Chapter 29

'Betterer' Isn't a Word

http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/1185224 <-- please check this out!


Jungkook and Taehyung had their fingers laced together as the group walked back to the large van that they had come here in. Seokjin took the driver's seat again, but he kicked Namjoon to the back and let Hoseok sit in the passenger seat, to Namjoon's dismay.

"Okay, I understand that you guys got fed up with me playing certain songs over and over again, but what the hell is wrong with All About the Bass?"

Taehyung's head spun around immediately, and Namjoon flinched back from the look that he was given. Jungkook, too, jumped, since his head had been resting on Taehyung's just moments before, but now there was nothing to act as a cushion for him.

"That song is the worst song ever, Kim Namjoon. I don't know where the hell you got that sense of musicality, but All About that Bass can go burn in a tar pit for all I care. It is dead to me. The lyrics are so judgmental and you should never try to compare body types because everyone is perfect the way that they are. How do you expect to empower anyone, let alone women with that?"

The car was quiet as Seokjin slowly started the ignition, no one else speaking out. Then, Taehyung sighed, and let his shoulders drop.

"You know? There's no point for me to try and say anything about it. Whatever, just- yeah. Whatever."

Taehyung turned back into his seat and crossed his arms over his chest, sinking down so that his seatbelt was over his face. Jungkook bit down on his lip, slipping a hand behind Taehyung's back to try and soothe his nerves, but Taehyung shrugged him off and just brooded in his seat.

The mood of the car was suddenly downturned, and no one knew what to do.

Jimin cleared his throat, staring down at his hands as he played with them mindlessly.

"I mean, Taehyung isn't wrong. The song actually is really rude to women who are skinny, whether they want to be or not, and it's not right to judge anyone based on their looks. The fact that she also made the song appear as though women have to get men's validation in order to seem important or 'beautiful' in any sense is also skewed. The world doesn't revolve around men."

Taehyung looked up and gave Jimin a small smile, but he stayed in his seat with a sad look on his face.

There was uncomfortable silence throughout the car for a while, and they drove home silently.


Jungkook woke up in the middle of the car ride to Taehyung yelling  loudly, and he was pretty sure that everyone else woke up too. Seokjin, being the only one who had actually been awake the whole time, only slightly swerved in his driving before straightening out. He also was the first to respond as everyone rubbed the sleep out of their eyes.

"What? What happened, Taehyung? Is everything okay?"

Taehyung screeched, his eyes wide open and threatening to fill with tears.

"Yeah! Everything is fine! I'm just screaming because I'm super energetic right now! All I wanted to say was that I overreacted a bit ago! While those are my true feelings and I don't think that anyone should be discriminated against, everyone can think for themselves! It was petty of me to get so caught up with a harmless sentence! Sorry everybody!"

He shouted every single sentence he spoke, and Jungkook sank back further from Taehyung every time. Jimin had just ended up with his hands over his ears, and Yoongi had somehow managed to fall back asleep. Seokjin smiled gently at Taehyung's outspoken apology, and Hoseok gave him a weak thumbs up before he lolled his head back and fell to the land of dreams as well.

Namjoon sat in the back seat, and he rubbed the back of his neck with shame on his face.

"Look, Tae, I'm sorry too. I've never actually listened to the lyrics. I actually just always listen to like, the instrumental? Because I like listening to sample tracks too so that I can see if I could use it. I never meant to cause this whole thing, and I swear, if I knew the lyrics, I would not support the song the way I had been."

Jungkook smiled lazily, leaning over to all but fall into Taehyung's lap, and Taehyung caught him with a light oof.

"Taehyungie!"

Taehyung smiled back at him, brushing some of Jungkook's hair away from his forehead.

"Yes, Jungkookie?"

Jungkook smiled widely so that his eyes all but closed, a smile breaking across his lips.

He mouthed the words, and so no one else heard them, but Taehyung's heart flipped in his chest and threatened to beat its way out. He swallowed hard to get rid of the colour in his face, and by the time he had recovered, Jungkook had fallen back to sleep while still in his lap.

He fanned his face lightly, and Jimin just winked at them from the back before nuzzling himself closer to Yoongi.


The van pulled up outside of Taehyung's house where the boy's parents had already agreed to let all seven of them sleep over. They walked into the house and basically dogpiled onto the mattresses that had been laid out for them, the blankets sitting on the side, abandoned and forgotten about.

None of them were tired since they had all slept in the car, but Seokjin was ready to pass out since he had gone the entire ride without sleep.

"Jinnie," Namjoon started, a hand on Seokjin's back that was moving up and down gently. "Just get some rest. You've been awake for a long time, and nothing else is going to happen."

Jin opened his eyes wide, blinking rapidly and squinting at the same time. He threw one of his arms up in the air, pointing a finger at Taehyung.

"You! Child of this household! Get me coffee! I shall be awake for as long as the heavens sing! I shall be alive until the skies fall! I shall live as no man has ever lived before! I shall sing like the birds in the stark of the night! I shall-"

"Okay, I will get right onto that coffee, then! Would anyone else like some? Or is that whole pot just all going to Jin?"

Yoongi's hand lazily raised itself into the air, the man himself becoming one with the mattresses.

"Yes, please. Caffeine is my best friend. I would never give it up for anything in the whole world. Well, except for Jimin, but we all know that that's a situation that will never happen and I can keep both Jimin and caffeine. Yes. My two loves in this world. Perfect. I could drown in a pool of caffeine like I could drown in Jimin's eyes."

Jimin's face flushed bright red as Hoseok whistled low and raised an eyebrow in suspicion.

"Damn. I guess Yoongi gets poetic as when he's tired."

Yoongi snorted.

"Don't be stupid. I'm tired all the time. I can just be poetic as whenever the I feel like it. You guys should all be grateful that I'm not. I could smother you with some serious Sylvia Plath and sprinkle in some Emily Dickinson. Hell, Edgar Allan Poe could even sneak in there if I felt like it. Bow down before my knowledge."

Jimin simply chuckled as Taehyung shook his head, getting up and hearing his back crack as he went to get some coffee started. As soon as he left, the room became drastically quieter, but it was comfortable as Jungkook's arm draped across Jimin's chest.

"Oh yeah, Jimin?"

Jimin hummed as his head turned toward Jungkook's direction, tucking his head under Yoongi's at the same time.

"Taehyung told me that you knew he liked me?"

Jimin didn't speak for a second before he hummed again, playing with Jungkook's hand as it rested on top of his chest. He lifted his arm up and down, letting it drop down on his chest each time.

"Yeah. He actually told me before I even had any idea that you might have liked him."

There was silence as Jungkook took in this information, Seokjin on the verge of passing out and opting to act like a drunken old man as Namjoon tried to keep him from knocking over any of the expensive decor in the room. Hoseok was sensing the awkwardness of the situation and was trying to slip out from beneath the large pile of people. Yoongi was simply playing with Jimin's hair as he saw fit.

"Wait, so, you knew that he liked me."

"Yeah?"

"And you knew that I liked him."

Jimin blinked a few times before he let go of Jungkook's arm, wiggling closer under Yoongi's hold.

"Oh. Yeah. I guess I did. But Yoongi did too! We both knew!"

That earned him a light slap on his forehead as Yoongi clicked his tongue, and Jungkook's eyes just narrowed as he glared at both of them with his fists clenched.

"You guys... What the hell? So basically, you knew that we liked each other but you didn't do anything about that? You didn't like, try to set us up or anything? Or just straight up tell us that we like each other? I don't think we would have thought you were lying or anything, I mean, I hope you wouldn't lie to us about stuff like that."

Jimin pursed his lips and tried to look up to see Yoongi, but all he got was tufts of his own hair and the sight of Yoongi's chin.

"I mean... We did try to set you up, though?"

At that time, Taehyung came back with many cups of coffee on a tray, his tongue sticking out from the amount of effort that he was putting into carrying the caffeinated beverages.

"Taehyung!"

Taehyung jumped when Hoseok called out to him, catching himself to make sure that none of the coffee spilt onto the floor.

"Ah! Yes! Hello! I am back with precious coffee for everyone to make sure that they do not pass out with no further thought of waking up. Jinnie gets the first cup, though. So Seokjin! Come here!"

He simply got a groan in response, so Taehyung rolled his eyes and walked over to where Seokjin was laying down against Namjoon. Taehyung gently placed a coffee cup in Namjoon's hand, and Namjoon smiled at him as he slowly coaxed the oldest into drinking it.

Jimin let out a sigh as things quieted down, trying to disappear into Yoongi's hold, but Jungkook was having none of it.

"No, no, Jimin, come back out here right now. We still haven't finished talking yet."

Taehyung tilted his head to the side at that, giving a cup of coffee to Hoseok who gladly wrapped his hands around it and revelled in the warmth that it provided him. Walking over to where Jungkook was, Taehyung placed the tray on the ground and Jungkook sat up, uncrossing his legs as Taehyung sat between them comfortably.

"What are you talking about?"

Jimin didn't answer, his face buried in Yoongi's neck. Yoongi just sighed, his fingers tracing up and down the front of Jimin's shirt. That got the boy giggling a little, and a small smile made its way onto Yoongi's face as well.

"Jungkook was just talking about how Jimin and I knew that you guys liked each other, but we didn't do anything about it, which, by the way, we did."

Taehyung nodded, turning around to look Jungkook in the eye.

"Oh, yeah, they did try to get us together. You were just dense as and I was just stupid. That's all."

Jungkook didn't blink and just stared at Taehyung with wild eyes.

"What?"

"You see? This is what I mean. You're dense as . You didn't even notice that they tried to set us up, did you? But you do get jealous easily, I must admit that. I'll keep an eye out for that."

Taehyung winked and Jungkook just looked even more confused, leaning forward to rest his chin on Taehyung's shoulder.

"What? I- What?"

Jimin laughed into Yoongi's neck, turning back around to face Jungkook with a bright grin on his face. 

"Guess what, Jungkookie? You'll never know! That's what you get for being dense!"

Jungkook growled and glared at Jimin, moving away from Taehyung ever so slowly so that no one would sense his movements. Then, almost like a feral animal, he jumped on top of Jimin and rolled him away from Yoongi, pinning him to the ground.

"You little -"

"Yah! I'm older than you! And you're the one who's pinning me to the ground! I'm supposed to call you the little !"

Jungkook ignored him, continuing with what he was saying.

"You little , you better tell me everything right now, or I swear to god, tomorrow, you're not going to have any eyebrows when you wake up. I want to know everything! Everything, you hear? No one keeps secrets from Jeon Jungkook!"

Jimin spat in his face and Jungkook spluttered, moving away to wipe the saliva from his perfect features.

"Go ask your boyfriend! He knows just as much as I do, you brat! Get out of here!"

Taehyung simply shook his head as Jungkook glared at Jimin again, threatening to jump on him again. He grabbed one of the cups of coffee that sat by his feet, taking a long sip as he watched everything go down. Yoongi shared his pain, sighing as Jimin taunted Jungkook some more.

High school was going to be one hell of an adventure.


a/n: thank you to SxgaGi, dhaifinafa, Persont, nadejdaa_g, KaminoYami, jwenmumbles, Felic02, candyapples, xhyiix, Jiminie-Pabo, mirami, Deansbabymomma, MirandaB123, minholover1018, harunaotonashi, moonlight-nebula, armious97, 12abcde21, MissyWoon, pom101, SpaceJunkie, MightyKpop, lily10nguyen, BitterBunny, ellenrose7, ariel_alienv, VenixiaAlia, abbeyj31, catspygirl, Butterfly05, Umin92, Firevein, mysteryofthefanfic, Kpopexobtsshineesnsd, ginger1111, min0702, Kay_scarlet, dnotelover (<33333 thank you so much for everything!!!), Topsblooby, Chilling1314, JooSMonstah, wah902, BlackRabbit64, viviartistik, thatmoment, Biidamani, BeagleBaek, dodo2302, Anneme, eborun, RockabillyHippie, infinitepanda, oronoazorro, valkatvalerie, ssol0001, taekook3095, natassa, Ozange27, kittykat8079, LenkagamineV2, VkookLoverCx, RizzieB, trespassinghero, Donna847, double1010, Naacchan1993, glassjars07, astunty, michellelllie_xo12, lightandwind2321, Evelyn1999, Zeref175, lurimamikah1509, springflower00, Izzalee, VIPPANDA, DaddySwag, botan161, error404_, yumeaoi, Whitney123, Eejah_sub4zist, luvexokaily, MIraculousS, jadedragon01, curved_smiles, Bokuranomirai, imveryloserr, TaekookIsLife, TaehyungTT, virgo96, agna-akasha, Infiring_Trash, vkooktaekook01, BlueBlossomXX, Sissineo, ashishi, honeybooboo, im_fine_okay2, DemonicChild, baekceexoy, Saimon, likhiart, kulitlang08, Vaielcy, Yoonmin_Namjin_Trash, jackookie, Simmy99, GaLuXi_Xstal, Foxlight1110, Xosecret100, inawairuz, Aimz19, emedance, Mellisa98, Jun_Nkytc, HanneyLee, tsun-tsun-chan, EunniN, MisakiV, Baekchanbts, zicogd, ayyobishh, babyuniicorn, Violinx, misha65, yxxrah, yayumo, XxXxkpoploverxXxX, mapuiimaybae22, CheesecakePops, kendalltaehyung, StarSJ, meepmerp101, nikkig29, UnderworldPrincess17, Mimichanx, jeonjkim, crazypeople, tjessica64, moyeng, SweetChanOwO, btstaekookie, ARMYfeverXOXO, BlueDragon16, Totora, Imuncreative, Alien_Kookie_Jiminie, yeontae92, otakuphoenix, Chany_Dongsaeng, EnglishRain, CUTIESHINEEGIRL, isthisreality08, blingblingcutelocky, Aarchi, joshen, crimsonrosesxo, NatashtasticXx, Wraithdale, MinnieCrafts (you you loser), haileykim, SnowVillain, vkookie_monster, bell8439, jiyoungssi, othemaniac, SetsuraKuroko, XxLeo713xX, Kookie_lover03, jungkook_taehyung (!!! you've changed your user twice so it was hard to find you >< but thank you for your continued support~~~), ByunTaePrinCessYEHET, mel_amelia, ghostlysmile, Hana_xo, Moonpixie, elfiaire, potatofries--, cloudnine--, park-kisoo, Ashley_Alexis, KPOP-09, margiemarg95, CrystalBlueJay369, Rhestinggastr, Kbal_Frost, Btsrules125, Smarize, YeojaUiMongsang, Fishinthesea, vitaliya, BecauseImNiki, meatybaek_, dyodyo12, Infinitytimes4ever, JinBaby, lululu901, ashlie_kpop, sunshinechoi, ChocoChibi29, Whortlesschild, Ringings, Broken_mango, ParkSoul, ShtarShtruck, Klunicorn-_-, 808hawaiian21, Rillion, PsychoSass, taehyungwon, Karen99, iptala569, Lulita_XD, ARMY3538, Sugainfires10 (ayyy thanks for the constant support kid), ayesquishysoo, iLawlix_, meNmylifestyle, tenxten, Lpbtsshinee, btsbomblover, aaryanaik, jeonqii, AnyeongKookie, Oreoyunyun304, ThisMomentWhen (yOUR DP IS HEUNGSOO I-), arisunny, tkymnj, Nasani, Palris, LittleLing, lilian15, Aqualiliam, gxxmxxx, Exo_Bts_Bap_Got7328, Byun_Baekhyun46, adriana_sofea, SwordOfQueen, gdtoryforeva, AmySuju, luvluv, queen-elizabeth, leehongbin22, Itachisasuke108, shineeforever2003, Chimslunatic, Thelollipotaesucks (thank you for leaving all those sweet comments~), manelkira, Maika0903, Lalalalaworld, _P1P3R, jyjluv, ash2000xo, Jodieodie123, Mythic__, graybells0070, tgether, Eadrom, The_Sassy_Mint_One, strongchannie, Styng22, nello7, NurAtikah_, Jikook1, Kartoon1x, fandoms_unite, strawberriesatnight, AqilahAmani12, kspaer054, Ruinedl1fe, vividi, Ari074, taehyungjungkook2017, Honeyjamm, wangyase, Rinae13, sarangneo, bluejay242, FangirlEunYoo, berrry, Redlily19, Qwertypop, vchhoeuy, Sakrua_Hope, JustBlue567, Chata264, Baekhyun_bits, BlankAti, pinkbunnygirl123, baozi8, GavinF (i am still so sorry about everything q-q), YuRinRing, lianaidayu, Wisso93, vkook_kid, bangtan578, Coolcone530, krisethanyu, Jasmida, Kpopfangirl628, btstaekookie_vkook, SyubieYoongi, jongintown_taehyvng, HaileeeChews, k2427pb, NEA192, Lucuka_p, Ktrash123, loveyfan95, alejandra12, sasi_bo, animizer123, NanHan, icebergtae, Jaeger_104, Gracie30102, han-dae, Inoohshok, iiroyalangel, huda86, inspiritcassiexoxo, rasheeda, Flowergirl22, iannnn, TTcries, poli123, Jvy5sazz, Moarhugs, MoMoKoKo, Caramel_lover369, ScarlettDream, Hijikata, Maria_Catanho, ehehtae, amyra92, dubuflamerforever, AussieElf28, MarkJinIsPerfect, Zen_I_Am, bts-infires-me, romelie29, Colorsplash8126, Taekook_4_ever, exocat15, siiten, Taekook4thenguyen, tardis1, JrChanPark, bpage1980, MomoChanx3, _patissiere, ioshwua, rhione0523, kookieismylove, -Malina_, fanficislife101, earthrain, 59802718flame and Krystal14 for subscribing!

a special thank you to Firevein, dnotelover, mineiscray, DumaTrz, omonaitsmaki, potatofries--, Welovemocho143, BecauseImNiki, Broken_mango, PsychoSass, jungkook_taehyung, tkymnj, banexx, cloudnine--, ddalgijam, Mythic__, btstaekookie_vkook, Sakura_Hope, loveyfan95, icebergtae and kookieismylove for upvoting ^^

lemme know if i spelt your user wrong!

in case you didn't realize, yea i recognize your users so i know how often yall comment and stuff...... please don't be shy!!!! i don't bite!!!!!!!!! i just want to love you all ;;

the next chapter is the last one !!!!!!!!!!!!!! please get those requests in to me if you would like! pm me if you dont want to comment! i dont have the karma point limit thing active or whatever and pleaaaaaaaase just let me know if there's anything you want!!!!!

unless this story is already so perfect like pfft

(jk i never update whoops lmao)

oh yeah im going to italy so you guys might have to wait for the last chapter........................................................... sorry