One-Hearted Race

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

Luhan watched the sun set in the horizon as his men finished up loading up the trucks. It was cool day with not many clouds in the sky.  A lot better than the dark rain filled clouds they had had to deal with the past two days. It was nice to finally be able to see colors instead of the dull gray that had painted the skies.They were at the last warehouse in Beijing gathering all their supplies and merchandise. After their headquarters was nearly destroyed Kris and Luhan decided that they couldn’t let anything like that happen again. They decided on destroying every single one of their warehouses and setting up in new ones. Only the people they trusted knew of their new locations and only they were allowed to help with the move. It had taken a lot of time especially with how limited they were on man power. Tao and Minseok were even called in to help with overseeing the move in other parts of China.

 

It had taken a whole week to get everything prepared and moved. But it was over. The thought alone had Luhan letting out a tired sigh. This was only the beginning of all the work that still needed to be done.

 

“Luhan... sir..” said a nervous voice from behind Luhan.

 

Luhan didn’t spare the man a glance. Instead he kept looking toward the horizon as he answered “Is it done?”

“Yes sir. Everything has been packed and loaded.” the voice replied.

 

“Good. You may all leave and set up at the new location. Get as much as you can unloaded. The more you do today the less work there will be for tomorrow.” Luhan instructed.

 

“Yes, sir”  the voice said before Luhan heard the mans retreating steps on the gravel.

 

Pulling his phone out his pocket Luhan immediately texted Kris to inform him of their progress and let him know he was on his way to meet with some suppliers. Kris responded immediately and Luhan took one last glance at the almost set sun before turning towards his own car. He may have been working since the morning but the night was just beginning.

 

It was two days later when Luhan finally has a short break.  Not much of a break when all he can seem to think about is work.

Kris had managed to reinforce all of their new warehouses with more men taking up guard and cameras covering most of the surrounding areas.  Their men all had strict orders to keep everything confidential and use alternative routes everytime they go and come back from the warehouses. Jongdae was able to finish the remodeling of an old factory that will now serve as their  new headquarters.They salvaged whatever they could from the old place but most of their old stuff had to be replaced. Luhan was mostly grateful that a lot of their files had been digitally saved and backed up on their servers.The factory building was purchased some time ago by Kris for future ideas but seeing as they were in desperate need of a new HQ it was turned into one. It was located in one of the older parts of the Beijing. Not a lot of people went there and if they did they would need special access to get in since it still had plenty of running government owned factories.

 

They had accomplished so much in such a short amount of time but there was still more to do.  The biggest issue they now had to tackle was finding Jay. They had let this man live for far too long. It was time they ended this mess before more could be lost.  A small funeral service was t held for the men that died the night of Jays attack. It wasn’t something they did often. They all understood what this life meant. Not everyone makes it. But Kris had felt that it was appropriate. Especially now that their confidence had been a little shaken. They had to show a united front.  Luhan dressed in black and stood next to Kris as he gave a speech to the rest of the men. Luhan had been in charge of taking care of the families their men had left behind. Luhan knew money wasn’t the answer to everything but it was the least they could do.

 

Now as he sat in alone in his apartment Luhan thought of what it would actually mean if  he were to die. What would happen when he died? Would it come as a relief? Would anyone miss him? Would there be a funeral service? He imagined their might be. He was Kris’s right hand man after all. But he couldn’t help wondering if anyone would mourn for him the way he saw their lost men’s loved ones mourn. And suddenly an image of Sehun popped in his head. Sehun dressed in black far away from everyone looking broken.

 

It made Luhan smile sadly. As much as he tried to downplay their relationship to himself he knew they were both bordering on the edges of never being able to let go. Luhan could tell in the way Sehun’s eyes always lit up when they were together. He could tell Sehun struggled to keep from saying those three dangerous little words. That’s why Luhan had to be the smart one. He had to be the one to always push Sehun a little away.  Because he wasn’t so sure he would be able to stop confessing his own feelings if Sehun did. And maybe it had been a mistake to call the other. To confess to missing him. And man did Luhan miss him. Sehun had become his relief to his crazy hectic lifestyle. He had become the person that Luhan could look for comfor

Please log in to read the full chapter