Chapter 15

'Betterer' Isn't a Word

Yoongi walked down the street slowly. This is one of the times that he wished that he smoked cigarettes so that he could have one hanging loosely from his lips, eyes cast down as people gave him shady looks, trying not to make it obvious that they were avoiding him.

But he didn't smoke.

So all he was left with was his angry expression, that really to everybody else looked as though he was a cute little dumpling.

Yoongi doesn't exactly have RBF. He likes to think that he does, but let's be real. Even if he was about to start murdering everyone in the world (which he is actually quite dangerously close to doing right now), he'd just look like a harmless little chipmunk trying to find some peanuts to survive through the winter. 

Jimin's words, not mine.

("Hey Jimin, Jungkook, don't you think Yoongi looks really scary and threatening sometimes? Like he's about to slit all of our throats while we sleep at night? I think I have to start keeping a gun under my pillow."

"Yeah, sometimes it really creeps me out! He honestly looks ready to murder me every time I get close to him. There's death in his eyes, man. Pure death."

"What? Taehyung? Jungkook? What the hell are you talking about? He looks like a harmless little chipmunk trying to find some peanuts to survive through the winter. He'd never do that. Yoongi is such a sweetheart. A small little dumpling. And the only reason he might look a little angry when you get close to him is because he really values his personal space. He doesn't like people touching him. Don't touch him."

"..."

"What. Why are you guys staring at me like that."

"Jimin you are such a whipped little boy and you guys aren't even together yet.")

So Yoongi walked down the street, carelessly bypassing random people until he reached the small road that his house was on. He sauntered in through the door, dropping his keys on the counter, slipped off his shoes and coat and marched right upstairs. He registered a quiet 'how'd it go?' from his mother, and he just grunted in response before slamming the door shut to his room and lying down on the bed.

How the was he supposed to apologize to Jimin?


"JUNGKOOK! DID YOU SEE THAT! OH MY GOD, TAEHYUNG, I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU JUST- HOLY- ARE YOU OKAY? IS YOUR FACE OKAY? IS THE GROUND OKAY? OH, I'M SO SOR- ACTUALLY, NO, I'M NOT SORRY AT ALL. THAT WAS SO FUNNY."

Jungkook was torn between laughing his off and running forward to help Taehyung off of the ground. Taehyung and Jimin had just been jumping on Jungkook's trampoline when the older one pushed him just right, and the pink haired boy flew off the jumping contraption and onto the ground.

Face first.

Now he was barely moving, twitching every now and then and even still, Jimin continued to laugh, almost falling off himself. 

"OH, TAE, YOU'RE TOO FUNNY. REMINDS ME OF THE TIME WHEN YOONGI- oh."

Jungkook was in the middle of lifting Taehyung off of the ground, one hand on the boy's hip, another under his chest and Taehyung's arm wrapped around his neck, when Jimin's pause in his sentence had him looking up. The short brunet was sat on the trampoline, no particular emotion on his face as he stared out towards nothing. His hands were palm up, laying delicately on his legs. The blond boy quickly pulled Taehyung's limp body up and set him on the deck, rushing over to Jimin right after.

"Jimin, you okay?"

It seemed to shake Jimin, hearing his name called, and he just nodded, waving his hand in the air.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about it."

Jungkook looked over to Taehyung who had his head pointed in their direction with his eyebrows furrowed. Neither of them really believed Jimin, and they silently agreed to go inside. He got Jimin inside first before rushing over to help Taehyung into the house (even though he didn't need help because he fell on his face, not his legs).

"How did you manage to come out of that unharmed? There's literally not a single blemish on your face. What are you?"

"Ahh, Jungkookie, you have to realize that this face of mine is my pride and joy."

"HA, okay, then you obviously don't have much of either, do you?"

"Get back here, you little ."


Yoongi had taken a very nice seven-hour nap. It was about midnight now, and there was no way he was getting any sleep anytime soon. He still didn't know how to apologize to Jimin, and all if he was just going to wing it.

" me up. I don't know what I'm doing with my life. Like I ever did in the first place. Why am I talking to myself? Who is there to help me? God? Are you there? Can you give me some sort of answer to all of my problems?"

The short man stood in the middle of his room, arms out and to the sides while he stared up, hair falling from the side of his face and downwards, pointed towards the ground. He waited for something magical to happen, for some sign to appear, for someone to come and give him the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything (it's 42, by the way).

Nothing happened.

"Goddamn. . ."

Yoongi threw his arms to the ground and started swearing. He glared at his reflection, angry with himself for being a stupid ing idiot who didn't know how to properly talk to people because even though he looks like a mass murderer on the outside he's actually a soft mushy blob on the inside who wants to have lots of friends and be able to hold real conversations.

But unfortunately, that is exactly what his reality is, and there isn't much he can do about it.

Just when he Yoongi had really given up all hope, his eyes caught sight of a little Chihiro and Haku figurine set sitting on his dresser that he had bought beforehand. A smile slowly crept onto his face as he tried to find his phone.

Now he had a plan.


Jungkook's phone started ringing in the middle of the movie he, Taehyung and Jimin were watching. It had something to do with a boat or something, he didn't know. He wasn't really paying attention but both the other boys were crying.

Tears were streaming down Jimin's face as he shoved another spoonful of ice cream into his mouth, speaking around the entire scoop. His feet were tangled up in his blanket and he almost choked on the sugary substance.

"J-Jungkook-" he paused to sob, "t-turn off your goddamn phone! W-we're trying t-to watch a movie here! R-Rose and J-Jack-" and then he broke down and couldn't continue speaking.

Jungkook sighed as he reached over to grab his phone, Taehyung hitting Jimin's chest repeatedly.

"Shut up! D-don't spoil it!"

The youngest boy shook his head as he picked up his phone and left the two older boys crying with their tubs of ice cream in his living room. His parents had already given the OK to both of them being there (because Taehyung and Jimin have been the only constants in his life because Jungkook is a small and awkward boy who happens to also not know how to socialize with anyone like wow it's like he and Yoongi were meant for each other) and were out at some hotel since they figured that the three wouldn't be leaving the house for a while.

Since his parents were too cheap to buy him caller ID, Jungkook had no idea who was calling him. He figured that it was probably his wonderful parents checking up on him, so he rolled his eyes and answered with a bored tone.

"Hello."

"Oh, wow, , I didn't know you'd actually pick up. But also, wow, , I didn't know you'd sound that angry. Goddamnit, I really ed up, didn't up? . . I'm an . ."

Jungkook blinked a few times, pulling the phone away from his ear and staring at it before he gently spoke into it again.

"...Yoongi?"

"What? Yeah, it's me. Wait, did you not know it was me? Why did you answer like that then?"

"Because I thought it was my parents!"

"Well, you still shouldn't talk to your parents like that! It's rude and disrespectful! Who do you think you are? They're your parents! Treat them well! Listen to them and don't be an to them!"

"What the hell? Why are you telling me this? Is this the only reason you called? To tell me to be nicer to my parents????? Because I really think that you have something else to ask me. Hell, you don't even know my parents why would you be telling me to be nicer to them? I'm plenty nice to them! I do the chores every day and I help them cook and- why am I telling you this? What do you want, Yoongi?"

".... Right. Umm, I was wondering if- actually, you know what? You're awake right now. Umm, this'll be a lot easier if I could do this in person, do you think I could come over to your house?"

Jungkook peeked his head around the corner, seeing both Taehyung and Jimin crying their hearts out. The ice cream that he so diligently bought them was melting, becoming a sugary puddle on their faces and hands.

"Are you sure you want to do that? I mean there's a lot of other options-"

"Please, Jungkook. I'm losing my mind."

The younger boy bit down on his bottom lip and sighed, nodding his head a bit.

"Yeah, sure, okay. Come on over."


Jungkook wasn't sure if he should have told Jimin that Yoongi was coming. Or if he should have told Yoongi that Jimin was already here. He probably should have done at least one of the two, if not both, but instead, he chose to do neither.

Do you know why that is?

Because Jungkook is stupid and apparently he likes to see his friends suffer.

This is what led to him having two crying boys with a third one awkwardly sitting on the edge of the couch, as far away from the other two as he could get while still pretending to be comforting them.

(Now, who exactly is crying and why?)


Jungkook was still debating telling Jimin that Yoongi was coming over. He couldn't very well tell Yoongi that Jimin was here now that he was already on his way here, but he still had the chance to tell Jimin. After all, the phone call happened over ten minutes ago and Yoongi lived about a twenty-minute walk away. Twenty minutes? And the call happened ten minutes ago? More than enough time.

The blond boy took a deep breath and let it out. Then, he opened his mouth and softly called out.

"Hey, Jim-"

There were three harsh knocks at his door and Jungkook swore in his head. And out loud. He just swore in general, okay?

The oldest in the room sniffled and stared at him sadly, questions in his eyes before Jungkook waved his hand and Jimin turned back to the television to continue sulking. Jungkook walked over to the door and carefully opened it, not sure who it could-

okay, so he was very sure who it was going to be, but that's not the point.

He spoke in hushed whispers, shaking the mint green haired man back and forth by the collar of his jacket.

"Min Yoongi, what the hell do you think you're doing, being here so quickly? I was still debating telling Jimin that you were coming! He's sitting on the couch right now!"

Yoongi's face seemed to pale, the colour draining out of his already white face.

". He's here? Actually, Jungkook, I don't think I need your help after all- oh- okay I guess I'm coming in thanks for inviting me inside I love this."

Hands already on his collar, Jungkook just tugged with a bit more strength and brought Yoongi inside, all but throwing him into the room wherein Taehyung and Jimin were crying.

Taehyung screamed, yes, as we can all expect, but that's beside the point. Yoongi had landed in a plank position, his weakling arms barely keeping his body up. You could see how much they were shaking, and eventually, he went down (no thanks to Jungkook who had decided that it would be funny to step on his back). 

The only noise in the room for a while was the soft music coming from the television before Jimin quietly spoke up.

"Y-Yoongi?"

The man lifted his head, chin resting uncomfortably on the ground as he stared at the small brunet's round eyes.

"Hey, Jiminnie- - I probably shouldn't be calling you that. , umm-"

Since he was already on the ground, Yoongi simply tucked his legs in and stretched his arms out in front of him, reaching his fingers as far as his little body would allow him. He laid his forehead against the ground, speaking in a firm but gentle voice.

"Park Jimin, I would go off and try to apologize in a funny way, but I feel as though that would demean everything that I am trying to convey to you at this time. I am truly, sincerely sorry. I did not mean to hurt you in any way and I regret it if I happened to do just that. I will not make up excuses for my behaviour, and I can only hope that you will forgive me. I know I do not deserve to be forgiven, but please, that is all that I could hope for."

Again, no one spoke for a few moments, and Taehyung quietly reached for the remote and paused the movie.

Soon, there was a sniff followed by a scoff, Park Jimin's eyes filling with tears as he looked away from the man sprawled on the floor.

"Idiot."

Yoongi's head shot up and he glared daggers at the brunet, and Taehyung and Jungkook's eyes widened as they both took a step backwards in no particular direction.

"What the hell? Here I am, trying to apologize to you as nicely as I can, and that's the only thing that you can say to me? 'Idiot'? Are you serious right now? Do you know how ty that makes me feel?"

Jimin shot around, amusement wiped off of his face and lips forming a straight line.

"How ty you feel? How about how ty felt when you left the ing group lunch to go on a date with some broad that we've never even heard of? How ty do you think I felt when I thought that, hey, maybe Min Yoongi actually gave a about me and my pitiful and then decided to drop it all for some girl in a tight dress? How stupid do you think I am for thinking that maybe you cared about me- no, that maybe you liked me, even just a little."

Yoongi was taken aback. He furrowed his eyebrows together, not sure how to continue the conversation. Taehyung had come to the other side of the room, now standing in Jungkook's arms with the younger boy's chin on his shoulder. They watched the two argue (Taehyung with puffy eyes because the movie is really goddamn emotional okay) and prayed that everything would turn out alright.

Having run out of things to say, Yoongi just shouted something that he hoped would make Jimin less argue-y.

"I... I-I like you a lot, Jiminnie!"

Jimin rolled his eyes and threw his blanket off of his lap, throwing his fist down and towards the ground.

" you! You're just saying that to make me feel better!"

"Well did it work?"

This time, Jimin shut his mouth, scrunching his lips together and screwing his eyebrows together.

"Yes, it ing did! Are you happy?"

Yoongi felt an odd sense of pride swell in his chest and he lifted himself off of the ground, sitting up properly. He angrily nodded, still staring right at Jimin.

"Yeah, I ing am! I meant it, too! I do really like you! And don't ing swear, you little head, that's my thing! You're too small for that!"

Cue Jimin gasping.

"Rude! You're barely taller than me!"

"I know that! That's one of the reasons why I lo-" there was a very long pause where no one said anything for a minute before Yoongi opened his mouth again and spoke in a much quieter, much more reserved matter.

"That's why I really like you and am glad to have you as a friend, Jimin. Don't you understand that? It makes me so happy that we're the same height because then you don't get to make fun of how short I am and I don't get to do it to you and we have so much in common and you understand me and if I lost you I'd honestly cry for such a long time you have no idea how long I was stressing about this in my room like to be fair I did take a super ing long nap but I swear I was thinking about you the entire time and when I was having dinner with that girl- what's her name? Haekyung? Whatever- when I was having dinner with her, I couldn't stop thinking of how to apologize to you and I met these two guys that apparently you know? Their names are Baekhyun and Chanyeol and they're dating and- - I'm off topic again- but the point is is that all of you guys, you, Taehyung and Jungkook have made my life so much better and I can't believe that you guys want to be friends with me and you're such an important part of me now and I know that this is cheesy as but I don't know how else to express my feelings because you guys are so great. Thank you."

Taehyung pulled away from Jungkook and he and Jimin both cooed while the youngest smiled a toothy smile. Taehyung and Jimin slowly closed in on Yoongi, encasing him in a hug.

"Aww, Yoongi! We love you too!"

The mint green haired man grimaced, carefully peeling their arms off of him as he wiped away a tear that he swore wasn't even there in the first place.

"Yeah, about that. I appreciate you guys saying that and all, and I know I just went off on this how spiel about how you guys were great, but to physically speak the three words 'I love you' is something that I'm kind of uncomfortable with. Touching, too. I don't like people touching me. Don't touch me."

Taehyung snorted and let go of him, wiggling his eyebrows at Jungkook who knew exactly what he was talking about and wiggled his own back at the older boy. Neither Yoongi nor Jimin seemed to notice this, thankfully, and they continued to hug it out because, no matter what he said, Yoongi did really enjoy hugs from Jimin.

"I really am sorry, Jimin."

The boy didn't say anything, instead choosing to nod against Yoongi's shoulder as a tear made its way down his face.

The mint green haired boy looked up, willing the tears to stop falling.

The two stood there, in the middle of Jungkook's living room, crying. At first, it was sweet, and Taehyung looked at them delicately with an almost motherly glint in his eyes, but Yoongi's crying progressively got harder and Jimin's crying progressively got louder and it was almost as if they were screaming while tears were running down their faces and honestly Taehyung just didn't know what to do anymore because he couldn't be like Jungkook who had left the room about five minutes ago because who leaves crying people by themselves what are you a demon and so he just sat on the arm of the couch and tried to pat Jimin lightly on the back even though he totally couldn't reach him and just let them cry some more because really what was the point in stopping them it's not like they wouldn't just start crying again later and yeah.

So that was how Taehyung spent the next few minutes before he consequently passed out on the couch.

Jimin and Yoongi eventually let go of each other and wordlessly agreed to never speak about it again, and Jimin more or less belly-flopped onto Taehyung (who didn't wake up from that, amazingly) and Yoongi trudged into the empty guest room that he knew Jungkook had.

It wasn't until Jimin was about to fall asleep that he realized that, , they never finished the movie.


a/n: do any of you like tvxq/dbsk

*not proofread lmao*