Take A Breath

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

Luhan feels anxious as they drive into the woods. He knows their plan is solid. He knows this nightmare will all be over soon but...the thought of Sehun being hurt is driving him insane.  Because for all he knows Sehun could already be dead...this isn’t a movie. His life isn’t about happy endings. It never has been. He knows people die everyday. And death isn’t picky. He takes the sinner in the same way he takes the saint. It's the brutal truth that Luhan has known his whole life. 

“Lu...you need to relax.” he hears Minseok say and he’s instantly brought out of his dark thoughts. It's honestly amazing how fast Minseok and Kyung were able to fly out. Kris had called them in as Luhan worked on their plan for getting most of their men out of Busan. They weren’t really abandoning the territory. No they were gonna ing surround it. The minute they got Sehun back all of Jays men were gonna be wiped out. Kris and Zico had agreed that it was about time they took every single one of them out. No mercy this time. They had tried to remain civil. They had tried to do it the nice way but Jay decided to make a joke out of them and that just did not sit well with any of them. Jay’s group would be exterminated and serve as a warning to anyone who dared ever challenge them in the future.

Luhan let out a tired sigh and nods at Minseok. He wishes he could pretend that he’s fine but he can’t. Not anymore. It was easier earlier. It was easier to use his anger to arrange everything but now the anticipation was killing him. There was nothing to get his mind to focus on.



“Lu...you need to be focused right now. If you let your feelings get in the way now you won’t be able to see this through. I need you to take a deep breath. Sehun is fine. Jay is an idiot but he knows how much more important it is that he keep Sehun alive. We have Kyung and Jongdae as back up. And Kris is on standby for whatever happens. You’re plan is perfect”

 

Luhan can feel tears forming in the corner of his eye  and he shakes his head as if to get rid of them “I just can’t help it Min. If Sehun is hurt ...if he isn’t alive..it’s still my fault. I wasn’t strong enough to push him away. I was weak. For the first time in my life I let myself fall in love and all for nothing because I wasn’t smart enough to protect him.”

 

Minseok throws Luhan a pitying look the other doesn’t catch. He scoots closer to Luhan and throws his arm around the others shoulder pulling him close.

 

“Hey that’s not true.You tried. And you did everything you could to keep this under wraps but happens. None of us could have seen this coming. And I’m positive Sehun would not want you to blame yourself.”

 

Luhan lets out a drawn out sigh “You’re right.”

 

“I tend to be” Minseok says giving Luhan a small smile and Luhan can’t help but give the other a playful shove.

 

“Thanks again for coming” 

 

“It’s no problem at all. I was actually pretty bored so thank you”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes “Right”

 

Their little moment was interrupted when they both feel their car slow to a stop. The driver announces that they have arrived and Luhan receives a text from Kris saying everything is set to go. The moment of truth has officially arrived and Luhan pushes all his fears to the side. He glances over at Minseok who only nods at him confidently before opening the car door. 

 

The rain splashes into the car but Luhan pays it no mind as he slides out of the car. His eyes instantly search for Jay and his group and he sees them maybe 15 feet away from where he is standing. Minseok straightens his jacket and gives Luhan a confident smirk before handing him a briefcase. It's the cash Jay requested.  Luhan takes it and marches forward confidently.

 

To an observer it would look as if Luhan is unprotected. The only people with him are the driver and Minseok. But Jongdae and Kyung are already probably on the other side of the clearing with their guns out ready to shoot as soon as the exchange is made. Theres also snippers lurking because rule number one is to trust no one. Always. And of course rule number two is to be three steps ahead of the enemy. Should Jay try any funny business before or after the exchange and Jay would be dealt with right there. Not that he would walk away from this whole ordeal alive. Because causing this much trouble was only a death sentence waiting to happen and Luhan was ready to dish it out. It was really a matter of circumstances.

 

A clap of thunder is heard throughout the clearing forcing Luhan to focus. They’re getting closer when all of a sudden his name is being screamed.

 

He looks back in an instant and feels all the air leave his body when he sees the source of the scream. It’s Sehun. It's Sehun and he’s ALIVE. But then there's another crack of thunder and the unmistakable sound of a gunshot.

 

Time slows. Luhan watches in horror as Sehun’s face contorts into one of pain and slowly falls to the ground.

 

“Sehun!!” Luhan yells snapping into motion as he runs towards Sehuns limp body. Theres gunshots heard throughout the clearing but Luhan doesn't care. He has to get to Sehun. He has to get to him because he cannot loose Sehun.He cant.

 

He reaches Sehun and sees the rain water and blood mixing together into an ugly orange red. Luhan forces his lungs to work as he closes in on Sehun’s body and all but throws himself to the ground. He takes Sehun as gently as he possibly can and feels his heart shatter at the others paleness. Luhan brushes wet strands of hair out of Sehun’s face and chants his name over and over again.

“Sehun Sehun Sehun Sehun” he whispers trying to get a reaction. He gently places Sehun on his lap and frantically searches for a pulse. He finds it but it's weak. Sehun is losing blood and ...! 

 

“Sehun...Sehun please” Luhan begs.

 

“Minseok!!!” He yells because Sehun isn’t responding. He isn’t responding and Luhan doesn’t know what to do. He’s gonna lose Sehun.. He had been so close!!!

 

“Please please please Sehun...Sehun please” he cries and it's in that moment he realizes hes been crying. The realization makes him sob into Sehuns hair because it's really over? This is how everything ends? No. No no no no this can’t be it.

 

“Sehun...please...please hold on.” he begs again and the others cheek. He looks around frantically and see’s Minseok running towards them. Luhan feels something like relief wash through him because help is finally coming.

 

“Luhan?” he hears Sehuns voice whisper and Luhan snaps his face right back to Sehuns face.

 

“Oh my god Sehun! Oh my god please hang on okay. Just hang on we’re gonna get help okay just hang on.”

 

“Luhan” Sehun whispers and Luhan can see how much pain speaking causes him. He quickly caresses his face

Please log in to read the full chapter