Chapter 13

Seeking for Love

Woohyun didn’t noticed Howon stood behind him when he was busy stapling the papers. A light tapped at his shoulder jolted him. “Oh, Mr. Lee. Just arrived?”

 

“Yes. I miss you. That is why I am here.” Howon leaned against the wall, watching Woohyun doing his work. He couln’t bring his eyes away from him. He really missed him when he went for outstation last week.

 

“Why are you looking for me?” Woohyun couldn’t hide his curiosity.

 

“I want to ask if you want to join me for lunch?”

 

“I’m sorry. I can’t.”

 

“This is important. I need to discuss something with you.”

 

“Alright. I will to inform Mr. Kim first,” Woohyun proceeded with his works and left Howon there.

 

 

“Sunggyu will turn 29 in a week. So, the purpose I invite you for a lunch is to discuss the details. How about if we do him a surprise party?”

 

“Woohyun?” Howon called out Woohyun when he noticed the latter seems lost. So, April 28th was his birthday. I need to remember this date forever.

 

‘So how?” Howon repeated back his question.

 

“I don’t know, Howon-shi. I never done something like this before.” Wooyhun told Howon the truth.

 

“Woohyun-ah, can you figure out any places?”

 

“You think?” Woohyun answered Howon’s question with his question. Howon chuckled listened to his answer.

 

“I asked you first.”

 

“I really have no idea, Howon-shi. I told you I never done like this, so I am zero. Isn’t this supposed handle by personal department? I’m sure they will have a lot of idea.”

 

“I’m sure you know Sunngyu position, right?” Woohyun already gave up to the idea. He rested his body back against the chair, heaved a sigh.

 

“It’s okay. I got this but I want you to help me, okay?” Woohyun nodded and opened his planner to jot down everything he needed for the party. Howon started explain to him the details of the party.

 

“It’s that all?” Woohyun rechecked his planner to make sure he didn’t left any information.

 

“Also you need to find a present for him but make sure he doesn’t know about this.” Woohyun gave him a reassuring smile.

 

“And also one more thing, Soyou must be invited.” Heard that name enough to kill Woohyun’s spirit. Woohyun lazily wrote down the name.

 

“I guess we are done.”

 

 

Howon and Woohyun walked together side by side to the parking lot. Actually it was Howon insisted to walk together with Woohyun and Woohyun agreed because he found there was no point refused to him which at the end Howon will decided by his own. Suddenly, Howon stopped right in front of Woohyun made Woohyun almost hit him. Howon held both of Woohyun’s hand, looked deeply into the slightly shorter man in front him.

 

“What are you doing?” Woohyun tried to pull back his hand. His eyes scanned the surrounding to look any familiar faces nearby. He afraid if the staff or any people know both of them will spread the untruth story.

 

“I really love you, Woohyun. Can’t you see it in my eyes.” Howon moved a step closer, decreased the gap between them. His eyes never leave Woohyun. He wanted Woohyun to look into his and accept him.

 

“I’m sorry. I can’t.”

 

“Please give me a chance. I promise I will love you forever.” Woohyun pulled his head back a bit when Howon inclined his face to him.

 

“I can’t.” Woohyun managed to pull back his hands. He saw the sadness in Howon’s eyes and his disappointed face but Woohyun can’t do nothing. He was aware with his status as Sunggyu’s wife. Howon has everything, money, face, fame, he deserved any better person than him to be his life partner. Someone who can make Howon forget his love to Woohyun. Howon headed to the driver seat after Woohyun entered the car. No conversation just the sound of radio.

 

 

Sunggyu watched the duo from the far in a very sad eyes. He went for lunch and ready to enter his car when he saw his wife and Howon walked together from a restaurant. He tried to not make any negative assumption to them but not until Howon decided to hold his wife’s hands. Even though he can’t hear the details of Howon’s words, he was sure his friend confessed to his wife judging from the shock and discomfort look from Woohyun.

 

Sunggyu shifted his gaze to the small red heart shape box in his hand, immediately many emotions came flooding his heart. Sad, anger, jealous, betrayed, everything were there. He threw the box beside the driver seat after he got into his car. He still cannot forget the scene. He reached his left chest to feel the suffocating feeling engulfed him.

 

Before this he still hoped there was still chance to get back together with Woohyun, whom he married in past without love between them. Yes, he was never willing to marry him but that was before, he was young still not mature. Now he already 28 years old, capable enough to make his own decision and to lead the company. His marriage was his responsibility. He cannot run from it.

 

After he saw the scene just now, he started to doubt his own feeling. Maybe Howon will be the right person to love and protect Woohyun. Maybe he and Woohyun were fated until here.

 

Sunggyu started his car. He didn’t know how to settle this. His ego hurt after he saw his wife doing but Sunggyu knew he should not straightly accused him. He cooled himself first, then he will ask Woohyun when the right time came. There were many unsettle things between him and Woohyun.

 

 

“I’m sorry?” Sunggyu raised his eyebrow listened to Woohyun explanation just now.

 

“The company is doing a survey to all staffs regarding their preference for birthday present.” Woohyun explained. He obviously avoiding Sunggyu stares to make sure he was not going to spoil the plan.

 

Sunggyu still looked at Woohyun like his head grew a thorn. After working for almost five years with the company, never any survey was conducted. Moreover, a survey about a present preferred by the staff. Weird. Very weird.

 

“Are you busy, right now, Mr. Kim? If you are, I will come back after you are done with your works.” Woohyun said when he noticed Sunggyu looked like lost. He didn’t want to disturb his boss works.

 

“Why?” Sunggyu asked after he recovered from the previous shocked but still he was not over the survey thing. Something fishy.

 

“The new policy.” answered Woohyun shortly.

 

“If that so, I will return back the survey next week. I need to settle this first.” Sunggyu wanted to looked for Woohyun reaction.

 

“No you can’t. It need to be fill by tomorrow.” Woohyun widen his eyes, waving his hands saying no to Sunggyu’s excuse. Just a simple survey. Why need a week to fill?

 

“Then come with me for dinner tonight. I give you on the spot my answer.” Sunggyu winked at Woohyun. His jaws almost touched the floor if he didn’t has a self composed. Woohyun felt all his blood rushed to his cheeks and heated them. Woohyun lowered his head and agreed to his boss in a very slow voice almost when unnoticed by Sunggyu.

 

 

The dim light accompany with the sweet melody of violin and piano promoted the romantic feeling in the exclusive restaurant. Woohyun felt a sudden uncomfortable after he breathed in the romantic scent while facing Sunggyu. The said guy didn’t even blinked his eyes since they sit there, continuously observing Woohyun. He didn’t thought Sunggyu would bring him to this exclusive restaurant instead of the usual restaurant they went. Luckily, he wore a suitable cloth for the night.

 

“So, how about my answer?” Woohyun ran his eyes from gaping at Sunggyu. He looked extra dashing tonight with two top button undone teasing his eyes for a glimpse of his milky built chest. Sunggyu placed his cutlery back in his plate and wiped his mouth with the napkin before he answered Woohyun.

 

“Are you hiding something from me Woohyun? Because it is very unusual for you to agree going out with me tonight. Usually I need to use my authority against you but not for tonight.” Instead of answering him, Sunggyu questioned back Woohyun. The y foxy eyes demanded an answer from Woohyun made him felt something fluttering in his stomach.

 

“Nothing. Like I said this afternoon, the new policy.” Woohyun succeed uttering the sentence without stuttered in between.

 

Sunggyu had a thought for a while to think what should he answered Woohyun.

 

“If a birthday present...I want...” Sunggyu intentionally do that. He want to tease Woohyun.

 

Woohyun folded both his arms rested on the table eagerly waiting for Sunggyu answer despite his teasing. Sunggyu rested his back against the chair with the same teasing before. He clearly enjoyed the sparkling eyes watching him for the answer.

 

“I want a Crocodile boxer.” Sunggyu said with a smile.

 

Woohyun couldn’t hold his laugh. Imagined Sunggyu received a boxer in front of the staffs, so funny. Woohyun bent down clutching his stomach to suppress his laughter. His tears already flooded his beautiful eyes.

 

Sunggyu was fascinated with Woohyun action. This was the first time he saw Woohyun laugh. His eyes became disappeared when he laughed. The cute dimple at his cheek showing along with the white teeth perfectly arranged, not to forget his canine of his bottom teeth can be seen clearly. His milky white face turned red because of the unstop laugh made his looked more beautiful urged Sunggyu to kiss him all over his face. His laughter was more beautiful and sweet than the melody of the violin. Sunggyu smiled unconditionally along with the laughter.

 

Woohyun sealed his mouth with his palm when he realized his boss eyes were on him, smiling to him. The undefined smile crave on Sunggyu’s lips caused Woohyun to squirm in his seat, uncomfortable with the gaze.

 

“Done?” Sunggyu asked in a serious voice. Woohyun remained still in his seat neither nodding nor shaking his head.

 

“I will take you to my home if I listen you laugh again, understand?” Woohyun nodded. He refused to look back at Sunggyu still wearing his serious expression.

 

“Was my answer too funny?” Woohyun shook his head vigorously until he felt dizzy. He afraid if Sunggyu threaten his again or the second time. To be honest Woohyun really scared of Sunggyu right now. He looked like a murder.

 

 

L gulped down his third bottle of soju. He was resting in the balcony of his hotel room. His mind was filled by Woohyun. His face, his smile, his body, his smell, his everything made L became uneasy. Since their first meeting after the incident, L couldn’t forget him, instead the spirit of making Woohyun as his getting high. He regret didn’t take Woohyun before and let his twin cover up him.

 

His memory took him back at the very first he met Woohyun. He vividly remember Woohyun’s genuine smile when he joke around his mother. He was an adorable human being. The cute pout hanging on his lips if his mother teased him. From his balcony, he watched Woohyun worked in silence. Every time he bent to lift the vase, his  can be seen clearly by L. Those milky skin screamed to be marked by L. From that moment L determined to have Woohyun by himself. He wanted a piece of Woohyun.

 

Because of his lust, he finally got what he want. He  Woohyun when the poor boy came out from the bathroom after he finished shower. He took him mercilessly in that small room of his during everybody absence in the mansion. He ignored all the begged and tears from him as long as he got what he want. After he finished, he left Woohyun alone in pain in that room.

 

Later, when Woohyun’s mother came to confront, he ran to oversea refused to take the responsibility for the baby living inside Woohyun. At that moment he just want to have fun, he didn’t ready to be a father. He supposed to enjoy his free life. And because of that Woohyun became his twin’s wife. His elder twin became their family black sheep.

 

But that was not the main problem right now. L did not give a  on what happen to his brother. He just want Woohyun back. He wanted to claim back what was supposed to his before. L reached his phone on the table under the messy bottle and trash to call his daddy.

 

“Daddy, I want to speak with you.”

 

“Can we talk tomorrow.” L heard his father replied him in a hoarse voice considering the the time, his father must awaken from his slumber.

 

“No daddy. This is important.” L insisted.

 

“Now tell me faster.”

 

“I want a post in the company.”

”What?! Are you serious?”

 

“I am daddy. I want to work.”

 

“Alright. We will talk about this tomorrow.” L hang up the line. He smirked as his idea played in his mind. This is my first step, Woohyun-ah. I will make you mine.

 


 

“You want his post?!” Siwon’s eyes widen at his son’s words.

 

“You heard me.” L replied him leisurely. Yes, after his encounter with Woohyun, he want his brother post so he can be together with Woohyun.

 

“I disagree. Sunggyu done an excellent jobs leading the company. I will not allow you to replace him. You are not capable enough.” This time Siwon did not stand for L. Even though he loved L but he cannot denied the excellent works from Sunggyu maintaining the company. He will never let his younger son ruined his legacy.

 

“Then do something. I want a post in ParadiseLove Mall.”

 

“I will try BUT not your brother post, okay.”

 

L smirked in triumph. He didn’t care about the post as long as he can be together with Woohyun. He was sure his daddy will granted his wish.

 

 

 

Again I deeply apologized for my poor English. Thank you for your support^^

Comment and subscribe are welcome^^