Chapter 4

'Betterer' Isn't a Word

Jimin had returned from his mission to stop choking. Since he returned, I'd say it was successful.

Jungkook decided to drop the topic of Yoongi, not wanting the older to die before he got to their school. Which reminded him,

"Hey, guys? I gotta talk to you about school." 

That caught both of the other males' attention, the two dropping all conversation and listening intently to the youngest. Jungkook promptly laid flat on Jimin's bed, arms spread to either side of him and staring at Jimin's terrible popcorn ceiling.

Disgusting.

Trying not to pay too much attention to the awful, white bumps on the equally white ceiling, Jungkook tried to continue what he was saying.

"So, my homeroom teacher from last year came to talk to me today. It seems that during the summer, he and some of the other teachers got together to talk about me since I'm, apparently, an exceptional student. Basically, they're going to shove me into one of the grade eight classes instead of grade seven, and that means I'll get to skip a grade. I'll be at your school next year."

Cue Taehyung.

The older man jumped onto Jungkook's stomach, knocking all the wind out from his body. He squeezed the youngest as if trying to make him pop. Jimin watched Jungkook's face contort into one of pain almost instantly, and he didn't want to put the younger into any more harm. He just stared as Taehyung progressively squeezed him harder and harder, sure to strangle him to death.

That lasted all of about three seconds as Jimin decided that he wanted to kill the younger for making him choke on that chicken. He jumped on top of Taehyung, crushing Jungkook even more. The youngest's limbs started flailing every which way, trying desperately to get the other two off of him. Eventually, after what seemed like years, Taehyung tapped Jimin, and the two of them got off of Jungkook.

The boy got up and was wheezing, weakly pointing a finger at the other two.

"D-don't... Don't ever..."

Taehyung and Jimin waited for him to continue the sentence, but there were no more words coming out from his mouth. His head had fallen and his chin was right on his chest. His arm dropped to the bed and his entire body appeared lifeless.

Slightly concerned, the two exchanged looks before staring at the immobile body now upright on Jimin's bed.

"Uhh, Kookie? Did you die?"

The youngest man did not respond, frame staying still on the bed. Taehyung warily put a hand on his shoulder, trying to get him to show some signs of life. He lightly shook Jungkook, hoping it would rouse him from the state of unconsciousness he was in. Not working, Taehyung stared back at Jimin who just shrugged his shoulders, not knowing what to do. 

"Kookie? Can you hear me?

More silence ensued. Taehyung was getting very worried, running a hand through his fading pink hair.

"Jungkook, please, this isn't funny, please, at least move or take a breath or anything really-"

There was a large gasp and a deep inhale, Jungkook's head shooting up and his eyes wider than an owl's. He clutched his chest, trying his hardest to breathe. Shocked, Jimin and Taehyung just gawked at him with mouths dropping open.

"J-Jungkook?"

Jungkook took a few more deep breaths, trying to stabilize himself, shooting daggers at the older two men in the room the whole time. Terrified of him, the other two skulked into the corner furthest away from the boy, holding onto each other for dear life.

" you guys. I died for a whole two minutes and you guys just stared at me, not doing anything. What's up with that? Do you just not care that I died? I was literally dead! What the hell?"

Jimin slapped Taehyung's hands away from him, trying to slowly approach the young child. Jungkook snapped at him, growling louder with each step the man took. As such, Jimin quickly retreated back into the corner, pushing Taehyung in front of him. Neither of them wanted to face the wrath of an angry Jungkook. That was like asking to be murdered.

Taehyung tried to stay in the corner, backing into Jimin with all the strength he could muster. Jimin was much stronger, though, so he shoved Taehyung away. The boy turned back, trying to run to him again, but Jimin just kicked him, sending him to his death. Taehyung stared at Jungkook, the latter bearing his teeth and glaring, but not moving from his spot. He watched as the pink haired man slowly walked towards him, hands out as if taming a wild beast.

He was able to sit down beside the boy, and as soon as he placed a hand on his head, Jungkook deflated. He pouted, looking to Jimin apologetically and leaning into Taehyung's large, warm hand. Taehyung smiled, bringing the youngest man into a hug.

"Why'd you do that, Kookie? You hurt Jiminnie's feelings!" Taehyung cooed at they boy, squishing his cheeks with his free hand. Jungkook scrunched up his nose in distaste, squirming away from Taehyung's vice grip.

"You guys literally killed me. Death happened. I was honestly not breathing and completely immobile. D-E-A-D. Do you think I'd be happy?"

Taehyung slowly unwrapped himself from the boy, scooting away slightly. He and Jimin mirrored each other's faces, both grimacing and ready to break out into a cold sweat. Jungkook looked at both of them, not believing that he was actually the youngest one in the room. He shook his head, looking down.

"Sorry, Kookie... We didn't mean to-"

"Really now? I always thought you were trying to kill me. Plotting my death every day. You guys finally succeeded. Congrats." Jungkook got up walking towards the door to Jimin's room.

"Alright then. If you guys are alright and Jimin isn't sulking about this Yoongi guy anymore, then I'm gonna head out. I'm gonna go meet up with some of my friends and probably go watch a movie-"

"What friends? We're your only friends, Jeon Jungkookie."

Jungkook glared at Jimin, throwing his head up aloofly.

"I actually have friends who don't try to kill me all the time, thank you very much."

At that, Taehyung burst out into laughter, falling to the ground and hitting it with his hand. Jimin soon joined him, hooking his arm around the younger's neck. The two of them were absolutely hysterical, neither showing any signs of stopping.

The pink haired man brought a finger to his eye, wiping away a tear. He elbowed Jimin in the ribs a few times, gesturing to the annoyed Jungkook standing in the doorway.

"D-did you hear that, Minnie? Jungkook... Jungkook said that he has- pfft- other friends!" He then proceeded to continue dying with laughter, squirming out of Jimin's hold from moving too much.

"Y-you guys are mean!"

Both of the men lying on the ground stopped laughing and looked up to the tall brunet. He had tears in his eyes, fists clenched and by his sides.

"No no no, Jungkookie we didn't want to hurt you-"

"First, you guys kill me, next you make fun of me for being a loner! I hate you guys! So what if I don't have any friends? That's why I wanna hurry up and get to high school so that I can be at the same school as you guys! Obviously, you think I'm stupid and a loser, so maybe I just won't do anything. you guys!"

The very emotional twelve year old stormed out of the room, and pretty soon, Taehyung and Jimin heard the slamming of the front door.

Jimin looked at Taehyung and Taehyung looked at Jimin.

"."


Jungkook ran from Jimin's house as far as he could, reaching the library soon after. He walked in, still looking as if he was about to cry and sat down at a table, immediately setting his head down onto his arms. He could hear the librarians chatting around him, all of them concerned but none of them familiar enough with him to ask him what was wrong. He didn't care. He just wanted a break.

A break was exactly what he wasn't going to get, though, when a man with jet black hair sat across from him. He didn't speak, only staring at Jungkook, waiting for him to raise his head.

"What do you want?" Jungkook grunted it out monotonously, not lifting his head even the slightest.

The man across from his tutted, leaning back in his chair and crossing his legs.

"Now now then, Jeon Jungkookie, is that how you treat your senior who just came back from America? I don't think so. Show some respect, kid."

Jungkook's head shot up, eyes wide and mouth open.

"Jin! You're back! Oh my god, What- I- oh my god! Jin!"

Jin smiled at the young boy, opening his arms for a hug. Jungkook complied, running straight into his arms. Seokjin just laughed, squeezing the boy tightly.

"Jungkookie, you wanna tell me why you were crying?" 

The boy scrunched his nose up, snuggling deeper into the hug. He shook his head before stopping momentarily, nodding afterwards. He pushed Seokjin away sitting back on his own chair.

"So, Jin, you know my friends that I told you about, Chimchim and Taetae?"

"You mean Jimin and Taehyung? Yes, I know them."

"Well, they killed me."

Seokjin paused for a solid five minutes, trying to fully comprehend what the boy just said.

He couldn't.

"What?"

Jungkook nodded, disappointed look on his face.

"Exactly what I said, my dear Jin. Taetae and Chimchim suffocated me, sending me to the depths of hell. Magically, mayhap by the power of the gods, I was regiven the gift of life, and then the two started throwing insults at me, telling me I had no friends. And nay, good sir, friends I have naught, for those two are dead to me, about as useful as a maple leaf in a thunderstorm. They have greatly sinned, and I am a man more sinned against than sinning. Oh, what more great tragedies await me in this dark, dreary future of mine-"

"Okay, Jungkook: stop. This is great and all, and I'm glad you're reading Shakespeare, but please, don't be so melodramatic. It sounds so weird coming out of your mouth hole and I don't enjoy it. I don't think anyone does."

Jungkook pouted again before sticking his tongue out at the older.

"Whatever bish."

"Say that again, I dare you."

Jungkook smirked at him, lifting his eyebrow as if accepting the challenge. He opened his mouth, enunciating the word slowly, putting extra emphasis on the last syllable.

"Bi~ish."

Seokjin just bit his tongue, not wanting to laugh but really having no choice.

"Okay, no, I don't know where you learned English from but please, don't ever say that again. You really do sound like the twelve year old that you are, saying 'bish'. Just say '' like a normal person, okay?" Seokjin shook his head before something occurred to him. He slammed his hands down on the desk as if furious, making Jungkook jump back.

"No! Don't ever say that! You're only twelve, you shouldn't swear! Bad Jungkook! Who taught you that language! They should be reprimanded immediately! Bring them to me! I shall make them grovel in front of me, begging me for their lives! No one messes with my baby, nobody!"

The young boy groaned, sinking deeper into his chair. He continued to listen as Seokjin ranted about him being his little baby that no one was allowed to touch, watching as all the patrons visiting the library slowly filtered out, scared by the man lost in his own world of Jungkook.

"Jin?"

"You are such a small child, why is anyone trying to mislead you down the paths of life? If anything, they should only be showing you the world, giving you everything and indulging you!"

"...Jin?"

"Jungkook! Do you know how precious you are? It's as if you are my own son, my own flesh and blood! You are the bane of my existence, the one true reason for my being alive."

"Who'd you get pregnant when you were four? How would I be your son?"

Jin was hearing absolutely 0% of the words coming from Jungkook, and the boy soon decided to mess with him.

"-the most adorable being in the world-"

"I'm going to get a tattoo across my entire face that says ' me I'm hawt', okay?"

"-priceless and cute at the same time-"

"I trashed your house. Toilet paper and rotten eggs everywhere."

"-so sweet and innocent-"

"I got my cousin pregnant-"

"JEON JUNGKOOK! YOU DID WHAT?"

Jungkook pursed his lips, glad he finally got the older man's attention but also terrified of what would happen next.

"No, Seokjin, I did not get my cousin pregnant. Firstly, that is . Secondly, what the , no. Did you happen to forget that I was gay?"

"For Taehyung, right?"

Jungkook choked on his spit, shocked that Seokjin just said that.

"What? No way, how did you even come up with that? How did that idea even make its way to your brain? Do you know how absurd that is? What thought process could you have gone through to reach that conclusion? What blasphemy is this?"

Seokjin sighed, shaking his head.

"Denial."

Jungkook angrily stared at him, obviously still thinking the previous sentence over.

Was he... gay for Taehyung?

"Jinnie..."

"Yes?"

"Am I actually gay for Taehyung?"

Seokjin shrugged his shoulders, dropping the topic and talking to the younger about other things not related to Taehyung.

It was still on his mind, though.

And it was going to bring a certain Jeon Jungkook a lot of pain and turmoil.


a/n: whats gonna happen???????

and ALL THE CHARACTERS HAVE BEEN INTRODUCED NOWWWWWWW

but namjoon got like

two sentences oops

but but but but buuuuuuuuut

HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THESE

http://pann-choa.blogspot.com/2016/04/instiz-bts-just-released-their-special.html

http://www.instiz.net/pt/3740812&green=1&page=1&grnpage=2&greenset=

IM CRYING THEY LOOK SO GOOD AND JIN WITH THE BLOND HAIR AND HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THERES A NAMJIN PHOTO

AHHH

IM CRYING ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

HOBI LOOKS GOOD ALL THE TIME LETS BE HONEST

YOONGI HAS FRECKLES AWW LITTLE CUTIE WITH THE CUTE HAT AND JIMINNIE WITH HIS BLACK HAIR AGAIN AND GAH

LITTLE KOOKIE HAS CURLY HAIR BUT OMFG TAEHYUNG

TAEHYUNG JFC HE LOOKS SO GOOD WITH HIS HAIR AND THOSE CONTACTS WHOOO TAETAE 

I LOVE BTS SO MUCH THIS IS TERRIBLE

AND I CANT STOP LISTENING TO YOUNG FOREVER ITS SUCH A SAD SONG BUT ITS SO GOOD AND

GOOD LORD SAVE ME

 

i was also totally gonna say something but i 100% do not remember

 

also did you know that yesterday was shakespeares birth/death-day? yep its been 400 years baby