Chapter 23

Seeking for Love

Sunggyu blinked his eyes couple of times to digest the unfamiliar scenery around him. He was lied alone in an empty garden on the ground. Sunggyu did not remember when he went here and he was very sure he was sober enough to not pass out there ALONE, at least if he went for drinking he will bring along Howon or he will drink alone in his room. Who brought him here?

“Hyung,” The familiar voice made Sunggyu stopped in his track. He missed that voice so much.

“Woohyun. I miss you.” A longing smile involuntary craved on Sunggyu’s lips the moment his eyes fell on the said figure. Woohyun looked breathtakingly beautiful clad in white from head to toe. The colourful flowers behind him made him looked extra beautiful almost turn him to an angel.

“What are you doing here, hyung?”

“I don’t know. I woke up to know I was lying on the ground with nobody around me. Thank God I found you.” Woohyun smiled sweetly to Sunggyu.

“Where am I, Woohyun? Am I in heaven because I can never find angel like you exist in real life.” Sunggyu’s statement only left a blushing hard Woohyun.

“You better go now hyung. You are not belong to here.”

“Then come with me. I miss you.” Sunggyu stepped forward, closing the gap between them. But the closer he got, Sunggyu felt like Woohyun was too far to reach. He could not embrace him not even touch him. Woohyun was invisible.

“Woohyun, why I cannot hold you?”

“We are different hyung. You should find someone much perfect than me to be with you.”

“Nonono!! I ing love you, Woohyun. No one else can replace you. You are the only one for me.”

“Go now, hyung. We are not meant to be together but please let me love you till the end of my breath. Goodbye, Kim Sunggyu. Thank you for everything you have done.”

Sunggyu had no strength to stop Woohyun from leaving him. His legs like were glue to the ground and his voice could escape from his throat. Only tears running down heavily from his eyes the moment Woohyun’s back slowly disappear in the thin air. He was numb and weak. He could do nothing. Sunggyu fell on his knees after Woohyun completely engulf by the thin air, tears kept running non stop. He lost Woohyun.

“WOOHYUN!!!” Sunggyu unconsciously yelling out Woohyun name from his slumber. His breath became uneven, sweating heavily making his sleepwear wet along. Sunggyu’s small eyes immediately being opened, scanning the surrounding.

Sunggyu brought up his lean figure to sit against the headboard. The hands of his placed his head in between them. The previous dream still fresh in his memory. He met Woohyun but he could not reach him. The dream, it felt like real. Sunggyu shook his head to get rid the negative thought. “That was just a dream Sunggyu, remember today you are going to bring back Woohyun? Fighting!”

 

 

Sunggyu walked to his dressing table as he heard a notification coming from his phone. With a towel hanging loosely around his neck, Sunggyu took his phone and unlock it. He smiled a bit after he saw the sender. It was L. His younger twin sent him Woohyun address.

'No. 7, 9/3 Carnation street, Golden Residency, Johor Bahru, Johor. The house is the one in peach with a silver Honda Jazz. Goodluck.’

After sent him a thank you, Sunggyu proceed back dressing himself. He reached in Malaysia a day after L told him about Woohyun. He took the earliest flight to Malaysia right after the news. His heart was all pumped up to see him again after the long separation. He missed Woohyun so much.

 

Sunggyu did not bother to take breakfast this morning, his aim only one - to find Woohyun temporary staying here. He woke up at the first alarm he set before and went straight to clean himself. Done showering, Sunggyu put on the nicest shirt he own, a bit nice manly perfume to complete his preparation. After one last check, Sunggyu turned his heels to the door, he was restless all the night to meet Woohyun. He missed him.

 

 

“No. 7, 9/3 Carnation street, I guess this is the right one.” Sunggyu read again the letters written on the piece of paper before his eyes matched them with the details of the house infront of him.

Sunggyu pulled out the keys from the ignition and locked the door behind him. His steps became light and joyful as he almost jog while crossing the street. The moment his feet reach the gate, Sunggyu’s hand involuntary pressed the bell with an excited smile plastered on his handsome face. After second ring, the gate automatically being opened made Sunggyu took a few steps back to avoid getting hit.

Woohyun opened the gate without any doubt because five minutes ago Eunji (Dongwoon’s sister) called him to open the gate for her as she forgot to bring along her key. His hand reached the knob to open the wooden door letting his aunt to enter but the sudden guest standing there left him dumbfound, shocked by his sudden visit. Questions started to revolve. Why he was here? How did he find out? Who tell him?

After recovered from the shock, Woohyun pushed back the door but quickly held by Sunggyu in between. “What do you want, Mr. Kim?”

“Should not you ask me in first?” Sunggyu said in the most soft tone. His eyes never left Woohyun’s calm one.

“This is not my house, moreover it is improper to let an outsider in without the presence of the owner.” Woohyun replied almost nonchalantly left Sunggyu to pout.

“But I am your husband, Woohyun not an outsider.” Sunggyu whined childishly, stomping his foot weakly on the ground. His pout getting longer than before as Woohyun remain his stoic expression.

 

“That is what you say but aunt and the neighbors around here do not have any idea about you, Mr. Kim.”

“You should not treat your husband like this Woohyun-ah,” Sunggyu still have not give up persuading Woohyun.

After Woohyun heard to Sunggyu’s sentence just now, his heart boiled. Sunggyu turned him to a antagonist character where in reality he was the victim.

“Then after what you did to me before was perfect enough?! Do you ever consider me as a human? You never ever give me a chance to explain myself. All you did was blaming me and torture me emotionally. Do you even realized it?!” Woohyun raised his voice a bit. Sunggyu hung his head low hearing Woohyun shaky voice. He knew he was responsible for this whole situation and he want to fix this so, they can return back to normal.

Woohyun held back his tears, he did not want Sunggyu to witness his endless weakness. Just one time he wanted to act stronger infront of Sunggyu proving him he can live without him.

“I know I wronged, Woohyun, but please I’m begging you, please give me another chance. I want us to be together again like other couples.” Sunggyu closed their distance as much as he can even though they were separated by a grill. He was badly want to hold Woohyun, whispering to him sweet words and wipe off the fallen tears from his beautiful face but he could not. His hand did not synchronized with his mind. Woohyun was so close to him but too far to be hold yet.

“I am tired, Mr. Kim. Do you think I’m a robot? Doesn’t has heart? It is very hurting me when my own husband did not acknowledge me as his wife.”

“I deeply apologize to you, Woohyun. I am very sorry.”

“Please don’t play with that word, Mr. Kim. It won’t change anything.”

“No! I really mean it! I admit I was stupid accusing you without giving you chance to justify yourself. I let anger controlling my whole brain. I betrayed my own promise to you where I promised with all my heart and soul to protect you at any cost and never stop loving you. At that moment I realized something, I slowly turning into L, the one my wife feared the most. Luckily mommy and Howon were quick enough to pull me back right in the time from the darkness.”

For a moment silence took over the atmosphere, letting the two souls to settle down their hard feelings between them. Woohyun was having an intense battle with his emotion. One part of him want to hate Sunggyu but the other half of it telling him to accept back Sunggyu. The path he went since they were knotted together was fulled of hardship. Woohyun had it enough. If Sunggyu cannot accept him, then he will walk away from his life.

“Woohyun, please give me another chance to fix everything I messed up.” The sudden contact on his skin made Woohyun startled. His eyes traveled down to see his hand intertwined with Sunggyu’s larger one.

“I will never let you go again.” Sunggyu squeezed a bit Woohyun’s hand to let the younger feel his sincerity. For the whole time being his eyes never left Woohyun, Sunggyu wanted Woohyun to read how he was in love in him and how he cannot live without the half of him.

Woohyun did not pull back back his hand, he just let his hand being held by Sunggyu. His heart suddenly remember the same feeling he once had when Sunggyu shown his affection to him before. Even though at that moment he only can experience it for a while but the love and sincerity he felt was beyond from what he thought.

“Stay by my side again, hmm?” Sunggyu still using his sweet persuading voice to convince Woohyun.

“...”

Sunggyu’s lips formed a smile when he felt Woohyun’s thumb rubbing the back of his palm. Woohyun anger subsided after he saw Sunggyu determination to win back his heart. Sunggyu’s affection managed to break the wall of anger in Woohyun’s heart. Sunggyu did not need words from Woohyun to know he was okay now because he knew Woohyun was not good at words to express his feelings.

 

“What are you doing, Mr. Kim?” Woohyun’s eyes widen at Sunggyu daring action. Cold sweat started to roll down his temple when Sunggyu his two first button.

“If you still refuse to follow me, I need to put some force. I will make you pregnant with my baby, so then you cannot say no to me.” Sunggyu teased Woohyun but he still put on serious expression to scare him even more. Honestly, Sunggyu really enjoy seeing Woohyun’s terrified face it courage him to tease his wife more. Woohyun returned back to his old self - cute and naive.

“Then, what is your answer?”

Seeing the smirk craved on his husband handsome face, Woohyun knew he lost to him. With much difficulty, Woohyun nodded his head, agree to follow his husband back to Korea. His cherry lips unconsciously smile along after he saw Sunggyu happy expression. Not long after that, Woohyun stunned when he felt a pair of soft lips touched his. Without he noticed, tears escaped from the corner of his eyes while he enjoyed being kissed by his husband. The kiss was not rough. No battle for dominance. Just a pure confession of love.

“Saranghae,”

 


 

Eunji was having a conversation with Sunggyu in the living room when Woohyun came with two glasses of fresh orange in a tray. Carefully he placed the tray on the coffee table and put each of the glass infront of Sunggyu and Eunji respectively before he took his place beside Eunji. He lowered his gaze when he accidental made an eyes contact with Sunggyu which he got a playful wink from him. He could feel the heat slowly creeping up his face definitely decorating his cheeks with reddish blush.

 

“Go and sit beside your husband.” Woohyun really want to make himself disappear right now. His aunt did not help at all. What did she expect from him to woo at his husband after they had a big fight before. Of course not!

Woohyun sent Eunji a knowing look with a small head shake. But today was not his day, Eunji failed to interpret the massage he sent to her. Eunji’s patience getting thinner when he saw Woohyun still glued beside her not making any move, refusing her order. She reached down to Woohyun’s thigh and attack him with a crab pinch making Woohyun to hiss in pain.

“It is rude to ignore your husband.”

Sunggyu tried really hard to suppress his laugh watching his wife cute protest. How he wish he was in that place instead of Eunji right now. He suddenly felt jealous thinking Eunji got to tease his wife while he cannot even to touch him for more than a week after Woohyun sudden missing. Sunggyu straighten his posture when he felt the seat beside him deepen. His head automatically turned to his right to see the expression of the forced one. Woohyun barely sit near to him and did not even spare a glance to him. All Woohyun did was looking anywhere as long as not at his left.

“Woohyun, can you pass me the glass?” Sunggyu decided to make Woohyun face him.

Without uttering a word, Woohyun took the glass and passed it to Sunggyu. While the glass was being transferred, Sunggyu took this chance to brush his fingers against Woohyun’s.

“Thank you.” A victory ceremony was held in Sunggyu’s mind after he succeed making Woohyun’s fluffy cheeks changed to bright crimson.

“So, Sunggyu how about you stay here today before fly back to Korea this night?” Eunji broke the silence among them. Sunggyu already told her everything about he and Woohyun. At first Eunji was shocked when Sunggyu told her that he was Woohyun’s husband and they had a big fight which resulting in the presence of Woohyun in her house. Dongwoon also did not tell her why his nephew wanted to stay in Malaysia, he just said his nephew wanted to change his air for a while. But, she did not make any comment about them because she knew every marriage has its own ups and downs. She considered Sunggyu as gentleman because he immediately took a quick flight to Malaysia after he knew was there. She respected Sunggyu as that man put aside his ego just to melt his wife anger and succeed in persuading Woohyun. She was hoping that the young couple in front of her now will stay together forever despite the obstacles come.

“I will say yes but before that I need to pack my things in the hotel first.”

“Okay, take your time. Hope you are not taking a long time because lunch will be done by Woohyun.”

“Really? Then I make sure to reach here before lunch.” Sunggyu looked lovingly to his right. How his taste buds missed to taste his wife cooking.

“What do you want to eat?” Sunggyu could not stop his lips from forming a huge grin listening to Woohyun question even though the latter did not face him. But he could still noticed the red color decorating his cheeks.

“Anything you make will be my pleasure. I miss your cooks.”

 


 

L was scrolling down his gallery on the phone. For the past 30 minutes, L only lying on the bed while scrolling Woohyun’ pictures. He created the album since the day Woohyun came into his life as his family temporary maid helping his mother on his semester leave. His breath was taken away the moment his eyes fell on his face. Every seconds in his life only to be filled with Woohyun’s laugh or his smile, his mind could not get rid the image of his beautiful face. Woohyun was the only boy he afraid to take advantage on him. From L perspective, Woohyun was too innocent to be tainted. He wanted to keep Woohyun’s innocence from his dirty needs.

But the more he tried, the more the desire to have him in his arms. His naughty imagination running wild without he could control it. Until the day he knew Woohyun was left alone in the mansion, his sanity vanished away. He lost to his lust. He broke his promise to keep Woohyun’s innocence, he took away his ity. L was a coward person. He left Woohyun dealing alone the problem he created while he flee far to oversea. He was too young at that time. All he knew was only enjoy and partying. Never came across his into his mind to get marry at such young age. He was no ready yet.

He thought he could forget Woohyun but he was wronged. Everyday, every seconds Woohyun’s teary face came before his eyes. His mind could stop replying the cried and endless plead of Woohyun like a broken tape. L lived in guilty. After a couple years, L found courage to return back to his homeland, Korea. Although at that time he still could not forget Woohyun. To worsen the situation, destiny had another plan for him. After he knew Woohyun was working with his twin, L became restless. He still have not had courage to face him after a long while.

Sorry was never appear in L’s life dictionary before but after Woohyun came, he learn that word. L started to know the word but he had no idea how to apply it. He never used it before. So, L determined to do it in his own way which was only brought more problems. Woohyun became more scared of him and Sunggyu became extra protective over him. Telling his father about his plan also was not a good decision. Siwon took this opportunity to break Sunggyu and Woohyun away. And now thing getting worst. Later, L found the light from the darkness engulfing him. It turned him to a more matured person and more responsible man. He confessed to Sunggyu and helped his twin to get back Woohyun.

Even now he had to endure the pain of seeing his love one together with his twin, but L could not do nothing. Sunggyu was the right person for Woohyun. They were destined to be together. Prove? Both of them could easily cheat on each other by finding themselves a soulmate but they did not. Five years separating them only gave them time to think and became more mature. L was wronged underestimating Woohyun unconditional love towards Sunggyu. Their love was pure.

With one last look, L click the dustbin icon on the up right corner of his gallery. He wanted to erase all memory or trace of Woohyun. L accepted the fate that they were not fated to be together and it was wronged to have feeling with somebody wife. Furthermore, he promised himself to change to a better person and to look himself replacement of Woohyun. Somebody who could make him love him/her just the way it was without seeing Woohyun in him/her.