Chapter 18

Seeking for Love

 

“Why are you doing that?!” Hyunah’s soul finally found its way back to her. By the time it happen, she was completely like a statue, unable to understand the situation. She could do nothing to stop Sunggyu from slapping Woohyun. She even failed to reach Woohyun when he took his leave. Everything was beyond her expectation. The gathering today supposed to clear the situation now turned it more worse than before.

 

Hyunah clenched her teeth when Siwon did not answer her.

 

“I’m asking you, Siwon! Why are you doing that?!!” She lost her respect to his husband.

 

“You heard everything. Your beloved son-in-low admitted his action.” With a calm face Siwon answered his wife.

 

Hyunah hate her husband. She knew Woohyun would never do that, must her husband forced him to do so. She knew Woohyun too well. Woohyun was not that type of person.

 


 

Once the car stopped, Sunggyu exit the car went to passenger side to open Woohyun’s door. He pulled Woohyun’s hand, ignoring his pleads and tears.

 

“You will be staying here.” Sunggyu said with cold tone, much colder than ice.

 

“Please don’t do this..”

 

“You are mine. I can do anything to you.”

 

“Why, hyung?” Woohyun asked. He stood infront of Sunggyu, looking into his fumed face.

 

“Don’t call me that!” Sunggyu barked. Though at first he want Woohyun to address him more romantically but after the confession he hated it. He hate the fact that he was lied by Woohyun.

 

“Then, send me back to my house, Mr. Kim.”

 

“As long as you are my wife, I forbid you to leave this house without my permission.”

 

“If you don’t trust me anymore, why are you still keep me? We can divorce.” Woohyun replied him with confidence. He inched more forward.

 

Sunggyu was taken back with the suggestion. Woohyun’s words were much stabbing than sword. He still not ready to let him go. He, himself could not understand why. Supposedly he should but something inside him forbid him to do that.

 

“There is no point living here as you are not trust me anymore.” Woohyun walked to the door.

 

“You are not going anywhere!!” Sunggyu snatched his hand and turned his body to face him. Both Sunggyu hands holding his shoulder tightly. From here, Woohyun can see clearly the dark aura in his husband eyes, the veins popping at his temple showing how hard Sunggyu held himself from unleashed the beast inside him.

 

Woohyun wriggled to free himself. “Let me go, Mr. Kim. I am not going to live with you!”

 

“One step out the door, I will rip off your clothes, forcing you to make love with me, ing right now, right here!”

 

Woohyun was stunned with Sunggyu threat. He dared himself to looked back into his husband dark eyes. “I will leave.”

 

“Don’t make me, Woohyun!” shouted Sunggyu.

 

He did not care now. He just want to leave the house. But of course Sunggyu will never allow that. He pulled back Woohyun body and dragged him upstairs to the guest room.

 

Sunggyu slammed the door hard made Woohyun flinched to it. Woohyun winced in pain as Sunggyu pushed him against the wall and pinned him there. “You are supposed to listen to your husband, Woohyun.” Sunggyu uttered that against Woohyun ear.

 

Sunggyu free Woohyun and threw him against the mattress and now hovering him , making the smaller male underneath him shivered in cold sweat.

 

“You just do not know what I am capable of, Woohyun-ah,” After he finished, Sunggyu left Woohyun alone still crying.

 

No more sweet Sunggyu now. Monster had possessed him leaving a cold Sunggyu. Woohyun cried his fate. Not enough with the insult and accused from Siwon, now Sunggyu hating him. Was this the end of his life?

 

 

 

Sunggyu ran his fingers harshly through his locks. He still remembered every words Woohyun said in the mansion.

 

“Yes I was after your wealth! I use L to accomplish my mission! L was innocent. I took him for granted! I framed him! I gave my body to him! I use ...”

 

Sunggyu stared blankly the ceiling. Those words kept replying itself in his mind like a cd player on automatic mode. He dashed towards Woohyun and slapped him hard, did not let Woohyun to continue his sentence. Enough with it, he regret. He regret how he believe Woohyun said he was .

 

“Arghh!!” Sunggyu threw his blanket to the floor, venting out all his anger and frustration.

 

“WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID, KIM SUNGGYU!!!!”

 


 

The morning after was still cold between both of them. Woohyun woke up early to prepare breakfast for them even though Sunggyu gave him cold shoulder. He wanted to ease the tension hopefully Sunggyu became more calm than yesterday. He decided to make fried rice and a cup of warm chocolate for Sunggyu before he got to work.

 

Woohyun lifted his face when he heard footsteps jogged down the stair. He put the best smile on his face before he proceed to greet Sunggyu.

 

“Good morning, Mr. Kim. I make you breakfast. Have a seat first,” Woohyun bowed politely still wearing the same smile from before.

 

Instead of answering Woohyun, Sunggyu chose to proceed his steps heading to the door without even spared him a glance. Woohyun can feel the dark aura around Sunggyu as the said guy still had his cold expression on him. No smile. No greeting like usual. Their morning were different now.

 

Woohyun shoved away the sadness slowly creeping his heart. For him, Sunggyu being unfair to him. His husband did not give him a chance to explain the real situation and his hastily action brought Woohyun to his mansion yesterday also proved enough that Sunggyu never thought of Woohyun before he decided something. He was dragged to this mansion without any clothes or any personal belongings, he only had his phone and wallet with him.

 

“After lunch, I’m taking you to your house. Pack all your thing because starting from today you will be staying here.” Sunggyu spoke in monotone laced with authoritative, demanding Woohyun to obey his command.

 

Woohyun replied him back with a silent nod after he witness the figure already left the mansion with complete office attire and holding a briefcase in his left hand. A long heavy sigh escape from Woohyun’s cherry lips as he looked back at the untouched breakfast he made especially for Sunggyu. That guy still with his ego.

 

 

 

Later at 2 pm Sunggyu came as he said to pick Woohyun from his mansion. Woohyun who still wearing the yesterday outfit enter the car. No words were exchange between them during the ride. Sunggyu focused his sight to the road refused to glance at Woohyun like usual he did if Woohyun sat beside him. Felt suffocated with the tension engulfing, Woohyun threw his view to the outside scenery to avoid from Sunggyu saw his tears rolling down his face.

 

“I give you 30 minutes sharp to pack everything. I wait here.” Sunggyu pulled the handbrake before he unlocked the door.

 

Woohyun straightly went to his room. Thankfully, Dongwoo was not home at this time or else he need to answer the continuous question from his friend an his whereabouts. The big luggage fully wrapped with a big clear plastic was pulled under the bed. Woohyun loaded the luggage with all his clothes and other important personal belongings. He did not bother to fold them neither to arrange them, the time was running. He afraid Sunggyu will get angry if he exceed 30 minutes.

 

Woohyun took one last view of his room. This house had so much memory of him since he moved back to Seoul from Daegu five year ago. In this house also he found his very first friend, Dongwoo, a bright and kind guy. Dongwoo also the first person who knew his past apart from his aunt. Woohyun swallowed back the emotion and pulled his luggage to the living room. He put a white paper to tell Dongwoo he left the house and a few cash for this month rent. I’m sorry, Dongwoo-ah. Woohyun washed his face to get rid the unwanted tears. After he confident with his looks, Woohyun stepped out from the house and headed back to the white Lamborghini parked infront the open gate.

 

 

 

Sunggyu turned the wheels again after Woohyun sat in the passenger seat. Again no conversation between them, not even the radio. A complete silence engulfed them.

 

"Why are doing this to me, Kim Sunggyu? Do you realize you are hurting me emotionally? You said you love me but why you are hurting me? You are suppose protect me. I see no difference between you and L."

 


 

Two months passed since Woohyun lived in Sunggyu’s mansion. Within the two months also, Sunggyu cold action did not decrease. He still ignored Woohyun existence not talking to him nor spare him a glace. They continue living like strangers under one roof. Woohyun still do his responsibilities as Sunggyu’s PA and wife. Every morning he will make Sunggyu breakfast even though he know Sunggyu will left straight to the office without touching them.

 

Sunggyu seems like to avoid Woohyun during the past two month living together. Purposely, Sunggyu went outstation avoiding him because usually Howon will fill the work instead of Sunggyu. But because of their cold war, Sunggyu took all the meeting and outstation as much as he can so that less time he will spend at home meaning less chances to see Woohyun.

 

Woohyun leaned against the balcony of his room, admiring the calm and the chill of the night. Sunggyu just returned home from his outstation at China 30 minute ago. Woohyun fixed him a dinner but only got a harsh answer from him. Remembering that, Woohyun feeling sad suddenly. His husband really hate him now. Woohyun also noticed Sunggyu had stop smiling after the incident.

 

He felt like he failed to be Sunggyu’s wife. He had no idea how to solve their problem. The longer he follow Sunggyu’s rhythm, the more problem arose. A faint sigh escaped from Woohyun as he was thinking ways to untangle the problem. As he tried to approach the said figure, Sunggyu will give him thousands reason to be away from him. So how he will has the chance to explain his words came from his mouth at the Kims’ mansion last time? He never meant it, those came from his unconscious state due to the anger of Siwon false accusation on him.

 

Woohyun corrected his bangs back after the breeze blew on him cause him to shiver a bit. The night cold was nothing to compared with Sunggyu coldness towards him. If the chill will disappear after the sun rise tomorrow but the coldness he had right now showed no end to Woohyun. The tears finally rolling down wetting his cheeks. He closed the sliding door when the breeze got more chiller. Woohyun laid on his back, pulled the comforter covered him until his chest and closed his teary eyes. Same like the night he had for this two months, tears became his accompany before he drifted into dreamland.

 

 

 

After freshen up, Sunggyu switched on the television and settle himself comfortably on the sofa across it. He stared blankly infront not giving attention to the show played as his mind was thinking about he and Woohyun. After two months Woohyun lived together with him, he can count how many times only they meet by chance. He purposely did that because he refused to meet him after the unforgettable incident yet. Anger still empowering him allowing his dark side to control his mind.

 

All Woohyun’s sweet gesture and kind treatment were left unnoticed by Sunggyu. Every morning Woohyun made him breakfast even rushing to prepare him dinner after a long tiring day at office. But because of the anger, Sunggyu did not even touch them not even a bit. Not that Sunggyu did not have the idea, but his ego stopped him from to do so. Before this happen, Sunggyu always dream of Woohyun to take care of him like other wife should be. Waking up in the morning with the most precious gems sleeping peacefully against his chest, then the back view of his wife preparing his meal in the morning and also after he home after office.

 

Sunggyu massaged his temple with his fingers as a familiar scene flashed before his eyes. One incident to be happen on the morning he went for recent business trip. Like usual, Woohyun woke up earlier than Sunggyu just to prepare him a breakfast even though he knew the aftermath. Sunggyu straight away heading to the door before Woohyun managed to stop him as he was just about to step out. He can still remember the expression he gave to Woohyun, full of annoyance and disgusted but that did not reason Woohyun to stop.

 

Flashback...

 

Woohyun fasten his pace as he saw Sunggyu was about to leave the house. Today he cooked a special menu for Sunggyu breakfast. He secretly hope that maybe Sunggyu will listen to him and sit for his breakfast even only just a spoon.

 

“Mr. Kim, have your breakfast first. I cooked a special menu for you.” Woohyun said in the most sweet and soothing voice but only got replied with Sunggyu’s stoic facial expression.

 

Without waiting more for Sunggyu reply, Woohyun pulled Sunggyu inside to their dining room. Woohyun breathed in relief when Sunggyu did not against him or yell at him like usual he did. This gave Woohyun a tiny hope in their relationship.

 

Sunggyu just stay still, not moving a muscle as he was watching him in fiery gaze. His eyes followed the every movement of Woohyun’s hand and stopped right in front of him when Woohyun placed his filled plate there. Sunggyu lifted up his hard face to meet Woohyun’s smiley one.

 

“What is this?” He asked Woohyun short. Woohyun immediately stopped smiling after that.

 

“Pasta Bolognese.”

 

“Where do you learn this  for my breakfast?” The deep voice of Sunggyu sent shiver to Woohyun’s spine.

 

“I..I jj..just..” Woohyun have not had finish his sentence as Sunggyu shoved away his plate from the table made Woohyun flinched in fear. His eyes fell sadly on the messy on the floor. He made it with a lot of love but Sunggyu did not appreciate it, not even a small thanks.

 

“I..I cca..can make a..a new brr..breakfast for you.” Woohyun shifted back his gaze to the smirking Sunggyu and hardly tried to not cry infront of Sunggyu because of his harsh treatment.

 

Woohyun backed a bit as Sunggyu leaned forward to him. His face just an inch away from him. Sunggyu clearly enjoyed this moment right now, where he can see the closed up of Woohyun’s broken face.

 

“I don’t need your ing care. Do you think I will cool down and accept you back like before after what so called the sweet treatment from you, hurmm?” Woohyun can feel the slender fingers of Sunggyu caressing his left cheekbone.

 

Sunggyu stopped a while to look a glance of Woohyun teary face. He can hear the sniffle escaped from his wife mouth although he was trying hard to suppressed them.

 

“Listen here, wifey, for me you are not far from being a . Throw yourself to a man for your self interest and get someone to be your black sheep to conceal your wrong doing, how selfish you are, huh?”

 

Sunggyu smirked in triumph after he witnessed the tears rolling down in process to wet the cheeks. He left the teary man and walked happily to the main door, wearing the very same smirk from before. Sunggyu just deafening his ears to the sound of muffled sobs from Woohyun. If before he was the one who craved smiling lips on Woohyun, and now everything was different. He was the one who responsible for every tears spilled from the beautiful orbs of  Woohyun.

 

----

 

Sunggyu did not know why, his heart was not synchronize with his act. He might enjoyed torturing Woohyun emotionally but there was something inside of him, really against him from doing so. Everytime he hurt Woohyun, that feeling will creeping up. He was confused with himself. Why he still felt like that after what Woohyun did to him. He supposed to hate him not sympathy at him.

 

“Arghh!  you!”