Chapter 39

Seeking for Love

Somewhere in the world…

 

The bright ray of the sunlight reflected through Soyou’s expensive dark shades. Behind the shades, her eyes roamed the aesthetic view of sunset at the ocean. People gradually increase than before to see the beautiful view in front of them. This was perfect for lovers to express their love to each other. Imagined those things only brought uninvited tears to Soyou.

"I love you Sunggyu. Why we cannot be like them?" Soyou was having her inner monologue. Silent tears rolled down her pale cheeks as she was engulfed with her heavy emotion.

Sunggyu was the second man entered her heart after her first boyfriend. Her first supposed boyfriend was her course mate during their university day. They were together for almost five years until one day her boyfriend decided to be a two timer.

Be a naive girl she was, Soyou was not aware with her boyfriend attitude changes. She thought the gradual decreasing calls from him was because his pilling works. For about three months she was fooled and the secret revealed when they coincidentally bumped on each other on one fine weekend. Her eyes caught the vivid image of her boyfriend hugged a girl in a clothe store.

She confronted him right there, of course not without some drama between she and the girl. All eyes went on them after her boyfriend slapped her right on her left cheek. She was dumbfound, held her stung cheek with teary eyes.

Soyou closed her eyes tightly when the scenario replay at the back of her mind. She could still remember clearly the most hurtful words that day. She remembered how him blurted out 'we are over' infront of of everyone at the store. He said those harsh words without even thought about Soyou feeling that moment.

Since that incident, Soyou did not trust men. She only treated them not more than colleague or client. She never going out with any men after she broke up with her ex-boyfriend. Four months were needed for Soyou to heal back her broken heart and to gain trust back in men. During her healing period, Sunggyu accidental came into her life. They started as clients first and gradually her feeling towards Sunggyu changed. She started to see Sunggyu more than a client.

Their start was mere one sided love for Soyou. Sunggyu never saw her more than client or colleague. Soyou was misinterpreted by Sunggyu gentle and kindness to her. Although Sunggyu declared multiple times that they were only friends, Soyou refused to accept that fact. She continued to force Sunggyu to be in a relationship with her. Sunggyu at first totally rejected her, but after he knew her past, Sunggyu slowly treated her nicely but still reminded her they were only friends.

"Thank you Sunggyu for giving me chance to love you although I know you never feel what I felt." Soyou wiped off her tears before continued again. "I hope you are happy with Woohyun and your soon to be born baby."

Move on was the hardest part of Soyou in order to forget Sunggyu. The guy gave a big impact to her life after she broke up with her past boyfriend. His acts, his face, his gentleness, everything about him difficult to be erased from Soyou mind.

Soyou dusted off sands beach from her bottom then bent down to collect her sandal in her hand before she left the place with heavy emotion. She hoped she could forget him for sake of herself. All memories of them she sent together with the sunset.

 




 

Byunghun watched in silent Woohyun who was washing the plates they had for lunch before. He noticed Woohyun was an active person. Although he was almost enter his last trimester, Byunghun always see him watering plants in the morning then Woohyun sometimes clean the living room. Maids always try to stop him but to no avail.

Byunghun slipped out a small cough to attract Woohyun attention and he succeed. Woohyun hand stopped working and he titled his head a bit to the source which he saw Byunghun was smiling sheepishly at him.

“Yes Byunghun. Anything I can help you?” Woohyun placed the last utensil on the dish rack before he dried his hand with a kitchen towel near the sink. Soon, he waddled to Byunghun and took his place in front of him.

“Nothing, just want to accompany you.” Byunghun propped one of his elbow on the kitchen table.

“Say, we never engaged in long conversation before. I only got to know your name.”

“Nado.” Silence. “Truthfully, I saluted you hyung. You still smiling after all you have had facing before. If I was in your shoe, I can’t guarantee to be same like you. I might end up hating him.”

To be honest, Woohyun was shocked after he listened to Byunghun words. As far as he remembered, no one beside this family and his family know about his dark past. The only outsider knew about him was Dongwoo, his housemate before.

“How do you know?” Woohyun could not hide his curiosity.

“Myungsoo told me everything. He said he wanted me to know his past before I hear from outsider.”

“How is your reaction? Are you mad?”

Byunghun lips curled upward a bit. But Woohyun knew that smile was a solemn one as the corner did not reach his eyes.

“I would be lying if I said I did not mad, hyung. After he finished, i felt the sky fall onto me, my lips tightly closed, barely to form any words. He have not talk for four days.”

“I’m sorry, Hunnie.” Woohyun reached for Byunghun hand. He clasped the latter hand into him in comforting manner. He can relate how Byunghun felt right now.

“You should not apologize, hyung. The fault is not yours. That time I really disappointed at him. He was not a gentleman. He should take responsible on what he did instead, he simply passed the responsibility to his twin.”

“That was past, Byunghun. I believe he is completely a new person now. Sunggyu always tell me he has found his long lost twin. They never be close like this before.”

“I know. I’m glad he changed.” Byunghun smiled in relief. He felt his eyes moisten a bit but he shrugged it off.

Woohyun smiled along with him. He can’t describe his feeling right now. Happy, relief all mixed into one. “Can you do me a favor, Hunnie?”

Byunghun looked up to match his eye level. “Yes, hyung?”

“Help him to be a better person and please love him with all your heart. Myungsoo is not good in expressing his love, but once someone caught his heart, he sure will love that person with all his heart. I promise you.”

“Thanks, hyung.”

 


 

The room filled with silence only left with the sound of the machine and air conditioner. A person with white robe was focusing her eyes on the black and white screen tried to find something for the couple in front of her. The lying body who was clutching the hand of his man also fixed his eyed to the monitor.

“How Doctor? Have you find it?” Sunggyu excitedly asked the doctor. As much as excited his wife was, Sunggyu also could not help it. For eight month their baby decided to play hide and seek about the gender.

“Wait for while. I still can’t find it.”

Woohyun tilted his head to see his husband overly excited face. He could not help but to chuckle to see his husband face. His face resembled a kid after his mother granted him with a giant lollipop.

“Aren’t you too excited my dear hubby?” Woohyun caressed his husband cheek lovingly with his free hand as his other hand was held by Sunggyu.

“Of course I am! Finally I get know my baby gender after a long time of waiting.” Sunggyu left a chaste kiss on Woohyun lips but made sure the doctor not has her eyes on them.

They turned back their attention to the monitor without untangled their hand or even loosen them a bit. Woohyun’s heart swelled to its content at his husband little gesture.

“I’m sorry Mr. Kim. I think this little one is playing hard to get.”

Upon hearing the doctor announcement, Sunggyu face fell in disappointment. Woohyun chuckled when he saw a long pout hung loosely on his husband thin lips. He did not expect his husband reaction like this and he thought he will be the disappointed one.

“Why are you being mean to daddy?” Sunggyu whined. The doctor laughed with all her heart at Sunggyu whining.

“I’m sorry Mr-daddy-to-be, I did my best but sure your little one is happy to see you in despair.”

“How is my baby doing, doc?

“Apart from playing hide and seek, your baby is doing fine. The heartbeat and vital are overall normal.”

The doctor finished jotted down all the details on her form. She wiped off the gel on Woohyun belly before she asked the couple to follow her. Sunggyu helped Woohyun to get up from the bed. After successfully stood on his toes, Woohyun gently ruffled Sunggyu hair to coax him. “Keep that pout away, hubby. You look ugly.”

 

“Okay, so both of the mother and baby are healthy without any severe complication. Kindly to remind you Woohyun, as your have reached the eighth month of your pregnancy, you tend to have minor contraction as your body is preparing for birth later. The pain will bring discomfort to you and sometime too much.”

Woohyun nodded his head at the doctor explanation. He agreed with she said as he already felt those sign two weeks ago. His baby sometime kicked him too hard until the point he cried because the pain is unbearable. Sunggyu will helped him to calm their baby until he felt flutter movement against his skin. Not to mention, his back nowadays was slowly killing him. He swore his body almost break into two. He was not exaggerate but it was fact.

“And as you already know, your body is producing more milk for feeding later. So, the area will get more tender and swollen than before. And safe to say that, you need to pump out the milk often to ease the discomfort.”

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun in suggestive manner and only received a not so soft swat on his left shoulder. He saw his wife face changed his original color to bright red. “I can help you.”

“When is the due?” Woohyun pushed his husband face away from him. He can feel heat radiated from his body after Sunggyu whispered to him. And also he did not missed the look from the doctor. How Woohyun wished he could get into mouse hole and hid there forever. “Oh dear God, please help me.”

“Based on the calculation, your due is scheduled to be on 7th October 2017 which is 33 days more. Are you excited?” Asked the doctor.

Woohyun nodded acstatically happy almost seeing stars due to his over reaction. “More than you imagine.”

“Well, again I congratulated both of you on welcoming a new family member in a month. Please take care of yourself Woohyun-shi, and Sunggyu-shi as you wife due is getting nearer please take an extra care of him. Do restrict him from doing heavy work which can lead him to complication.”

“Thank you, doctor. We will take our leave first.”

 


 

“I guess I can never get the chance to buy pretty girly clothes to my baby. Aishh,” Sunggyu mumbled behind the wheel. Woohyun watched his husband in amusement. He never thought his husband, the most respectful CEO of Kim Holding was this childish.

“Why are sure we will have baby girl? I think since I announced my pregnancy, you are continuously hoping for a girl.” Woohyun asked. He turned his body a bit to face Sunggyu who was calmly steering the wheel on the busy road.

Sunggyu stole a glance at Woohyun before focused back on the road. He heaved a long sigh before he opened his mouth to answer.

“I don’t know. My father instinct told me.”

Woohyun leaned forward and pinched Sunggyu now chubby cheek not too hard. His husband cuteness really drove him crazy everyday. If his husband was a teddy bear, Woohyun sure to hug him a close as possible against him and bite the fluffy face.

“Don’t put too much hope. I afraid this baby is a boy and destroy your innocence dream.”

“I know, my instinct tell you are carrying a girl but it’s okay if the baby is a boy. I don’t mind.”

“Alright, then, please put that ugly pout away. I don’t want people say I force my husband to buy baby things later.”

 

Sunggyu parked his car at the empty lot and pulled the handbrake before he undone his seat belt. Woohyun mimicked his husband action sooner and stepped out from the car after he finished.

“Anything left?” Sunggyu asked Woohyun before they left to entrance. After received an answer from Woohyun, the couple walked hand-in-hand together to the automatic glass gate.

“How about we look for clothes first? We need to buy uni as the gender is still unknown.” Woohyun suggested and Sunggyu second that. They need to buy uni clothes which the designed quite limited.

Baby n Us store was the first destination for them. The store offered various kind of things from clothes to toys and even basic things for mom who was expecting. Sunggyu could only shook his head to see Woohyun reaction. He swore he saw glint in Woohyun eyes the moment they stepped into the store.

“Honey, we are not going to buy the whole store okay. Just choose what you like only.” Sunggyu strictly reminded Woohyun when he saw the pregnant male was busy taking everything in front him into the trolley.

“But hubby, this orange printed shirt is cute.” Woohyun was trying his best showing his infamous puppy eyes to Sunggyu, silently hoping that his husband agreed with him.

“Honey, the shirt is for a toddler while our baby is an infant. The shirt will never fit after all.”

Woohyun dejectedly put back the shirt and earned a shy giggle from the sale assistant. “I want this one,” Woohyun whispered as low as possible afraid Sunggyu will hear him but the sale assistant did. She patted Woohyun back in comforting manner to coax the sulking male.

“What is your baby gender? I can help you.”

Sunggyu answered her question and got couple of nods before she lead the-soon-to-be-parent to a section filled with colourful small clothes for uni. The designed here were suitable for any gender with suitable price.

“We are here aware with the market nowadays. Parents usually wished the baby gender as surprised and buy things suit for both gender. But as to find uni product today quite difficult, so we took the initiative to open this store.” Explained the sale assistant.

“You have everything here for uni? Not only clothes?”

“Yes, we have everything. Not only clothes, we also sell cribs, bottles, toys ,strollers and other more. This is our specialty compared to other store.”

“Thank you for the suggestion. We will shop happily.”

 


 

A long finger clicked the shutter button of DSLR the moment its lens caught a glimpse of Sunggyu and Woohyun. It did not stop until the two body disappeared into the crowd in front of Paradigm Mall. A small smirk craved on the mysterious lips as the eyes followed the couple.

The black camera was lifted again but not to snap any picture, the mysterious figure clicked on the file to go through the pictures snapped before. All the pictures saved was only Woohyun face. From his smiling face, his pouting lips until the figure accidentally took a picture of Sunggyu kissed Woohyun on his cherry lips.

The rage immediately boiled to its maximum to see the picture. It only provoked the possessiveness inside the body. “No one can kiss him like that other than me! Nam Woohyun is only mine!” Both the fists were tightly balled on the steering as the figure was trying to calm the rage that slowly building in the system.

Soon after that, those piercing eyes caught a vivid image of Sunggyu and Woohyun who were about to cross the single lane road. Suddenly the figure had thought a very goo idea. The foot standby on the fuel paddle while waiting for Sunggyu to step his foot on the road. Upon seeing his subject, the foot pressed harder on the fuel and…

“!”

Through the rear back view mirror, the mysterious figure saw Sunggyu held Woohyun body close to him, avoid the pregnant male from touching the ground. People started to gather around the couple to see whether they were injured or not.

“I almost hit him. I swear to my love, one day you will be dead Kim Sunggyu!”

 

“Honey, are you okay?” Sunggyu asked anxiously as his wife was almost being hit by a speeding car. Luckily his reflex was quick or else Woohyun might be injured now. Sunggyu quickly shook the negative idea from his mind. He could never forgive himself if something happen to Woohyun.

Woohyun was still shocked after the incident. Whole body was trembled badly, he could feel his heartbeat pumped crazily behind his ribcage. Cold sweats started to slide from Woohyun forehead.

“Young man, you better bring your wife to hospital to check if he experience any internal or external injury.” One of the crowd told Sunggyu what to do after he saw Woohyun was not giving any response despite his conscious state.

Sunggyu thanked the middle age man before he scooped Woohyun in his arms and headed to their car. One of the man helped Sunggyu to open the backseat door and the rest loaded their things in the trunk.

“Thank you again. I’ll be going now.”

 


 

“How is my wife, doctor?” Upon he saw the doctor came out from the treatment room, Sunggyu shot his body straight and walked to him.

The doctor took of his mask and gave the anxious male a small smile to ease the tension. “Your wife and his baby are alright. No injury or complication stated.”

Listened to the expert explanation made Sunggyu breathed normally again. Thanks to God both Woohyun and his unborn baby were perfectly fine. “Can I see him, doc?”

“You may, but your wife still shock from the incident so we put him to sleep to help him relax. He may dismisses after he conscious and do last check up.”

“Thank you, doctor.”

Sunggyu bowed to the doctor and sent him off with his gaze. After the image of the doctor disappeared from his retina, Sunggyu slowly turned the knob of Woohyun room. His heart felt the moment he saw his wife sleeping figure on the bed. Just this morning they went for a check up and his wife was perfectly healthy but soon in the evening, Woohyn was lying motionless on the hospital bed.

He pulled the chair beside the bed carefully not to cause much noise as he afraid he might disturb Woohyun sleep. As soon his bottom landed on the cushion, Sunggyu slowly brought his hand closer to Woohyun and grabbed the smaller hand not too tight.

His lips peppered the smooth skin of his wife hand. Without he noticed, he was crying. He realized he was crying when he felt Woohyun skin damp and took a look at it only to find his tears.

“Honey please wake up soon. I’m afraid to loose you or our baby. I love both of you. You guys are my world and life.”

 

 

 

Sorry for the late update, friends. Here is the next chapter. Hope you guys enjoy it. Do leave some comments and subscribe!!! Thank you!!!

Sorry for my english.