Bite As Hard As You Want

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sehun wakes slowly. He isn’t ready to open his eyes quite yet so he just turns onto his side further snuggling into his pillows. He lets out a content sigh and slowly his brain starts to go over the events of the day before. Sehun’s consciousness struggles to keep up with his brain though. It's like he’s too blissed out to even put in the effort but then he hears soft moans, gasps, and his name dripping softly from irresistible lips. Sehun's eyes snap open.The events of the night before coming in clear loud pictures.

 

He had been with Luhan last night...they had slept together. The realization of it all makes him turn to his left in hopes of finding Luhan there. But he’s not. Luhan isn’t next to him and Sehun's heart begins to beat frantically. Was it all a dream? Had he made all of it up?

 

But then he tells himself to calm down. Maybe Luhan is in the bathroom so he turns towards it but the bathroom door is wide open. It's dark and Luhan isn’t there. Sehun swallows thickly.

 

Last night happened. He knows it happened. He’s for god sake! He runs his fingers through his hair in frustration. None of this makes sense. Luhan should be here now with him. But he’s not. He’s not in the room and Sehun can’t help but wonder what went wrong. He recalls how he took his time undressing Luhan. How Luhan was so desperate and needy. Sehun constantly telling him to relax because he wanted this night to last. He wanted to give Luhan the experience of his lifetime. He kissed Luhan deeply and languidly. Luhan reciprocated every kiss. What they did the night before wasn’t just . No it was something much more intimate. Much more special.

 

Last night had finally confirmed to Sehun that Luhan had feelings for him. There wasn’t a doubt in his mind anymore. No one could pretend that well.  So of course he doesn’t understand why Luhan isn’t here. And then Sehun remembers the conversation they had had in the park. He remembers that they made a deal.

 

In panic Sehun starts looking for his phone. He has to talk to Luhan. He has to see him face to face. Because he has an awful feeling Luhan might be running away and he can’t have that. He needs Luhan to tell him that last night was a lie. That Sehun had failed in convincing him that what they had was real.

 

He finds his phone and hopes with everything he's got that this is all one big misunderstanding. That Luhan didn’t runaway, he just had some work related things to get to and didn’t want to wake Sehun to say goodbye. He looks for Luhan's name in his contact list and quickly swipes to call. The phone rings once and it goes straight to voicemail.

 

He his lips and takes a deep breath before trying again. But he gets the same result. He tries two more times and on his last try decides to leave a voicemail. He convinces himself that Luhan is busy and will call him back. Because there’s no way Luhan is avoiding him. Not after everything that happened. Not when Sehun still vividly remembers how Luhan came undone underneath him. No. Especially not when Sehun remembers the way Luhan curled into him and they shared slow lazy kisses until they both fell asleep.

 

To distract himself Sehun decides to shower and get ready for his day. He has three more days left in Japan before he has to leave and he has to make the most of them. He showers and gets dressed all the while throwing his phone hopeful glances. But of course the phone doesn’t ring. Sehun can’t help but feel the heaviness in his heart.  He looks away from his phone and finishes tying his tie when all of a sudden his phone rings.

 

The annoying ringtone filling up the once silent room freezes Sehun. His eyes grow wide and his heartbeat picks up tenfold. It takes him seconds to compose himself and rush to his phone. In his haste he doesn’t even look at the contact ID and just answers.

 

“Hello?”  he answers voice airy and heart ready to stop at any second.

 

“The deal went through. Police will be bringing Hironori in today on drug possession and distribution charges” a voice says and then the line goes dead. Sehun stares at his phone in confusion for a second before he let's out a defeated sigh. It had been his informant on his phone. A man that worked as a janitor in the police department.

 

He could laugh in that moment. He could really just laugh at how pathetic he must look. He rubs at his face and then pushes aside the sadness of the fact it wasn’t who he expected on the phone and finishes getting ready. He’s already got a plan slowly forming as he put on his shoes for how to handle the information he was given. He has to act fast or risk getting to the information out to late. With one last glance in the mirror he heads out of his suite. He focuses only on his current job. If Luhan didn’t have time for him now then he would have to make time for him later he thinks as he steps out into the street.

 

Sehun makes it to the police station in record time. His press badge allowing him access to the most minimal information but at least it's something. His informant luckily gives him more to work with and he’s able to get all the pieces he needs in order to write an artful exposé. He can’t help but smirk as more and more reporters begin to crowd into the police station as he sends Suho all the information he managed to get. There’s supposed to be a press conference soon but he can’t stay. He has an article to write and a deadline to make.

 

It’s late when he finally manages to send over the article to Suho. He rolls his shoulders in attempt to take the ache from sitting still for a long period of time away. He checks his phone and notices no missed calls or messages. All day he has kept himself busy to avoid thinking of Luhan but now his work is done. His mind is free to wander. And that’s the problem because his mind is beginning to believe that Luhan is avoiding him. He doesn’t like it. He doesn’t like the uncertainty left in there. It leaves his heart aching and Sehun is honestly getting tired of it. He’s tired of constantly thinking of the what ifs. He doesn’t want to give up. Not after last night but he will if he has to. He will gladly accept that fate doesn’t want him to be with Luhan….but he has to talk to Luhan one last time. That's it. If Luhan is still playing this game and denying everything then he will proudly bow out. Sehun is after all a man of his word. He had promised Luhan that if he couldn't convince him then it was officially over. A promise was a promise and as much as it doesn’t feel right Sehun will do it. Maybe then he can give his poor heart a break.

 

With a heavy sigh Sehun picks up his phone and sends Luhan a text asking them to meet. He gets a response almost instantly. His eyes widen in surprise as he opens the message only to laugh humorlessly. The message says the number he’s trying to reach doesn’t exist. Sehun tosses his phone carelessly back on the night stand. It's funny. Really it is. Because this is exactly what he should have expected to happen. Sehun isn’t sure whether to laugh or scream at this point. This isn’t fair. Luhan gets to just run away and Sehun gets what? A one night stand to remember?

 

No. This isn’t fair he thinks. And for some odd reason he finds himself more motivated than before to find Luhan. He isn’t sure if it's pride or his ego that is begging for some sort of confrontation. He just knows that this can’t end the way it has. Luhan can’t just disappear without giving him any sort of closure. He knows it's very likely that Luhan will laugh at his face and tell him he’s delusional but at least then he’ll get his closure. At the very least his pride can be left intact...he hopes.

 

After pacing his room trying to think of ways to ambush Luhan,and coming up empty, he finally gives up for the night and goes to sleep.

 

He dreams that night. It has to be a dream because Luhan is there and he’s smiling sweetly at him. Sehun can tell they’re at the beach house again and just as he’s about to question why Luhan's voice calls him.

 

“Sehun-ah” he hears Luhan's voice say and his heart flutters.

 

He looks over at the beautiful male who’s pouting at him.

 

“Come on! You promised.” Luhan says exasperated.

 

Sehun looks at Luhan confused because he doesn’t have a single clue what Luhan could be talking about. Luhan looks at him annoyed before marching up to him and grabbing him by the arm.

 

“I’m hoping you’re confused face is you being disoriented from the nap you just took and not you forgetting our plans. Now come on we don’t want to be late” Luhan says.

 

Sehun let’s himself get dragged as Luhan leads them down a long corridor. Right when they reach a corner everything turns white. Luhan turns to him eyes wide in alarm and then he’s gone. Sehun is left with only the feeling of Luhan's hand gripping his arm. And then he’s jolted awake. He’s completely disoriented but he can’t help but still feel Luhan's touch. He can’t get rid of Luhan's alarmed expression.

 

It seemed that even dream Luhan was just as confusing as the real Luhan. Sehun checks the time and notices it's almost time for him to get up anyway. With a tired yawn he gets out of bed and begins to pack. Today is his last day in Japan. He plans on meeting with Rei  and Minho before his flight and maybe even buy some souvenirs for Jongin and Suho. He has to make the most out of his last day here. That and he also wants a distraction from the fact that he still doesn’t know how to get in contact with Luhan. Because of course that still needs to happen.


 

Sehun lands in Seoul slightly tired but also very happy to be home. He honestly can’t wait to be back in his apartment. To finally sleep in his own bed

Please log in to read the full chapter