Chapter 17

Seeking for Love

 

“How are you my son?” A soft voice of middle aged woman greeted Sunggyu as soon as he accept the caller.

 

“I am fine, mommy. How about you?”

 

“Like usual. I am not young anymore, Gyu-ah. By the way how is Woohyun? Has he move in with you?”

 

“After 2 weeks. He still packing besides he his works quite piling.” Sunggyu explained to his mommy. After she knew Woohyun gonna live together with him, she never stop pestering Sunggyu about it.

 

“Oh I see. I miss him. When I can meet him?”

 

“Soon mommy. We are still working on our relationship now.”

 

“Can you bring him to the mansion this weekend?” Silence took over for a while. Not that Sunggyu did not want to bring Woohyun there, just he thought how his father will react about this. The reason Woohyun left the mansion before was his father so the chance of his father to confront his son-in-law was higher. The last thing he wanted to see is Woohyun crying. He promised himself before to keep Woohyun’s tears and only let them roll if it was happiness tears.

 

“Gyu?” Hyunah called out her son.

 

“I’m here mommy. Sorry I got drifted away.”

 

“So, can you, Gyu?” Hyunah still persuaded her son. She wanted to clear their relationship. She wanted to has a new start with Woohyun.

 

“I will talk to him later.”

 

“Okay. Thanks, honey.”

 

Sunggyu still thinking his mother request. Maybe it was the time for them to start over, forget the past. If that will improve their relationship, Sunggyu did not hesitate to bring over Woohyun this weekend. He sure Woohyun also missed his mother-in-law and excited to meet her. Maybe a try will does not harm, right?

 


 

After the incidence, L chose to absence from the office. He stayed at the previous hotel refused to be at home. For the pass days, L only stay inside, his mind still revolving around the incidence. His bruises he got from Sunggyu powerful punch almost recover but the pain in his abdomen when Sunggyu kicked him last time still lingering.

 

L hissed a bit as the pain strike when he want to sit down. For the first time in his life, he felt he was defeated by his elder twin. The kicks, the punchs, those harsh words came Sunggyu all meant nothing to him compared by the clear rejection from Woohyun. He felt weak infront of Sunggyu. Usually he will claimed back his lost but this time he chose to let Sunggyu have it. The almighty Kim Myungsoo lost to Kim Sunggyu.

 

 

“Woohyun, mommy invite us this weekend. She said she want to meet you.” Sunggyu tilted up his head to see his wife reaction upon the topic. Neither he shocked nor agreed, Woohyun still maintained his calm expression.

 

“It’s okay if you are not ready yet. I will explain to mommy.” Sunggyu cupped both Woohyun’s chubby cheeks. Slowly Woohyun lips formed a beautiful smile made Sunggyu smile along with the latter.

 

“I will go with you.”

 


 

Hyunah admired her orchids in her front yard. Her memory played back the time when the late Jihyun worked with her family. Every morning and evening, she and Jihyun spending their time taking care of the flowering plants while chatting leisurely. Sometimes she bring her son to the mansion if the boy was on his semester leave. The very first time, she met Woohyun, her heart already touched by his sweet and gracefulness.

 

However her thought was stopped as the sound of chair being pulled reached her eardrums. She glance to his right to see his husband sat.

 

“What do you want.”

 

“Too busy until you forget me, your responsibility.” Siwon glared at his wife words.

 

Hyunah took the lead as Siwon remained silence after her ‘attack’ just now. “Woohyun will stay together with Sunggyu.”

 

“So?” Siwon tried to maintain his composure although inside, he was fuming. This news will destroyed his plan to marry Sunggyu to Soyou, a daughter of his business friend.

 

“Just want to tell you moreover, I disagree with your plan to marry Sunggyu with Soyou. I want Sunggyu and Woohyun to get back together.”

 

“I don’t care and I don’t need your approval for that.” After he finished his last word, Siwon left his speechless wife.

 


 

Hyunah arranged the mouth watering dishes carefully on the table. When Sunggyu told her Woohyun agreed, she asked her maids to buy her ingredients for her to cook, welcoming back Woohyun into the family. She doubled her speed when the clock ding showing one hour before his son and son-in-low will soon arrive.

 

“Lee eommonim, can you pass me the cut watermelon in the chiller?”

 

“It was not here.”

 

“Could you please look again?”

 

 

Almost 50 minutes passed but still Sunggyu and Woohyun did not any sign of coming. She went to the living room to get her phone and dialed her son’s number.

 

“Hello, Sunggyu? Where are you?” The line was connected after the second ring.

 

“Ne, mommy. We’ll be there in a while. Just now got an accident.”

 

“Alright. Glad to know you guys are okay.”

 

 

Woohyun still standing in the yard battling with his inner whether to come or to wait for Sunggyu and his mother-in-law. They went to the nearby market to buy watermelon because Hyunah forgot to buy it before so, Sunggyu dropped he first and took his mother to the market.

 

Woohyun filled his lungs with oxygen before he exhaled and stepped his leg into the mansion. Woohyun was awkward being in the mansion after he left before. This mansion held many of  his story and also where his nightmare begun.

 

“Whose baby are you carry now?” Siwon sudden question made Woohyun rose from his seat facing the figure he wanted to avoid the most after L.

 

Woohyun stood infront the figure, bowed as he offered a handshake. Siwon remain unmoved totally not affected by Woohyun politeness. The hand offered he just ignored. Woohyun retracted back his hand. He did not taken aback with the cold treatment from Siwon, he totally expected this will came from him.

 

“Don’t you ever dream I will touch that filthy hand of yours. People like you only after my wealth.” Siwon spatted out. Woohyun almost felt to his legs after Siwon insult him.

 

“I’m sorry, sir. I never ask for this.” He knew Siwon hate him because he accused his son, L  him. Siwon never believe him not even once.

 

“Go to hell with your sorry!! You think time will return back with that?!”

 

“Sir, your wealth means nothing to me.”

 

Siwon smirked. He walked pass by Woohyun and stopped, turning back to Woohyun. “You use your body to frame my son. Then, you forced him to marry you so that later you can take my wealth, am I right ?”

 

Siwon words were to much for Woohyun. The burning feeling in his eyes warning his tears may fall any time. He came to this mansion hoping he can start the new life with both his in-laws. But, Siwon still with his cold attitude towards him.

 

“Sir, I know I am not luxury like you, but I never sell my body for that. I study hard to make sure I get great job opportunity.”

 

“ it! If so why you insist my son to marry you?”

 

“He was responsible for what he did.” Woohyun still maintain his composure. He held back his tears.

 

“Are you sure my son who did that?” Siwon smirked.

 

Woohyun could not believe what he heard. Of course he was very sure L who did that thing on him. No one ever touch him the way L did.

 

“I know better because I am the victim.” Woohyun raised his voice a bit, defending himself.

 

Do you think I’m going to believe a  like you? After being impregnated by other man, you framed my son.”

 

Woohyun took a deep breath before he confronted back. “If that you want, fine.” Tears rolling down his cheeks became witness for what he going to do next.

 

“Yes I was after your wealth! I use L to accomplish my mission! L was innocent. I framed him! I gave my body to him! I use ...” A pang touched his left cheek.

 

Woohyun tilted his head to see Sunggyu standing there with red face, fuming with anger. Woohyun touched the place where Sunggyu landed his palm. He did not know the pain he felt now from the slap or his heart. He thought that man will stand by his side, defend him from his father accusation. But he was wronged. Instead of defending him, Sunggyu fell into his father words, swallow everything without even asked him.

 

With one teary glance to Sunggyu, Woohyun headed to the door. No more reason for him to be there. Before Woohyun left, he saw Siwon’s victory smile.

 

Siwon happy with the scene happen. He did not have to think ways to get rid Woohyun. Now he can make Sunggyu marry Soyou without obstacle. Siwon confirmed now Sunggyu must hate Woohyun after he confessed.

 

L almost stumbled on his feet when he saw Woohyun heading to the door. Hyunah asked him to come over for a lunch yesterday. Considering he still haven’t meet her, L accept the offer. When he arrived he saw his father and Woohyun were in a strain situation. He hid himself from them to eavesdrop. L happy with what had just happen. He will get back Woohyun but in the same time, guilty happen to be in his heart after he listened to Woohyun confession.

 

 

Woohyun increased his pace from the residency. Now he want to erase all the bitter memory from there. Woohyun fished out his phone from the back pocket of his pants to dial his aunt number. He wanted to tell her everything, he sure the elder must ready to listen his.

 

He pressed the contact quickly but before he managed to put his phone against his ear, his hand was harshly snatched by someone causing him to yelp a bit. Sunggyu standing there with the same face he wore in the mansion before. Without any words uttered from Sunggyu, Woohyun was pulled to his car.

 

“Let me go!” Woohyun struggled to free his wrist from Sunggyu tight grip. But his wailing was left unnoticed by Sunggyu. He kept dragging Woohyun to his car.

 

Woohyun opened the door but it did not open. Sunggyu was much faster by put his door on autolock. Now he cannot run anywhere. He was trap there with dark and scary Sunggyu. The very same monster who beat up L.

 

“So, I am just your black sheep?” asked Sunggyu cynically.

 

Woohyun remained silence. His explanation meant nothing to the man. Can Sunggyu see how terrified himself everytime when L came near. Does he think Woohyun faked it?

 

“Drop me here.”

 

“Why? To continue your mission?’”

 

“Just let me!” Instead of listening to Woohyun, Sunggyu accelerated his speed more.

 

“Please, don’t treat me like this.” Woohyun said in soft voice laced with sadness.

 

“I am not buying your acting. Enough with before, this time I will make sure I am not going to fall for it twice.”

 

Woohyun’s tears came like waterfall. No more point for him because he already lost Sunggyu trust.

 

 

 

Hello!!!! Here is the chapter. Thanks God I have settled everything by this week. Sorry for the short chapter. Enjoy!! ^^