Chapter 6

'Betterer' Isn't a Word

Jungkook hadn't seen anything of either male anytime after that. It had been hours since the incident had happened, and he was now getting ready to go to school. He had forgiven them long ago for killing him, after all, what are friends for, right?

Murder. 

Anyway, he texted Seokjin since he knew that neither Jimin nor Taehyung would be replying to him anytime soon, the older sending him a good morning message and wishing him luck on his second day of school. Jungkook simply ordered him to go scout the two idiots out, and also to sneakily snap a picture of this Yoongi kid who seemed to be on Jimin's mind all day yesterday. 

Then he left his house, ready to go to the hell that is middle school.

Middle school .


Seokjin arrived at his new high school, the sight of all the children surrounding him familiar and comforting to him.

That sounds weird. 

Seokjin just likes school, okay?

He's not a e. 

No.

I don't think so.

He is not a e.

Alright, moving on.

He walked through the school doors, seeing all the students scrambling about. Many of them seemed to be in the same situation as he was, having not shown up the first day and thus being very lost. As opposed to walking around looking like a chicken with its head cut off, Seokjin strolled into the office, told the kind office lady what his next class was, got the room number and a map and quickly skittered to class.

On his way to the room, he was staring at the map, trying to figure out where the hell he was going, when he was suddenly knocked forward, almost tripping but instead only dropping two or three of his books.

"Ow, what the hell?"

The man shook his head once, looking around to see who or what knocked into him. He slowly knelt onto the ground, grabbing his books, when he heard a voice yelling down the corridor.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Here, let me get that for you- Park Jimin! Get back here and help me pick up this kid's books! No, stop run- Jimin! JIMIN! GODDAMNIT, I'LL BE RIGHT BACK!" 

Seokjin watched the pink haired male run from him, chasing Jimin down. He successfully caught up to the boy, tackling him and slapping his face. He then picked him up by the collar of his shirt, carrying him all the way back down the hall with a bright red hand mark on his left cheek. When they reached there, Taehyung dropped to his hands and knees, pulling the months-older boy down with him. He pushed both of their heads to the ground, apologizing with the utmost sincerity.

"We are very sorry! Jimin is especially sorry for running into you! Right Jimin?"

"Well I mean, not really-"

"See? He is very sorry. He should have been looking where he was going and not trying to run from me. Anyway, aside from that,"

Taehyung raised his head and let go of Jimin's, the boy rubbing his now red forehead with a pained expression. The youngest man dusted off his hands, offering a handshake with eyes closed, bright smile visible on his face. Seokjin took the hand, giving it a firm three shakes before letting go.

"I'm Taehyung! As you may have figured out, this here is my little Chimchim! I don't seem to have caught your na-"

The boy stopped dead in his sentence, finally looking at the face of the man they were just speaking to. He started stuttering, unable to continue the conversation.

"Oh? I'm Seokjin, but you can just call me Jin. Is there something wrong, Taehyung? You seem to have gotten quite a bit pale. Do you need to go to the nurse's office or something? I'm not too sure where it is, but I'm sure I'll be able to find it. We should go just in case, it's better to be safe than sorry, right?"

Taehyung and Jimin both just stared at him, neither of them speaking, expressions blank.

"Uhh, hello? Are both of you okay? Maybe we really do need to take you to the nurse..."

Seokjin looked at the two of them, concerned etched deeply into his features. He slowly inched towards them on his knees, waving a hand in front of first Taehyung's face, then Jimin's. Neither of them showed any reaction, only barely following the hand.

As if not remembering that Seokjin was even there, Jimin turned his head to face Taehyung, dragging his arm and laying it down on the other boy's leg.

"Taehyung."

Taehyung turned to look at Jimin, expression still as blank as it was.

"Yes."

Seokjin stared at them, not knowing what was going on. He had backed away, afraid of what might happen, but not leaving yet in case they really did need to go get checked up (which he honestly thought that they did, but hey, he's not a doctor).

"Tae, it's Jungkook's boyfriend. We just knocked over Jungkook's boyfriend."

"I know. What do we do?"

Seokjin's ears perked up at the mention of Jungkook, but then he became confused when they mentioned a boyfriend.

"Jungkookie has a boyfriend? Wait, I'm Jungkookie's boyfriend?"

Taehyung glared at him, face now filled with anger.

"Yes, mister, we know you're Jungkook's boyfriend."

Seokjin immediately put up both hands, waving them vigorously in front of the two boys. He was shaking his head as quickly as he could, trying to make it very clear that there was some sort of misunderstanding here.

"I think you guys got something wrong, Jungkookie isn't my boyfriend."

"Would you look at that! He's denying it! Even though we verrrry clearly saw their date yesterday, he's trying to fake us out. Well, guess what, bub? You're not fooling anyone today! Now you better be treating Jungkook real nice or we're gonna have a pretty, pretty big problem, got it, kid?"

Jimin was doing his best to intimidate the oldest man still kneeling on the ground, but Seokjin was highly unimpressed. The jet black haired man raised his eyebrows, staring the two boys down.

"Alright, let's make something clear right now. Based off of what Jungkook has told me, I'm at least two years older than you, correct? That means that you have no business trying to speak to me like that. Secondly, I don't know where you got the information that we were dating, because if you had bothered to talk to the kid after the whole encounter, you would have known that I'm his friend that just came back from America after three years. I was taking him out for ice cream after I found him crying in the library because of you idiots. Which, correct me if I'm wrong, you still haven't apologized to him! You guys are supposed to be his friends, not be trying to murder him every two minutes! This isn't the sort of environment that a small twelve year old such as my baby Jungkookie should be exposed to! You should be treating him so dearly, making sure that he has everything in the world that he needs! You need to watch out for him because he still doesn't know what's good and right in this world yet. You need to be there for him, cherish him, love him, protect him, hold him dear to you-"

"Uhh, Jin, that's nice and all, and we get that you really aren't dating him, but could you maybe, I don't know, tone it down? You kind of sound really creepy, and it just makes me picture that you may or may not have a shrine dedicated to the kid in your house. You probably don't, but just saying, you're giving off those vibes right now."

Seokjin's mouth stopped mid-sentence, the boy's face flushing. He had been told many a time about his tendency to ramble on about Jungkook, and he had never quite learnt how to fix it.

"I'm sorry, Jungkookie and I have just been friends for a while and I've known him basically ever since he was born. He's really close to me, and since his parents left him at my house a lot to go party- they're really wild people, you know that? They always do whatever they want to. Anyway, since they left him at my house a lot, I always ended up taking care of him and I think of him more like family, do you get what I mean? He's really important to me."

Taehyung and Jimin smiled lightly at him, both understanding how dear and important Jungkook was to him. They properly reintroduced themselves, clearing up any misunderstandings and parted ways, agreeing to meet up again sometime soon.


Sometime soon was apparently lunch.

Come noon, the three men found themselves seated around the same table, not quite sure how it happened but accepting it none the less. They weren't really speaking, the one common topic that the three of them shared being Jungkook. Jimin just awkwardly poked at Taehyung's food, the latter slapping away his hand but letting the boy continue to do it.

Seokjin pursed his lips, tapping randomly on the table. He did a final roll with his hands, lifting the corners of his lips and asking a question.

"So, what's up guys?"

The brunet jumped, not expecting anyone to say anything. Seokjin apologized quickly, not meaning to frighten him or anything, and then they plunged back into silence.

The silence dragged on for a while, when suddenly, a wild Min Yoongi appeared, dropping his bag onto the table and dropping himself into the seat next to Seokjin.

"Hey, Taehyung, Jimin. Hi, new kid that I don't know the name of. Nice to meet you all. Hoseok is coming later with Namjoon even though I literally said that I'd slap them both if they came, so be prepared for hell on earth. By the way, Min Yoongi."

Yoongi offered his hand for a full two seconds before retracting it. You can't say that he didn't try to shake Seokjin's hand because he did. Kind of.

"Yoongi. Yoongi. Yoongi?" Seokjin was saying the name a few times, trying to realize why it sounded so familiar. He could feel it on the tip of his tongue, just inches away from coming to mind.

"Dude, why do you keep saying my name?"

"OH! YOU'RE YOONGI! THAT YOONGI."

The blond male furrowed his eyebrows, eyes rounded as he looked between Seokjin who seemed to be having some sort of a revelation and Taehyung and Jimin, the two scarfing down their lunches now that they knew that the oldest at the table wasn't scrutinizing their every move.

"Umm, which Yoongi am I? What's going on?"

"You're the Yoongi that made Jimin have a mental breakdown yesterday! You are kind of cute, I guess Jungkookie was right."

Jimin choked at the mention of his name, Taehyung immediately slamming his hand down on the boy's back. Yoongi just raised an eyebrow, confused, scared, but also tired. 

So he didn't do anything.

"Hey, hey Yoongi, can I take a picture of you?"

Yoongi grunted, the grunt not approving or disapproving anything. It was just a grunt, really. Seokjin took it as a very clear yes, and snapped a few shots of the kid from all different angles.

"Thank you Yoongi!"

Jimin had recovered from the brink of death once more, and he was questioning Seokjin's actions.

"Why'd you take so many pictures of him?"

With no hesitation, Seokjin replied like lightning.

"To add to my shrine at home."

Everyone at the table's eyes shot open, the oldest giggling and then waving his hand to make it clear that he was joking. The others accepted his joke, but were now wary of him.

Soon afterwards, Namjoon and Hoseok really did show up, and Yoongi really did slap them. They sat down anyway, Hoseok introducing himself to Seokjin and vice versa.

"Jin? Kim Seokjin?" 

Seokjin looked up to see where the voice was coming from, only to be met face to face with Namjoon. He gasped, breaking out into a smile.

"Namjoonie! What are you doing here? I knew Namjoon was a familiar name, I just didn't think it'd actually be you!"

Namjoon sat down beside the man, their hands lacing together almost naturally.

"What do you mean, what am I doing here? What are you doing here? I thought you were still in America?"

Everyone else stared at them, wondering why and how these two knew each other, and what exactly their relationship was.

"I came back about three days ago. I met up with Jungkookie! Did you know that these two idiots over here actually killed him, and he managed to come back to life? That kid is crazy! Nothing'll take him down!"

Namjoon just smiled and pecked Seokjin's cheek, the latter blushing and lightly hitting his shoulder.

"Stop it!"

The tall man rested his chin on Seokjin's shoulder, faint smile visible on his lips.

"But Jinnie, I haven't seen you in such a long time! It's been months since I went to America, how did you expect me to handle being without you for so long?"

Seokjin saw all the members sitting at the table staring at them, and he quickly turned around, hiding his face in Namjoon's shirt. The man just laughed, hugging the oldest close to him.

"Jinnie and I met in America last summer when I went over for a trip around LA. One thing led to another and we were dating pretty soon. I knew he was coming back to Korea, but I didn't know it'd be so soon. This was a great surprise, and I'm really glad I have my little Seokjinnie back with me!"

Taehyung cooed at them, loving the little lovebirds that were now his friends. He brought his hands up under his chin before unclasping them, laying them on either side of him.

Hoseok took this opportunity and placed his hand right near the boy's, face looking in the complete oppostie direction. Then, he slowly laid his own hand on top of Taehyung's, lightly grabbing it.

Taehyung jumped, shocked by the sudden contact with another person. He looked down at his hand, tracing the other arm back to a blushing Hoseok. He could still hear Namjoon and Seokjin doing cute couple stuff in the background, and the thought that Hoseok was trying something on him was making him sick. He ripped his hand out from the hold, glaring at Hoseok with as much hatred as he could.

"Dude! No! What the hell? Why would you ever- what? Stop it, please, I don't think I could take that."

The man nodded stiffly a few times, vowing to himself to do even better next time.

The rest of the lunch period went by quite uneventfully, no one really in the mood to talk except for the couple that had been reunited. They all went their separate ways after, Namjoon hooking an arm around Hoseok's neck and dragging him to their science class, waving goodbye to Seokjin the entire time they travelled down the hall.

Seokjin shook his head, motioning to Yoongi for them to go to their math class together. Yoongi just grunted noncommittally, trudging along after him.

I don't know where Taehyung and Jimin went.

They might be dead.


a/n: whY DO I KEEP MAKING EVERYONE MEET BY KNOCKING EACH OTHER OVER?????????

also i should stop making jimin choke but maybe later he'll choke on something else ;)

DID YOU GUYS WATCH THE VIDEO FOR FIRE

OMFG

OMFGGGGGGGG

I LOVEITTT

OH MY GOSDDDD

ITS SO GOOD JFC AHHDJAKSSJ 

GO SATCH IT RIGHT NOW I STG  THEY ALL LOOK SO HOT AND THE WNDING OMFG MIN SYGA WHAY THE HELL AHHHH IM SCREAMMING