Idiots in a Restaurant Part 2

'Betterer' Isn't a Word

A lifeless head of orange hair laid still on the table, limbs dangling from an equally lifeless body. Park Jimin was dead on both the inside and the outside, life drained out of him from trying to deal with all the waitresses asking him if he really had five other people to eat with. He didn't think that he looked like that much of a loser. He thought that he was actually rather attractive, but apparently he was wrong. His self-esteem had taken a major blow, and now he was silently crying to himself, waiting for someone to show up.

Thankfully, at that time, Yoongi arrived with Jungkook carrying Taehyung following right behind him, not altogether too sure where they were, but not caring as long as they were allowed to trash the place. At the sight of the young boy laying unmoving on the table, Yoongi rushed towards him faster than anyone thought possible and started shaking him. Not really caring, Jungkook just stumbled towards them, all of Kim Taehyung still very much on his back.

"Jimin? Are you dead? Did the waitresses harass you too much? Did you manage to convince them that you weren't some lonely guy pretending that he had a life? Are you okay? Jimin? Come on man, Jimin, speak to me!" Jimin groaned in reply, shoving the older's hands away from his body before flipping him off. He spoke into his arm, muffling the sound of his voice.

"Shut the up, Yoongi. If you just brought those two idiots along earlier, or just came with me to do the reservation, none of this would have even happened."

He lifted his head up in the middle of his sentence, shooting daggers at the green-headed male. If looks could kill, Yoongi would be dead ten times over. As such, he simply put up his hands and backed away, sitting in a chair placed near their table. He was too tired to try to deal with any of the little pricks in front of him. Jimin was sulking now, complaining about how if they had just come earlier, then they could've all been waiting for Namjoon and Seokjin to arrive together instead of him looking like a lonely child. Idiot #1 and Idiot #2 were having the time of their lives trying to blow air at the kid through a straw without him noticing, and Namjoon and Seokjin were probably off in Namjoon's car each other's faces off instead of driving here.

He was going to shoot somebody if no one came to take their order in a second.

He didn't know where he was going to find a gun, but trust him, he was going to find a way to shoot somebody. He was Min Yoongi, after all. Min Yoongi always finds a way. He typically gets someone else to do it, but it still gets done.

Luckily, at that time, Namjoon and Seokjin finally showed up, with Namjoon's hair a bit more messy than usual, and they pulled Taehyung and Jungkook apart, making sure that they were at opposite ends of the table. They wanted tonight to be at least somewhat peaceful. If those two were together, they could only pray that something wouldn't blow up, or, at least, hope that there would be no deaths.

There had been too many casualties already.

When the oldest walked into Jimin's line of view, the short boy quickly leaped onto him, burying his face into Seokjin's newly ironed shirt.

"Jin! Tae and Kookie were being mean and were trying to annoy me! They kept throwing things at me and blowing air at me through straws, and they wouldn't stop-"

Seokjin pushed the younger's head away using both hands, trying to limp his way to the table with an extra body hanging onto his waist. Jimin may be small, but he can sure hold onto something.

"Yes, of course- I- Jimin can you get off of me! For god's sake, we're here in a restaurant to have dinner, not pretend that it's a playground and I'm the monkey bars. Sit down and wait for someone to come and take our order." 

Seokjin pried Jimin's arms off of him, handing him off to Namjoon who proceeded to lift him up and drop him in his seat, consoling the boy now on the verge of tears. He whispered quietly to him, patting his head at the same time.

"Hey, Seokjin, why the are you two so goddamn late? Do you know when our reservation was for? You're 20 minutes late and so far all you've done is cause trouble and make it noisier than it was before. Can we get this over with so I can take a nap? I'm tired man. I've been sitting here taking care of these kids and making sure they don't die on me. That takes an enormous toll on the body and the mind, you know that? At my age, you can't trust me to do these things anymore. You need to find someone young and hip who can go up and down the stairs with no problem. You were probably having some fun with Namjoon before you get here, huh? Just not even stopping to think about these guys, and hey, where are you going? I'm not done talking to you!"

The oldest male walked away in the middle of Yoongi trying to lecture him with cheeks a rosy pink. He refused to deal with this. He was not interested in hearing what Yoongi thought he and Namjoon did, no matter how correct it may have been. He was finding someone to take his order, because if the waiters weren't coming to him, he was going to them.

Face a tad more pissed off than he had originally planned, he slammed placed his hands down on the front counter, successfully frightening every employee behind the desk. One of the female workers pushed another to face him, and he quickly calmed down, a breathtaking smile breaking out on his face.

"H-hello, how can I help you?" The woman was very nervous, not sure if the man in front of her was dangerous or not, but she still took the safe approach and decided to start with a greeting. A greeting could never hurt.

"Hi there, I'm Seokjin, but you can just call me Jin. Actually, I already have a table for six, and we're all ready to order, but since it's a bit of a mess over there, could I just tell you my order here? I don't want you to have to get caught up in everything that's happening over there, what with the three kids going at each other's necks. It's horrendous."

"Oh, pleased to meet you, I'm Vivian, and I'd be glad to take your order. Just follow me over here so that we don't cause a line." She led him over to the register and waited for him to follow her through the sea of people making their way into the reataurant. Her mood had dropped considerably when she realized that the man now known as Seokjin had kids. Since he wasn't with them, that probably meant that he had some sort of significant other taking care of them.

Of course he did. 

This man was on fire.

But her job came first before her feelings, and she diligently took his order, trying her best not to stare at him too often for too long. She was failing miserably, but she hoped that he didn't notice.

They always notice, though. You know they do.

Right when Seokjin was prepaying for the food, another quite attractive male made his way towards them. Thinking it was her lucky day, Vivian straightened up, throwing her hair over her shoulder to get it out of her face. Seokjin was busy staring at the pin pad, so he didn't notice anything that was happening. That was when an arm wrapped around his waist and Vivian's whole world shattered into pieces once again.

"Hey Jinnie, Tae's getting kinda antsy since he's not being allowed to mess around with Jungkook, so do you mind if I take him out for a while before the food gets here? Yoongi's taking care of the other two, making sure they don't burn this place down, but I think he's pretty close to passing out. How are things going here?"

"Yeah yeah, take him out for a walk or something. You know what, take all three of them. I'm just paying for the food right now, so it probably won't get here for another twenty to thirty minutes. There's a park down the street, I'm pretty sure. And Yoongi needs a nap anyway. You know that he shouldn't be working himself that hard. Every day he just sits at his desk, whiling the day away and he never takes a break. This'll give him at least some time. Now go, shoo, let the kids be free."

Namjoon smiled and pecked the older's lips quickly before heading back to their table. Vivian's eyes followed him the entire time before he eventually disappeared from her sight. She somewhat sensed Seokjin thanking her and walking away, but her mind was too far to fully grasp anything.

Next thing she knew, she saw the man who was talking to Seokjin walk out of the restaurant with three grown men, all of whom seemed to be much too cheerful and hyper for their age.

Maybe she was going crazy.


When the four arrived at the park, Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook immediately went off to the swings, racing to get there first since there were only two adult swings. Unfortunately for Taehyung, the other two got there first, sticking their tongues out at him and making stupid faces. Namjoon took the sad child into his arms, letting him sit between his legs as they watched the other two swinging back and forth, making occasional motions that seemed like they were trying to kick each other off the swings. At some point, Taehyung had gotten up and behind him, and he really could not have cared any less what happened. He felt hands in his hair, but he was too focused on making sure that neither Jungkook nor Jimin died.

Lord knows that it would've been too easy to just let them die.

If that happened, though, Namjoon was 500% sure that Seokjin would then in turn murder him. 

Soon after Jimin had been thrown to the ground by the youngest one in the park, Namjoon carried the crying boy back to the restaurant, Taehyung riding on Jungkook's back for fun. The three were all laughing about something that apparently seemed rather funny to them, seeing as though none of them were able to stop the giggles coming out of their mouths. 

Only a few feet away from the restaurant, Jimin hopped off of his back, running towards the building with Jungkook still carrying Taehyung sprinting after him. The oldest one shook his head, completely blown away by how quickly their moods changed.

Walking into the restaurant, Namjoon felt like there were millions of eyes on him, watching his every move. Confused and slightly worried, he slowly made his way back to the table, wary of everyone in the restaurant.

Finally seeing the table, he almost ran towards it but was shocked when he finally reached it.

Seokjin spat his mouthful of water out onto Yoongi, successfully waking him up while Taehyung, Jungkook and Jimin laughed silently to themselves, huge smiles visible on all of their faces.

"Seokjin! What the fu-"

"Kim Namjoon! What in god's name happened to your hair?"

"What? Oh , dude, the happened to your hair?"

His hands shot to his head, and instead of his beauteous locks of silk, there were seven stubby pigtails sticking every which way. At that time, the three youngest males at the table burst into uncontrollable laughter, Taehyung, being the one who did the hair, falling to the ground, clutching his stomach.

"Kim Taehyung! Get your over here!"

Long story short, after that, Seokjin had to stop Namjoon from choking the kid to death, and none of them are ever allowed back to that restaurant.


a/n: surprise i updated

and whoa that whole vivian part wasnt even supposed to happen man

that was super impromptu of me

whatever