Let The Night Chase Evil Things Away

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

Luhan was leaning against the wall deep in thought when he heard the door opening and saw Zico step in with Kyung right on his heels. Kris who had been pacing earlier turned to look at them and let his shoulders fall. Relaxed.


"He's on his way.” Zico says walking to the center of the room and looking at every one of them.

Luhan lets the thought sink in. Jay was on his way. This could either be a big mistake or everything can go back to the way it used to be. Or at least similar to what it had been because knowing Zico and Kris there would still be repercussions.

"How long until he gets here?" Kris asks looking calm.

"In 20- 30 minutes. He's not alone." Zico informs them.

 

"He'd be an idiot to come here by himself.”

Kyung said crossing his arms against his chest.
 

Kris smiled at that and shook his head in amusement. They all knew what Kyung had said was true. Anyone who came to them without taking some sort of precaution was a fool. They might not be as ruthless as they used to be but in the mafia no one could be trusted.

 

“Alright so is the plan still for me to him here to you or?” Luhan spoke up. He was eager to get things over with. The sooner they figured out where they stood with Jay the sooner they'd be able to fix things in Busan. Luhan also wanted to get back to investigating who their rat was. Because of this stupid party he hadn't had much time to focus on it.

 

“Yeah we’ll do that. Bring him here and then make sure to keep the rest of our men ready. I don't think Jay will cause a scene given some of the people here are associates of him as well but we can never be too careful. “ Kris said putting his hands in his pockets.

 

Luhan nodded and was going to head out when suddenly the fire alarm went off. They all instantly rushed out of the room hoping that it wasn't anything too serious.

 

Luhan pressed his earpiece turning it back on.

 

“Guys give me information please.” He barked as he, Zico, Kris and Kyung took the back stairs to reach the ballroom.

 

“We don't know boss.” answered Tao.

 

“We’re trying to get people evacuated safely.” came P.O.s voice next.

 

“Does anyone know what the is going on?” Kris asked into his own earpiece.

 

“I think someone pulled a fire alarm. Jaehyo and I are running to check with security.” U-kwon said sounding breathless.

 

“Find out who it was and report to me immediately. In the meantime the rest of you focus on the evacuation and keep an eye out for anyone suspicious.” Zico said as they made it to the ballroom.

 

All too soon gunshots were heard. Luhan groaned. Of course. Of course someone would ing come in here and shoot up the place. Around them people screamed and ducked. Most of the ballroom was empty at this point and Luhan felt some relief.

 

The less people were around the less witnesses they would have to worry about. The press was going to have a field day.

 

All of them on instinct pulled their guns out and took shelter behind the pillars of the ballroom as the shots got closer.

 

“Aww where did the party go?” a deep voice called out.

 

Another round of shots were heard before the person spoke again.

 

“Listen I didn't come all the way here to be ignored. How about you pansy asses come out here and face me like men.”

 

Well if Luhan had ever heard some fighting words. He chanced a peek and saw Jay and a group of his men, four and with Jay that made 5. All of them had their guns drawn, eyes scanning the room. They could easily handle this group Luhan thought. He just didn't want to have to deal with the clean up after.

 

“Boss. We know who the rat is. We’re coming to the ballroom right now” U-kwon said into their earpieces. Luhan looked to his left to see Kyung wearing a sleazy smile. Kyung always did like action. He heard as Zico and Kris whispered orders to the rest of the men. More shots were heard before Jay yelled for everyone to stop.

 

“Don't tell me we’re late and they already left. What the Alex I thought you said they'd be here.”

 

So it had been Alex. That er. Luhan peeked again and saw Alex holding up his hands in an effort to appease Jay. Luhan had had a hunch about him the whole time. The guy was just always shifty and pretty new to being in the group. It made Luhan a little annoyed to think he had tried to make that son of a ’s life easier by trying to show him the ropes. All of it had been a waste. That ungrateful prick used up their time only to try and backstab them.

 

“Alright so we understand the plan?” Kris asked pulling Luhan out his thoughts. this was not the time to be distracted the cops would be here any minute. He was grateful he had at least heard the part where Zico and Kris were going to confront Jay.

 

Luhan and Kyung nodded staying in position to provide backup if needed. They both watched as Zico and Kris hid their guns and stepped out into view. Both of them walking out confidently.

 

“Well about time the hosts showed up.” Jay said as soon as he spotted them.

 

Luhan could only see their backs from where he was standing but he was sure of the looks Zico and Kris probably wore right now.

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting Jay. We were tied with some things and then of course there is the matter of your entrance.” Kris said placing his hands in his pockets.

 

“Oh right. I just wanted to keep your guests entertained. Didn’t want them dying of boredom.” Jay said smiling brightly. Luhan rolled his eyes. Power hunger can really twist people. Jay was never this ostentatious before.

 

“You did make a fantastic entrance. A little dramatic for my taste but whatever. We’re glad you could make it Jay. How about we all head over to headquarters. Police will be here any minute and last I recall you’re still being investigated.” Zico said

 

Luhan could hear the sirens getting closer. They really needed to get out of here. He looked over at Kyung and saw worry etched on his face. They both knew the last thing they needed was the police opening an investigation on them.

 

“Guys the police will be here in less then ten minutes. What the are Zico and Kris thinking?” came the voices of P.O. and Tao. Luhan gritted his teeth trying to think of what to do. Maybe letting the rest of their crew go would be better. At least that way there would be less people the police could question.

 

“--You think you can boss me around? “ Jays voice interrupted Luhan's train of thought. This wanted them to get caught. As soon as he realized that he whispered his orders to the rest of the crew. Zico and Kris will get mad at him later but they needed to get out of here.

He allowed the rest of this men retreat. Him and Kyung would get Zico and Kris out.

 

“Jay seriously? We don't have time for this. “ Kris tried but was immediately stopped when Jay signaled his men to point their guns at Kris.

 

Ohh thats not good. . Luhan thought watching Zico carefully. He threw a panicked look over to Kyung who only shook his head in disapproval.

 

“Boss man don’t fall for his games. We need to get out of here. This can stay here and get arrested. You can’t be involved.” Kyung said obviously hoping Zico wouldn’t lash out. Suddenly Luhan thought of the security cameras.

 

“Hey U-kwon I need you to go back to the security room and get the audio. And destroy all the security ” Luhan ordered.

 

“On it Lu.” U-kwon replied making him feel a small amount of relief. They still needed to get out of there. Luhan could hear the sounds of the police sirens and fire trucks now right outside.

 

This standoff was stupid! Why was no one doing anything. Shaking his head Luhan decided to take his gun out and let three shots into the air. Jay's crew was distracted enough that Kyung was able to nail two of them in the hand forcing them to drop their guns. Kris took the chance pulled his own gun out and pointed it at Jay who also had his gun drawn while Zico pointed his gun at Alex. They could all hear the shouting coming from the police men.

 

Any second now they’d be caught in a standoff. Luhan was running out of ideas when suddenly the room went black.

 

“You guys have two minutes to get the out of there.” U-kwon said into the earpiece. Luhan used that to pull onto Zico and Kris forcing them out of the room. He was mildly grateful Jay hadn't decided to shoot at them in the dark.

 

 

 

Hours later they found themselves at Zico’s place. All of them sat with loosened ties and bow-ties. Suit jackets were strewn over couches and chairs. They were worried they had barely made it out of there unseen. If it hadn’t been for U-kwon they would all be at the police station right now. But they couldn't relax quiet yet. Not when Kyung was still missing.

 

“He’s probably fine boss” P.O. said from his spot on his couch.

 

Zico threw him a glare but didn’t stop pacing. He was obviously worried. Kyung and him were like brothers. They had each other's backs since they were kids.

 

Luhan stood up from his spot on a chair and walked over to Kris.

 

“We can’t keep waiting. We need to plan what we’re going to say to the cops when they bust in here.” Luhan whispered.

 

Kris nodded in acknowledgement. They knew the cops would be here

Please log in to read the full chapter