Your Eyes Look Hungry

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Do you think you can do it Lu?” Kris asked. They were in Kris’s home playing pool and going over plans on how to take down Jay’s group once and for all as well as their plans to get the pesky little reporter off their backs. Luhan wasn’t sure killing the guy was a good idea but then again it was really up to Zico and Kris.

 

“Yeah, shouldn’t be too hard.” Luhan said giving his boss a confident smile. It was Kris’s turn to hit the ball since Luhan had missed the previous one.

 

“I wouldn’t expect it to. You probably have the poor guy already wrapped around your finger.” Kris joked making Luhan roll his eyes. Kris was speaking of Yejun whom Luhan was hoping to use in order to find out who this Oh Sehun really was. So far they weren’t able to come up with anything. It was like the man didn’t exist. They couldn’t find a single document except for his birth certificate. Which of course was useless because it only confirmed he was alive. They knew he worked at the Seoul Times but that was it. Luhan had to give the other props for keeping his identity so secret.

 

“Ha. Ha. You’re so funny.” Luhan replied leaning against the pool table. He watched as Kris knocked another ball out and winced. He was losing.

 

“Or are you gonna tell me it's the reverse? Did little Lu fall in love?” Kris teased walking around the table to get another shot.

 

Luhan scoffed “Me? Fall in love? Please Kris don’t be stupid.”

Kris missed so Luhan got ready to take aim at one his own balls.  

 

“Ohh come on Lu it can happen to the worst of us. In our case it wouldn’t be a good thing. Especially if they aren’t even part of our world. gets messy.” Kris explained standing on the far side of the table opposite from Luhan.

 

“Right you would know. Seeing all the experiences you’ve accumulated over the years.” Luhan replied sarcastically before striking the ball with his cue stick.

 

”Seriously Kris, if I were in love would I really be using him for our benefit?” he asked standing up straight after successfully knocking out two balls with one hit.

 

“You might. Just to prove a point.” Kris replied with a shrug.

 

“You’re insane”

 

“So I’ve heard before.” Kris replied with a wink. Luhan shook his head in disbelief before going for another shot.

 

“For your sake I really hope you haven’t” Kris said suddenly. His words sounding almost like a warning. Luhan missed. It was now Kris’s turn. But Luhan couldn’t really care about the stupid game anymore. Not when his chest suddenly started to feel heavy.

 

Heavy feeling or not Luhan wasn’t going to back out on what he had to do. He convinced himself that he wasn’t doing anything wrong. All he was doing was getting information from Yejun. That was it. And it was more likely that Yejun wouldn’t be much help anyway so what was the harm in trying?

 

It was with that mindset that he had marched into Yejuns workplace. The plan was simple. He was going to go in pretend to be lost while looking for Yejun and hope to find Oh Sehun. If that failed he was going to just take Yejun out to lunch while someone from the group hacked into the Seoul Times systems. Simple.

 

But Luhan should have known that nothing in his life was ever as simple as it seemed. After his first plan had been gutted by none other than Yejuns friend his second plan was soon to follow. Instead of getting information at lunch Luhan had flirted endlessly with Yejun. He hadn’t been able to help it. Yejun just made it so easy and if he was really honest he had missed the other while on his trip to Japan. It was a frightening thing to admit to but it really couldn’t be helped. Not all was a loss though. The hackers were able to find an address and Luhan had invited Yejun over to his place. He could at least distract the other with some wine and hopefully redeem himself from the mistakes earlier in the day.

 

Luhan changed out of his suit into some more relaxing clothes while he waited for Yejun. It had occurred to him that anytime he had gone out with Yejun or seen him he was always dressed up.  He figured that if he changed it would provide a more relaxing atmosphere. One that would allow Yejun to feel comfortable and hopefully make it easier to get the other talking.  Luhan looked over himself one last time before heading to his living room. While he waited he thought of the trip to Japan and all the information Kris and he had been able to get their hands on.

 

It appeared that Luhan's initial assumption was correct. Hironori was indeed behind the Busan’s groups current rebellion. He had used the death of Jays right hand man,  Mr. Park, to convince Jay in joining him. Jay took the bait easily especially when Hironori promised him a chance to take over all of Korea once they got rid of Zico and Kris. They had also found out that Hironori was stirring up trouble in Japan for the current leader.

 

So of course Kris jumped at a chance to help the current leader of the Japanese sanction get rid of Hironori. If they got rid of Hironori they would be able to cut off Jay and finally get rid of him. And there was also the matter of strengthening their ties with the Japanese sanction. Luhan reasoned that getting rid of Hironori wouldn’t even be hard. The man was too impulsive and sloppy. It was only a matter of time before this whole mess was over. All they had to do was cut Hironoris major suppliers and use the government in their favor.  Hironori would be left with nothing by the time they were done with him. And Jay would only be so lucky to have the same fate because Zico and Kris had big plans for him.

 

All of a sudden Luhan was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard a knock at his door. He quickly got up from his seat and gave himself a once over in the mirror by the door. Satisfied he reached for the door handle.  He wasn’t sure why he all of a sudden felt anxious but he pushed the feeling aside opening the door.

 

Luhan felt his eyes widen in surprise as he took in his visitor. He had never in a million years thought  that the person to show up at his door would be Kyung. But there Kyung stood with a bright smile decked out in his finest suit.

 

“Hey Lulu” Kyung greeted.

 

Luhan blinked in confusion. “Umm what are you doing here?”

 

Kyung laughed “Is that how you greet all your guests?”

 

“No. Just you. Now what do you want?”

 

“You not gonna let me in?”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes but stepped aside from the door to let Kyung in. Once Kyung was inside he quickly folded his arms across his chest and looked pointedly at Kyung. “Alright so why are you here?”

 

Kyung plopped onto his couch and took in his surroundings before answering “What can’t a guy visit his friend?”

 

Luhan stepped away from the door and came closer to Kyung “Oh sure except we’re not really friends and I know your . You want something”

 

“ First of all ouch and second I don’t know what you’re trying to insinuate here” Kyung replied innocently.

 

“Ha. Okay sure.”Luhan let out a dry laugh before coming by Kyungs head and pulling him up by the ear.”

 

“Oww! Luhan let got” Kyung yelped instantly getting up from his seat.

 

“Not until you tell me what you’re really doing here” Luhan said twisting the others ear.

 

“! Okay! Okay!” Kyung groaned and Luhan let him go.

 

“God your’re a real you know that?” Kyung said rubbing at his ear and glaring at Luhan.

 

“I’m aware.” Luhan said with a smirk “Now what’s up what are you doing here?”

 

“I wanted to know if you could be my date. Okay.”Kyung said still glaring at Luhan.

 

Luhan narrowed his eyes Kyung “Your date? Why?”

 

Kyung let out a sigh “Yes my date. I needed you to help me close a deal. The guy that I’m trying to set up business with may or may not be smitten with you”

 

Luhan felt himself become hot with anger. He absolutely hated being used as bait. He had made a reputation for himsel

Please log in to read the full chapter