Sharing Warm Alcohol

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Luhan took a deep breath to calm himself.  It had been a very long day and he was finding it immensely hard not to pull out his gun and shoot the moronic worker in front of him.

 

“I asked you a simple question. All you have to do is say yes or no. Okay, so let's try this again shall we?” Luhan asked looking at the cowering man in front of him. The man nodded and Luhan  came up closer to him.

 

“Did you change the numbers on these papers?” Luhan asked.

 

The man let out a sigh before nodding yes, tears streaming down his face. Luhan took another deep breath taking in the pathetic display before responding.

 

“See how easy that was…” Luhan replied voice laced with false sweetness.  Honestly where did people got off to thinking they could get away with this type of bull he didn't know.  Did they think they wouldn’t check the work of their employees? Ridiculous.

 

“I’m so-” the man began to say before Luhan cut him off. Apologies were pointless this far along. Luhan might have given him a chance if he had just confessed the first time he asked. But no, this guy had to deny it and waste time that neither of them really had.

 

“Your apologies are completely unnecessary. What I need from you now is to explain to me what was going on in that useless mind of yours to change these numbers, did you really think we wouldn’t notice?” Luhan said crossing his arms in front of his chest and taking a step back.

 

“Sir, I-I”

 

“You’re gonna have to do more than stutter. Come on, you were ballsy enough to do this. Please grow a pair and explain yourself.” Luhan said tiredly sitting at his desk eyes trained on the man before him

 

“I-I don’t know!! I just-it was so easy..I “ the man exclaimed terrified of Luhan's stoic face.

 

“Easy? Really? Well Mr. Choi let me show what’s actually really easy.“ Luhan said standing up and walking towards the door of his office.

 

“You’re fired. Have your things collected and your cubicle cleaned out in thirty minutes or else we’ll have to forcefully you out of the building.” Luhan said opening the door to his office.

 

“No sir! Please! I’m sorry! Please don’t fire me my family depends on me!” Mr. Choi pleaded.

 

“You should have thought of that before you decided to take the easy way out of things. Now I won't say this again, please gather your belongings and leave the building. You officially have twenty-eight minutes to vacate the premises since of course you like wasting time.” Luhan said gesturing for the man to take his leave.

 

Mr. Choi took a deep breath before nodding and rushing out the room. Well at least he had some dignity. Luhan was afraid he’d get on the ground and beg like so many others tried to do. And maybe he could have taken pity on him on a different day but not today. Today he was done with people's bull.

 

He was currently at one of Zico and Kris’s companies. They had been noticing their was a strange decrease in sales that hadn't been there before. After Luhan and Zico both checked over the numbers they realized someone had been messing with them.  So of course Luhan had been sent to take care of it. Adding more to his already busy schedule.  It didn’t matter though soon it will all be a little easier. Soon. He reminded himself.  In 24 hours things would be just a little less hectic.  Because in 24 hours he would officially not be in charge of a stupid company party.

 

The party planning had been so stressful given the fact he only had a week to get it together and of course because these types of parties were thrown whenever Zico and Kris were trying to keep the press and police off their tail.  Everything had to be perfect.  And since Luhan had been the one in charge it would be. He wasn’t Kris’s right hand man for anything.  Just thinking of how close it was to being over had Luhan smiling.

 

Taking a look around the office Luhan decided it was time to go home. He sent Kris a quick text and headed out of the building. He was tired and ready for a drink. God did he need a ing drink.



 

It was a Thursday night so Luhan wasn’t too surprised to see how empty Gallery was. If anything it looked like their regulars were the only ones there. He looked around hoping to see any signs of a tall blonde but was disappointed. It had been a week since he’d last seen Yejun. He had thought that the other would show up at least once during the week, but he never did.  Well he did. It's just that Luhan never saw him. Somehow he kept missing his chances. With a sigh he walked over to the bar and smiled when he saw Lay working.

 

Lay spotted him as soon as he took a seat on one of the stools and made his way over to him.

 

“Hello Lulu.” Lay greeted cheerfully.

 

Luhan rolled his eyes at him “How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that?”

 

“Is angel any better?” Lay offered with his signature, dimpled smile.

 

“Seriously?” Luhan asked incredulous

 

“What's so bad about me calling you Lulu?” Lay asked smirk threatening to form on his lips.

 

“My name is Luhan, not Lulu. If you call me Lulu others will think that’s my name and it is not. Not only that, Lulu is a very feminine name and I am most definitely not.”

 

Lay scrunched up his face before replying, “Your face says otherwise Lulu.”

 

“You are seriously looking to get a bullet through that stupid head of yours.” Luhan said through clenched teeth.

 

“Awww you’re so adorable when you try to threaten me.” Lay teased completely unbothered by the threat Luhan had just given him.

 

Luhan let out an exaggerated sigh, “Why are you like this??!”

 

“I don’t think you understand how adorable you look angry.” Lay said with a shrug. Luhan could pull out his gun. He could prove to Lay that he wasn’t ing around. But he wouldn’t. As annoying as Lay could be he was still one of Luhan's closest friends. You don’t come by a lot of those with the lifestyle he lives. Sure he got along with the people he worked with but they weren’t friends. He couldn’t trust those people the way he could trust Lay. So with a roll of his eyes he decided today wasn’t the day to kill Lay.

 

“Make me the usual before I fire your annoying .” Luhan ordered.

 

“Of course Boss Lulu,” Lay replied with a salute causing Luhan to laugh. He could always count on Lay for over dramatic routines.

 

“So how was your day?” Lay asked as he sat Luhan's drink in front of him.

 

Luhan eagerly took the drink, “Ridiculously long. Yours?”

 

“Oh same old same old. Just working here and making money off drunk reckless mobsters. Can’t really complain.” Lay said nonchalantly.

 

“I envy you.” Luhan said taking another sip from his drink.

 

“No you don’t. You love what you do. Plus you’re good at it.” Lay said with a smile. Luhan nodded because it was true. But sometimes he does wish his life was a little more normal. A little less problematic. Before Luhan could dwell longer on the fact that he would never know what a normal life consisted of Lay spoke up.

 

“So the party is tomorrow right?” Lay started and Luhan already knew where this was going. Lay had been asking him all week for access to the party.

 

“That’s right” Luhan said enjoying the look Lay was giving him. He knew Lays pride wouldn’t let him ask for the thing he wanted most. Of course Luhan knew how badly Lay wanted to go and he took immense pleasure in denying his friend this one thing. It was mostly out of revenge, but he also wanted to see how far Lay would go into begging. All week he’d been just dropping hints. He never out right told Luhan that he wanted to go.

 

“Ohh and is everything ready?” Lay asked. Luhan tried to hold back the smile that was threatening to show on his lips.

 

“Of course it is. I was in charge of it remember?”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter