Chapter 10

'Betterer' Isn't a Word

SHAMELESS ADVERTISING

MORE SHAMELESS ADVERTISING (not my story, by MinnieCrafts ^^)


Jungkook woke up bright and early the next day, ready to get on with the world. He stretched his tiny body, getting out all the kinks in his muscles. Then, he flung himself off of his bed, taking his time in picking an outfit. His phone was playing some random upbeat song that he didn't know (thanks, Spotify) and he was shaking his hips, flipping through his clothes like the pages in a magazine.

After finally deciding on an outfit, the boy realized that it was still hours away from the time to meet up. He stared at his drab hair and frowned.

He was getting crazy today.


Taehyung and Jimin were presently passed out on the younger's bed.

That is all.


Yoongi was half asleep when his alarm clock started blaring into his ear. Groaning, he slammed his hand down, effectively throwing the device onto the ground but not shutting it up. He screamed, dragging the upper half of his body out from under the blankets to stop the screeching clock. He all but broke the thing, and once realizing that it was only eight in the morning, he screamed again and went back to sleep.

These guys sure are morning people.


Jungkook was standing at the sink, towel around his shoulders as he read the instructions on the box very carefully. He didn't really understand, so he just opened the box up and got ready to dye his hair.

Please let this work.


Taehyung and Jimin are still sleeping. So is Yoongi, actually. I really don't know what you want from me. Honestly, what else do you expect from them? You watched AHL, right? Right. They're still asleep and Jungkook is dying his hair.

This is going to take a few hours.

So...

How are you guys?

Good? That's good. I'm pretty alright myself. Exams are coming up and I'm kind of stressed out but- oh. They're up? Okay. Nevermind then.

Taehyung woke up, throwing Jimin off of the bed by accident. Somehow, the months older boy still didn't wake up, instead rolling over and hugging one of Taehyung's hoodies as if it were a teddy bear.

The pink haired man his lips as he slowly blinked, waiting to fully register everything that was going on. He slid out of the warm covers, heading to the bathroom. Eyes closed, he let his muscle memory take over as he grabbed his toothbrush and toothpaste, squeezing on much more than necessary. He shoved the entire thing into his mouth, barely actually brushing.

Taehyung heard a snore from his room, a loud groan escaping from his mouth.

"Way uh, Himin! We hafta go to the parh today!"

The short brunet ignored him, causing Taehyung to walk out of the bathroom and kick Jimin in the crotch. Both men were now wide awake, one in severely more pain than the other. Trying not to choke on his spit as he was laughing too hard, Taehyung ran back to his sink and spat, now free to laugh as loudly as he wanted to.

"Kim... ing... Taehyung... I will murder you as soon as I'm not in this much pain. You messed with the wrong person-"

"Yes, yes, I know. Now please, cradle your junk some other time because we still have to go out today."

For a minute, there was only silence, before Jimin snorted.

"T-Tae, are you sure? Your face is, umm, it's still kind of covered in marker."

No one moved. 

The only noise that could be heard throughout the room was the sound of birds chirping coming from Taehyung's window that had been cracked ajar last night. Taehyung stared at Jimin and Jimin stared at Taehyung.

Then, the pink haired man whipped his head towards the mirror, face completely mortified.

"Oh my god."

"T-Tae?"

"Oh my god."

"Taehyung, are you okay?"

"OH MY GOD. PARK JIMIN."

"Kim Taehyung???? I don't know what you want me to say right now, is this an appropriate response? I- Uh?"

"PARK JIMIN, THERE IS MARKER ALL OVER MY FACE! THIS ING BEARD AND UNIBROW AND GODDAMN SWIRLS-"

"I-I thought I just told you that?-"

"-AND ALL THESE RANDOM LITTLE DRAWINGS JUNGKOOK DID WHILE HE WAS BORED. WHAT THE HELL DID WE END UP DOING LAST NIGHT? WHY DIDN'T WE GET THIS MARKER OFF OF MY FACE?"

The orange haired boy pursed his lips, trying to remember what they exactly got up to last night. He gasped, pointing a finger up into the air.

"Didn't you come home and wake me up, then we tried cleaning your face for maybe two full seconds before you said you were tired and passed out on the bed? I'm pretty sure that's what happened."

"..."

"Am I ri-"

"Call Jungkook. We can't go. Not like this."

"I mean, maybe you can't go, but I can-"

"Park Jimin, we can't go."

"Okay, okay. Jeez. I'll call him in a minute." 


Jungkook washed the dye out of his hair and looked in the mirror.

His eyes bulged out and he grabbed the small carton.

"What the ? I thought it was supposed to be black? Why is it blond?" 


"Min Yoongi, you lazy little bastard! You better be awake or I swear to god, I'm coming up there and dragging you out of that bed before I throw you and it into the dumpster! You need to leave in twenty minutes! Get up!"

Yoongi screamed, rolling out of his bed, but clutching onto the blankets very tightly. He was a little Yoongi-burrito, inching his way towards the door. He somehow opened it with his face, looking up to his very much unimpressed mother.

"Get up."

"No."

"I am not afraid to kick that face. Get up."

Yoongi scrunched his nose up at his mother, worming his way out of the blankets that had served as his only source of comfort and warmth. Now very cold and grumpy, he shimmied towards his parental figure, and her face melted before she opened her arms and engulfed him in a hug.

"Aww, is my little kid cold?"

Yoongi nodded, trying to get every last bit of warmth in his mother's arms.

They stayed like that for a few seconds before she hit his back, letting go of him.

"Alright, kid. Go get dressed. I still have to bring you to the amusement park. When you get back, you have to tell me how your date went, okay?"

The blond man's face went bright red, no real words coming out of his mouth as he was rendered speechless, spluttering at his parent.

"M-mom! What the hell? It's not a date! There are four of us going! It's not just me and Jimin!"

"Oh, then it's a double date. Oh, and her name is Jimin . Interesting. Tell me how it goes anyway."

She waved her hand dismissively, not caring if it was one-on-one or ten-on-ten. Her little Min Yoongi was finally getting out there and meeting a girl and soon she would have beautiful grandchildren and they would buy their own house and she could mooch off of them and-

"Mom! Jimin's just my friend! He's not my boyfriend, and neither are Taehyung and Jungkook! They're all younger than me anyway, so... so... either way, Jimin and I aren't dating! No way."

"Wait, you're going out with guys?"

Yoongi froze, not sure if this was a trick question or not.

"Umm, yes?"

There go her plans of having grandchildren. Well, she supposes that Yoongi and this Jimin kid could adopt children for her, but that didn't seem likely to happen.

"So you're gay?"

"MOM!"

"Is that a yes?"

"Mother,  please."

She pursed her lips, crossing her arms and staring down at her son.

"Min Yoongi, this refusal to answer my question is sure making you look suspicious, I hope you realize that. I'm about 70% sure you're gay, child."

"I'll do the dishes for a week, just please don't ask me anymore, mom."

"You're supposed to do them anyway. No deal."

Yoongi just pouted and shut the door in his mother's face. He changed, and when he opened the door to head downstairs, his mother was surprisingly still there, waiting for him. 

"I'm not going to stop asking you, so you either give me an answer right now, or I'm just going to assume that you're 100% homoual and move on with my life. Either way, I do believe that the answer will be that you're gay, so it's really your choice whether you want to answer me or not."

"Jesus , okay, god, you're so annoying! Yes, dearest mother, I'm gay, okay? Happy? I will never be giving you biological grandchildren. Now, can we please get a move on? I need to be at the amusement park. You said so yourself."

His mother bit her tongue and looked at the clock hanging from the wall in the hallway. Yoongi followed her line of sight, seeing that the hour hand pointed cleanly to the nine. His jaw went slack.

"You tricked me."

"Trick is a harsh word, son."

"I'm going back to sleep."

He turned to go back into his room, but his mother grabbed ahold of his shoulders and turned him around to face her.

"No no no no no. You said you'd do the dishes for a week."

"That was if you stopped asking me if I was gay or not and-"

"I did stop asking. Now, do the dishes that you left in the sink from three in the morning. I know you came back from that boy Taehyung's house and then went to your room with some soup. Don't think you can trick me, because I know. Wash your goddamn dishes you child." 

After much more arguing and pointless commentary, Yoongi was stood at the sink ready to wash some dishes-

"MOM! THERE'S LITERALLY ONE BOWL IN HERE. ONE."

"WELL YOU SHOULD HAVE WASHED IT EARLIER ANYWAY SO JUST GET TO IT, ALRIGHT? JEEZ, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE TALKING TO?"

The blond child turned back towards the sink, mimicking his mom.

"'Who do you think you're talking to?'  Talking to my goddamnit."

"WHAT WAS THAT? DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY TO ME, MIN YOONGI?"

"NO, MOTHER, I ING HAVE NOTHING TO SAY TO YOU."

"DAMN RIGHT. WASH THE DISHES. AND WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE."

"WONDER WHERE I GOT IT FROM?" 


"No! No, why? Why? Why is my hair blond? No, I didn't want this! It was supposed to be black- no!"

Jungkook was on his knees and staring into the mirror when his phone rang. Tears were streaming down his face as he picked it up, and instead of attempting to construct any sort of sentence or make a pass at starting a conversation, he just screamed.

"Hey, Jungkook? Yeah, Tae and I-"

"NO!"

The phone fell to his side, call not ended but Jungkook not giving one .

"Why?"


Jimin pulled the phone away from his ear when Jungkook started screaming at him. 

"J-Jungkook? Are you okay?"

A loud why resonated from the speaker before sobs followed right after, the brunet hanging up the call with pursed lips. He stared at Taehyung who was still scrubbing his face, not really sure what just happened.

"Umm, Tae? I think Jungkook knows that we're not going."

The man's eyebrows furrowed together, the boy looking at Jimin through the mirror.

"What do you mean, you think? Did you tell him or not? I don't want him to be disappointed or something, and I definitely don't want him to just show up there by himself."

Weighing the circumstances and how the young boy reacted, Jimin would say that he did know.

"I'm pretty sure that he does know." 

"Yeah?" 

"Yeah." 


"No!"


Yoongi was ready to cry.

His mother had taken away his laptop, his phone, his consoles, literally everything and left him to sulk on the couch. He watched the second hand slowly tick, waiting for it to be 10:30 so that he could just leave the house to meet up with Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin.

There was still more than an hour to go.

"MOM! PLEASE!"

"PLEASE WHAT?"

"I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYMORE. I JUST WANT TO DO SOMETHING."

"GO OUTSIDE."

"MOM, WHAT THE HELL. WHY DO YOU EVEN THINK THAT IS AN OPTION? WHY WOULD I ACTUALLY GO OUTSIDE AND DO... SPORTS? OR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AT ALL? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM? I WANT MY LAPTOP BACK, MOTHER. I NEED THE INTERNET."

"YOU USELESS CHILD. GO OUTSIDE."

"I'LL GO LATER. GIVE ME MY LAPTOP. OR MY PHONE. SOMETHING. PLEASE."

"NO."

" YOU."

There was the sound of stomping down the stairs and Yoongi immediately sat up, holding a couch cushion out in front of him. He was only a second too late, his mother's six-inch stilettos hitting him right in the crown jewels.

He crumbled to the ground, crying in pain.

", , , -"

"Now you have something to do for the next two hours. Have fun."

She was the devil reincarnated.

Pure evil.


"Jungkook, dear, are you alright? I heard you screaming, and I was wondering if you were okay?"

The now blond boy walked out of the bathroom and right into his father's arms. He sobbed once, and then he turned and went back to his room.

"Jungkook? Is your hair blond?"

"Yes. It's awful. I'm so sad."

His father followed him to his room and watched the boy fall face first onto his bed.

"Wake me up when we have to leave."

"Ah, okay."


During the entire car ride to the amusement park, Jungkook was frowning. He poked at his lifeless hair, not sure what to do with it. He wasn't going to dye it immediately again, that would ruin his hair. He definitely didn't want to shave it all off, but that was actually seeming like a pretty decent option at this point. The boy sighed, putting on his red beanie to cover up all of the blond mess.

How did Yoongi pull it off so well? It looked so good on him, but then on Jungkook it just looked, bad.

This .

Dying your hair .

Jungkook was upset, if you couldn't tell.

"Dad, does my hair look bad?"

His father looked up from the road, glancing at the young boy through the rearview mirror before diverting his eyes back to the front.

"No, honestly, I think it looks pretty nice. You got good genes, kid. I once dyed my hair that colour too-"

"Here we go."

"-when I was your age..." 


"Yoongi, you know I love you, right?"

The boy pursed his lips, staring out the window of the moving vehicle with his arms crossed. He looked at his mother from the side of his eyes, flipping his hair to one side and peering out of the window again.

"Mmhmm."

His mother bit her bottom lip, seeing the exit sign. She reasoned that about an hour was more than enough time.

"Yoongi, how do you feel about the colour green?"


Jungkook arrived at the amusement park, stumbling out of the toxic environment that was his car. His father, after telling the very long story behind his once blond locks, started crying about his childhood and how Jungkook shouldn't waste his and how he was so proud of his son for being able to find good friends that wanted to hang out with him after school, not just people who pretended to like his blond hair and would secretly make fun of him and spread rumours about him throughout the school.

Yeah, Jungkook thought that there were some pretty hard implications there.

His dad must have had a pretty hard childhood.

Anyway, he got out of the car (he left his beanie in there, though) and waved goodbye while his father slowly drove away. Not really sure what to do with himself since he was about ten minutes early, Jungkook just sat on the curb and drew on the ground with a stick.

"Little blond Kookie... Jiminnie walking with Taetae and Yoongi is on Seokjin's back... haha... Namjoon is holding Jin's hand... haha!"

The blond boy started muttering to himself, making himself laugh at the crazy situations he was thinking of.

"What the hell are you laughing about?"

Jungkook looked up and was met face to face with a no longer blond Min Yoongi, but instead with a brand new mint green Yoongi.

Hair-wise, that is.

"Whoa... Your hair!"

Yoongi smirked, running his hand through it lightly.

"Yeah, my mom just brought me to dye it. Looks like you did something to yours too. Why blond? I never struck you as the type to go for blond. I thought you would have just stuck to something like black, or a shade near it. Maybe purple or something. Not blond. Wow. It looks good on you, kid."

He ruffled the boy's hair and cracked a smile before he too joined Jungkook on the curb. Neither of them really said anything to the other, but they drew on the ground together. Jungkook touched his hair after Yoongi had run his hand through it, not realizing that Yoongi already thought they were good friends.

He was still used to just being by himself most of the time. 

Soon, eleven had come and passed without any of them realizing. Checking his phone, Yoongi had jumped up when he saw that it was already 11:57.

". Jungkook, can you call Taehyung? Ask them where they are? Because it's almost noon. We were supposed to meet an hour ago."

", really? I'll call him now."

The boy keyed in a few numbers and waited for the pink haired man to pick up. The phone rang for a while, before an out of breath boy picked up the phone.

"Y-yes, hello, J-Jungkookie?"

Jungkook was frozen for a moment, not sure what he had to say when Yoongi popped into his line of sight, eyebrow raised.

"Uhh, hi, Tae. Umm, I was just wondering, where are you and Jimin? Are you coming soon? It's already been an hour. Yoongi and I are kind of just sitting out here and not doing anything."

He walked a bit away from the mint green haired male, covering the speaker and his mouth with his hand so that Yoongi wouldn't be able to hear him.

"To be honest, it's really awkward. I'm not used to talking to him, Tae."

There was some shuffling on the other side, Jungkook assuming that Taehyung was sitting up from his previous position.

"What? No, I thought Jimin already told you we weren't going?"

The blond's head shot up and he stared Yoongi right in the eye. They both cocked their heads to the side, Yoongi out of pure confusion, Jungkook out of, well, also confusion, but a different kind.

"You... you did?"

There was a tsk, a quiet 'Park Jimin!' coming from the speaker in what Jungkook thought was the older man calling for Jimin to come confirm.

"Yeah, we called you earlier." And then, a bit quieter, "you called Jungkook earlier, right?"

"Yeah, of course I did."

"Well, did you tell him we weren't coming?"

There was silence for a while, Jungkook chewing on his bottom lip as Yoongi slowly inched closer to him.

"I mean, I tried to, but all I heard was a loud NOOOO! before I heard some sobbing after. I just thought he was devastated that we couldn't come. Did he not know?"

"Well, clearly not considering the fact that he's calling, asking where we are."

Jungkook's face was bright red, having handed the phone to Yoongi so he could cup his hot cheeks within his hands. He couldn't believe that Jimin had heard his sobbing earlier this morning about his hair. He didn't even remember that there was a phone call.

Yoongi, now in control of the phone, put it next to his ear and delicately spoke.

"Hello? Jimin? Taehyung?"

Back at Taehyung's house, Jimin had thrown the phone against the wall when he heard Yoongi's soft, sensuous voice come through.

"JIMIN!"

Taehyung's jaw dropped, eyes bulging out of his head as he immediately ran and started beating the short man up. Kicks and punches were exchanged, Taehyung's face getting more and more roughed up than clean.

"...min? ...ae...ng?"

Both of them stopped in their movements, heads shooting towards the direction of the voice. Taehyung pushed the small brunet away from him, jumping onto the bed and grabbing his phone with urgency.

"Yes, hello? Yoongi? Are you there?"

"Taehyung? Is that you? What just happened? There was a super loud noise and then silence. Are you guys okay?"

The pink haired man slowly turned to look at Jimin, lips pursed and eyes slanted.

"Yeah. We're fine. That might change in just a few minutes, though."

"Wait, what-"

The phone was thrown back onto the mattress, Taehyung jumping up into the air and crashing down on top of Jimin with a loud yell. He pinned the boy to the ground, making sure that he had no way of squirming out.

Jimin tried to reach for the phone to call for help. He inched his way over to the bed, carrying all of Taehyung on his back.

"OH MY GOD, TAEHYUNG, PLEASE, GET OFF ME!"

"NEVER! THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR-"

The boy stopped abruptly in the middle of his sentence, covering Jimin's mouth with his hands. He smirked, glancing between Jimin's scared eyes and his phone. Taehyung reached for the small device and put it on speaker before he started .

"No, Ji-Jimin, stop it! No, don't touch me the-ahh!"

The brunet's eyes went wider than you could ever have imagined, screaming into Taehyung's hand. He reached out to try and shut Taehyung the up, but the pink haired boy had him under his complete control.

Yoongi had removed the phone from his ear, face flushed red when he started hearing the noises. An ever still so red Jungkook came over and put the phone next to his own ear, jaw dropping before he squatted on the ground, covering both ears with his hands.

"No, no, no, no-"

He was rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet, not knowing or understanding what was happening.

Yoongi just quietly hung up, placing the phone at Jungkook's feet before standing there with the panicking boy.

He didn't really know what to do now.

Taehyung just burst out into laughter when he heard the call drop.


Jungkook and Yoongi, now recovered from their odd phone call, had entered the amusement park. Neither really wanted to go on any of the rides, instead opting to just sit on the benches and eat some food while they got to know each other a bit better. If Jungkook were to be honest, he didn't know anything about Yoongi except for the fact that, well, his name was Yoongi.

"So," he stuck a fry in his mouth. "kid," he chewed the fry. "tell me about yourself."

Jungkook chewed an onion ring, making sure to swallow it before speaking.

"Well, I'm twelve, in grade seven but basically grade eight because I'm that ing smart, I've known Taehyung and Jimin for just over a year now, Seokjin and I have been friends for almost... four years now, I have a brother, I'm from Busan-"

"Holy crap, kid, I meant tell me stuff about you. I'm not interested in your life story about your friends, I want to know stuff about you. What do you do in your free time? What sports do you like? What's your favourite colour?"

Yoongi leaned in for this last one, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Who's your crush?"

The small blond's face went bright red, fanning himself to prevent his body from overheating.

"Umm, well, umm, I like playing video games in my free time, umm, I actually really want to be a professional video game player when I get older. I like, soccer, I guess? Umm, I really like the colour red, it's a really nice colour, and umm, umm, my c-crush? Umm..."

Yoongi raised an eyebrow, slowly sipping from his drink while he stared Jungkook long and hard in the eye.

"Well? I'm waiting."

The blond stuttered for a few more minutes before he blurted out a name and hid his head down in his hands.

It happened so quickly that Yoongi actually had to stop and backtrack.

"I-I'm sorry? What did you just say-"

"Oh you know very well what I said-"

"No, Jungkook, I really didn't hear you. I actually didn't even realize that you'd actually tell me. Tell me again! Come on, Jungkookie!"

Immediately, both of their faces contorted into ones of disgust, both because Yoongi just called him 'Jungkookie'.

"What the hell, Yoongi?"

"Why did I just say that?"

Jungkook looked at him, judging him intensely before he remembered the topic at hand. He tapped his fingers together before drumming them on the table, doing anything to keep himself busy and not looking at the green haired man.

"Umm, I... I like... Taehyung..." His voice dropped in volume, embarrassed as he kept looking at his hands.

There was a long, dragged out whistle from the older man, and he looked up to see Yoongi smirking at him.

"Taehyung, huh? Interesting. This might get fun." 


"So, Yoongi, what do you think about Jimin?"

"W-what a-about Jimin?"


a/n: when this story is done (which it wont be for a LONG time), would you guys like me to release the whole plot line that i sorta laid out for myself? you can see the basic points i made sure to cover and see how crazy i am (._. )

long long long chapter for not updating in a while im sorry~ i have no excuses~~~~~~~ just no motivation~~~~~~~~~~~~

i found that i have people crumble down from being hit in the junk wayyyy too much

p.s SENSUOUS HAHAHA

okay bye