A Million Hooks

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

Luhan quickly recovers from his shock and schools his expression to look bored. He doesn’t need Sehun thinking that Luhan is in any way affected by his presence.

 

“Oh Sehun. What an unpleasant surprise” Luhan greets. Sehun blinks at him slightly stunned and Luhan can’t help but feeling satisfied. It's crazy how much seeing Sehun like this feeds his ego. If he’s honest it's completely twisted.

 

“Luhan I-”

 

“What are you doing here?” Luhan interrupts the other. He doesn't have time for this. “It better not be for work because then I would have the task of reminding you of the conditions that keep you alive”

 

“No. I...I’m here on break. My boss found out about someone hacking our systems and thought it would be better if I lay low” Sehun explained.

 

Luhan stared at him for a long second trying to see if the other showed any signs of lying but found none.

 

“So you haven’t told anyone?” Luhan asked slightly curious. Any other person would have told someone. It would be stupid but Luhan had expected Sehun to confide in someone.

 

“No. Of course not.” Sehun replied instantly.

 

Luhan smiled in satisfaction. Sehun was a fool but at least he wasn’t a complete fool. “So you do listen. That's good to know.”

 

“Look Luhan...I don’t know if you believe-” Sehun rushed to say but Luhan just as quickly stopped him. He knew what the other was trying to say. He knew because a part of him believed what Sehun was going to say. And for that reason alone Luhan had to end things here.

 

“Let me stop you right there okay. Us meeting here isn’t fate. This isn’t the universe giving you chance Sehun. What I said that night still stands. This was merely a very unfortunate coincidence. One that I hope doesn’t happen again.” Luhan said looking at Sehun straight in the eye hoping to make his point sink in.

To his shock Sehun laughed. Luhan looked at him confused.

 

“You know...you really had me going for a second.” Sehun said in between laughs which started to annoy Luhan.

 

How dare he laugh at him?

 

“What?” Luhan demanded barely containing the anger in his voice.

 

“It’s just that...you are  so committed to what you said that night but...that alone shows me you’re still trying to lie to me. And it’s fine. Keep trying eventually you’ll have to give this whole front up.” Sehun replied smirking at Luhan.

 

Luhan felt the anger bubbling inside of him. He wanted to punch Sehun’s perfect face just to prove that he did in fact not care. But instead he scoffed.

 

“And then what? We live happily ever after?”

 

“Something like that” Sehun replied with a shrug.

 

Luhan couldn’t help rolling his eyes. “Right. Well I’d love to continue this pathetic excuse of a conversation but I really must go.” he said as he turned to leave only to stop and add “If I see you again there will be consequences Sehun”

 

Sehun nodded in understanding  with a smirk forming on his lips. But Luhan didn’t see. His thoughts all centered in getting away. He hated how easily Sehun could rile him up. He hated how every inch of his skin tingled from being so close to Sehun.  He needed to get a hold of himself. He was here on a mission and he would be damned if Sehun's sudden appearance ruined it.

 

Luhan stepped into his penthouse and let out a tired yawn. He felt completely exhausted and just wanted to shower. He was on his way to doing just that when his phone rang. He didn’t even need to look at his phone screen to know who was calling. He took a deep breath before pulling his phone out of his pocket and quickly answering.

 

“Hello?”

 

“How did the meeting go?” Kris asked getting straight to the point as usual.

 

“It went well. The police are on board with the plan. As soon as they have Hinorori we will have free reign over Japan”

 

“Excellent just what I wanted to hear.” Kris replied making Luhan roll his eyes.

 

“Well if it’s that all boss I’m-” Luhan tried to say  but was cut off

“No. I need you to oversee that the cops actually get our man.”

 

“What?” Luhan asked completely surprised. Last time he checked he was in charge of the planning and negotiating and that didn’t include staying for the actual capture of Hinorori.

 

“Oh come on Lu. You have to stay. If Hinorori doesn’t show up that makes us look bad and this will all backfire on us. You have to be there in case anything goes wrong. If you’re there at least it won’t look like we were making fools out of the police.”

 

Luhan sighed. He just wanted to go home. But Kris was right.  They needed to make sure they didn’t leave any loose threads. “Alright.”

 

“Great.”

 

“Is that all boss?” Luhan asked sarcastically

 

“Actually….” Kris started making Luhan instantly regret even asking

 

“Seriously Kris?!”

 

“Oh come on Lu it’s just ...you’re already in Japan...you might as well go check on a few clubs for me.” Kris replied making Luhan wish he hadn’t asked.

 

“I want a beach house.”

 

“What?”

 

“You heard me. I want a beach house...in the Maldives.”  he really didn’t need a b

Please log in to read the full chapter