What's Left To Say?

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I told you to be careful. I ing told you!!!!” Suho yelled pacing back and forth in front of Sehun.

 

Sehun sat quietly afraid to further anger his boss.

 

“I mean it's like you like danger. What was so hard about laying low??? Now you’re a marked man! Sehun do you even realize what you’ve done?!”

 

Sehun let out a deep sigh. “I ed up. I get -”

 

“No! No you don’t get it Sehun. You have officially retired yourself.” Suho yelled cutting Sehun off mid sentence.

 

Sehun stared wide eyed at the other man “What? What do you mean? I’m not retiring.”

 

“Yes you ing are.” Suho said glaring at Sehun.

 

“Suho I know you’re angry but-”

 

Suho let out a humorless chuckle before cutting Sehun off once again “Oh I’m not angry Sehun. I’m livid. And the fact that you don’t seem to grasp the situation really makes me want to punch you so hard so that maybe that thick skull of yours understands the enormity of the situation.”

 

Sehun let out a tired sigh “ Suho...I know it’s not looking good for me right now but I can’t just quit. If I quit ...I’ll become a coward and I am in no way afraid of them.”

 

Suho shook his head “Afraid of them or what he’ll think of you?”

 

Sehun’s eyes widened. He hadn’t expected Suho to bring Luhan up.

 

“Of course not. Suho he has nothing to do with this.”

 

“Nothing to do with this? Sehun he’s the reason you’re in this mess to begin with!” Suho yelled running a hand through his hair in frustration. “Tell me something Sehun… and be honest. Is the reason you won’t take even a month off because you think this is some way to prove yourself to him?”

 

Sehun stared at Suho. He had always hated how perceptive Suho could be. Especially right now. Because Suho wasn’t wrong. Sehun should go into hiding. At least long enough to wait for things to blow over. But he didn’t want to. He couldn’t.  His pride wouldn’t allow it. He had to continue otherwise he’d never be able to prove to Luhan that what they had was real. It didn’t matter that they only knew each other for a few months. It didn't matter that Luhan was part of this dangerous world. Sehun didn’t care anymore. Getting Luhan to admit that he did care about him was the only thing that was really on his mind.

 

And maybe Sehun was going about this wrong way. Pursuing this story would definitely put him up higher on the hit list of Zico and Kris’s crew and it would definitely piss Luhan off more but how else could he still keep track of the others movements? How else was he gonna be able to get in contact with the other man?

 

They had met on countless occasions before purely because of work. Neither of them had expected to see the other there or even planned on it. Who’s to say it wouldn’t happen again? Now that Sehun couldn’t frequent Gallery like he used to he needed another way to see Luhan and right now work was his only other way. He was also sure that appearing at the other man's apartment would not go over well. If Sehun was honest he was pretty sure the doorman wouldn’t let him in through the main entrance. So this was all he had….

 

Looking at Suho straight in the eyes Sehun lied “I don’t need to prove anything to anyone. This is my story and I’m committed to seeing it through to the end.”

 

Suho eyed him warily before he hung his head in acceptance. “Knowing you even if I fired you you’d just become a freelance journalist. Alright Sehun ...I won’t take this story away from you but I’m transferring you.”

 

“What? Where?” Sehun asked completely taken aback. The story was here in Seoul. Why would Suho transfer him?

 

“Japan.” Suho replied finally taking a seat at his desk.

 

“Japan? Suho this story is taking place here. How am I supposed to work on it if I’m not even in the same country?”

 

Suho smirked “There's something brewing in Japan...it might be connected to the things happening here. I need you to go do the leg work and report back.”

 

Sehun stared at Suho confused. He’d only been out of the loop for a mere three days. How much could have happened?

 

“I’m sorry boss but what exactly have I missed?”

 

Suho let out a sigh “There’s talks that the Japan sanction is going through a little power struggle.Some have said it has to do directly with the Korean sanction but there is no real proof.”

 

Sehun’s eyes widened at the information. If what Suho was saying was true it could be a real game changer for everyone. It would also resolve a lot of the missing links in his story. Adrenaline filled Sehun at all the possibilities.

 

“Before you get any wild ideas these are just rumors. I would have sent Chanyeol to do the leg work but for your safety and my sanity I think it's better that you go. “

 

Sehun his lips before nodding his head. Suho ,as always, was right. Going to Japan would be a great way to lay low and if the rumors proved to be true he’d be able to get all the information first hand. He also didn’t really have a choice. As much as he really wanted to stay he knew Suho wouldn’t let him. Not when being in Seoul meant Sehun could cross paths with Luhan.

 

Sehun took a deep breath before looking at Suho “ When do you want me to leave?”

 

“First thing tomorrow morning.” Suho said calmly as he sat in his chair “Go home and pack. I’ll send you the information for flight and hotel. And the tip we got.”

 

“Sounds good. Guess this is goodbye then?” Sehun said smirking at his boss.

 

“Guess so…..I hope you use the time away to your advantage. Maybe find a distraction over there to forget about the mess her

Please log in to read the full chapter