Chapter 12

Seeking for Love

“Hyung, lets have breakfast together?” Sungyeol asked Woohyun when came at the latter table.

 

“Still have 15 minutes before 10. You don’t have any work?” Woohyun glanced at the clock in the office.

 

“Nope. Come on hyung?” Sungyeol whined childishly made Woohyun chuckled at his cuteness. Woohyun liked befriend with Sungyeol because of his childish act. They were friend for 3 years now.

 

“Give a few minutes to finish this.” Woohyun continued back his typing.

 

“Hyung, how do you our boss?” Sungyeol question made Woohyun stopped focus and turned to face him.

 

“I mean, do you have any feeling to him? Almost the whole building have crush on him. Who not with the handsome face of him.” Sungyeol explained.

 

“No, I don’t.” Woohyun answered him shortly.

“Hyung, lets have breakfast together?” Sungyeol asked Woohyun when came at the latter table.

 

“Still have 15 minutes before 10. You don’t have any work?” Woohyun glanced at the clock in the office.

 

“Nope. Come on hyung?” Sungyeol whined childishly made Woohyun chuckled at his cuteness. Woohyun liked befriend with Sungyeol because of his childish act. They were friend for 3 years now.

 

“Give a few minutes to finish this.” Woohyun continued back his typing.

 

“Hyung, how do you our boss?” Sungyeol question made Woohyun stopped focus and turned to face him.

 

“I mean, do you have any feeling to him? Almost the whole building have crush on him. Who not with the handsome face of him.” Sungyeol explained.

 

“No, I don’t.” Woohyun answered him shortly.

 

“Come on hyung, I know you are not straight like me. Even me when looked at him I was mesmerized at his handsomeness, don’t you?” Sungyeol still not give up. He wanted to know.

 

“I admitted he is handsome BUT I’m not interested to have relationship with him by the way he has Soyou. So, why bother.”

 

“But I don’t like her. I prefer you more to be with Mr. Kim. You two look good together.” Sungyeol tried to fish Woohyun’s feeling. Woohyun gave his poker face to Sungyeol.

 

“Hyung, why don’t you try tackle him? Who know our boss will fall for you?

 

“Arasso Sungyeol-ah. I will try to tackle him.” Woohyun played along with him if not Sungyeol will keep bothering him until he satisfied with his answer. Sungyeol smiled mischievously.

 

“Tackle who?” Woohyun and Sungyeol was taken back when they heard Sunggyu’s voice.

 

“Urmm.. Woohyun hyung said he want to tackle you.” Woohyun’s eyes opened wide when he heard Sungyeol’s reason. He saw Sunggyu looked at him with a small smirk. His hand reached to pinch Sungyeol stomach for gave Sunggyu such excuse, Sungyeol grimaced in pain at the powerful pinch.

 

“Really, Woohyun?” Sunggyu locked their gaze.

 

“Sungyeol, come, you said you want to have breakfast.” Woohyun changed the topic to avoid their conversation getting longer.

 

Sunggyu faced Sungyeol, “I follow. My treat.”

 

“Great! Thanks boss!”

 

“Shall we?” Woohyun cursed Sungyeol silently. He can feel the elder eyes were fixed on him. He increased his paced to catch Sungyeol who walked ahead them.

 

 

They reached at Sunggyu’s car at the basement, suddenly Sungyeol’s phone rang. Sungyeol excuse himself to answer and Sunggyu took this time to tease Woohyun more.

 

“Tackle? Why bother, I am yours.”

 

“Don’t listen to Sungyeol. He just playing.”

 

“But I am your husband, Woohyun-ah” Sunggyu faked his hurt face. Woohyun rolled his eyes at his boss acting. You are !

 

Sungyeol came back with an apologetic smile. His fiancee just arrived at Seoul from America called him to meet.

 

“I am sorry.”

 

“Don’t be Sungyeol. It is important to have a time with your beloved.” Sunggyu purposely looked at Woohyun when he said that.

 

“Thanks a lot, boss. Take care you two.” Sungyeol bid them goodbye before he left to his car at other level.

 

“So where do you want to go?” Sunggyu asked Woohyun.

 

“Food court.” Woohyun took his leave before Sunggyu said anything.

 

“No need to rush. I want to cherish every second being with you.” Sunggyu said when they walked side by side.

 

 

Sunggyu took his seat in front of Woohyun. A waiter came to take their order. Silence back took over them after the waiter left to make their order. Woohyun choose to observe the peoples in side the food court rather than faced his boss. Sunggyu caressed Woohyun’s left cheek caused him to pulled his body back from the sudden contact.

 

“I like this. Breakfast together and it will be better if we can do many thing together.” Sunggyu took both of Woohyun hand into his.

 

“People will see, Mr. Kim.” Woohyun retracted his hands and placed them on his lap, he threw back his view to the crowd.

 

“Why you are always lost in thought when we are together, Woohyun-ah” Sunggyu asked him.

 

“I am not.”

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“I am.”

 

“You don’t.” Woohyun tired of his force.

 

The waiter arrived with their orders in the tray. The foods were placed in front of them.

 

“How is Soyou?” Woohyun changed their topic.

 

“She is fine. How about your aunt?” Sunggyu knew Jiyoon as she once came to their mansion to pick Woohyun and his mother after work.

 

“She is doing great. She has 3 kids already.”

 

“You don’t want a baby?” Woohyun almost chocked with his lemon tea. He could not figure out Sunggyu intention.

 

“Lets eat.” Woohyun excuse himself.

 

 

“Hey, Woohyun! Long time no see.” Their moment were disturbed with a sudden voice near their table. A young blond guy maybe in his middle 20’s wore an office attire took a place beside Woohyun.

 

“Oh, Kibum.” Sunggyu stared questioningly at the guy beside Woohyun. He seemed close with Woohyun.

 

“How are you?”

 

“I am fine. Meet my boss, Kim Sunggyu.” Woohyun introduced them properly.

 

“Sorry, I am Kim Kibum.” They shook hands.

 

“I am sorry. Need to go to the toilet.” Woohyun actually want to run from Kibum. He was really shocked when the guy greeted him just now.

 

“So, friend or boyfriend?” Sunggyu blurted out his question. He knew there must be something between them judging from Kibum’s eyes when he looked at Woohyun and shocked face of Woohyun tried to hide the secret.

 

“I was his boyfriend. We went to the same university but he disappeared without any words after our final and even didn’t show up for graduation.”

 

“Oh but why?”

 

“I don’t know. I tried to contact him but he changed his number also he moved from his old house. I really love him, we were promised to get married after graduation but he left.”

 

“I have my leave first, Mr. Kim. I have works to do.” Woohyun bowed to his boss and left the food court with mixed emotions. Both oh the guys stared at the back view of Woohyun after he left.

 

“Was he like this?”

 

“He was different. Woohyun before was a cheerful and happy go lucky guy.”

 

“Oh, Kibum, I also need to take my leave. I have a meeting in 45 minutes. Sorry and nice to meet you. By the way, this is my card maybe we can go hang out or discuss about business.” Sunggyu noticed his phone reminder for the meeting and excuse himself. They exchanged business card and left that crowded place.

 

 

Woohyun isolated himself in the office pantry. He stared blankly at wall in front him without emotions. Kibum was his boyfriend when they were in university. They were a happy couple and promised each other to marry but all that changed after the tragedy. Woohyun left to Daegu to his aunt house and lived there for couple years. He changed his phone number and deactivated all his social accounts to avoid anybody tract him.

 

From a active guy, Woohyun turned into quiet guy. His condition worsen after his mother death. He refused to see people and terrified of skin contact. Only his aunt, Jiyoon was allowed to touch him. Only after those healing years, Woohyun got back his spirit and went to Seoul to look for jobs.

 

When he thought can overcome his past, Kibum came back. Woohyun very sure Sunggyu will interrogate Kibum with many question and Kibum will gladly answer him. Woohyun also very sure Sunggyu can feel something special had took place between him and Kibum because he saw how Sunggyu looked at Kibum when he joined their breakfast. Woohyun let out a heavy sighed when he thought that. How will he going to answer Sunggyu if he asked for the truth? He didn’t know how to start and explained at him. He knew he was wronged because he hid the truth from his husband but he was scared of Sunggyu reaction? Will he be okay or angry?

 


 

Sunggyu still couldn’t forget the confession from Kibum about his past love story with Kibum this morning. He admitted he was jealous when he knew Woohyun once had a guy in his heart. He was afraid if Kibum still has feeling towards his wife because the way he looked at Woohyun told the different story. His eyes were longing and filled affection and undefined emotions. He was scared if one day Kibum decided to win back Woohyun heart and forced him let go of his wife.

 

“What are you thinking?” Hyunah sat at the edge of the bed.

 

“Mommy.” Sunggyu pulled his legs and went to his mom. He put his head in her lap and let her fingers massaged and played with his locks. He closed his eyes to feel the sensation of her touch, never failed to make him relax.

 

“What is bothering you, honey?” Hyunah placed a kissed on her son forehead causing Sunggyu to open his eyes and looked back at his mom.

 

He noticed his son really quiet when he entered the mansion. Usually he will looked for her and hugged her for a while before he went to his room to fresh up and later helped his mother to fix the table for dinner. During the dinner just now, Sunggyu will reply her with short answer and didn’t eat much. He finished his dinner early before straightly climbed to his room. Since that, Hyunah didn’t see him until she came to his son room.

 

“Nothing. Just office problems.” Sunggyu excused.

 

“Want to share?” Hyunah persuade him more. After 28 years old raising him, Hyunah knew Sunggyu must be hiding something from her.

 

“Or must be related with Woohyun?” Hyunah guessed when he looked Sunggyu still had his mouth sealed.

 

“I found him back.” whispered Sunggyu. Hyunah didn’t say anything and let Sunggyu to tell her.

 

“You still remember the merging of us with Mr. Lee Jinhyuk’s mall? Woohyun was working with his son, Lee Howon as his secretary. I met him during the meeting of the merging with both boards. After revamp the posts and positions, I discussed with Howon about Woohyun post. We agreed to put Woohyun under me and now he is my personal assistance.” Explained Sunggyu. It already time his mother should know.

 

“So, now you want him back?” Hyunah didn’t not hide her intention. She wanted to know his son decision.

 

“He is my wife, my responsibility..”Sunggyu said in low voice. He hoped his mom got the message.

 

“Then, win him back. You guys are still married.” Hyunah approved his son. As a mother she wants the best for her kids.

 

“If that easy, mom. We are near but too far to reach him. He is not that easy.”

 

“Do you love him? Have you try confess to him” Hyunah wanted to know his son heart.

 

“I don’t know, mommy and how can I do that when he keep put a distance from me?” Sunggyu sighed again. Hyunah could only gave him advice and support as she was an outsider. She want them to settle their problem on their own. Both of them were matured enough to make a decision. She only prays the best for his son.

 


 

The shopping mall operation had stopped one hour ago at 10 pm. All the shops were closed and everybody already went home but not for staffs of ParadiseLove Mall. That night cashiers, sales assistance, promoters, clerks, and supervisors from all departments of the mall were having a meeting at the top level of administration office. Usually, every twice a year, the mall will have stock check.

 

This night, they had their first stock check for the year led by Mr. Hwang Ohseok, the Senior Executive Officer from administrative department. Sunggyu leaned against the wall of the meeting with both hands in the pocket at a corner, listened to the details of the meeting delivered by Miss Min, the clerk from administrative department.

 

“Everyone clear with respective task?” The clerk scanned the faces in front of her, waiting if ther was someone not clear with her speech.

 

“I see all of you cleared. We can start now.” They start leaving the room gradually.

 

“Excuse me, Min-shi, me at which department?” Sunggyu asked the clerk when he noticed she didn’t say his name during the task division.

 

“Your name is not in the list. Isn’t you come only to supervise, Mr. Kim?”

 

“I told Mr. Hwang to include me. Must he forgot.”

 

“Alright, you may choose your own, Mr. Kim, I leave first.” Min bowed politely to Sunggyu and left the room.

 

Sunggyu went to find Woohyun. He choose to work at the baby and kids department as Woohyun was assigned there. From a far, Sunggyu saw Woohyun listened to Mr. Danny instruction before they started checking. He walked towards them and greeted Danny when he noticed Sunggyu walking to them. Woohyun rolled his eyes lazily when he saw Sunggyu stood beside him, giving them his infamous eyesmile.

 

“What are you doing here, Mr. Kim?” Danny bowed to him along with Woohyun.

 

“To help both of you, of course.” Sunggyu eyes went to look at Woohyun. The latter avoided his eyes contact and started working.

 

“Suit yourself, sir.”

 

Woohyun checked the serial number of the baby clothes on the rack and matched them to serial number on the paper his held. If correct, he will ticked at the box beside it. He then counted the numbers of the cotton clothes.

 

Woohyun had no problem doing this task as he already familiar when he still worked with Howon. Normally, Howon involved along with the stock check, but this time he could not because he was outstation.

 

Sunggyu condition could not be any better than Woohyun. If Woohyun smoothly doing his checking, while Sunggyu was totally the opposite of him. Everytime he heard Mr. Danny voice, he knew Sunggyu must be doing it wronged again. Woohyun laughed silently every time at that scene.

 

“Are you done?” Sunggyu approached Woohyun as he was checking the baby powder section.

 

“A bit more,” Woohyun answered without looking at him. Sunggyu followed everywhere Woohyun went liked a puppy.

 

“Need a hand?” Sunggyu volunteered himself.

 

“It’ okay. You can go first.” Woohyun drifted his focus back to the unfinished task. He wanted to finish it early so he can got home early.

 

Sunggyu action much faster than Woohyun mind. The papers in his hands were snatched by Sunggyu without he managed to stop the elder. 

 

“You read the number, I will check it on this paper.” Woohyun sighed at Sunggyu action. He didn’t object his action because he wanted to finish it early without bickering with his stubborn boss.

 

After 20 minutes, Woohyun done his works with the not so help from Sunggyu. Instead of helping Sunggyu, more like tried to engage a conversation with Woohyun and missed to check the said number.

 

“Mine was done. Do you still have a lot to do?” Woohyun passed Mr. Danny his sheets. He noticed the guy still checking the accessories section seriously.

 

“Couples minute more. You can go first, Woohyun-ah,” Mr. Daddy stood and took his sheets. Woohyun bowed to him and left with guilty Sunggyu trailing behind him. Mr. Danny needed to correct back all the messed he made from before. If not because of his clumsiness, Mr. Danny must have finished his work.

 

 

“Woohyun, follow me to my office. I left my neck tie.” They both stopped in tract. Woohyun whined at Sunggyu favor.

 

“Too late now, Mr. Kim. You can take it tomorrow.” Woohyun tried to coax Sunggyu.

 

“Cannot. I really love that one. My mommy bought it for me.” Sunggyu did some aegyo to melt Woohyun which instantly he got an agree.

 

“Alright but faster or we will get locked in there,” Woohyun threaten him.

 

They entered back and took the stairs because the elevator did not operation. Woohyun followed Sunggyu real close because the office was dark and Sunggyu did not bother to switch them on. Sunggyu switched on the light in his room to find his favorite neck tie.

 

“Maybe you can be more productive by help me finding it.” Sunggyu said when he saw Woohyun stood at the door, not moving an inch while he struggled to find alone.

 

Woohyun putted his bag on the sofa before he joined Sunggyu finding his stupid neck tie. Woohyun aimed the messy table to start his mission. He lift all the files and papers slowly one by one to avoid they mixed with the each other. Not even 5 minutes Woohyun found the neck tie, lying perfectly under a thick file.

 

“Here,” Woohyun stretched his hand to Sunggyu.

 

“Where do you find it?” Sunggyu took it from Woohyun and thanks him.

 

“If you look carefully with your eyes, you find it under your piles of file.” Woohyun mocked him but Sunggyu didn’t care because he got to see the cute pout hanging on his wife plump lips.

 

“Hurry or they will lock the door.” Woohyun brought Sunggyu back from his thought. Sunggyu nodded and led them to the exit.

 

 

Woohyun walked faster than Sunggyu to reach the main door as fast as he could. But unfortunately, the door was locked already with nobody left behind. Woohyun stomped his foot angrily. Because of that stupid neck tie, I was locked with that stupid boss! Woohyun blew his bang harshly. Sunggyu gulped his saliva when he saw Woohyun face. I never know he can turn mad. I thought he only know how to be cute.

 

“Who is the person holding the key?” Sunggyu asked carefully afraid if he pushed the wrong button of the younger.

 

“Mr. Ahn from men department if I not wrong.” Woohyun replied in monotone voice.

 

Sunggyu fished out his phone from his left pocket to check his log if he save Mr. Ahn number. Woohyun sighed when Sunggyu gave him an awkward smile. “You don’t have it, right?”

 

Woohyun took his phone but when he unlocked it, the screen remained black. Woohyun crouched on the floor, gave up on his life. Sunggyu carefully joined him and landed his hand softly on Woohyun shoulder, to give him comfort.

 

“I hate you.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“What are going to do now?” Woohyun asked in a soft voice almost like crying.

 

“We will sleep in my room.” Sunggyu pulled Woohyun and took his bag. They headed back to the room.

 

 

Sunggyu helped the lifeless Woohyun to sit on the sofa. He went to the pantry to take a water for Woohyun. Woohyun took the offered bottle in front of his face with a silent thanks.

 

“You sleep on the sofa.” Sunggyu’s voiced brought back Woohyun trance.

 

“How about you?”

 

“I take my chair.”

 

“But, it must be uncomfortable.” Sunggyu smiled at Woohyun thought. He still care for me.

 

“Or you want me to sleep on the sofa, together with you?” Sunggyu smirked when he spotted the red color decorating Woohyun’s cheeks. He really know way to kill the mood.

 

 

Sunggyu can’t sleep that night. He forced his eyelids to shut but he can’t. Sunggyu switch on the computer to continue his pending works that evening. He cleaned a bit the messy on his table before he start working.

 

His watched show already 15 minutes passed 3 am. Automatically his eyes felt heavy and his muscles also tensed at the constant working. Sunggyu shut down the computer and averted his eyes to the sleeping figure on the sofa. Sunggyu watched how Woohyun chest pumped slowly every time he breath, his plump lips slightly opened breathing the same air as his. Without he noticed, he already stood in front of Woohyun.

 

For a moment Sunggyu lost in the beauty of Woohyun. His eyes scanned the curve of the body and stopped at the slightly exposed skin as the fabric were pulled up a bit. His milky skin drove Sunggyu adrenaline crazily. His eyes traveled higher to his chest calmly pumping within his breath. Something inside his body had woke and urged him to kiss the pair of red lip. His eyes lingered longer at the pair and stopped at there. Sunggyu was fighting with his inner to kiss those plump lips. It was too tempting for him. His body burn with desire to have this body under him.

 

Sunggyu finally pressed softly his lips against the younger one. Soft. Sweet. He let himself in that position for a while before he pulled back, caressed his thumb against it. He held his breath when Woohyun suddenly moved a bit exposing his skin even more.

 

He almost trailed his finger along the smooth skin but his conscious mind forbid him to do so. Instead, he took his coat and covered his petite body with it. He left to toilet to cool down his heat. He washed his face many times tried to forget the image of sleeping Woohyun. Sunggyu sat in his chair and finally closed his eyes to sleep.