Chapter 3

'Betterer' Isn't a Word

It was finally lunch time and Yoongi was dragging an over-excited Jung Hoseok to the cafeteria. He had texted Jimin earlier, telling him that there would be an extra addition to their table, and the younger happily agreed that he should bring him.

Yoongi was definitely not as excited nor happy as the other two. Quite the opposite, really.

Finding an empty table and immediately crashing down onto it, the blond male decided to take a nap before either of the other two arrived.

Hoseok was not about to let that happen.

He continually questioned the older man, asking him about his hobbies, his favourite foods, his favourite colour and all sort of other things. Hoseok just would not shut up no matter what. It seemed like he just had an endless source of random, stupid questions that he shot at Yoongi left and right, disregarding any and everything else. He was in his own world, more than happy to drag anyone else into it with him. It was like a black hole, once you were in, there was no way out.

Either to Yoongi's fortune or his unfortunate demise, Taehyung and Jimin soon showed up, successfully shutting Hoseok up. It was as if they had some sort of spell on him that disallowed him to speak, his mouth unable to open.

Thank the lord.

His peace was very short-lived, however, since almost instantly, Jimin began running his mouth off at Hoseok, the other opening up quite quickly and talking just as rapidly with just as much enthusiasm. He was quick to offer his seat that was next to Yoongi to Jimin, getting up and landing a spot beside Taehyung.

He didn't plan that.

Not at all.

...

You can't prove it.

So here Hoseok, Taehyung, Jimin and Yoongi were, the former three quite lively and boisterous, the latter ready to strangle some certain people. 

As soon as Hoseok had seated himself beside Taehyung, the latter gasped, hitting the older man almost immediately.

"Ow! What was that for?"

Taehyung glared at him, eyes hard.

"You're the one from this morning that made me hit Jiminnie in the face! Why are you here? What the hell man? Apologize! I don't even understand why you popped up so abruptly in front of me! You're lucky I didn't have a heart attack! Then you would've had to pay for the hospital bills and Jiminnie here would come find you and take you down! Do you know that he has his black belt in taekwondo? I bet you didn't. He will hunt you forever. Isn't that right, Chimchim?"

"You know it, Taetae!"

Hoseok stared at the two of them, suddenly very scared but oddly... ?

Yoongi, sitting directly across from Hoseok, watched the man his lips ever so slightly, crying on the inside the entire time.

What had he ever done to deserve this? Why would he be so tormented? Was there someone who hated him? Yoongi saw no valid reason for why any of this may have been happening to him. He was just a small child, new to this world and so afraid of everything.

Who was he kidding? He was Min Yoongi. Min Yoongi takes from no one.

Except his mom. His mom is the sweetest woman on the earth but would be able to kill him in three swift movements. That woman is a monster. That's why he grew up to be like this. His mom was the sole cause of his personality, it being nurtured and growing from the depths of her hatred, blossoming into something filled with pure evil, encased in a beautiful, shimmering embodiment. That was the being that was Min Yoongi. She had constructed him to appear so harmless but become so deadly. He was wicked, able to beat you down in one single kick, harsh words burning you like fire-

"Jiminnie! What have you done!"

And now there was a full cup of bright red fruit punch dumped right on his crotch.

.

"Oh my god, Jiminnie! Go get some paper towels or something! Yoongi, is it going to stain? Are your pants going to be okay? Good god, what is happening today?"

Yoongi shook his head because yes, goddamnit, it was going to stain. It was red fruit punch, what else did you expect? He bought these pants last week, and he was more excited than he'd like to admit to wear them. They were very nice beige pants, hugging his legs quite snuggly but still allowing them to breathe.

Now they were ruined. Dead. Lost forever in the depths of cherry red pools, the sugar swallowing them whole and spitting them back out into this mess that was his pants.

The cafeteria doors slammed open, one certain Park Jimin running in with metres and metres of paper towel trailing behind him. All eyes in the room followed him, watching as he fell to his knees right in front of the table, throwing all the paper onto the ground and assessing the damage.

Without thinking, he bit his lip, ripped some of the paper towel off and began wiping the area dry, using more force than necessary.

Yoongi was not expecting that.

"Oh- OH! JIMIN! JIMIN, STOP, STOP, PLEASE STOP. OH MY GOD. PARK JIMIN, STOP MOVING YOUR HAND. HOLY GOD, JIMIN." Jimin promptly ceased his movements, coming to a full stop, unsure of what was happening until he finally understood the situation. His cheeks flushed redder than the stain, and he retracted his hand before getting up. He threw the rest of the paper onto Yoongi's crotch, running out of the cafeteria once more.

The three left at the table (and actually the whole student body that just witnessed the scene) were speechless. Taehyung swallowed a few times, trying to comprehend what just happened.

"I'm... I'm going to go try to find him. I'll uhh, I'll be back."

The blond male nodded weakly, unable to believe that any of that had just happened. Hoseok awkwardly rolled back and forth on his feet, not sure what to do or say. Not caring, Yoongi shakily stood up, holding the paper towels to keep them in place. He hobbled towards the bathroom, leaving Hoseok to stand there by himself. Every single person in the cafeteria watched him exit, kind of confused and very intrigued. 

When Yoongi had reached the bathroom, he locked himself in one of the stalls, putting down the lid and sitting on top of the toilet. He stared at the door, mind blank. He pulled out his phone, calling his mom to ask her to bring him some pants, telling her he'd explain later. While thinking about nothing and everything at once, he heard the bathroom door open, two voices filtering in.

"Oh my god, Tae, I actually just did that. Holy . Jesus Christ almighty I'm going to die. Oh my god. Tae, Tae, what do I do? Oh my god."

"Jimin, Jimin, breathe. Come on, in-" Yoongi heard Jimin in (oh god) and hold it.

"-and out." The air quickly deflated from the boy's lungs, him sounding quite out of breath afterwards.

He really needed to get his head out of the gutter.

"Okay, Jiminnie, don't worry about it, yeah? I'm sure if you just go up to Yoongi and apologize, everything will be okay. Yeah? So don't freak out. Just be calm and collected. Don't worry."

"But Tae, I don't know if I can. It's just, he's really-" Yoongi couldn't hear any more, Jimin having lowered his pitch and volume so only Taehyung could hear. He'll admit, he was slightly disappointed, wanting to know what Jimin said about him, but he was also relieved, afraid to know if Jimin secretly hated him. Not realizing how much time had passed, his phone vibrated, his mom telling him that she had arrived at the school with his spare pair of pants.

. Really, .

He quietly got up and unlocked the stall door, only to find Jimin and Taehyung staring directly at him. Their eyes were filled with shock and horror, and he was sure that his own reflected the same. Yoongi awkwardly smiled, making a small hand gesture and threw all the paper towels into the trash can, bolting out of the bathroom as quickly as he could. He didn't look back once.

Although, he could've sworn that he heard a voice quietly screaming in the background, yelling "WHY, TAEHYUNG?"


No, Yoongi was not silently screaming the entire time he was lying on his bed after that long, stressful day at school no matter how much you tried to convince him that he was. He was not having an internal breakdown, already terrified to go to school the next day.

Of course not.

Only a wimp would do that, and that's one thing that Min Yoongi is not. He may be a lot of things, but a wimp, he is not.

He's trying to convince himself of that right as we speak.

Jimin was in quite a similar situation, however, he had Taehyung with him to suffer alongside him and console him as well. That kid was a true friend. Always there for you when you need him the most. And when you don't. He's just generally always there.

Anyway, after their rather unfortunate first day, Taehyung had called Jungkook over to Jimin's house, the latter having locked himself and Taehyung in his room, refusing to let anyone come in unless they had fried chicken. No one had told the youngest about that, but he knew. He definitely knew. As soon as he had received the phone call ("hey Kookie, Jiminnie spilt red punch all over this older kid named Yoongi's crotch and then tried cleaning the older guys crotch right in the middle of the entire school"), he knew that Jimin would be an inch away from death.

Kicking open the door since he couldn't be bothered to even try to get the other two to open it for him, he was met with the sight of the oldest buried so deeply under so many blankets that he wasn't even sure that he was there. The only thing that had him convinced was the fact that Taehyung was poking the huge lump, trying to coerce him into speaking.

"Hi Tae, I'm assuming Minnie's under there? That kid, he's a real idiot, you know that?" Taehyung nodded his head, patting the spot beside him, indicating Jungkook to have a seat on the bed. The younger complied, plopping down and opening his box of chicken, Taehyung swiping a piece from the box.

"Chimchim~ Kookie's here and he brought chicken! Come on, please come out? You've been like this for the past three hours-"

"Three hours? That's crazy!"

"Yeah, I know right?" Jungkook shook his head, chewing his piece of chicken and thinking. 

He couldn't fathom why Jimin would be like this. It made absolutely no sense, and he couldn't come up with any logical reasoning, unless,

"Hey, Min?"

Sticking his head out from the blankets from being unable to resist the chickeny goodness, Jimin grunted slightly, urging the younger to go on. He also nudged Taehyung's left arm with his foot that was still tangled in the bed sheets, and the man in turned picked up a piece of chicken with his other hand, feeding himself and Jimin at the same time.

This is what we call real friendship, people.

Jungkook chewed a little while more, watching the whole exchange go down. After the brunet had taken three full bites and was in the midst of his fourth, the youngest let his question fall from his mouth.

"Was this Yoongi kid hot?"

Jimin choked, the chicken lodging itself in the back of his throat. Jungkook just raised an eyebrow at his reaction, his chewing motions slowing as he watched the oldest one in the room get up and out of the blankets, running to get a cup of water. He nodded, still chewing, and turned to face Taehyung who had stopped mid-bite, two pieces of half eaten chicken in his hands.

"I'd say that the kid was pretty hot then."

Taehyung shrugged, returning to his fried chicken.