Chapter 17

'Betterer' Isn't a Word

a/n: hey guys! please check out this review shop that MinnieCrafts and i have opened! (we do it for free too!)

3am Dreamland review shop


The day after the rather awkward apology to Jimin (and their unfinished Titanic outing. You know, Jimin is still really upset about that), when Yoongi woke up, he had absolutely no idea where the hell he was. He had no recollection of this room, but all he knew was that it was super ing warm and the blanket was really soft.

The short man rubbed his eyes in an attempt to wake himself up some more, and when he opened them again, Jimin was standing right in front of him.

"Holy ! What the hell! Where the am I? Who am I? Who are you? What is happening right now?"

Yoongi had jumped up as soon as the slightly shorter boy had come into his sight. Yes, contrary to what he just asked, he did remember who he was. No drinking had happened and he hadn't randomly forgotten his entire existence along with Jimin's. He didn't, however, know where he was. Now he was even more confused than before because he hadn't expected to see Jimin, especially not since they had just made up yesterday. The shorter boy had a cup in his hand that he gently set down on a nearby table. Yoongi watched his movements carefully, following the cup to the table before darting his eyes up to the brunet's face.

Jimin seemed to seriously ponder the older's multitude of questions for a second, hand on his chin as he pensively tapped his index finger against his plump lips. He did this for a while when he suddenly smiled, finger pausing on his mouth before he slowly brought his entire hand into a fist.

"Who are you? Hmm, you're Suga. Because your skin is as white as sugar and you know what? It probably tastes just as sweet." Jimin ing giggled after that, and Yoongi just gawked at him, jaw dropping down to the ground. The younger boy walked towards the bed, plopping down right next to Yoongi who pulled back and away from him.

"You're also in my room, Suga. Do you like it?"

The mint green haired boy blinked a few times, jaw still hanging open. He turned to look behind him, just to make sure that no one was ing with him or filming him, and when he was done, he stared Jimin right in the eye.

"What the actual , Park Jimin?"

Instead of looking ashamed or surprised, Jimin just looked happy, lying down on his bed.

"Oh, nice to see you too. So you do remember everything, then. That's good."

The younger chewed on his bottom lip, peeking at Yoongi from the corner of his eye. The older man shook his head before he raised his arms raised above his head, stretching his back as he let out a huge yawn. His arms then dropped to his sides as he lazily blinked around.

"Can I... Can I still call you Suga, though?"


A few days after that, Jimin, Taehyung and Yoongi were lying on a table, souls drained from their bodies.

"I can't believe that we're already back in school."

"Taehyung, shut the  up. I do not need to be reminded by that. If it were up to me, I'd be eating fried chicken and beating Jungkook in Mario Kart, but no. I'm here, at school, all because the stupid government wants to educate us."

"FYI, Park Jimin, you should be lucky that we get an education at all, and there's no way that any of us, much less only you, can beat Jungkookie in Mario Kart. He would literally wipe the track with your . Why do you even play as Wario? There are so many better characters, like Yoshi for example-"

"Taehyung, you have an uncanny amount of love for Yosh-"

"THAT'S BECAUSE YOSHI IS THE BEST CHARACTER OUT OF ALL OF THEM. HE IS SUCH AN ADORABLE LITTLE AND I LOVE HIM TO DEATH, OKAY?"

Jimin and Yoongi both stared at Taehyung's mini-outburst, the former raising his eyebrow and the latter returning to his lunch. Taehyung just pouted, crossing his arms across his chest as he mumbled towards his food. Jimin slapped Yoongi's wrist, gaining his attention. He pointed to the pink haired boy sitting across from them, shoving a spoonful of rice into his mouth.

"Tell him, Suga, that Yoshi is not all that's he's making him out to be. Wario is better than Yoshi, any day."

Yoongi scrunched his nose in disgust, throwing a napkin at Jimin's face.

"To be honest, Jimin, Wario . I have no idea why anyone would want to play as him. There're so many better characters, like Diddy Kong. And don't talk with your mouth full. You literally had an empty mouth and you could have freely spoken, but then you shoved an entire spoon of rice in there. You couldn't have waited like, two seconds?"

Still chewing his rice, Jimin somehow managed to stick his tongue out at Yoongi.

"Your point is invalid. You think that Diddy Kong is a good character. Right, Tae? This is at least one thing we can agree on: that Suga's wrong and Diddy Kong is awful."

Jimin was staring at Yoongi triumphantly and chewing his very full mouth of rice when he realized that Taehyung was taking a lengthy time to answer. Turning his head in question, he was met with the sight of the tall boy squinting his eyes at the two of them, chopsticks pointed at either one of the boys.

"Yoongi."

"Yes?"

"Did Jimothy just call you 'Suga'? Twice?"

Yoongi ran his hands down his face and Jimin swore, grains of rice spewing out onto the ground.

Eyes peeking out between his fingers, Yoongi just nodded, sighing.

"Yes, yes he did. He decided that it'd be funny to call me Suga and he's been doing it ever since that day you guys never finished watching Titanic. Oh, by the way, Jungkook won't answer any of my calls and I know that he knows that I know why, so could I ask you to tell him that I do not appreciate the fact that he stayed up until I fell asleep and literally carried me to Jimin's house? When Jimin was literally not even at home because he was ing asleep on the couch underneath you? Why the hell was I personally kicked out of his house? It's not like he was going to use the room anyway-"

"Actually, Kookie carried me into the room after he brought you into Jimin's house. And Jimin went there eventually! Yeah, sure, Jungkookie brought you there first and then woke Jimin up, but Chimchim was still sort of there!"

Yoongi pursed his lips and handed Jimin a water bottle because the younger kid realized that he was stupid and put way too much rice in his mouth as he was currently struggling to swallow all of it.

As the brunet chugged down his water, Taehyung suddenly waved his arms like crazy, bringing Yoongi's attention back to him.

"Wait wait, so if Jiminnie's calling you Suga, can I?"

Both boys stared at him with dead eyes, speaking in sync.

"No."

Jimin immediately flushed red, placing the opening of the water bottle against his mouth once more and trying to drink out of it (even though there was nothing left in it, but it's not like Taehyung was observant enough to notice). Yoongi just shrugged, standing by his answer.

Apparently, this didn't seem odd to Taehyung at all, since he just accepted the answer and went back to talking about how Yoshi was the greatest character in the world.

("Jungkookie would agree with me!"

"Tae, Kook agrees with you on basically everything."

"That's because Kookie loves me! Unlike you guys."

"Uh huh. He definitely loves you, Taehyung."

"He does!"

"Oh, we know, we were agreeing with you, Tae.")


Yoongi was staring out of the bus window with an earbud in each ear. A random song was blasting louder than it really should have been, and he was drumming along to it against his thighs. He was trying to think of some beats for a new song he was going to write, but he was absolutely lost. It felt like all the chords that he arranged had already been made into hit songs and the ones that hadn't just didn't sound good.

That was when he saw Jimin standing outside his bus, phone pressed up against his ear and an angry expression on his face. Seokjin was pensively standing next to him, eyes going from his phone to Jimin to the bus in front of Yoongi's and back to his phone.

Yoongi watched as the older boy apologetically placed a hand on Jimin's shoulder, running off to what Yoongi was pretty sure was Namjoon's bus and getting on, leaving behind a very small, very depressed looking Park Jimin.

The green haired boy screwed his eyes shut and thought to himself for a second before he stood up, pulling the window of the bus down and sticking his head out. He ripped his headphones out and flipped his hair, shouting to Jimin.

"Hey, sunshine, wanna come over today?"

A few students looked up at Yoongi, wondering who exactly he was speaking to. Jimin looked at Yoongi then at either side of him before staring wide-eyed at the mint green haired man with his head out a window, finger pointing to himself.

Yoongi just rolled his eyes and gestured for him to get on the bus.

"Yes you, idiot."

Jimin's eyes widened one more time before he picked his bag up and off of the ground, sprinting onto the bus. He bowed to all the students who eyed him curiously and quickly ran to Yoongi's seat, said man just sitting back down.

Neither of them spoke, letting the bus start up. 

After they had travelled some way, Jimin moved his entire upper body to face Yoongi, head tilted slightly to the side.

"Did you just call me 'sunshine'?"

Yoongi turned away to look out the window once more to avoid letting Jimin see his rosy cheeks, but the younger still caught sight of his ever-reddening ears.

"Yeah, uhh, I did. I mean, if you want me to stop-"

"No, it's okay. I like it."

Yoongi's head whipped around faster than he imagined possible, even though he was sure he was still very red.

It was nothing compared to Jimin, though, as even the boy himself was surprised with his sudden confession of affection towards the pet name. He was as bright as a tomato and he clamped down both his cheeks with his hands as he purposely didn't acknowledge Yoongi's burning stare.

Swallowing thickly, Yoongi just nodded as he slowly turned to face the front again. 

"Okay. Sunshine it is, then."

They didn't talk again throughout the entire bus ride, both of their faces permanently painted a shade of pink.


When the two of them were walking up to Yoongi's house, his mother saw them from the front window. Jimin was a few steps behind Yoongi, his tiny legs doing their best to catch up to Yoongi even though they were basically the same height. 

Yoongi's hands were stuffed deep into his pockets and he did his best to stay ahead of Jimin while not leaving the boy behind because, really, Jimin had never been to his house before and should have no idea where it is. 

Yoongi's mother excitedly got up and opened the door before either of the two had even stepped foot on the driveway, and Yoongi immediately groaned.

"Mother, this isn't my boyf-"

"YOU MUST BE YOONGI'S BOYFRIEND! SO NICE TO FINALLY MEET YOU!" She ran out into the frigid air in just a thin shirt, hair tied up into a loose bun. She grabbed onto a very red Jimin's hands, shaking them vigorously. Her son just let his shoulders drop, looking into the sky and apologizing to Jimin in his head before he walked into his house.

Jimin nervously watched as Yoongi mercilessly abandoned him out here with his (crazy?) mother, walking into his house as if there was nothing wrong with this situation.

He looked at Yoongi's mother with an apology in his eyes, grasping her cold hands within his own.

"I'm very sorry, but Yoongi and I aren't dating."

The light in her eyes died for a moment before it came back, renewed and even brighter than before.

"You're not dating yet. Trust me, I know. Maybe it'll even happen today, hmm? I can see how interested you are in my child, you don't need to try to hide it. I know how charming he is. After all, he is my son."

She took this chance to laugh a moment before turning serious again, actually looking Jimin in the eye.

"I promise that no matter how unfriendly he may seem, Yoongi is just a soft child on the inside who doesn't exactly know how to talk to others. Please give him a chance?"

Jimin smiled, gently kissing her hands because he knew exactly what she was talking about.

"I know how sweet he is, and thank you for trusting him with me. I'll do my best."

She returned his smile, leading him into the house where they found Yoongi making some tea. At the sound of the door opening, Yoongi looked up and was surprised to see his mother and Jimin.

"You guys are done already? That's the shortest one yet. Jimin, what'd you do? This has never happened before, I-I'm speechless." His mother hit him on the arm, glaring at him from the corner of her eye.

"You make me sound like some sort of horrible person. I'm your mother, Min Yoongi, don't you forget that."

Yoongi waved her away with his hand, nodding while he put the boiling water down.

"Yes, mother, I understand that. That's exactly why I'm curious. It's alright, though, you don't need to tell me. I'm going to bring Jimin to my room now, okay? I'll come back to get the tea in a minute."

Suddenly, Jimin was pushed towards the stairs by Yoongi, and as he looked behind him to try to catch the older's eye, he instead saw Yoongi's mother give him a wink before she went to make another cup of tea. 

He wasn't sure how many times his face had gone bright red at this point, so he just walked even faster, making Yoongi be the one to have to catch up to him.

Walking into the older's room, Jimin fanned his face in an attempt to rid of some of the colour splashed across his cheeks. The first thing he did was sit down on the older's bed, surveying the room. The walls themselves were a pale blue, a few posters of different bands hung up across them, some Jimin had heard of, some he hadn't. To the side, there was a desk with a laptop sitting on it, a large piece of machinery next to it with some papers lying on top. In front of the desk was a small swivel chair that seemed just the right height for Yoongi (even though it didn't seem to have a back to it?).

Across from the desk on the opposite side of the room, there was a dresser with a large mirror attached to it. There were a few things on the table, a pair of headphones, some CDs, a snapback and some books. Other than that, there wasn't much else in the room. There was a built-in closet right beside the bed that Jimin dutifully ignored, instead choosing to look at Yoongi.

"So..."

Jimin began, taking off his bag and his coat and gently placing them on the ground by the foot of the bed. He played with Yoongi's bed covers, enjoying how the fabric felt between his fingers. 

Yoongi finished for him, taking his right hand out of his pocket and pointing back downstairs.

"I have to go get the tea. I'll be right back. Yeah. Umm, do whatever you want, I don't really mind. Oh, but just please don't touch that desk. And that computer. And that thing beside the computer. Okay. Thanks. Yeah. I'll be back."

As soon as Yoongi left the room, Jimin went to the desk. He opened the laptop, surprised to find that there was no password on it. Peeking at the things that Yoongi had open, he quickly found a sample of music that was very clearly not finished, but well under its way.

Jimin raised an eyebrow, debating with himself on whether or not he should play it. Yoongi would be back soon (probably), and the song was more than a minute long.

Shrugging his shoulders and saying  it, Jimin pressed play and was honestly blessed when the opening chords started, a snare drum leading him in.

He was partway through the sample when Yoongi came back into the room, tea on a tray and eyebrows raised. 

Jimin quickly stopped the track, sheepishly looking up at Yoongi. The older boy just set the tray down and walked over to Jimin and the laptop. He took a seat in the small swivel chair (Jimin was right, it was the perfect size for Yoongi) and clicked a few things before he turned around to face Jimin.

"Well, that was one of my unfinished tracks. I'm kinda stuck for a chorus, but I have most of the backtrack done. Damn, I really wish you didn't play it. Now you know what the opening sounds like. I wanted it to be a surprise for all of you."

The small brunet pouted, feeling half bad but also not feeling sorry at all because he was ecstatic that he was able to hear that pure gold, even if it was only for a few seconds.

"I'm sorry, Suga. I shouldn't have poked around. What I heard was really good so far, if it means anything to you. You don't mind if I play Pokémon Go while I lie on your bed, do you?"

Yoongi looked confused at the sudden change of topic, but slowly shook his head.

"I mean, yeah, sure, go ahead. I'm not gonna stop you or anything," and then a bit quieter as he went back to his laptop, "what can you even catch here? There's only Pidgeys and Weedles..."

"What was that?"

"Nothing! I'm just going to be working on my tracks!"

"Alrighty!"

And then there was silence.

For a while.

Because Jimin was an obnoxious little  and played the game with the goddamn sound on.

Yoongi was pinching the bridge of his nose, taking in deep breaths as he tried to lean against the back of his swivel chair, almost falling off because he forgot that there was no back. Gathering himself, he let out a sigh, looking up at the ceiling.

"Jimin, I swear to god, can you please shut the hell up? I'm trying to think of some lyrics for this new song I'm writing, and you're really not helping right now."

The brunet either didn't hear him or didn't care enough to acknowledge him, because he just continued to lie on Yoongi's bed, phone in his hands raised right above his face (Yoongi really ing hoped that Jimin would drop his ty phone right on his pretty little face) and Pokémon Go music blasting as loudly as Yoongi thought possible.

"Jesus Christ. You little . You're going to literally be the death of me. You don't want me to come up with any ing lyrics, do you?"

The green haired boy swiveled around in his chair to face his sheets of music and quickly scribbled lyrics. He scratched his head, not sure what else to put down since his brain was pretty much dead.

After a long pause of nothing, Jimin suddenly hummed, immersed in his game.

"Sorry Suga."

The older boy stopped for a second, pen held right above his paper. A smile slowly made its way onto his face as he leaned onto the table, hand tucked under his chin as he tapped his pen against the wooden table.

"...Suga, huh?"


Yoongi was on fire. He was writing at a speed that he himself didn't know that he could write at, lyrics almost throwing themselves onto the page. Jimin had finally finished with Pokémon Go, satisfied with the Pokémon he had managed to capture using his incense. 

Looking over to where Yoongi didn't seem to be bothered by his phone's music anymore, Jimin took a sip of the tea that the older boy had brought up earlier. He watched as Yoongi's eyes lit up like he had never seen before, a smile playing on his lips as his hand moved fluidly across the page. Curious, the small brunet got up, walking close to where Yoongi was writing.

Unbeknownst to him, Yoongi was almost done with the lyrics, one or two more verses to go. To be very honest, even if he stopped writing right now, he still remembered them all. He just liked writing them down better. It gave him an odd sense of security.

Not bothering to read the sheets first, Jimin rested his head on Yoongi's right shoulder, effectively stopping the boy from writing any further.

"Whatcha doing?"

Yoongi gently pushed Jimin's head away, continuing to write.

"Nothing. Go away. I'm almost done."

There was no way that was going to work, and both of them knew that, so Yoongi had no idea why he even tried. Nothing would have changed if he hadn't even opened his mouth. 

"Sugaaaa, tell me! What're you writing so much about?"

Yoongi mentally stabbed Jimin, trying to glare at him even though the boy was directly behind him and wouldn't be able to see his threatening glance.

"Jesus, I told you, I'm writing lyrics. Now go away."

Instead of being a nice person, Jimin decided to drape his body on Yoongi's back, arms hanging from the older's shoulders and down to where his laptop was. He wasn't messing with any of the green haired boy's work, just being a really huge prick. 

"Jimin."

"Yes?"

"Get off of me."

And he did, right before he swiftly took the pen out from Yoongi's hand.

"This is a real nice pen you get here, Suga. I like it. By the looks of you writing, it seems like it writes pretty smoothly. I'd love to have a pen like this."

"Jimin."

The boy twirled it in his hand a few times, really getting a feel for the writing utensil.

"Do you mind lending it to me for a while? There're some important notes I gotta take for science, and my pens keep running out of ink mid-sentence. It really , you know? Especially when the teacher won't stop and wait for me to get another pen, saying something about how 'there are other students in this class too, Mr. Park. You're not the only student, Mr. Park. Maybe you should find some better pens, Mr. Park.' Oh yeah? Well, guess what? you. And I did find a better pen, it's right here in my hand."

"Jimin, please, I literally only need to write a few more words."

Being the cheeky little bastard that he is, Jimin enclosed the pen in his hand and hid it behind his back, making Yoongi groan as he looked down at his yet still unfinished lyrics.

The younger boy then proceeded to go from one side of Yoongi's head to the other, alternating sides while chanting, "what're you going to do about it?" over and over again.

Yoongi isn't exactly sure what took over him at that moment, but he suddenly whirled around and grabbed Jimin's face with both hands, lips slightly pursed as the older boy squeezed his cheeks just a tad too tightly. Then, Yoongi planted a kiss on Jimin's lips, quickly slipping the pen out of the boy's loose hand. He turned around just as quickly has he had turned to face Jimin in the first place, finishing off the last few lyrics to his song. 

The younger wasn't exactly pink, and the colour definitely wasn't just limited to his cheeks. He could feel the blush slowly creep down his neck, not going away any time soon as he replayed that scene in his head over again.

Jimin looked at Yoongi, but the boy refused to even look in his direction. About to pretend that nothing had happened and just return to the bed, Jimin somehow noticed that the tips of Yoongi's ears were painted red, a sure sign that the boy was also blushing, now only pretending to be writing lyrics as he drew swirls on the bottom of the page.

Jimin hesitantly stood for a minute, not sure what to do. Then, he took a small step backwards, ample space away from the boy in case he decided to whip around again like he had just done.

He opened his mouth, meaning to speak in a clear voice, but words instead coming out in a small, timid manner.

"Umm, Yoongi, do you, maybe, like me?"

The boy said nothing, furiously drawing his swirls like it was nobody else's business. Jimin watched the colour on the tips of Yoongi's ears become even darker, his own cheeks flushing a deeper shade of red.

"Umm, I, well, oh it."

Jimin bent forwards, wrapping his arms around Yoongi's waist as he buried his face into the older's back. He took a deep breath, letting himself be calmed by a scent that he could only label as Yoongi.

"I really hope that you like me because I really, really, like you."

The brunet felt Yoongi's entire body freeze, his arm tense as he all but dropped his pen onto the desk. Jimin let go when he realized that Yoongi was turning around in the chair, and soon he was face to face with a redder than he had ever before seen Min Yoongi who just stood up and pulled him back in for a proper hug this time.

The smaller boy slowly let his arms wrap around Yoongi's small frame one more time, shuddering at the closeness. Yoongi brushed his lips against Jimin's ear and Jimin felt the older's hot breath before he heard his voice.

"I like you too, sunshine."

And Jimin just smiled, burying his face into the crook between Yoongi's shoulder and his neck this time. 


a/n: i'm screaming i really really really love it when yoongi calls jimin sunshine it's beautiful

anyway ye sorry that i haven't updated in a while this one's longer than usual so

and yayyyy now you know how yoonmin got together and dw i know some of you are only here for taekook so we will get right back to it it's just that this story was originally like 50% taekook 40% yoonmin 10% namjin (hoseok is in there somewhere?)

ALSO PLEASE DO CHECK OUT MINNIECRAFTS AND MY (WHAT IS THE PROPER GRAMMAR IN THIS SITUATION) REVIEW SHOP!!!!! LINK AT THE TOP