Chapter 40

Seeking for Love

First of all, sorry making you guys waiting for this chapter. My semester was giving me roller coaster with assignments, group works, field works and many more. Thank you so much to whom are still waiting for this nonsense story. I love you!!

 


 

“Do you know who is the culprit?” Siwon had his both hands on his hip. His eyes fixed on Sunggyu who was having his face in his palms, asking his answer.

“I don’t know, dad. Everything happen so fast.” Sunggyu leaned back his body on the sofa. Hyunah gave him a sympathetic smile and squeezed her son shoulder to ease the arising tension.

When Sunggyu informed his parent about the incident happen on Woohyun, Siwon and Hyuna were dead worry. They wanted to pay a visit but Sunggyu said it’s okay since Woohyun will be dismissed after he woke up.

Not only his parent, Myungsoo also shocked when he knew the news. He almost ran to the scene but quickly being held by Byunghun and Hyuna. Don’t get him wrong. The reason why Myungsoo acted that way was because there was someone tried to hurt his family. Yes you heard it right. Myungsoo loves towards Woohyun now as his brother-in-law nothing more than that. So that was why he mad when he heard the shocking news.

---

 

“Hyung, you should report this to police. Woohyun hyung might be in danger. We never know what that person capable to do after this.”

Siwon, Hyuna and Byunghun instantly agree with Myungsoo. The incident was not a mere accident. There must be something plan. Myungsoo was right. Woohyun might be in danger.

“I agree with Myungsoo, Gyu. Report this. At least Woohyun will be put under their supervision.”

“Later mom. Let’s wait until Woohyun get healthy again. For this moment please, don’t force me to take any action. I can’t think right.” Sunggyu excused himself to his shared room with Woohyun. All eyes watched his slumped shoulders with pity eyes.

“Poor my son. When will they achieve their happiness?”

 

---

Sunggyu closed the door behind him as quiet as possible not wanting to wake the sleeping in the room. A long heavy sigh finally escaped from Sunggyu’s lips when is eyes captured the lying figure. Woohyun was in his last trimester pregnant with their baby. Soon after, their baby will be born but why bad thing always happen to them? Sunggyu mentally blamed himself after all the bad things happen on them which at the end only left with Woohyun being hurt.

Sunggyu pushed gently some hairs that covering his wife forehead. His face was too peaceful. He was like a baby sleeping after being fed for his evening milk. But for Sunggyu, to see Woohyun sleeping like this was a disaster. He hated the fact Woohyun was fall asleep under drug effect rather than he was the one who lulled him to sleep.

“I’m sorry honey. I’m sorry for putting both my precious life in danger.” Sunggyu whispered to still sleeping Woohyun. His hand absentmindedly rubbed the prominent bump where his baby was growing.

Sunggyu smile went wider until the point it almost reached his ears when his hand felt some flutter movements. Maybe his child knew that the father was sad right now so, the baby wanted to bring a smile to him.

Sunggyu bent down to be at the same level with the bump. “Hey sweetie, how are you feeling? Are you hurt?”

The father and baby moment continue for another minutes until they were disturbed by a small whimper from Woohyun. At almost instantly Sunggyu shot straight his body and leaned closer to his wife.

“Hey, you are awake. Do you need anything?” Sunggyu helped Woohyun to sit. He propped a pillow behind Woohyun back to help the pregnant man lessen the discomfort he had.

“Can you please pass me a glass of water?”

The room filled with silence only left the sound of Woohyun gulping down the water.

“Thanks hubby.” Woohyun passed the empty glass to Sunggyu. He quickly rested his head on Sunggyu shoulder after the man return to his side when he done put back the glass on the nightstand.

Without wasting any chance, Sunggyu made their body comfortable to cuddle. He rested his free hand on the bump while the other hand was holding Woohyun tight to him as he was afraid to lost him.

“I must make you worry, am I right?” Woohyun cracked the silence between them. His finger was drawing some random pattern of Sunggyu broad chest while enjoying their moment.

“More than you could imagine dear. My heart almost stop the moment you went limp in my arms.”

“When you awake at the hospital earlier, I finally can breath again.”

Woohyun swore his eyes almost spilled its tears when their eyes met and he saw his husband eyes reflected with worry, guilt and fear. Those crystal which always looked at him in the most intimate and loving gaze now filled with unwanted feelings.

“It’s okay. I’m fine. We are both fine.”

“Woo, we should make report about this. Who knows the culprit might do something worse to you again.”

Woohyun stopped running his fingers along Sunggyu shoulder. He looked like he was thinking of something. True, he almost lost his life if Sunggyu was not quick enough to pull him but Woohyun thought that report was unnecessary. It was just an accident.

“It was just an accident. Maybe the driver drunk. Nobody is brave enough to make a scene at place with a lot of public, right?”

“Really dear? After almost being hit you are still take this positively?” Sunggyu voice raised a bit but Woohyun did not flinch. He knew his husband would react this way.

“Like I stated before, this is just an accident. No need to make this thing bigger.”

“I am not agree with you, dear. My gut told me different. I don’t think this was just an accident.”

Woohyun pinched his nose bridge to calm himself. He brought back his eyes on Sunggyu figure at the end of their bed, standing with both hand on his hips. His husband chest rose and fall fast clearly showed he was angry. No he was mad.

“Hubby, are we going to fight?” Woohyun asked slowly while brought his hand forward to palm his stomach.

Sunggyu sighed. Fighting was the last thing in Sunggyu list. He learned his mistake. He cannot afford to loss Woohyun again like before if he choose to fight. And he knew fighting was not the solution and also could harm the baby.

“I’m sorry dear. But I just want you to know that I care a lot about you. You and our baby are my first priority.”

“I know but please, no need to make a police report. Please, hubby?” Woohyun removed the comforter from his body and walked to Sunggyu. He wrapped his arms around Sunggyu middle body and rested his forehead on Sunggyu’s back.

Sunggyu turned around without breaking the hug. “But dear, what if---”

“Please?” And now Sunggyu knew he was defeated. Woohyun used his ultimate charm to break down Sunggyu decision, his puppy eyes.

“Alright, I let this slip but you are not going anywhere without any of us. And if you feel something unusual, please tell me or mom or dad or Myungsoo. No secret. Promise?”

“Promise.”

 

---

“!” Along with that, a very loud bang could be heard across the room as the unknown figure threw all the things on the dining table. Chest moved unevenly due to the irregular breathing and maximum anger boiled in the heart.

Not after two minutes, that person sprinted left the messy dining to a small room by the kitchen. The door being harshly opened and revealed a room filled with Woohyun photo. Just name it, the room definitely has various Woohyun expression. From his smiling face until his teary all it has. All those photo shared a similarity apart from the different expression, they have been taken without the owner of the body noticed.

“Why Woohyun! Why!” A loud wail echoed in the small room. At a corner, there was a man hugging his knee and buried his head in between them while sobbing his heart out. His wailed was telling a very sad story of his life.

That person then lifted his head from his knee and locked his gaze at a picture of Woohyun who was smiling brightly while leaning his head onto Sunggyu broad shoulder. His hands could help but to clench harder on the hem of his shirt as his eyes caught an arm lovingly wrapped around the small waist of Woohyun. How he wished that he was the reason behind Woohyun bright smile.

“Why Woohyun!” The man caressed Woohyun’s photo gently. “I thought we had promise to get marry. But what is this, Hyunnie?!”

“Where is your promise, Hyun!” His breathe became irregular due to the rising anger inside him. His nose flared with anger, thus his body shaking violently.

“Nam Woohyun is only for Kim Kibum. If I cannot have him, then nobody can.”

“I swear that.”

 

---

Today weather was nice and windy for any outdoor activity. Many people in the neighbourhood were taking their evening walk with their dearest person or walking their pet. From the balcony, Woohyun had his eyes to the walking people. Silently he smiled while watching others bliss and happiness.

“When will me and Sunggyu can be like them? Walking hand-in-hand while smiling brightly holding our kids hand.” Inner monologue of Woohyun has started. His sorrowful eyes held too much pain for these past years. Luck still has not by his side yet.

Memory brought back Woohyun to flash back his painful past. Before he could able to stand proud here in this mention, he had gone numerous misfortunes in his life. When people around his age were struggling to finish their degree in university, Woohyun was struggling to stand on his own feet after someone had took away his ity.

After that fateful incidence, Woohyun felt like sky had fall onto him. He lost his mother trust which at the end his mother finally died after she fell sick. That was only the starter of Woohyun life. Supposed the took his responsibility by marrying Woohyun, but fate sure had its own way. The twin was force to agree to marry him without both agreement.

Marrying Sunggyu was another turning point in Woohyun life. His husband in their early marriage day, refused to accept the fact that they were married. But that was only the foreword for what happen next.

Just about Sunggyu wanted to fix their relationship, Woohyun was chased out from the house and left him with unclear status for five year. For five year, Woohyun lived in uncertainty about his marital status and unintentionally was restricted from having any romantic relationship.

Slowly tears escaped from Woohyun crystal brown orbs. But Woohyun himself was aware that the tears were of happiness not sorrowful. Woohyun felt really contented to a point where he could feel his heart could burst from happiness.

Although God still testing them, but Woohyun believed in their love. He believed their strength would overcome any hardship in future. Soon, their little family will be completed after Woohyun give birth to their first born. Deep in Woohyun heart, he really hope that after the baby was born, they could finally tasted the bliss in life. He did not want to raise his baby under those circumstance, he want his baby to live and grow in a healthy environment where the community loves each other.

The rolling tears quickly had been wipe off by Woohyun. Sunggyu might come any sooner. He did not want Sunggyu saw him cried just now. Enough with the case this noon, he did not want to put Sunggyu under more pressure. About the incident, Woohyun hope the person who plan to hurt him will regret and leave his family alone.

“Woo,” Suddenly, a low voice greeted Woohyun. At first, Woohyun was perplexed but soon after he relaxed as his nostril caught the familiar scent of his beloved husband. Woohyun automatically leaned his body to the warmth and let his husband left a chaste kiss on his neck as his hand wrapped around his torso.

“What are you doing here? You need to rest, Woo.”

Woohyun did not answer his husband question, instead he turned his body facing Sunggyu and rested his arms on his husband neck. He locked his eyes with his husband slanted one and took his time to admire the overflowing love reflected from Sunggyu’s eyes. His thumb gently the exposed nape and slowly closed his eyes before dived to meet Sunggyu’s soft lips.

The kiss was innocent. No tongue battle or each other, it was a pure kiss to express the feeling of lovers. Sunggyu tilted his head a bit to get an even better angle of his wife cherry lips. That luscious pair always succeed in pulling Sunggyu to kiss them and never failed to make Sunggyu addicted. Not only his lips, but the whole package of Woohyun was Sunggyu addictive drug.

“Where have you been? You was not here when I awake.” Woohyun partially whispered as he comfortably rested his head on his husband firm chest.

Sunggyu ran his fingers softly on Woohyun’s silky locks. He kissed the top before he answered Woohyun question. “I help mommy making dinner. Then, I and Myungsoo discussed about the company. I suggested him to ask Byunghun to be his secretary.”

“Same like us before. I still remember when I was your secretary. To be honest, being a secretary needs a lot of patience and tolerance. And I am impressed with myself because I can handle a very strict and perfectionist CEO of Paradise Berhad.” Woohyun lifted his head to see his husband reaction after he indirectly and soon regretted when his nose was pinched by Sunggyu as a punishment.

A long pout now already formed by Woohyun’s lips. His mouth mumbled incoherently while rubbing his bridge to ease the pain. “It was hurt you know. Lucky my nose in not detachable, or else it might has fall.”

“Who ask you to tease your husband. You should get a punishment for teasing him.”

“I am just saying the truth. Go and ask your staff, how scary you are when working. Your small eyes already intimidating and become more intimidating when you are in your so called working mode. Also, you are stubborn.”

“Hey! I am not that scary. It just my eyes make me look scary. I am sure if they are slightly bigger, my face is more friendly. And, I am not stubborn, my dear.”

“Phftt.” Woohyun held back his laugh. “Say the one who insisted to come to office when he was clearly having a high fever and flu.” Woohyun smiled mischievously when he saw Sunggyu red face. Taking a safety measure, Woohyun took several steps backward before he continue again.

“And he fainted in his room after one hour he arrived.” Right after he finished his sentence, Woohyun sprinted into their room leaving a fuming Sunggyu outside.

Woohyun let out a high pitch squeal when his body was caught by Sunggyu. Another squeal slipped from Woohyun mouth when his body was lifted from the ground and being dropped onto their shared bed slowly.

“Hhahahahaha! Sunggyu stop please! It’s tickle!” Woohyun’s hands were busy trying to stop Sunggyu naughty hands from tickling his sensitive body. His eyes already became teary due to the hard laugh.

“Say that again, I will tickle you one hour straight.” Warned Sunggyu playfully. Thank God Sunggyu still remembered that his wife was heavily pregnant with their baby or he will not stop. He stopped his hands and helped Woohyun to straighten his clothe. His hand reached Woohyun eyes and wiped the tears on his corners.

Thanks to Sunggyu tickling party, now their baby had fully awake. Woohyun gritted his teeth when he felt a quite strong kick on his lower stomach near his bladder. He palmed his hand on the area and rubbed to sooth the pain. Sunggyu who was watching it, quickly helped Woohyun to sooth the pain.

The baby decided to give Woohyun hard time as he/she now moving in all direction inside the womb. “Honey, calm down please. I know you are angry at your papa because he has disturbed your dream. But, please, your are hurting me, honey.” Woohyun coaxed his unborn baby when he/she still moving restlessly.

“Honey, listen to your mama. I’m sorry for disturbing you but please calm down. Poor your mama.” Sunggyu tried to coax after Woohyun fail but seems that their baby refused to listen. The pain clearly drawn on Woohyun face which totally made Sunggyu feeling guilty.

“I’m sorry, Woo.” Sunggyu softly whispered to Woohyun right ears while his hand still rubbing Woohyun bump to calm their baby. Woohyun just gave him a weak smile, silently said his husband did nothing wrong.

After a couple of kisses and continous beg from the both parents, finally their baby decided to call it a day. Sunggyu can no longer see Woohyun bump squirmed or found his baby feet on any side of the round stomach. Both of them sighed in relief but still continue to caress the bump.

“Thank you honey for being nice to mama. I love you, stay healthy dear.” Sunggyu rose from his side and bent down to the bump level to whisper his thanks to his baby. After he finished, he dropped a long kiss on the top of the bump before he returned back by Woohyun side.

As soon as Sunggyu retrieved back to his side, Woohyun kissed his husband jawline to get rid the guilty face on Sunggyu. He grabbed to Sunggyu hand and turned to his side with much difficulty as he did not want to make too much movement or else his baby will awake again.

“Hey, what with that face? You look ugly. Where is my handsome husband again?”

Sunggyu did not reply but Woohyun remained a smile until he saw some crystal liquid rolling down his husband cheeks. He almost panic when he saw Sunggyu was crying.

“Gyu, why are you crying? I am fine so is the baby.” Woohyun sat abruptly facing his husband and cupped the handsome face in between his hand. When woohyun the tears keep flowing, he lightly bit his lower lip as he did not has any idea to stop Sunggyu from crying.

Sunggyu held both of Woohyun hand and kissed the heel of his palms. He took a while to study his wife beautiful face and traced his finger on Woohyun’s chubby cheek. During his pregnancy, Woohyun looked more glowing and attractive which made Sunggyu head over heels for his wife. He loved how Woohyun body changes when he was carrying his baby now.

“I know I have been saying sorry for millionth time, but I’m sorry Woo for always hurt you. I know I am not a good husband like others out there. I know I once had done an awful things to you before which I almost lost you.” Silence engulfed them for a while before Sunggyu continue again.

“But I want you to know Woo, my love for you is sincere. I honestly regret my wrongdoing and how I wish I could turn back time and fixed everything so we can live happily for today.”

Truthfully, Woohyun was touched when he heard Sunggyu confession. To be honest, Woohyun had forgive Sunggyu already after the incident. As cliché as it may sound, Woohyun had buried the details deep in his memory and tried to not remember any single details of it.

“I know, Gyu. You are not hurting me dear, but you have give me a pure happiness and bliss in my life.” Woohyun reached out for Sunggyu’s hand. “And this baby is the proof.” After he ended his sentence, Woohyun rested Sunggyu palm on his bump with his thumb slightly caressed the back of Sunggyu hand to convince him.

“Let’s forget the past and start over for future. For you, for me and and also for our little one.”

 

---

Byunghun closed the door back when his eyes caught the emptiness inside the room. The sheet was neat and tight which only confusion to Byunghun. Just now Myungsoo said he wanted to rest in his room but when Byunghun went to his room, it was empty. Where would he go?

Bhyunghun searched for Myungsoo at any possible place he go. He thought of library as Myungsoo once has said he like to be alone when he was surrounded with books and the tranquillity emitted. He went into the reading room but again he could not found him reading or sitting there.

He descended to living room to see if Myungsoo was there. While he was going down, Hyunah passed by him and flashed him a smile.

“Are you looking for Myungsoo? If you are, he is in front yard enjoying his tea time. Go accompany him.” Byunghun slightly blushed after Hyunah winked suggestively at him. “Aish eommonim, don’t make me shy.”

“Oh, thank you eommonim.”

 

The calming scent from the flowers Hyunah planted filling the evening air. The scenery caught Myungsoo attention and he choose to enjoy his little time there while reading. Since he went to Malaysia, he noticed several positive changes in himself. From a man who did not much like reading, now had reading as his hobby during his leisure time.

Myungsoo was too engrossed in his reading to notice Byunghun was coming. Byunghun took a peek at Myungsoo and realized his boyfriend was reading and that was mean he will never be noticed. Because of this, they always had a cildish argument. Byunghun always complained Myungsoo neglected him when he start reading.

“Babé” Myungsoo stopped in the middle of his reading the moment a pair of hands covered his eyes. But without him looking behind, Myungsoo already know the owner of the soft hands.

Myungsoo chuckled when he saw a visible pout hanging cutely on Byunghun lips. His eyes crinkled in delight as he watched the still poutting Byunghun sat beside him with both hands crossed at his chest.

“Hey, what with the pout? Are you asking for a kiss?” Teased Myungsoo. Purposely he leaned his body to Byunghun and left the their lips slightly brushed against each other.

The red face Byunghun pulled a bit his head to calm his racing heart. He saw Myungsoo smirked at his clumsy action and silently cursed the handsome sculptured face.

“Babo. What if your mom or dad see just now?”

“We are just kissing not making out.” Myungsoo answered Byunghun nonchalantly. He ignored his boyfriend dumbfounded face and resumed back his reading.

“Kim Myungsoo! Why are you so casual saying the ‘M’ word!”

Myungsoo did not reply Byunghun, instead he laughed at him. And that obviously turned Byunghun shade even darker.

“I hate you.”

“I know you don’t. You love me so much to hate me.” Myungsoo confident answer made Byunghun trying hard to suppress his laugh.

“Why are you here? I thought you said you want to rest in your room?”

Myungsoo sipped his lemon tea a bit before he answered his boyfriend. “Fresh air is better than closed room. Furthermore, here is more calming.”

Byunghun agreed with Myungsoo. Taking fresh air in midst of nature calmness is the best therapy. Naturally his eyes briefly scanned the colourful garden and captured the beautifulness into his memory. While Myungsoo making his comeback in Paradise Berhad but surely with a new face, Byunghun was prohibited from working. The reason Myungsoo gave was he wanted Byunghun to take care of him and only him.

Called him selfish but Myungsoo wanted Byunghun to be like Woohyun. But not that mean he still has a thing for Woohyun. He just like the way Woohyun take care of his brother by preparing him his food, always listening to his concern, and the most important thing, always there besides through thick or thin.

“Myungsoo, can I ask you something?”

Myungsoo urged him to continue. “Am I allowed to stay on my own? Don’t take me wrong, the whole family is nice. Your mom, your dad, Sunggyu hyung and also Woohyun hyung, they are all nice. I enjoyed staying in this mansion, but I feel like a freeloader.”

Myungsoo remained silent. He understand Byunghun feeling. His fiancé was a working before back in Malaysia before he decided to follow him to his home in South Korea. The café back in Malaysia was built alone by Byunghun from below until where it was now. Myungsoo was really thankful when Byunghun willing to sacrifice and left his café without Myungsoo asked.

“Where? Have you looking for before?”

Byunghun shook his head weakly. He planned to survey after he got his approval from Myungsoo. Anywhere is fine as long as the place is nice and affordable because he very sure Myungsoo will not allow him to work.

“Okay, later I will look for any rent house nearby. Do you have any specification on it? Small or big, apartment or terrace?”

Upon hearing Myungsoo answer, Byunghyun could help but to hug his fiancé tightly, sending him gratitute for allowing him living alone.

“Thanks Myungie.”

“You are welcome. Don’t worry about the rental, I will pay and I don’t accept no after my words.”