Chapter 48

Seeking for Love

Woohyun stirred in his sleep the moment his ears caught a faint sound of footsteps approached him. He cracked open his eyes to see Kibum entered the room bringing his breakfast and walked to the nightstand on his right. Since Woohyun left hand was tied right after the moment he was kidnapped until now. The whole body of him now almost cramp since he was laying on his left last night. Totally uncomfortable for a pregnant person.

 

“Darling,” Woohyun almost startled when he felt a hand caressed his hair. “I made you breakfast. Your favourite, half boiled egg with toast.”

 

Hearing Kibum sickening voice really made Woohyun to empty his stomach. If during his past this voice was adorning and always calming his heart but today it was the opposite. How he wished he could kick this man right on his balls until he feet lost its strength.

 

“Not my favourite anymore after this baby live in my womb. Besides, I prefer Sunggyu cooks for me after eomma and mommy.”

 

Kibum was trembling, trying to control his emotion right now. Both his fist were clenched on his sides. He can taste iron with his saliva as he bit his bottom lip quite hard.

 

“Up to you. Anything else you want, darling?”

 

Woohyun thought for a while. His left hand almost numb after being tied for a whole day. What if he asked Kibum to untie him? Will he obeyed?

 

“Can you please untie me? I can almost not feel my left hand.” Woohyun carefully voiced out his request. Purposely he avoided his eyes from making contact with Kibum. He was afraid to see that guy reaction.

 

A sudden mild perfume invaded Woohyun’s nose. He lowered his face when he realized Kibum was untying his hand. Fear started to build up in his system. Kibum might be smiling right now, but Woohyun can never guess what was inside him.

 

“Just promise you will not run. And if I caught you did, you would be dead. Understand?”

 

The threat really made Woohyun hardly to swallow his saliva. He knew Kibum was not playing with his words. He better played along with Kibum or he will put both his life and his baby in danger.

 

“I won’t. With this condition, I am not confident I can run. You lock the door right? So I have no way out then.”

 

 

---

 

Kibum was about to enter a convenience store to buy some basic necessary for Woohyun when his ears caught Woohyun name mentioned in a news. The big screen at the restaurant showed the news about Woohyun abduction happen yesterday. His eyes doubled in size when Woohyun picture was also there on the upper right corner while the announcer was reporting the details.

 

“! This is dangerous! I might get caught it this situation continue. I must keep my composure so people here will not doubt me.”

 

Right after the news about Woohyun had ended, Kibum quickly entered the convenience store with a bit rush steps. The cashier offered him a sweet smile after she heard the door chimed when he entered.

 

“Welcome,”

 

Kibum just nodded to response to her greeting. His legs directly brought him to the toiletry aisle. Without wasting too much time, Kibum randomly picked a toothbrush and and other personal necessary. He did not want to be here any longer. With the unfamiliar face of him in this neighbourhood, Kibum sure his presence will raise people doubt.

 

“Anything else sir?” The cashier asked him before she scanned all the items. Kibum shook his head to answer her.

 

A few of notes transferred to the cashier hand. She counted the bill before she kicked in the amount to the cash register. A small white paper was pulled from the other side the cash registered and passed to Kibum. He took the receipt and shoved it into his pocket before he left the store.

 

He looked to his both side to make sure no one was taking his picture or was spying him. After he made sure the condition was clear, Kibum lightly jogged to his car and quickly get in.

 

---

 

Sunggyu barely survived last night. Dark circle newly formed underneath his eyes showing he was not has a good sleep last night. How can Sunggyu sleep when he had no idea about Woohyun whereabout. Had Woohyun has his meal? Was he fine? How Woohyun sleep last night? And the most important question, was Woohyun still alive? Was he still breath in the same air as him right now?

 

Continuos question bombarded Sunggyu made the poor man stress out. He cannot answer all the questions because he did not has the answer. If he did, he was not sure if his answer true or not.

 

Sunggyu woke up this morning with a new hope. He promised himself to not torture himself after he listened to Hyunah confession last night. He promised to take care of himself for the sake of his beloved. He needed to find Woohyun. But for him to do that, first he must eat proper meal. As cue, Sunggyu heard his stomach grumbled. He chuckled when he remembered the fact that he had not has meal since last afternoon.

 

“How are you now Woohyun. Have you eat?” A monologue happen between Sunggyu and his thought. Without he noticed, tears came rolling down to his cheecks.

 

One by one memory with Woohyun flashed in Sunggyu’s mind. Usually in the morning Woohyun will wake him with his kisses and sweet whisper which Sunggyu shamelessly admitted he love that way. He can feel the warmth of Woohyun love whenever he did that to him. To summarise all, Woohyun was that one lovely guy whom be loved by everyone because of his kindness and beauty.

 

Sigh...

 

Sunggyu was thinking any possibility might happen to Woohyun. Were his business partners or clients had done this? If they did, on what reason they take Woohyun away? So far he remembered, he never make an enemy in business since he was introduced into this corporate life. He was a tolerate person and violance was not his way.

 

More tears fell from his eyes when accidentally his head turned the crib on Woohyun side. Woohyun insisted to buy another crib although they had brought one month ago. Sunggyu blinked away his tears the moment he suddenly remembered Woohyun cute face when he begged Sunggyu to buy another one. He said he wanted to put a crib in their room at Sunggyu's parents' house.

 

“Please GyuGyu. Pwetty pwease…” The pleading look on Woohyun face really breaking Sunggyu strength. He had to turned away his face from Woohyun or he could be possibly drawn into that glassy orbs.

 

But Woohyun was not call Woohyun for no reason. He had his pride as the most cutest person in this world. He will make sure his husband will grant his wish.

 

“But honey, last month we already bought it. You promise me we will only the basic necessary right? And obviously crib is not in our list.” Sunggyu back-hugged Woohyun while the latter was obviously sulking.

 

The extra long pout hung loosely on Woohyun kissable lips. He untangled the snaking arms with a bit force before he turned his heels from the figure. His body disappeared in between the racks filled with bottles and some other related item.

 

The colourful colours of the arranged items caught Woohyun attention. His hand aimlessly touched several display bottles and took into his hand to read the description written. Since this was his first pregnancy, his mother in law was so excited to buy for her grandchild. Last time she gave Woohyun three sets of bottle which good for him no need to buy more. Plus, the hamper received by Sunggyu and him almost occupied their baby room.

 

He continued to stroll over the aisle looking at the display items with such adorning eyes. Unconsciously, Woohyun his prominent bump cannot wait any longer until he can hold their baby in his arms. A content smile instantly crept up making his face looked more soft and loving.

 

“This is the address. Just inform the front desk you are delivering goods for me.” Sunggyu left his office address to the cashier after he paid.

 

Secretly after Woohyun left him, Sunggyu called one of the promoter there to purchase the crib which had caught Woohyun’s eyes before. The crib was simple but it looks so comfy for an infant to sleep in. Just by looking at the crib, Sunggyu imagination suddenly played a visual of their baby giggling inside the crib while playing with the toes, looking cutely to him and Woohyun. How he wished their baby could come fast so he can kiss that little forehead and that cute button nose until his heart felt content.

 

“Sir?” A polite voice stopped Sunggyu from dreaming further. He chuckled in embarrassment, rubbing his nape while smiling to cover his feeling.

 

“Thank you.”

 

After he finished with the payment, Sunggyu started to look for Woohyun. He noticed Woohyun had not come to the crib section after he sulked. His small eyes wondering inside the store trying to search for any glimpse of his wife. And finally he caught him holding couple of soft toys at the toys section. Slowly he made his way to him and made his presence was noticeable.

 

“Do you want to buy it?” Sunggyu soft voice greeted Woohyun. The pregnant male just gave him a sweet smile while still holding onto a small bear.

 

“It’s okay. Wait until the baby a bit older than we can buy this. I’m afraid these toys could suffocated our baby since he is still small.” He put back the bear into the rack and intertwined his hand with Sunggyu. Surely pregnant hormone cannot be predicted. Just a second ago he was sulking with Sunggyu but now he was all snuggly to him.

 

“Let’s get home shall we?”

 

“Sure, my feet are killing me now.”

 

 

“You still haven’t tell me why are you insisted me to buy this. Not only this, there is still many things we haven’t settle before we welcome our precious.” Sunggyu hardly swallowed his tears back into his throat.

 

His hands clenched onto the material. Drop by drop of tears fell directly into the soft cotton leaving several wet spots on it. His poor heart cannot imagine how Woohyun and their baby right now. Will he still be able to hold their baby like he always imagine everyday? Was there still a little hope for Sunggyu to see his baby sleeping soundly in this crib while Woohyun watching their baby attentively or playing with him/her?

 

Knock!

 

In an instance Sunggyu rubbed his face to get rid his tears. He built up his composure before he let people behind the door came. A small crack sound indicated the door has been opened. Upon seeing the figure, Sunggyu tried his best to flash his smile. Although it still came out fake. He cannot lie his feeling.

 

“Sunggyu,” Hyunah came closer to his son. She held onto his forearm and leaned to him, rubbing the flesh in up and down motion to give him some spirit. She know Sunggyu must has just cried. His tears stained face might be hidden, but his sorrowful eyes told her everything.

 

“Come, have breakfast with us downstairs. Everyone is waiting for you.” Hyunah waited for her son answer. She took a glimpse of Sunggyu unshaved face. Her son looked so miserable.

 

Nodding at his mother invitation, Sunggyu excused himself to shower. He grabbed his towel and told his mother he will come in 10 minute. “You guys may start first if I take too long.”

 

“We will be waiting.”

 

 

Three pairs of eyes were watching Hyunah while she was walking to the dining room. They were all highly waiting for the answer after Hyunah announced she will go to Sunggyu’s room and asked him to join them for breakfast.

 

“He will come in 10 minutes.” Hyunah told them with a smile and followed by the rest.

 

“Finally Sunggyu has first proper meal after the shocking news.” The family maid, Lee eommonim cannot hide her gratitude. Sunggyu was like her son. To see him in his despair, it also broke her heart.

 

“Myungsoo, prepare your brother breakfast. He should come any sooner.” Siwon enthusiastic voice brought a laughter to the table. His clumsy action was tickling everyone there.

 

A few minutes after, Sunggyu silhouette gradually entered the dining. He greeted them before he took his place beside Myungsoo. He was about to eat when he noticed the rest were not with him. Frown finally formed on Sunggyu forehead as he was trying to register the situation.

 

“What is wrong with everyone?”

 

Myungsoo was the first one back to his reality after Sunggyu nudged his arm. He cleared his voiced and collected his composure before his mom and dad followed him second after. Still cannot hide his confusion, Myungsoo looked at his older twin again. His eyes scanned Sunggyu from head to toe and even blinked his eyes to confirm what he saw.

 

Sunggyu was wearing his office attire!

 

The whole table was still stunned with what they saw. Sunggyu plucked his finger to bring his mom and dad attention back.

 

“You are coming to office, son?” Siwon asked Sunggyu after he regain back his composure.

 

“Yeah. And why?” Sunggyu still cannot understand why his family looked at him like he was an extraterrestrial or maybe he was growing a thorn. Doubt with his physical, Sunggyu inspected his body to see if there was any peculiar changes or addition.

 

“You sure you will be fine?”

 

Finally Sunggyu can connect all the dots after his mom question. He put down the cutlery he held and cleared his voice first. The decision he made was came from right state. It was not from any individual who force him to do so. He understood the concern from his family but Sunggyu thought this might be the best for him. Working. At least it could help him from keep drowning into his sadness.

 

“I know you guys are surprised and concerned. But I promised you guys I am fine. Besides, I think working can help to distract me a little from this issue. So I hope daddy, mommy, Myungsoo and Lee eommonim can support me.” Sunggyu looked into each pairs of eyes which filled with sympathetic. He did not ask them to sympathy him, he just wanted them to give him some strength while facing this.

 

“Without you ask, we already support you hyung. Do whatever you want if that can make you happy. We just want to see the same Kim Sunggyu and want him to welcome Woohyun in his best state.”

 

Myungsoo warm words succeed to reach Sunggyu heart. He was happy when his family supported him to work instead of restricted him. Myungsoo was right, if he kept drown into sadness, Woohyun must be sad. He needed to be strong so that Woohyun can get the strength and came back to his side.

 

---

 

Woohyun inspected his bruised left wrist. A hiss slipped from his mouth when he touched the spot with a light force. Judging from its condition, Woohyun predicted it will take a few days to heal without a proper treatment. A wave of reality then hit Woohyun. He shut eyes with his head rested against the bedrest when he realized he was abducted.

 

More than 24 hours since Woohyun was last interaction with the world outside before he was separated inside this confined room. He lost track with time as his room had nothing beside a small window and a bathroom. He could only tell the transition through the window.

 

He truly missed his family specially the father of his baby. Just like his baby knew they were being separated with their family, Woohyun experienced active movement of his baby as if it was a sign of protest or the baby was just restless. Counting to his due, Woohyun only left less than two week before he can deliver. But his doctor said there might be possibility the baby will be born earlier than the due. Overall the date was just a prediction.

 

Back to his cramp and his baby active movement, Woohyun was afraid to think it was the early sign before his labor. He did not want to deliver his baby here without specialist. He wanted Sunggyu to accompany him inside the labour room so that his husband can be the person who cut their baby cord.

 

While Woohyun was immersed with his own thought, a sudden pain shoot underneath his belly and continued to his spine. This was the first time Woohyun experienced this situation. The pain was distinct and constant. He felt like his body was broke into two. He did not noticed he hold his breathe until the pain subsided when he finally can breathe again.

 

“Was that a Braxton Hicks?” Woohyun questioned himself. His hand went to massaged his back where the pain more prominent while the other went underneath his belly to do the same gesture.

 

The pain had faded but another fear came. Woohyun noticed his baby was too active moving inside his womb. It looked like the baby was trying to find the way out because he can feel his bump dropped a bit. And he could feel his baby head was positioned near the birth canal.

 

Woohyun felt like crying. He was not ready for this. “God please say this is not true. I can’t have my baby here.”

 

The baby was squirming and rotating more. The head was not longer positioned at the birth canal. But Woohyun believed this was a sign he might had early labour. His ob-gyn once said after he entered the last trimester, within several weeks before the due, he will experienced Braxton Hicks more as his body was preparing for the labour later.

 

“Please dear God, send me a help. Let us out from here safe and sound.”

 

---

 

Paradise Berhad meeting with their new branch in Tokyo, Japan yesterday ended with the delegacy had to returned back to Korea. Thankfully Japan board fully understood the real situation and kind enough to postpone the meeting to a new date. And here Sunggyu in his cabin was checking again the details of their previous meeting.

 

A short knock on Sunggyu cabin door pulled Sunggyu attention from that bunch of formal written paper. Instantly his lips formed a smile after he saw his guest. The only person who had such power to enter Sunggyu room without his approval were only Woohyun. First because Woohyun table was inside his cabin, and second he was his spouse. But after Woohyun resigned, there was only a person who can do that.

 

“Yes Myungsoo,” Sunggyu put aside the bundle and offered his brother a seat which gladly took by Myungsoo.

 

“How are you?”

 

Sunggyu kept the silence for a while. “Physically I am fine but emotionally I am dying.” Confessed Sunggyu.

 

“I know. We are all have the same feeling. By the way hyung,” Myungsoo left his sentence hung. Sunggyu nodded his head urged Myungsoo to continue.

 

“Do you by any chance have any idea who is responsible behind this?” Myungsoo asked.

 

Yes! Why he did not think so? Myungsoo question just now finally light up a bulb in Sunggyu’s mind. Why he never think of it. Now he can figure out other possibility. If he cannot any evidence from his corporate enemies, why not he looked from his personal? Maybe he can find something helping.

 

Soyou.

 

The very familiar name in Sunggyu past life, the person who was responsible for making his his life to fall in miserable. While thinking about the possibility, Sunggyu was well known with the fact that they were not in contact for a quite time after their biggest fight. The last time they meet was when she dropped by to his house to meet Woohyun during his absence. And the reason she gave was to seek an apologize from Woohyun regarding her bad action oh him. That was the last time they met.

 

His fingers played with with pen while he was into his thinking mode. His body slowly immersed into his thinking mode and was rocking gently on his chair.

 

“Soyou?”

 

Myungsoo blinked his eyes twice, trying to figure out any possibility between her and Woohyun. He was aware with the fact that Soyou actually hate Woohyun but as far he remembered, Sunggyu said Soyou had regret her action.

 

“I mean, she once loved me before. And she was not a good woman as far I know her.” Explained Sunggyu. Upon hearing to his brother explanation, Myungsoo acknowledged him. His brother had a point.

 

“But why? She already move on, right?” Myungsoo could not hide his curiosity.

 

Sunggyu sighed. Yes she did. But we can never judge people right? Although she said she wanted to forget him and started a new life, but we can never know.

 

Soyou he knew before was a sly woman. Anything she wanted, she always get no matter how it will be. Sunggyu was an example. Using him to forget her past love, Soyou determined to make Sunggyu fell in love with her. For five years she was chasing after Sunggyu to own his heart but always got turned down by the gentleman.

 

“I don’t know. Let police do their job.”

 

Myungsoo did not ask further. Just like his brother said, let the police investigate this. If Soyou was the one behind all this chaos, then she better be prepared. He swore any one whom responsible to break his family will get to taste his own medicine. If the police failed to bring the person for justice, Myungsoo volunteered gladly. Nobody can touch his family.