Chapter 34

Seeking for Love

Today had been the forth day for L went to look for a job in Malaysia. Majority the place he went said he was not suitable to work there with stupid reason, you are too handsome to work here, young boy or you look like you are from wealthy family, this work is not for you to do, sir. Upon hearing that reason, L will usually sighed. Sometimes he thought having a handsome face may also bring burden to him.

While walking along the pavement, L’s eagle eyes kept looking for any job vacancy or walk in interview he can attend. Since he was staying here, L decided to stand on his own feet, without being too depend on his family help. Although his mother often called him to ask about his well being and never give up to persuade him to go back to his homeland, L did not surrender. For once in his lifetime, he wanted to learn the difficulties of living, so that he can make other people trust him.

He entered a cafe nearby to wet his throat. The jiggling sound from the bell greeted L when he open the door. The warm and cozy interior of the cafe welcomed L and a waitress politely leaded his way. The waitress brought him to the most far empty table in the cafe as swamp of people flooding in before him. But, the place was very much to his liking as it was kind of far from people and next to a window.

He thanked the waitress after she took his order and threw his gaze to the hassle street outside. The sun slowly climbing from its hiding and almost reached the peak of the sky but people seem to not be affected by the heat emitted. Passersby came across him in baton. From the younger age until some golden age, they all have their on objectives. Since his staying, L understand something. He learn that in order to make a living, you need to be early and willing to take the opportunity even if it is risk. Not all people were fortunate enough to be born in wealthy family like him.

“Here your order, sir. One blueberry waffle with ice ammericano.”

“Thank you.”

The nice smell of the freshly made waffle really triggered the production of his amylase. L took the cutlery provided and started to dig in. Once a while, he sipped a generous amount of the cold ammericano to push down the bitten waffle.

Not long after that, L felt something wet dripping down from his shirt and looked to his side only to see a man around his age wore a shocked expression held an almost empty bottle of soft drink. He could feel all eyes were fixed on them right now.

“Oh I am so sorry! I did not mean that.” L was paralyzed in his seat as the man was trying to dry his shirt. Only his eyes were following every movement of the man. From this up close, L can clearly see the milky skin of that man having with a pair of reddish lips to add more aesthetic value on him.

Unconsciously, L grabbed the man wrist and flashed him a genuine smile which drove the little man to blush madly at their intimacy. Their distance only a few centimeters apart, enough for L to feel the latter hot breath mingled with his steady one. The time felt like stop for a while the moment L hazel orbs locked with the latter beautiful crystals. Something sparked inside their heart without they even noticed.

“It’s okay. It won’t dry any soon if you wipe them.” L broke the silence between them but still holding the latter wrist against his abdomen. Not having intention to let go the warmth, afraid he will lose it.

The man gave L an awkward smile when he noticed they were becoming public attention now. He straighten his posture and bowed to the public before he continued back on L. “I’m sorry again, my bad. I will get you a new shirt.” The man tugged his wrist to be freed but left unnoticed by L. Instead, he was busy gaping the beautiful creature in front him.

The dreamy look on L gave uncomfortable feeling to the stranger. He added a bit more force when he tugged his wrist and finally got notice by L. With sheepish smile plastered on his heavenly face, L unclasped his long fingers around the wrist. “Sorry.”

“Have a sit first.” L really not sounded as his real self right now. He almost stuttered while asking the stranger to sit. Mentally he wanted to slap his cheek for being stuttered.

L offered was accepted by the stranger with a shy nod. With a big heart, L got up from his seat to pull the chair across him for the stranger which left the man to blush again at his thoughtful manner. A shy thanks from can be heard from the man despite the commotion in the cafe.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Kim Myungsoo, and you?” L offered him a handshake which he gladly took it. Having the warmth again in his hand made L refused to let go the hand sooner and gently squeezed it.

“What is wrong with this guy? I am sure I did not hit his head or somewhere near when I bumped onto him earlier. Didn’t I?”

“My hand.” L was dumbfound after he heard that man. “What kind of name that. Unique.”

“Excuse me, but I need back my hand.”

“Oh, sorry. Hehehee..” Heat crawled up to L face at his own stupid action. With a bit hesitation, L released it and retracted back his hand to his side.

The stranger gave L a small smile before he properly introduced himself. “Nice to meet you too. I am Lee Byunghun.”

Lee Byunghun. Lee Byunghun. Lee Byunghun.

The name repeated inside L like a mantra. He finally got to know the name of his fallen angel. If he was not wronged, Lee Byunghun was the very same person he met at Tebrau Strait Recreation Area couple night before. The owner of the bottle which rolled just under his foot. What a small world. “Is he the love of my life? Because my heart skipped a bit when our eyes locked.”

“Again, I am so sorry to spill on your shirt just now. I tripped over something before that and boom, that happen.” Guilty was clearly printed on his face.

“No, it’s okay. Things like that may happen. It was not your fault, blame gravity.” L tried to chill Byunghun by cracking a joke and that success. He watched the man across him formed a full teeth smile on him, almost blinding him with his shine.

“By the way, have we meet before? I think I have seen you before?” Byunghun tilted his head in confusion. Deep inside L, he was struggling hard to suppress his squeal to watch the cute moment before his eyes.

L nodded to confirm the confusion. He then recalled back the night they met and brought a long oh from Byunghun. “I never thought we would meet again.”

“What are you doing here? The sight of Korean here is very rare.”

“I just moved here four months ago. I want to try living independently, that is why I choose Malaysia. How about you?”

“I was born and raised here but when I was 13 years old, my family moved back to Korea. But at one unfortunate night, I lost my parent in a car crash in Itaewon. After that, I decided to move back here since I have nobody back in Korea.” Byunghun ended his sentence with a sad smile. Seeing the scene unfold before his eyes, the desire to hug and whispered sweet nothing to the sweet man was high. He wanted Byunghun to know that he can rely on him.

“I’m sorry to hear that. Are you okay?” L leaned forward and resting his hand on top of Byunghun smaller one. He took the fingers and squeezed them gently to give some moral support.

Byunghyun just nodded his head and thanked him. His hand reached to wipe off the threatening tears in the corner of his eyes. The moment his eyes laid on his other hand, Byunghun could not help but to blush deeply at the skin contact with the cool guy. “What is this feeling? Why I don’t feel angry, instead I feel something different.”

“Oh, I have something to do later.” Byunghun retracted his hand suddenly much to L dismay. A quite visible pout could be seen after the warmth escaped from L. That cute man rummaged into his bag and pulled out a small white card from his wallet. The card was now exchanged hand.

Lee Byunghun,

0123456789

Manager of Angel cafe

 

“That is my card. Feel free to call me if you need anything. I will take my leave first, bye Myungsoo.”

L watched the figure left with a wide smile. The card in his hand become his attention back. Killing two birds with one stone. That was what L can related with his situation now. First he got to know his little crush number, and second, he may end his jobless season.

 


 

Woohyun was cooking lunch with his mother-in-law in the Kim kitchen. Since today was weekend, Sunggyu proposed to Woohyun his idea to have lunch together with his parent. Moreover, it had been quite time since they come over to the Kim after Siwon has discharges. The last time they come was two months ago after Sunggyu backed from site visit.

“Mommy, here, the seasoned beef.” Hyunah turned over to get the bowl filled with the seasoned beef and thanked Woohyun before she resumed back her cooking. Woohyun gathered all the dirty dishes into the sink and washed them. After he was done, he putted them on the dish rack to toss off the water.

Hyunah smiled when her eyes caught a glimpse of bored Woohyun sitting on the working table, doing nothing. She had forbid Woohyun from entering kitchen earlier but his son-in-law was to stubborn to obey her. She even asked Sunggyu to have Woohyun to himself while she was preparing their lunch.

“Go and stay with your husband. I can handle this alone, it almost done by the way.” Hyunah said while her hand busy stirring inside the pot. She tilted her head a bit to look at Woohyun face a while.

“He is sleeping, mommy. To add more, he even snoring.” Explained sulky Woohyun. His hand reaching out to get the carrot and knife. He started to cut the carrot into cube size to be added into the vegetable soup later. Hyunah just chuckled at his complaint. She lowered the heat and stirred the broth one last time before she settled herself on the vacant stool.

“Well, that is new. So far mommy know, Sunggyu doesn’t snore.” Hyunah furrowed her eyebrows to a point where they almost connected. When Woohyun complaint about Sunggyu snoring, Hyunah already felt weird as she knew it very unusual of him. If Siwon, she quickly agree.

“He doesn’t but if he extremely tired, the whole house almost collapse.” The new information brought much laugh to Hyunah.

Personally she admired Woohyun for his spirit to undergo all this obstacle, alone without having anyone to support him from the back or a shoulder for him to lean on while crying. It was not easy for anybody to stand alone for five years like Woohyun did. His right as Sunggyu lawfully wedded wife was denied. He did not has any power to end the marriage as Siwon forbid him to do so.

When she finally thought she can see Sunggyu and Woohyun get back together, another challenge arisen. She can’t forget the moment when Sunggyu landed his hand on Woohyun. That was the turning point of their life. From that incident also, she can see her hopeful son, Kim Sunggyu was too easy to fall into his father trap and aimlessly punished Woohyun.

“How is your life, Woohyun? Is Sunggyu treating you well?” Hyunah asked and that brought a quite shock to Woohyun. He did not expect that question will pop up out of nowhere.

Before answering her, Woohyun inhaled a great amount of oxygen first as he gathered some confidence to answer it. The calm face of the half decade figure invaded his retina. After her mother left him to heaven, Woohyun was thankful to have Hyunah as his mother figure.

“We are doing fine, mommy. Sunggyu is the best thing ever happen to me. Other than snoring, he is the best. He treat me like I was made from a piece glass, fragile.”

“Good to hear that. Say, when can I and daddy have a grandchild? Or you guys are planning?” Shoot! Woohyun face was a carbon copy of grilled lobster. Seeing him flustered, Hyunah could not help but to smirk at him. She clearly enjoying this.

“Mommy! We are still trying. Sunggyu also said the same thing. And we are not planning, both of us in late 20s, the ideal age to start a family.”

Hyunah reached out her hand to pat Woohyun’s reddening cheeks. “Arasso, go wake your husband and your daddy. Tell them lunch will be done in 15 minutes. Okay.”

 


 

Woohyun’s knuckles hit softly against the white wooden door of the master bedroom. He waited for a while until a voice urged him to come inside. Carefully, he turned the knob and pushed his body to enter the room and smile immediately to the figure resting on the king size bed.

“Yes, Woohyun.” Siwon closed the book he was reading just now and put it on the nightstand together with his reading specs. He shifted a bit to make some room for Woohyun to sit.

“Lunch is ready. Mommy asked me to get you.” Woohyun informed with a smile. His hand automatically went to massage his father-in-law right leg. After he felt, Siwon was not like before anymore. He now used stick to help him walking as his legs were not stronger like before.

“What are you making?”

“Not me, but mommy. I only helped a little. She made black pepper beef, vegetable soup, butter prawn fried. As for the desert, she prepared orange cake with warm honer barley.”

“I thought you are cooking. It has been a long since I eat your cooks.” Siwon shamelessly admitted. Woohyun only smiled and promised him to make something for him when he come again.

“Mommy restricted me. I, myself want to but she own the kitchen to herself. I can do nothing. She is the boss.” Woohyun chuckled made Siwon also laughed a bit.

“Mom! Daddy and Woo are talking behind your back!” Both Siwon and Woohyun drifted their gaze to the door and saw Sunggyu was leaning against the frame while hugging his torso. Not to mention his ugly smirk plastered on his handsome face.

“What are they saying?!”

“They said your cooking is moderate! Woohyun’s is the best!”

Woohyun rolled his eyes in annoyance and walked off the bed to get Siwon’s stick at the and of the bed. “Come daddy, ignore him.” Siwon let out a fatherly smile at the couple childish fight. He mouthed a thank to Woohyun and took the stick from his hand.

“Yeobo, you did not wake me.” Sunggyu held onto Woohyun’s wrist when he walked passed him at the door. A fake pout was added to his childish antic.

“Daddy is watching. How old are you again?” Scolded Woohyun lightly. He pulled Sunggyu together to walk with them or Sunggyu will keep whining behind.

“Sunggyu, I bet Woohyun is going to wake you after me but you are much faster. Am I right, Woohyun?”

Woohyun nodded at the statement which cause Sunggyu’s pout to get longer. He even stomped his foot childishly when his daddy backup his wife.

“You even got daddy to back up you. I’m going to mommy.”

Woohyun sent Sunggyu off with a light head shake. “Remind me again, how old he is.”

“Hahhaha! Poor you Woohyun.”

 


 

“I don’t care, Seolhyun! I want him!” Soyou yelled on top of her lungs to Seolhyun. She roughly gulped down a big shot of alcohol and left Seolhyun dumbfounded.

“But he clearly reject you. What can you do?”

Seolhyun averted her eyes to somewhere else after Soyou looked at her with a killing glare. The glare was so intimidating and full of unsaid hatred. Seolhyun did not know how to advicce her bestfriend again. She have been knowing her for a long time. Soyou was not like this before. After her boyfriend left her, Soyou changed drastically.

“If I can’t have him, nobody can have him either.”

 

 

 

What Soyou gonna do? She is obsessive type, isn't she.

Don't forget to subscribe and comment. Thanks you^^