So Whats Left To Do

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

Luhan doesn’t dare glance at Sehun as he leaves the room. He can’t. Not when he knows that even if what Sehun is saying turns out to be true they still can’t have any sort of future together. Because as much as it pains a part of him Luhan can never trust Sehun. His life is the mafia. The number one rule is to trust no one. And Luhan is pretty ing sure that trusting a ing journalist is at the top of the list of people to NOT trust.

 

So Luhan takes a deep breath to compose himself and heads out into the night with his head held high like this is just a normal night. Like he didn’t just learn that he had fallen for the stupid journalist. As he gets into his car to meet with the rest of the crew he can’t help but let out a bitter laugh as he hears both Kris and  Minseok telling him not to develop feelings. So much for that piece of advice.

 

“So how’d it go with Oh Sehun?” Kris asks as soon as Luhan makes himself comfortable in one of the chairs along the big business table.

 

“He got the message. I doubt we’ll hear from him again.” Luhan replies with a straight face. He really hopes Sehun got the message. Otherwise it might really be his job to take Sehun out and the thought alone is enough to make Luhan feel sick.

 

“Great!” Zico speaks up a satisfied smile on his lips. “Now that thats done we can move on to other important things”

 

“Right. We called this meeting because we got word that the Japanese police force has officially reopened a case that involves Hinorori.” Kris said next.

“Thats great! We’re one step closer to getting the Jay problem fixed then right?” Tao asks. Luhan can practically feel the whole room become excited at the idea. They’d finally be able to pu this whole mess behind them. Maybe he can manage a trip for himself….just to clear his mind of the mess his life has become

 

“Yes...and no.” Zico answers “For this to work we need to plant evidence of his dealings without outing any of his connections.”

 

Luhan nods his head in thought and bitterly let's the idea of going on a trip go. It was just too good to be true.

 

“So how do you plan on going about this boss?” Kyung asks voice serious for a change.

 

“Well we can go about this two ways...the first way is to have one of ours join their group. Whoever goes will basically work as our mole to get information and to expose any of Hinororis warehouses” Kris answers and Luhan can already tell this plan is not going to work.  Planting a person into a group requires time. It would take at least two to three months for them to make any kind of move. Thats time that they cant afford. Anything could happen in a matter of months. They can’t give Jay anymore time to mess with their business.

 

“What’s the second option? Minseok asks. Luhan can tell that most of them have already come to the same conclusion as him.

 

“The second option is to bring in one of our own connections to make a deal. They would be the ones to show the police the evidence needed to put Hinorori behind bars.”

 

“Not to be an or anything but both of these ideas seem stupid” Luhan says giving Kris an annoyed look.

 

Kris smiles back at Luhan and raises a brow. “Oh...and what would you suggest we do Luhan?”

 

Luhan could feel all eyes on him and suddenly felt unsure of himself. This wasn’t a simple mission. There was a lot at stake for them. He didn’t even have a solid idea on what to do when he spoke up at first. Taking a breath Luhan met Kris’s gaze.

 

“This issue has to be dealt with stealth and quickness. We don’t have time to go about training someone to go into their group and we also can’t trust any of our allies not to take this opportunity to stab us in the back….I say we make a deal with the police.”

 

“Ummm aren’t they looking for a reason to shut us down?” PO asked

 

“Yes...but they don’t have anything on us. We also wouldn’t be working with the Korean police it would be with Japans. If we give them Hinorori we not only get rid of him but we can even trade immunity on their soil”Luhan explained and felt a little proud when he saw Kris and Zico nodding along.

 

“You make a good point Lu but how do we give them Hinorori and not get our hands dirty?” Zico asked next.

 

“The police are looking for any reason to bring Hinorori in. We act as an anonymous tip and then the police go in and take care of the rest.” Luhan finishes and watches as everyone in the crew contemplates his idea.

 

“Alright...we’ll do it your way ...unless anyone else has any other suggestions?” Zico asks.

 

The room becomes eerily quiet before everyone starts murmuring no’s.

 

“Great. Luhan since this was your idea your in charge from here on out.” Kris says already getting up from his seat.

Luhan's eyes widen “Wait. what?!?”

 

“You heard the man” Minseok slaps his back forcing Luhan to look over at his friend smiling face and then whips his head back to look at Kris.

 

“No..no wait Kris why do I have to do it?”

 

“You came up with the idea...and we trust you. Just report back with any progress you make.”

 

“Or any resources needed” Zico adds also getting up effectively ending their little meeting.

 

Luhan looks on in shock. It's not that he can’t handle being on top of this. Because he can. It's just that he really didn’t want this responsibility right now. He really just wants a break from all of this.

 

“Come on Lu, you know you’re the best one for the job! Let's go to Gallery

Please log in to read the full chapter