his worn out body.

 

Luhan sat next to Xiumin and Tao as they waited for Zico to start the meeting.  Across from them sat B-bomb, U-kwon and  P.O. with Kris sitting at the furthest end of the table. Xiumin and B-bomb had arrived earlier in the day after they were briefed of the events that occurred the night before.  Both of them looked ready to murder since they had been putting up with some other things that had been happening in Busan.

Apparently that same night one of their shipments had almost been stolen by Jay's group. If Xiumin hadn’t been there who knows just how much of a loss they would have suffered.  Luhan crossed his arms in front of his chest getting comfortable in his seat when suddenly the door to the meeting room burst open revealing a pissed off Zico and an unusually serious Kyung trailing behind him.

 

Collectively they all sat up straighter with the exception Kris who leaned further in his seat and crossed one leg over the other as Zico stood before them.

 

“I’m sure you guys are all informed of the event of last night.” Zico started grimly. “I mean you wouldn’t even have to hear it from me since the whole ing country knows.” Zico continued throwing a newspaper on to the table. The group all leaned forward to see the paper. Luhan shook his head at the head line Mafia Soiree. Leave it to the press to make up cheesy headlines.

 

“Because of Jay’s stupid little stunt and the police being useless we have to end Jay and all of the Busan group.” Zico said voice full of rage.

 

“But before we can do that we have to work on damage control. We have to instill trust in our partners and allies and, of course, the general public. Which means all our transactions have to be handled with the utmost discretion.” Kris said from the other side of the table.

 

“So what exactly do you want us to do?” asked Tao

 

“You guys know that all of you in here are the people we trust the most, so you as well as ourselves, will work on the damage Jay's moronic has done. But while you’re doing that we need you to pull all your resources to find who is backing Jay up.” Zico said running a hand through his hair in frustration.

 

“So he is working with someone?” B-bomb asked next.

 

“Yes. Kyung and I were able to get some information from the Russians. Apparently Jay had wanted to work a partnership with them but because of their loyalty to us they refused. They had found the action odd so they went ahead and started looking into Jay. They don’t know who it is but they believe it's someone of new money.” Zico replied taking a seat and pulling out a cigar.

 

“Can we really trust them?” P.O. asked next. A question even Luhan had wanted to ask. You can never trust anyone in the mafia. Things like this gave openings for other groups to try and do the same thing. It wasn’t like there wasn’t enough people already that wanted the dismantling of Zico and Kris’s groups. One could never be too careful.

 

“For now we have to.” Kris replied.

 

The room becoming somber at the realization that they weren’t the ones with the upper hand. It left a sour taste in Luhan's mouth. They all took pride in their accomplishments and to be shaken up by some loser group, felt like a direct slap in his face. Looking around the room he could sense the same feeling coursing through the rest of the members. But he could also see sparks of fire. Luhan smirked. At least their he could find comfort in the fact that the sour taste wouldn’t last long. Not with how all of the men in the room had expressions full of determination.


 

It was hours later that Luhan found himself in China. He had just landed in his motherland and couldn’t help but let out a content sigh. Korea was nice and everything, but there was no place like China. Sometimes he wished he hadn’t decided to move to Korea. Kris had offered him a chance to take care of things in China all by himself but Luhan didn’t really want all that responsibility. He never had. He was content working from the sidelines. He was never power hungry like Kris had been. He didn't need all that extra work on his plate. Plus being Kris’s right hand man was exhausting enough. He couldn’t imagine being the head of their group. The task had been passed along to an over eager Jongdae who did the job as flawlessly as Luhan would have.

 

The flight had been great for Luhan mostly because the one hour flight meant he could get in a much needed nap. Since he was well rested he felt ready to take on all the meetings planned out. But before he could get to that he was going to indulge in some of the food he had been deprived of over the past month.

 

The meetings went on successfully. The people in their various companies felt reassured and their men who worked in the underground only felt encouraged to work harder. Luhan was even able to discuss expanding some of their businesses with Jongdae.

Feeling proud of himself and the men that worked for them Luhan did something he wasn’t known to do. He threw a party at one of the nightclubs owned by him. It was one of the few businesses he owned all by himself.  He drank and danced the night away. At one point he had even made out with someone who in his blurry mind reminded him of someone else. When he remembered who the handsome stranger reminded him of he immediately pushed the other away  an odd sense of guilt taking over. Not wanting to dwell on it he drank some more. The hangover he had gotten the next day was one that would make Kyung proud but only made Luhan want to die.

 

It had been a long time since he had partied like that. And with the hangover that he was nursing he remembered why he had kept away from partying. Flashes of the night came to him as he got ready to head to another meeting before he would be taking off back to Seoul.  He remembered the dancing, the drinking, catching up with some of the other underlings and he remembered the hot kisses he had shared with a handsome stranger. As soon as he remembered that odd feeling of guilt returned.

 

He didn’t understand it. Was it because the man had looked a lot like the chinese version of the food critic? But why should that matter? Last time he checked their was nothing between him and the food critic. They were acquaintances at best. Of course Luhan wasn’t going to lie he was attracted to the other male and incredibly intrigued but that didn’t mean he owed the other anything. So why did he feel guilty? Shaking his head Luhan decided to ignore it. There was no sense on dwelling on it anyway. He still had a lot to do before going back.


 

“I thought you went to China to get work done not to get a makeover?” Tao said as a greeting when Luhan approached him at the airport.

 

“Oh shut up, I just cut and dyed my hair nothing major.” Luhan replied back with a role of his eyes as both of them continued walking toward the exit.  He had done it on impulse. He hadn’t even thought of doing anything to his hair since he had gone light brown but walking past a salon he felt an itch for something new and now here he was with a snickering Tao next to him.

 

“Sure whatever you say goldi” Tao said as he opened the car door him. Luhan glared at him as he go in.

 

“Goldi?” he asked once both of

Please log in to read the full chapter