May I Never Blink

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

Anticipation swirled around in Sehun’s stomach as he made his way to the entrance of Gallery. He couldn't really understand what was making him feel so anxious. He was aware that Jongin was next to him talking, but he couldn't really focus on him. His mind was too preoccupied thinking of some information he'd gathered earlier at work.

 

There had been another armed robbery the night before and this time the perpetrators had left a message. Using red spray paint, someone had covered the store windows with the words, “TAKING BACK WHATS OURS”. The press had been going wild on it trying to figure out who exactly the message was directed towards. Sehun was a few steps ahead of his peers having already a good notion the message was for Zico and Kris’s crew. Sehun figured this was some sort of retaliation for the murders that had happened less than a week ago.

 

From the looks of the crime scene, these “new” people were amateurs. Damaging the storefront was just a cry for attention in Sehun’s eyes and he wouldn't be surprised if Zico and Kris’s crew did nothing about it. Of course that would be the right thing to do seeing as they wouldn't want to bring unnecessary attention to themselves. He reasoned that maybe his anxiousness stemmed from all the recent occurrences and that maybe tonight he'd have more solid proof.

 

“Yejun!”

 

Jongin's voice pulled Sehun out of his thoughts. He hadn't even noticed they had already walked into Gallery. He looked at Jongin who wore an amused look staring at him. It was always an odd feeling whenever Jongin used his other name. He was used to people at work calling him that but somehow it always felt foreign when Jongin said it. He almost wished he didn't have to use the name but he couldn't risk people being suspicious of him in this bar. The last thing he needed was to draw attention from the groups that regularly came.

 

“Jesus where did that mind of yours wonder off to? Come on, let's go find a booth.” Jongin said leading him to one of the booths towards the back that faced the bar.

 

As they took their seats Sehun shot his friend a sheepish smile, “Sorry I just spaced.”  

Jongin simply waved it off before breaking out into a smile, “So did you hear about the robbery?”

 

Sehun gave him a look that said “seriously?” making Jongin laugh.

 

“Okay I get it, stupid question. Buuut I heard something interesting this morning while I was out covering the press conference for the draftees.”

 

Sehun rose an eyebrow at this signaling Jongin to go on.

 

Jongin smiled and continued, “So I was just standing around waiting for the conference to start when I overheard Jin and Minjong from Daily Seoul talking about how the cops in Busan are having a really hard time with one of the local mafia groups.” Jongin finished with a satisfied smile at the intrigued expression Sehun wore. He could almost hear the wheels turning in the others head.

 

Sehun’s ears perked up at this. This was something definitely important because it would confirm one of his previous suspicions. There definitely was an uprising brewing. He only wondered how long it would take for Zico and Kris to do something about it.

 

“Damn….thanks this is...things just seem to be getting a little more interesting.” Sehun said while rubbing his chin in thought.

 

Jongin laughed, “No problem, I wish I could have heard more but the conference had started right after.”

 

“It's okay. This just means I'm going to need to scope out Busan.” Sehun commented. Just then a waitress walked by and as if on cue Jongin instantly turned his whole body to give the waitress his undivided attention. Sehun smirked to himself. His friend had always been a ladies man. When the waitress left after taking both their orders Jongin let out a dreamy sigh.

 

“This place may have a sketchy reputation, but damn does it have some beautiful waitresses.” Jongin said as he stared at the waitresses retreating form. Sehun chuckled at his friend and shook his head in amusement.

 

While he was shaking his head someone in his peripheral caught his attention making him do a double take.  By the door was a man he had seen before. He was short with light brown hair . He was wearing an all black suit, and even though his face screamed angelic, the way he walked exuded confidence. He walked into the bar like he owned the place. It took Sehun less than a second to realize this was the man he had seen twice before at this same bar.

 

Just like the first time he'd seen him Sehun couldn't help but wonder what someone so innocent looking was doing at one of the most infamous bars in Korea. He watched as the man walked straight to the bar not sparing a single glance to the rest of the room.  From his spot, Sehun could see the other’s back as he talked to the bartender. It wasn't until the waitress came back with their drinks that Sehun realized he had been staring at the other male.

 

Saying thank you to the waitress Sehun took a long sip from his drink. All the while Jongin wore a smirk. A smirk that clearly let Sehun know that he had been caught staring. He avoided eye contact with the other in hopes that he could avoid the obvious teasing Jongin would no doubt do.

 

Sehuns efforts were pointless because as he took a look around the room he heard Jongin clear his throat. Sehun slowly turned to his friend who was wearing a smug smirk.  Sehun hung his head just waiting for Jongin to say something. He had given up. There was no use in trying to avoid the inevitable.

 

“So, I see work isn't the only reason you like coming here.”

 

Sehun looked up at his friend then. “What?”

 

“Aww come on Sehun don't be shy that guy is really good looking. , I would stare too.”

 

“You're crazy. I was not staring….”

 

“Uhuh sure and I wasn't flirting with the waitress. So are you going to go talk to him?”

 

“Jongin.”

 

“Seriously you should definitely talk to him

I bet that cute innocent face hides the true side.” Jongin teased with a wink.

 

“I swear you're blowing this out of proportion.” Sehun said before taking a sip from his drink.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter