If You Can Be Mine

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is unedited...I am so sorry

Luhan stood in front of one of the massive windows of his penthouse. He took small sips from his drink and looked at all the colors of the setting sun. The pinks, the yellows, the fading blues, and the soft purples around the edges making a beautiful canvas. He liked the warmth the sun brought into his home and the calm. He didn't get to do things like this often. He was always busy running around in meetings or fixing  whatever other underlings had ed up on. With the police keeping a close eye on everything they were doing Luhan found himself with a little more free time. It was both good and bad. Good because now he had a break. Bad because doing nothing was boring and nothing good ever came out of the calm. They were all still looking for Jay and trying to find more information on who Jay was working with.

 

Luhan felt like it could have been someone from Japan. The Japanese mafia had recently lost their leader and a fight had broken out over who would take over. The second in command had won out in the end but the brother of the deceased leader was unhappy with the out come and created a new group. A little over four months ago Luhan had gone with Kris to Japan to congratulate and  speak to the new leader about keeping their usual business . While they were there the brother of the deceased, Hironori, had tried setting a meeting with them as well. But Kris knew his history and didn't want to get involved.  Hironori was known to be untrustworthy with money. He didn’t know how to invest and was quick to betray. Someone they didn’t want to have headaches over. Luhan figured this man could be holding a grudge. People in the mafia were always so petty.

 

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of his phone ringing. Taking another sip of his drink Luhan stared at the sunset a second longer before turning and getting his phone off the coffee table. He smiled to himself when he saw Yejuns name.  He didn't think the other would call him after they had gone bowling the week before. Mostly because  Yejun lost and they had said the game would be interesting.  It was pretty basic. Winner got to choose what the loser had to do. Luhan being who he was made Yejun run down a busy street in only his boxers and socks. And he relished in every moment of it. Yejun was incredibly attractive. Even more when he didn't have a shirt on.

 

He shook his head trying to get an image of a very y Yejun running back to him cheeks blazing red after having finished his part of the deal out his head  to answer the phone.

 

“Hello?” Luhan answered

 

“Luhan! Hi!” a voice Luhan did not recognize greeted enthusiastically.

 

“Hi?” he replied a little curious to know who could the person on the phone could be. He heard a bit of a struggle and voices arguing. He smiled figuring out that someone had taken Yejuns phone and called him. He listened as Yejun yelled at some Jongin person.

 

And then finally Luhan heard some shuffling and Yejuns voice “Luhan?”

 

“The one and only” Luhan greeted playfully.

 

“Okay so I am so sorry for that. It was my friend Jongin umm I hope you weren’t busy or anything.”

 

“No worries. He sounds like fun.” Luhan replied as he sat down on his couch to be comfortable.

 

“He can be. Sometimes. He’s insanely drunk right now though.” Yejun said with a sigh.

 

“And on a Monday. Scandalous. Are you celebrating anything or just drinking for fun?”

 

“I think he’s celebrating a basketball championship. I really don’t know all I know is he won some money and was slightly drunk when he got here.”

 

Luhan laughed at that “And are you drinking Mr. Food critic?”

 

“No. Unlike him I have work to do.”

 

“Always so responsible.”

 

“Are you implying I’m boring again?” Yejun asked. Luhan could already picture Yejuns eyebrows scrunched up in annoyance.

 

“I might be”

 

“I thought going bowling and losing was proof I wasn’t?”

 

“I had to ask you to do that. Come on Yejun be spontaneous!”

 

Yejun huffed “ You know you’re just as busy as I am. How do you have time to be spontaneous?”

 

“Well isn’t that the beauty of spontaneity? You just make it happen.”

 

“Right, well I should probably get going Jongin is in my balcony and you know he could jump off or something…”

 

Luhan laughed “Hmm yeah you should check on him”

 

“I’ll text you later then. I still have to get you back from last time.”

 

“You sound like such a sore loser but  alright you can try. But you should know I hardly ever lose”

 

“Ohh wow so cocky”

 

“Not cocky just confident. Now go check on your friend. I don’t want you blaming me if something happens to him.”

 

Yejun chuckled “ Bye Luhan”

 

Luhan smiled and said good bye.

 

He put the phone down and looked back at the window. Luhan could never explain why he liked Yejun to himself. Why he took time in getting to know him. Why out of everyone he had ever dated he hadn’t slept with him yet. Luhan wasn’t a saint . He didn’t do a bunch of dates. He didn’t try to get to know people. All that  stuff was corny to him. And yet here he was potentially setting up another date.  What was it about Yejun that made everything feel different?

 

His mind raced back to the first kissed they shared. He had just wanted to tease at the time. To test how far he could push Yejun.  He hadn’t at all expected to be completely swept away by the others lips.  He couldn’t remember the last time he had felt his heart racing by just a simple kiss.

Luhan wasn’t used to that type of affection or for it to feel that way. He had been used to a life of just taking and giving. It was always hot make out sessions that led to . Most of the people he slept with he couldn’t even remember their names. The only person who had ever treated him with care was Louis but it had felt wrong. Louis was almost overbearing. Yejun wasn’t. Yejun was just sweet and didn’t make Luhan feel inferior. He was also incredibly witty and funny.  

 

Luhan let out a tired sigh. Maybe he shouldn’t have taken an interest for the other at all. Maybe he should have just jumped into the from the very first date. If he had done that maybe he could have already been over it. Although thinking about it now he was almost positive Yejun would make an amazing lover. Especially after seeing the other in nothing but boxers.  Luhan felt ed. Fate was playing a really nasty game with him.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter