Candy's For Losers

'Betterer' Isn't a Word

a/n: yea ok so maybe i have two a halloween fics written but i wanted to do something for this story too so i hope you guys enjoy 


Jungkook ran out of his house, a pillow case raised high above his head as he dove into the dark night.

Taehyung chased after him, a pack of small children running behind him with plastic bows and arrows, one of them even with a sword unsheathed and ready to playfully stab someone.

"JEON JUNGKOOK, I SWEAR TO GOD, COME BACK HERE."


Some things you should know before we get started.

1. Jeon Jungkook ing loves candy.

2. Kim Taehyung swears that he loves candy more than Jungkook.

3. Park Jimin thinks they're both idiots, but he doesn't actually care enough to do anything about it (because he too loves candy).

4. They're all stupid, but hey, sometimes being stupid is the only way to do something.

5. In this case, it's not the way to do it.

6. Also, trying to do the right thing can sometimes end up in doing the exact opposite.


Jungkook was on a blueberry lollipop, giggling to himself when he pulled it out of his mouth and took a picture of his tongue, only to find it dyed a dark shade of blue. It looked pretty nice, if he were to be honest, and contrasted well with his brown hair. Right when he was about to enjoy his lollipop again, it was stolen from right out of his hand and Jungkook sadly watched as Taehyung popped it into his own.

"Ooh, blueberry, yummy."

This made the younger frown, upset that his small sugary treat had been stolen from him.

"Tae, that was mine."

That earned him a now blue tongue stuck out in his direction, Taehyung turning away from him as if to emphasize that he was not planning on ever giving the lollipop back.

Jungkook just huffed and stood up, brushing off the dust from the back of his pants as he walked back inside of his house.

"You know what, Tae? How about, tonight, when we go trick-or-treating with my neighbour's kids, we fight to see who gets the most candy? I bet I'll win. I mean, after all, I am cuter than you."

Taehyung raised both his eyebrows, questioning Jungkook's words.

"Yeah? You think you're cuter than me? Please, the only reason that you might get more candy than me is because you literally look like you're seven years old. If you didn't have that going for you, then I would win by a landslide. I am way cuter than you, Kook. Step up your game."

Before Jungkook was able to retort, a sound of urgency escaped from Taehyung's mouth as he piped up once again.

"Wait, Kook, what's in it for me?"

The shorter man just grinned, sticking his hands into his pockets.

"You'll see." 


"You two are ing idiots. Like, I- holy . I don't even know where to start."

Jungkook and Taehyung looked up to see Jimin staring down at them, arms crossed against his chest and disapproving look piercing into them. His orange hair was falling into his eyes, partially blocking his sight, but he couldn't have cared less and just glared at the two sitting before him disapprovingly.

"Are you seriously planning on robbing the local convenience store for all the candy? Guys, that's literally a legal criminal offense. You guys could get thrown in jail for that. How stupid do you actually have to be to think that this could go well?"

Taehyung disregarded him with a wave of his hand, looking as though he had already thought through all of that (which Jimin knew that he hadn't).

"Don't worry about it, Chim. Did you forget that Yoongi works at the convenience store? He'll be sure to erase the video surveillance cameras for us and-"

"-and he wants to keep his job, so he'll be sure to call the cops on you as soon as he hears your stupid ing plan and you'll both end up in jail and we'll have to come bail you out with the money that we don't have. You're an adult, Tae. You both are. You should know this."

Taehyung let out a sad sigh, his shoulders deflating as Jungkook just looked between the two of them confusedly, just wanting to get on with this plan.

"Jiminnie, why do you have to be a voice of reason in times like this? Why can't you be a voice of reason in more important situations, like, if one of us was going to trash a school and get detention-"

"THAT'S PRETTY MUCH WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN, EXCEPT INSTEAD OF DETENTION, IT'S JAIL."

Taehyung pouted and scrunched up his nose, about to say something, but Jungkook beat him to it.

"Hey, wait, Chim, I just noticed something."

The boy raised an eyebrow, turning to look at Jungkook who had a pillow case in his hands.

"What?"

Jungkook looked as though he chewed on something, debating how exactly he was going to break this information to Jimin. Jungkook first looked at Jimin and then to Taehyung, both of whom were staring at him and waiting for him to go on.

"Well, okay, you're the oldest one here, but you're also the shortest-"

"Do you want to die?"

Jungkook just threw his hands up in the air as if he was surrendering, going back to his small pillowcase and staring at it. Taehyung scrunched his nose some more and pursed his lips, watching the young boy play around with the empty white sack.

"Hey, Jimin, you wanna know a secret?" 

The orange haired boy slowly raised an eyebrow, turning to face Taehyung who was sitting with a smirk on his face.


"No, Taehyung- that's not the point-"

"-but you get so much free candy, my dear Jimothy."

"...Fine."


A mask covering up the bottom half of his face, Jimin buried himself as deep as he could into his hands. His palms shielded his eyes and a beanie was pulled down over his bright orange hair, the boy himself donning black clothing to make sure he blended into the night. In front of him were Taehyung and Jungkook, both way too eager and way too happy about the prospect of robbing a convenience store.

Which, by the way, Yoongi still worked at.

Jimin could not believe that he actually agreed to do this. He stupidly accepted Taehyung's offer to go with them because he was a er for candy. He loved chocolate, no question about it, and he could not believe that, in his moment of weakness, he succumbed to the idea of having so much of it for free.

He wanted to punch himself. 

But candy was so ing good.

It was too late now, anyway, as the streetlights started turning on to light up the dark roads. Taehyung and Jungkook were due to watch over the latter's neighbour's kids in a few hours, and so the three of them had decided to strike early so that they could make it back in time to take the small children out for trick-or-treating.

ing hell, Jimin couldn't believe that he was going to jail for some chocolate.

As they got closer to the convenience store, Jimin could feel himself slowing down and increasing the distance between himself and the other two, almost as if he wasn't a part of their black-clad group. Unfortunately, Taehyung noticed and pulled him forwards so that the three of them were standing side by side, making it more than obvious that they were together. The white pillowcase was still in Jungkook's hand, albeit crushed up so that he could hold it in the palm of his fist.

The door swung open and a small beep rang throughout the shop, Jimin wanting to fold in on himself when he heard Yoongi's voice singing 'welcome' to them as they walked in.

Immediately, Taehyung and Jungkook ran to where the candy was kept, and although Jimin wanted to join them, just to see what the convenience store was carrying, he walked up towards Yoongi at the cash, making sure to keep his face down so that the older wouldn't recognize him. He coughed and spoke, making sure to lower his voice.

"Uhh, good evening there, uhh, sir. I just wanted to let you know that those two boys over there-"

"-are planning on stealing all the candy? Yeah, I know, sunshine. Taehyung texted me about it earlier. He asked me to get ready to wipe the surveillance cameras or something, I don't know, I'm not going to do it. Now you can stop pretending to be some weird middle-aged dude walking around in tight black skinny jeans. Did you think I just wouldn't recognize you? You're wearing my jacket too, in case you didn't realize."

Jimin's head snapped up as he looked at Yoongi with wide eyes, the man just tilting his head to the side, blond locks falling gently.

"You saw through me so easily... I-"

"Sunshine, please. We've been dating for almost three years now. I think I'd recognize you."

Jimin's nose twitched and he pulled his face mask down, exposing his nose and slightly chapped lips. He stuck both hands into his jean pockets, looking over to where Jungkook and Taehyung were now not-so-silently stuffing chocolate bars into the pillow case.

He and Yoongi shared a look and the younger sighed, pulling out his wallet.

"Can we just let them think that they pulled off a crime? I mean, it's Tae and Kook. It's not like they're going to suddenly gain a ton of confidence and pull off mass murders throughout the city. I think it's safe to let them think they're rebels for tonight."

Yoongi seemed to contemplate this for a minute, watching as Taehyung giggled at Jungkook, making the younger's smile slowly grow on his face. He noticed how, after they stuffed more than enough chocolate into the small pillowcase, Jungkook slowly grabbed Taehyung's hand lacing their fingers together as he looked at the older boy with all the kindness and softness in the world, and how Taehyung looked back at him just the same, pressing a light kiss on the top of Jungkook's head, right on the swirl where his hair began.

He watched them forget about the chocolate for just a second, lost in their own world, and he thought that, yeah, okay, maybe he could let them think that they were being rebellious.

But only just for tonight.

Yoongi nodded to Jimin, he too pulling out his wallet. 

"Wait, sunshine, I need to know how much they're taking so that I know how much to put in. Can you go check for me? Or, at least just count the chocolate bars left on the shelf? Either one is fine. I don't think those kids were keeping track anyway."

Jimin nodded and headed towards the two younger boys, asking them in a low voice how much they had taken.

Oblivious (or just stupid), Taehyung spoke loudly, loud enough for even Yoongi to hear at the front of the store. He seemed to be very proud of their haul.

"We got six Aero bars, twelve Mars bars, four Kitkats, two Snickers and one pack of those mini Twix bites!"

Jimin's jaw dropped wide open and he turned to stare at Yoongi who looked at him similarly. He then whipped around back to Jungkook and Taehyung who had started giggling again, absolutely ecstatic.

"Guys, that's basically a hundred dollars!"

The youngest one nodded rapidly, even back teeth visible from how widely he was smiling. He opened up his pillowcase for Jimin to look, and the boy was amazed by how prepared they seemed to be for this. He nodded approvingly at them, taking a step back while pointing behind him.

"'You know, umm, good job, guys. How about you just head on back over to Kook's house without me, 'cause uh, I'll be just a minute. I forgot something."

Neither Taehyung nor Jungkook questioned this and gave him a thumbs up, making their way towards the closed door of the small convenience store. Jimin all but ran to where Yoongi was standing, mouth moving but no words actually coming out.

"I... I don't know where to begin."

Yoongi just shrugged his shoulders, also out of words and just opened his wallet, pulling out a fifty dollar bill. Jimin did as well, and the cashier just stuffed the two into the register, too tired and exasperated to try and figure out if he overpaid or underpaid.

It was about right, anyway.

The two stared at each other for a minute, not sure what to do before Jimin awkwardly put up a hand, walking out towards the exit.

"Bye, uh, Yoongi."

"Yeah. See you soon, sunshine."


Jimin walked into Jungkook's house, only to find the actual resident of said house kneeling on the ground and staring down at their pile of chocolate, Taehyung glaring at him from the sofa, unopened Mars bar in hand.

The orange haired boy pulled off his beanie, carefully walking into the tense room.

"What's going on, guys?"

Taehyung's eyes shot up to him, pain and betrayal evident in them. He opened his mouth to say something, closed it, and then looked at Jungkook again before he fixed his gaze onto Jimin's body once more.

He did that three more times, all while Jungkook stared into the chocolate (to Jimin, it looked like he was trying to their souls out or something), and then the doorbell rang.

The youngest's head snapped around to stare at the clock and he groaned, throwing his head back. Jungkook slowly got up off of the ground and walked over to his front door, opening the door all the way and putting on a huge fake smile as children streamed into his house. They were screaming already, and Jungkook did his best to not look like he wanted to kill them.

"Hi, Jungkook. Thanks for agreeing to take the kids. I know they're a hassle, but I promise to pay you for it this time."

That made the brunet smile weakly, nodding at the woman who stood at the door. Without saying another word to her or even bidding her goodbye, Jungkook just closed the door on her, walking back into the now child-infested room.

The only reason he ever agreed to take care of them was because he knew that Taehyung could do it. However, he stopped, frozen, at the doorway to the room because the children were closing in on his pile of chocolate that sat right in the middle.

"Oh, ing hell no you don't, you little s!"

Not the ideal way to speak to children, but Jungkook managed to scare them enough to throw all the candy back into the pillowcase and get them all running to Taehyung who seemed to be a permanent addition to his couch now.

Jungkook looked Taehyung dead in the eye, holding up the pillowcase.

"Taehyung, I decided. I'm returning it. It was fun while it lasted and a good adrenaline rush, but I can't eat this candy knowing that we stole it. What kind of role models are we going to be for the kids if we just take it?"

The older boy sat straight up, throwing his legs off the couch.

"No, don't you dare, Jungkook. Even if you return it, they'll know that we stole it in the first place, and we'll get into some deep just because of that. We got away already, there's no need to bring it back."

Jimin's eyes were wide, understanding both sides of the argument, but low-key wanting Jungkook to give into Taehyung because, , he and Yoongi already paid for the chocolate, goddamnit! Also, he was very concerned about these small children who were certainly going to end up learning quite a colourful vocabulary that may have made Yoongi proud, but definitely not their mother.

"Guys, how about you both just chill out-"

"No, you know what, I'm going to ing return this candy to Yoongi and you're not going to stop me, Taehyung."

Taehyung's jaw locked, head tilted to one side.

"Try me, Jeon."

They had a staring contest for a minute, neither of them giving in, when Jungkook suddenly bolted, sprinting out the front door of his house in nothing more but a thin t-shirt and sweatpants.

Taehyung sat in shock for a minute, blinking at the front door before he too sprang up, chasing Jungkook out of his house.

"JEON JUNGKOOK, I SWEAR TO GOD, COME BACK HERE." 


"...and that'll be $2.97. Thank you very much, have a nice day-"

"YOONGI! HERE IS CHOCOLATE."

Both Yoongi and the customer he was serving jumped out of pure fright, the door to the small convenience store slamming open and Jungkook strolling in, only slightly panting.

"UMM, THANK YOU SIR, I HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE REST OF YOUR DAY."

The man Yoongi was serving nodded quickly, running out of the store through the door that Jungkook oh so kindly held open for him. The brunet just walked towards Yoongi, throwing the pillowcase onto the counter. What started as a confident face soon crumbled, tears quick to make their way onto Jungkook's face, a permanent frown forming as Jungkook did his best not to cry.

"I'm sorry, Yoongi. I'm so sorry. Tae and I stole chocolate and... and I couldn't keep it. I feel so bad, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Please don't tell anyone, please, please don't tell anyone. I don't want to go to jail. I just wanted to have some chocolate. Yoongi, I'm so sorry."

He blinked a few times and placed a gentle hand onto Jungkook's shoulder, the other one sliding the pillowcase of chocolate slowly closer to him.

"Don't worry about it, Jungkook. You did the right thing, returning the chocolate. You've learned your lesson and, let's be honest, that's all that really matters, right?"

The taller brunet sniffed and nodded, wiping his eyes harshly with the back of his hand. That was when Taehyung flew into the store, a pack of small children right behind him and ready to kill have some candy.

"Jungkook! Did you..."

The brunet nodded and walked over to where Taehyung was standing and, after looking at him for a few brief moments, Taehyung clicked his tongue and opened his arms wide, bringing the younger into a hug.

"Aww, don't worry about it, Kook. Let's just take the kids out trick-or-treating and maybe take a lollipop or two from them, yeah?"

Jungkook nodded and they led the children out of the store, not forgetting to wave goodbye to Jimin and Yoongi.

When they were finally out of sight, Yoongi pulled the pillowcase out from under the counter and placed it directly on top, right in between him and Jimin. They stared at each other for a second, Yoongi briefly glancing at the cash register, then he raised an eyebrow.

Jimin nodded and they both grinned, opening the pillowcase and pulling out the multitudes of chocolate. He smiled as he stuffed a Twix bite into his mouth, watching as Yoongi did the same.

"Best. Halloween. Ever."


a/n: DISCLAIMER: I IN NO WAY CONDONE THE ACT OF STEALING, THEFT OR ANY SORT OF CRIMINAL ACTIVITY AT ALL. THIS IS P U R E L Y FICTION AND IS NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW THE ACTIONS OF ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS.


in case yall didn't believe me (holy chocolate is expensive wtf)

and pay your babysitters! they don't want to be with your kids just as much as you don't