Chapter 9

'Betterer' Isn't a Word

Turns out that everything was perfectly fine. After taking a seat back on the couch, Taehyung fell asleep, passed out with no chance of waking up again in the next hour. Everyone else just stared at him, wondering what the hell just happened. Seokjin shook his head, staring at the lightly snoring boy.

"I guess that he must have been stressed about something, and now he's all tired out. I'm sure that when he wakes up, he'll be back to normal."

Jungkook, still lying on the ground, snorted, laughing.

"He had a nap before you guys even got here. He has no valid reason to be tired."

"I don't know, Jungkookie, boys our age get worked up about certain things if you know what I mean!" Jimin nudged Jungkook with his foot, winking excessively the entire time. Seokjin clicked his tongue in disapproval, staring at the boy with angry eyes. The youngest put his hand on his chin, trying to understand what that meant. When he finally did, his eyes widened before he scrunched his eyebrows together again.

"But why would he be worked out about that stuff? Nothing really- oh. Oh."

Jimin shot straight up, wide smile cracking on his face and eyes wild and intrigued.

"Jungkookie~ What happened? You know, I was joking, but your reaction is telling me that something really did happen! Come on, details! You can't hide this from me!"

Jimin crawled towards the other boy, grin visible. Jungkook slowly moved away, backing up until his back hit the couch. The small brunet was ever still advancing, though, and right when he reached the young boy, Jungkook gave him a swift kick to the crotch. Jimin collapsed in on himself, squirming around on the ground in pain.

"Oh my god Jeon Jungkook I swear to god when I get over this you are going to die I can't breathe oh my god someone save me from this kid who is the literal spawn of Satan he is going to kill us all please help me from this demon child-"

"You deserved it!"

Everyone but Jungkook was frozen, not sure exactly how to react to Jungkook being called a demon child. No one really moved, afraid to make a wrong move. The older ones were the first to recover, Namjoon shaking his head and flicking Jungkook's forehead. He turned around, catching sight of Taehyung's unconscious state once again. Then, he got up and walked towards his bag. Smirking, he pulled a permanent marker out from it. He gave the marker to Seokjin who looked confused for a few minutes, moving the marker from hand to hand. Something seemed to click in his head, and then he gave the marker to Jungkook. The boy uncapped it, turning around.

Hoseok watched the entire thing go down, and, though quite belatedly, he didn't know why, but he thought that he wasn't really all that heart broken. Yes, he had had a crush on the younger boy, but it wasn't that intense. He thought that if Taehyung were to get together with someone else, then it'd be fine. He didn't take this loss as a huge one, seeing it only as an opportunity to gain an even better friend. They'd be great friends and nothing would be wrong.

Everything would be just dandy.

Jesus Christ, they all needed to spend less time around Yoongi.

But Hoseok really didn't care. I know that it may sound like he's lying, but Hoseok found that he just accepted the rejection with open arms.

As a result, he scooted closer to the passed out boy on the couch, laying Taehyung's head onto his lap so that the boy could sleep more comfortably. He played with the pink hair, letting it run through his fingers. He also made sure that the boy's head wouldn't roll around as Jungkook drew his masterpiece on Taehyung's face. Before he knew it, there was a full, lush moustache and beard taking up the entire bottom half of the boy's face. He was also given a very sweet unibrow, swirls drawn onto his cheeks just for fun.

Jungkook was in the middle of colouring Taehyung's nose when the boy suddenly woke up, eyelids fluttering to adjust to the lighting. He felt something on his nose, twitching it as a result. Then, he felt the wet moisture on it, eyes fully opening to look at it. He was met by Jungkook's stare, and the boy was the only one who saw how much his eyes widened. Both parties stopped, no one else noticing because they were all laughing too hard.

Hoseok looked down, feeling the boy in his lap go stiff. He saw Jungkook's hand not moving, marker frozen in the air. This made him stretch down to stare at Taehyung's face, but he found nothing unusual, the pink haired man's eyes shut tight.

"Everything alright, Jungkook?"

The mentioned boy jumped with a start, suddenly aware of where he was.

"Yeah, everything's fine, Hoseok. There's nothing wrong, so don't worry about it. Yep, I'm absolutely fine. Everything is wonderful."

The older man gave Jungkook a weird look, having not expected such a long answer. He nodded a few times, sitting back up and turning to speak with the other people in the room. The youngest in the room stared at Taehyung's closed eyes, not sure if he had just hallucinated or what. He poked Taehyung's nose with the marker, eyes shooting open to glare at him.

Jungkook jumped back slightly, however, his movements were not large enough to alert anyone. Taehyung stuck his tongue out at him, unconsciously rolling to his other side and burrowing deeper into his sleeping area. That was when Jungkook saw his entire body stop in the middle of getting comfortable, the boy turning back around to face the front at light speed.

Jungkook watched him clutch his chest with as minimal movement as possible, breath rapid and heart racing.

"Taehyung? Are you awake?" Hoseok had lifted his hair up and off his forehead, lifting the boy's head up to look at his face. Fortunately, Taehyung held his breath and made his body go limp, resembling nothing more than a ragdoll. By this point, the brunet was getting quite suspicious, gently laying the younger boy down. As soon as he did, Taehyung's eyes opened, urgently signalling Jungkook to come over.

Under the pretence of drawing on his face some more, Jungkook scooted closer, ear close enough to be whispered into.

"Why the am I lying on Hoseok? Who arranged this?? What the hell? Why did no one tell me? What is going on right now?" Jungkook bit his tongue, trying not to burst out into laughter. He kept drawing on Taehyung's face, but he thought that that would be the least of the pink haired man's problems at the moment.

"Jeon ing Jungkook you better answer me right this second or I swear to every god, I am going to rip your throat out."

Jungkook weighed the pros and cons of the situation, and he laughed as he came to a conclusion. His facial expression changed, the boy gasping as if surprised, making extra sure that everyone was alerted.

"Oh no, looks like Taehyung woke up! I hope he doesn't kill me for what I've drawn on his face! Oh please, everyone, don't let him kill me! He makes such rash decisions!"

Everyone turned to look, Taehyung not having any more excuses. He sat up with an embarrassed smile, gesturing to everyone. Out of the corner of his eye, he watched Jungkook slink away, smirk very clear on the boy's face. His face twitched, smile breaking. Then he shot out of his seat, chasing after the young boy.

"JEON JUNGKOOK, YOU'RE NOT GETTING OUT OF THIS HOUSE ALIVE TONIGHT!"


After beating Jungkook up (he really just tackled him and tickled him for a solid five minutes), Taehyung had spent hours trying to wash off the permanent marker on his face. He had kicked the vast majority of the boys out already, Jimin and Jungkook the only two still left since they lived down the road.

Jimin sat in his bathtub, bag of chips in his lap as his legs hung off the edge of the large basin. He was chewing loudly and obnoxiously, stopping in the middle of his chewing to speak. He pointed to Taehyung's face in the mirror with a potato chip, trying to get the rest of the food down.

"You know, Tae, that moustache actually really suits you. You should think about keeping it."

Jimin got a dirty towel thrown in his face.

Taehyung was quite unamused, not wanting to have to go around like this for the rest of his life. He stuck his head out of the bathroom door, about to yell at the guilty culprit, but he stopped when he saw that Jungkook was very much asleep on his bed. A small smile made its way onto his face, admiring the way that Jungkook looked in his sleep.

Jimin cocked his head at Taehyung, leaning forward and almost falling out of the bathtub. His eyes followed the other's line of sight to figure out what Taehyung was staring at so intently and he too smiled when he realized that the slightly younger man was staring at the sleeping boy.

The brunet laid back into the bathtub, popping a few more chips into his mouth. He watched as Taehyung sighed, face showing so many emotions. Jimin put the chips down, folding his hands together over his stomach.

"Tae, are you ever gonna say anything to him? About the fact that you, you know?"

Taehyung glanced at Jimin quickly, only catching sight of the boy for mere seconds before staring back into the mirror.

"What, that I like him? No, I don't think so. Besides you, he's my best friend, you know that, right? I can't risk losing him. I just can't. Everything in my life would go to absolute , I can't even imagine it. He's way too important to me, Jimin. He means too much."

The small brunet nodded, eyes soft and hints of sadness spotting them.

"I hope things turn out alright, Tae. I really hope they do."

Taehyung smiled, but it didn't make its way to his eyes. It was shallow, only portraying the faintest idea of happiness, not truly expressing the millions of feelings welling up inside of him. The smile slowly dropped off of his face, expression turning blank and just the slightest bit solemn. Then he shook his head, a bright smile back on his face.

"So, Jiminnie, how's about we kick Jungkookie out, and then you tell me allll about you and Yoongi while you help me clean my face?"

Jimin screeched, face flushing a bright pink.

"THERE'S NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT!"

Jungkook woke up to the ear piercing scream, landing face first onto the floor while Taehyung winked at the distressed brunet, strolling out of the room to go help the young boy off of his face.

"Not yet there isn't, but after tomorrow, trust me, there will be!"

Jimin shrunk into the bathtub, wanting to disappear. His cheeks were a bright rosy pink, the colour spreading all the way to the tips of his ears. Taehyung didn't look back at him, but he chuckled nonetheless. Crouching down, he began poking Jungkook to make sure the kid wasn't dead again.

"Jungkookie? You good?"

There was a noncommittal grunt, the boy too tired to try to get up off of the floor. In fact, he probably would have been completely content sleeping on the shaggy carpet of the room. He really didn't want to get up. As a result, Taehyung lifted him up over his shoulder, carrying him out of the house. He all but skipped to the younger's small home, knocking twice on the door before kicking it open. Then, he dropped the boy on his bed, bidding the Jeon family good night.

"Taehyung, wait a minute!"

The mentioned man stopped in the door frame, turning to look at Jungkook's mother.

"Yes, Mrs. Jeon?"

The petite woman hit Taehyung's arm, tsking at him.

"I told you, didn't I? Just think of me as your second mother, you little kid. Anyway, Tae, sweetheart, whatever happened to your face? There's marker everywhere! Did you pick up 12 markers and just go at it? How did this happen? Though I must admit, you do look quite handsome with that facial hair!"

The boy groaned, sending the frail woman into laughter. She, unfortunately, did not have any solutions to his problem, and sent him off, thanking him all the time for returning her son home. 

Taehyung grumbled all the way back to his house and even still on the way to the bathroom in his room. He kicked his bathtub, startling the brunet lying asleep inside, and then the two of them set off on the cleansing-Kim-Taehyung's-face adventure.


a/n: when jungkook kicks jimin in the crotch, i really wanted to say 'swift kick to the ' because it rhymes but i felt that wouldve been a little too vulgar... not that im letting up on that at all no way theres so much swearing in here

i reread this before updating, and omfg theres a lot of unintentional ual connotations in here wow

but are they really unintentional 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

yes they are