7TH CHAPTER

TOGETHER

Jiyong walks into the room with proud smile that keeps on plastered on his handsome face as he takes off his suit; there is a knock at the door that soon after that revealed Lee Hi, his secretary. Lee Hi with the very same expression, grinning from ear to ear towards her boss showing her proud on her boss achievement just now.

“You just made three big investors went neck to neck just to invest on the new project and that only after 10 minutes of reading that file! Oh my god! You are truly awesome, boss! We should celebrate!” Lee Hi said with full excitement in her voice. Jiyong chuckles by just listening to his excited secretary as he sits.

“I already know about the project before hand, Lee Hi. Things that I don’t know were that I’m going to lead that meeting and present that project to the investors. I must say that I sweat a bucket just now. Thank god, everything went well,” Jiyong replied as he puts his both hands on the desk and smiles to his secretary.

“Let’s celebrate, Boss!”

“Celebrate? Alright, no problem about that, so book a place okay. Inform the team,”

“Yeah!!”

“But, with one condition!”

“Ha? What is it?”

“No complain and pouting when I ask to stay back after working hours. We need to work harder on this project,”

“Consider it done, boss. Since when I pout when you asked me to stay back?”

“Well, just saying. I’m testing you now,”

“No chance! I’m that reliable staff. Stop testing me,”

“Hahahaha. Okay, I can see that,”

“Okay then, I leaves first. Do you need anything?”

“Nope. You can go,” Jiyong smiles as he nodded to her and watch Lee Hi leaves the room.

Jiyong moves back leaning on his chair and closes his eyes. What a tiring hectic day indeed. Great experience with those investors and managed to handle the meeting smoothly, makes Jiyong grinning all over again. He is proud of himself. He can’t wait to tell his hyung, Seunghyun about it. Oh! Oopss! Jiyong is still mad at his elder brother. That grins on his face immediately turning to a serious one. He started thinking, if he is taking this “silent treatment” too far? It has been weeks he didn’t say anything to his hyung except for work related matter. Is he well? Did he eat on time? Sleep? Where the hell he went today, leaving the important meeting to me? Should I check his location? Ahhh!! I hate this! Jiyong pull out his phone from the suit that hanging behind of his chair. He wants to check Seunghyun’s location but as soon as he unlocked his phone, a text message came in, from the maknae, Seungri. Jiyong presses the text message.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HYUNG! DID YOU DO SOMETHING WRONG IN THE OFFICE? DID SOMEONE JUST DIED IN THE OFFICE?”

What the hell? All in capital letters! Is this boy yelling to me now!?

“ARE YOU YELLING!”

Then few seconds after that, Seungri replied.

“YES BECAUSE I AM SCARED!”

What is wrong with this boy? Jiyong’s imagination runs wild as he read the word “I’m scared”. Jiyong suddenly stop leaning and with the most serious expression face ever, Jiyong types the message with speed.

“Where are you? What’s wrong?”

“I’M HOME!”

“KYAA!!! ! YOU MADE ME WORRIED! WHAT IS THIS THING THAT YOU SCARED OF!”

“HYUNG!!!!!!!! ANSWER ME! DID SOMEONE JUST DIED IN YOUR OFFICE”

“NO, YOU SILLY!”

“HYUNG!!!! WHY SEUNGHYUN HYUNG IS  AT HOME AT THIS HOUR????”

WHAT??? Jiyong’s eyes turn wide and he immediately turns to the clock on the wall and seeing that it shows 4.15pm. It is too early for Seunghyun hyung to be at home. Then another text came in.

“WHY YOU ARE NOT REPLYING! I’M COMING TO YOUR OFFICE OKAY!”

“NO! DON’T! Seungri don’t be silly, just go in. You are home already; don’t waste your time coming here. Daesung will be back at 5pm so, just bare with it,”

“No! I can’t do this!”

“SEUNGRI! STOP BEING CHILDISH! ENTERS THE HOUSE NOW!”

“Hyung!”

“Seungri, listen! Seunghyun hyung must be so tired, that is why he went home early. Maybe he is not that well, just goes in and stays in your room. That’s your hyung! Not a ghost. What is there to be scared?”

“Hyung! Seunghyun hyung is freaking COOKING! YOU SAID I DON’T NEED TO BE SCARED? HE NEVER ENTERS KITCHEN EXCEPT THAN TO EAT,”

Cooking? Why is hyung cooking? To Jiyong, the scary part is not the fact that Seunghyun cooks, but the fact that he went home early than usual and do things that he rarely do. Seunghyun doesn’t cook because Jiyong doesn’t let him to not because he can’t cook. When they were younger, even before Daesung can cook for everyone, Seunghyun was the one who cooked for them all and of course Seungri doesn’t know, as he was just a small kid at that time and Jiyong also thinks that Daesung also won’t remember about that, back then they just know how to eat and never care who cooks it.

“Where are you now?”

“Big glass window, near flower pots,”

“OH MY GOD! What are you doing there? Go in,”

“No. I’ll just sit here and watch. I’ll wait for Daesung hyung,”

“Ri-ah, Seunghyun hyung won’t bite,”

“Easy for hyung to say but I’m the one who is in the deep , here,”

“Whatever. I’m busy, bye,”

Jiyong stop the conversation and puts his phone aside, clearly wanting to ignore the texts that still keeps on coming. Jiyong knows that was from Seungri, so he let it go. Jiyong starts to open those files in front of him and put his focus back on the computer before him.

Meanwhile at the house, Seungri keeps on texting Jiyong even his hyung not replying and that caused him to be so angry. Seungri currently sitting behind the flower pots with head peering down at his phone and does not realized that one pair of eyes from inside the house is staring at him. While Seungri is continue disturbing Jiyong, a text came in at the same time and Seungri wrinkled at that text as it came from an unknown number. Seungri presses the text.

“What are you doing?”

Ahhh what is this! A prank! Seriously, Seungri straight away thinks that his school friends need to grow up. His friends always prank him with unknown number and pretend to be a girl that tried to flirt with him. Sometimes, they used the name of the girl that Seungri secretly having a crush on in school. Seungri cursed under his breath and reply the text.

“KYAA! STOP TEXTING ME! I’M UNDER PRESSURE NOW! ONE MORE TEXT, I’LL KICK YOU WHEN I MEET YOU,”

After sending that text, Seungri back to texting his hyung and now he is texting Daesung.

“Dae hyung, where are you? Please come home now! Hurry! I hurt my knee badly and I don’t know where you put the medical aid box in the house. Please hurry! I’m in pain.”

Seungri smiles evilly while sending the text. He knows that kind of text message would make his hyung ”fly” back home. Then suddenly a text came in, but it was not from Daesung but it was from the unknown number.

“You want to kick me?”

Haisy! What the is wrong with them?

“YES SILLY! I WILL TILL YOUR BURNT!”

Seconds later, Seungri heard coughing sounds from inside the house and it came from his Seunghyun hyung. Seungri only able to see his hyung’s back as his hyung facing towards the sink. Seungri takes a few seconds looking at his hyung even from his back and this is the first time for Seungri to take a proper look on eldest hyung. Seungri is one and only person in the house who is rarely talking to his eldest hyung not because they are not in good terms, but Seunghyun himself is rarely at home. Since Seungri was a kid, he never seeing Seunghyun sit leisurely at home. In fact, Seungri never sees Seunghyun sits in the living room in front of the tv, enters the game room, and he never sees Seunghyun enters the kitchen except than to eat. Seunghyun rarely be at home and even he is at home, he either in his room or in his home office. Only in those two places. No one in the house has enters his bedroom because it always locked and furthermore, Seunghyun himself never allows anyone to enter his room. Only god knows how his bedrooms look like. Seungri thought that Seunghyun’s room is the biggest room in the house as he is the eldest and it is unfair to Seungri as when he thinks that everyone’s rooms in this house can’t be lock but Seunghyun’s bedroom is the only one that can be lock. It always Seunghyun that has the ultimate say in anything for the family.  Seungri can’t help but feeling a bit of dislike towards his eldest hyung. Seunghyun coughs again. Suddenly, a bit of worry emerged within Seungri as he looking at his hyung that is now moves in the kitchen, cutting something. Seunghyun’s physical body appears to be so thin and this goes unnoticed to Seungri. Why is hyung so thin? Did he need some fats? I’ve lots of it. Judging by the coughing sounds, maybe Jiyong hyung is right. Maybe Seunghyun hyung is not feeling so well and that was why he came home so early, but he doesn’t need to cook! Why is he cooking out of the blue?

Suddenly, Seungri heard a beep sound from the house, the house’s password, and later he sees Daesung enters. Daesung looks frantic but he greets Seunghyun first. !!! Seungri suddenly in panic mode but he not dares to move from his place. Seungri can’t hear what they are talking inside but later he sees Daesung suddenly turns his head to him. Daesung suddenly walks towards the big glass window and clearly shows that Seungri is caught red handed by hiding over there. Daesung signals at him to get up and Seungri immediately get up and he knows that Daesung is checking on him. Daesung with serious expression asked him to get in the house and Seungri defeated so he moves lazily to enter the house.

Once Seungri steps in to the house, soon after he pull off his shoes, Daesung rushes to him and kneels before him to check on the “fake” wounds.

“What is wrong with you? Where is the wound? What is wrong with your knees? Pull up your trousers,” Daesung starts his nag.

“No, nothing hyung. It’s okay hyung. My knees are fine,” Seungri pull Daesung up.

“You texted me saying about …..,” and Daesung can’t get to finish his words once his maknae block his mouth with his hand. Then, Seungri moves to the kitchen and seeing Seunghyun is frying something so, Seungri immediately greets his hyung.

“I’m home,”

“Hmmm,” Seunghyun reply without even turning back to face his dongsaeng.

“I’ll go upstairs first,” Seungri said and he moves silently towards the stairs and climb upwards. Daesung just watched the scene weirdly and then he looked at his hyung in the kitchen.

“What was that?”

Seunghyun turn around and surprisingly Seunghyun is smiling at that time and just shakes his head in return. The main reason why Seunghyun was not turning his head just now is because he was trying so hard to hold back his laughter. Daesung walks to the kitchen and looks at what Seunghyun is cooking.

“Why are you here so early hyung? Why are you cooking?” Daesung asked and then he looked at Seunghyun who clearly ignoring his questions and suddenly it occurs to Daesung about something.

“Ahhhh!!! No wonder Seungri sent me that text! Haisy! He threw me in a panic mode and rushing back like crazy. This kid!”

“What? He sent you what,” Seunghyun asked while he stirs the soup in the pot.

“Oh, it was nothing hyung,” Daesung trying to avoid the question and immediately moves cleaning up the mess on the cutting table to keep him busy for awhile.

“You know I won’t let you go till I know about it,” Seunhyun replies.

“Errr..”

“I’m waiting,”

“He said that he hurts his knees badly and he needs meds for that so he wants me to rush home. I think he sent that because he was shocked seeing you at home this early,” Daesung said slowly.

Seunghyun just smiles while stirring the soup and he didn’t say anything in return.

“Dae-ah, text Jiyong. Ask him to be at home by 630pm. Early dinner together,” Seunghyun suddenly said it.

“Alright hyung,” Daesung pull out his phone from his right pocket and started to type.

“Jiyong hyung, Seunghyun hyung asked you to come home by 6.30pm. Early dinner together! Come home fast! Today, Seunghyun cooked! Your favorite dish if I’m not mistaken”

“Dae, cooks the rice, dishes are ready,” Seunghyun said and now he started to clean up the mess that he caused. Daesung immediately stop him.

“Hyung, just go and have a rest. I’ll clean up everything here. I’ll cook the rice. You must be tired,” Daesung said and gives his hyung his sweet smiles.

Seunghyun smiles at his dongsaeng and nodded. To be honest, he is tired and he wants to rest. Then, slowly Seunghyun moves to the sink and washes his hands. Once he wipes his hands, he walks out of the kitchen heading to the long couch in the living room. Climbing the stairs feels so hard to him right now so he decided to just slowly sits leaning on the couch and he soon release a relieved sigh. He closes his eyes and absent mindedly rubbing his left chest. He can feel that his heart pounding rapidly and Seunghyun slowly trying to stable his breath. He hates being easily tired. Daesung just watched his hyung from the cutting table and he must say that he is quite shocked that his hyung chose to sit at the living room and not heading upstairs. Seunghyun rarely sits in the living room or even resting there. Hyung must not be feeling so well, that was why he came home early.

Later, Daesung’s phone let out a sound, signaling a text just came in.

“Tell hyung, I can’t. I’ve dinner outside,”

“Hyung, are you crazy? Seunghyun hyung already cooked for us,”

“He already cooked and I already planned. I’m so sorry Daesung-ah. You guys have dinner together okay,”

“Hyung, I think Seunghyun hyung is not feeling so well. I think he is sick,”

“I’m not buying that, Dae-ah,”

“Hyung, I told you the truth!”

“I need to go Dae. Bye,”

Daesung holds his phone tightly because he is mad with Jiyong. Till when this parade will go on? Daesung knows that Jiyong has been avoiding and ignoring Seunghyun for quite some time now, and this is the first time Daesung sees Jiyong that angry. Never once in their life, Jiyong pull this kind of act, but maybe this time, Jiyong is running out of patience. Daesung sighs. Now, how to break this news to Seunghyun hyung? Daesung turns his view at Seunghyun who currently already lying down on the couch. Daesung then walks slowly to Seunghyun and once he is at his hyung’s side, he can see that Seunghyun is already fall asleep. I’ll tell him once he is awake.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Around 6.10 pm, Seunghyun is awake and he rubs his eyes to clear his vision to look at his surroundings. He remembers that he fell asleep on the couch and this is the first time he did that. With small groan, he gets up to sit and he turns to his back and looks at the kitchen, and finds no one there. Seunghyun gets up from the couch and walks slowly to the stairs and climbs upward. He walks slowly and stops in front of Seungri’s room as he heard Daesung and Seungri’s voices from inside. Something caught his ears.

“There will be the most awkward dinner ever. I would rather calls Jiyong hyung about his whereabouts and go there to have dinner,” Seungri said.

“Kyaa! Crazy! Don’t you dare! Seunghyun hyung cooked so much today,”

“He cooked out of the blue, hyung! Last time you cooked, he didn’t …….,” Daesung stops Seungri from continues his words.

“Don’t bring that up, understand,”

Silence fills the room till Seungri opens his mouth back.

“Can he cook? I am hungry hyung. I hope it is edible,”

“Shut up! Just eat. Learn to be grateful,”

Seunghyun then just leave and walks to his room that is located at the end of the way.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Around 6.35pm, as soon as after Seunghyun came out from shower, he listens that there is a knock at his door with Daesung’s voice calling for him, so he immediately put on a shirt that he already put on his bed and then he moves to the door and open it a bit, which then revealed a smiling Daesung.

“Hyung, let’s eat,”

Seunghyun smiles and nodded but when he wants to close the door, Daesung stops him so Seunghyun looks back at Daesung with questioning look.

“Jiyong hyung is not joining us for dinner. He already had plan,”

Seunghyun just smiles again and nodded. “Wait for me downstairs. I’ll be back in a minute,”

Daesung nodded and let his hyung closes the door. He can’t read Seunghyun. He doesn’t know whether Seunghyun is upset or not about the news. When Daesung reach at the dinner table, he smiles seeing Seungri is already sitting at the table, waiting.

“Is he coming?” Seungri asked by moving his lips hoping that Daesung understands what he was saying. Daesung smiles and nodded. Daesung pull out the chair in front of Seungri to sit and Seungri gives him a deathly look.

“You sit here beside me!” Seungri said.

“Why?”

“I don’t want to sit beside Seunghyun hyung,”

“Ri-ah, he might just come here and sit beside me you know,” Daesung gives him an annoyed look.

“Oh yeah right,” Seungri nodded understandingly.

Soon after that, Seunghyun comes down from the stairs and heading to them.

“You prepare everything already, Dae,” Seunghyun asked.

“Yea, hyung. Come, let’s eat,” Daesung smiles widely. Seungri is just looking down at his plate and silently observing where Seunghyun’s steps are heading to. Seungri sees Seunghyun walks behind Daesung, and Seungri immediately let out a relief sigh but his mind just got numb when suddenly Seunghyun stop at the seat beside him and pull out the chair. What the hell! Seunghyun sits beside me! What the hell! Daesung at that time can’t control his face expression, straight away let out a laugh. Seunghyun look at his dongsaeng weirdly.

“Why?”

“Nothing hyung,” Daesung replied but his eyes is focusing on Seungri who currently closing his eyes tightly. Seunghyun then look at his other dongsaeng, the youngest one.

“Seungri? What is wrong with you? Are you sick?” Seunghyun touches Seungri’s right shoulder and he can feel that the shoulder instantly become stiff. With that, Daesung laughs even harder and repeatedly shakes his head looking at his maknae.

“Kyaaa maknae!!! That’s not a ghost you know! That’s Seunghyun hyung! Silly,” Daesung said loudly. Seunghyun with wide eyes turns to look at his maknae too. What the hell? Is he scared of me? Seungri immediately opens his eyes and stares at Daesung clearly mad at that bold statement coming from his hyung.

Seunghyun just smiles and he takes his chopstick, and takes a chicken thigh before him and put it in Seungri’s bowl of rice. Seungri with wide eyes looks at his eldest hyung with disbelief.

“What? Stop overreacting. Eat. Eat as many as you want. Hyung cooked a lot, but only eat if it edible,” Seunghyun said and then he himself starts to eat. Daesung who is still laughing started to eat too. Seungri awkwardly takes his chopstick and starts to eat and once he puts the chicken in his mouth, his eyes turn wide. He turns to his eldest hyung who at that time is eating too. He sees Seunghyun takes the soup for him, put the vegetables in his bowl and ask him to eat more. This is the first interaction between them and Seungri can’t believe that Seunghyun hyung can cook very well and even better than Daesung. Seungri then, forgets about the awkwardness and just dig in the dinner. Seunghyun just smiles looking at his dongsaengs eating deliciously. This is one of his dreams, to see his dongsaengs eat happily and deliciously with him, but this dream is not fully complete yet as he then silently looks at the other two empty chairs.

Later, they already able to eat comfortably and Seungri seems to be a bit comfortable interacting with Seunghyun. Daesung is the one who talks about so many things, and sometimes, they joked with each other, caused Seunghyun to smile a lot. Seungri tells Seunghyun about his school project, friends, and games that he plays at school. Seunghyun nodded and listen to his maknae, and this is not the first time he hearing this. Seunghyun already knows about all the activities and stories but it came only from Jiyong and now Seunghyun is able to listen to the stories straightly from his dongsaengs. Seunghyun is beyond happy.

“Do you have hyung’s number, Ri?” Seunghyun asked suddenly when he pours his drink. Silent fill the space and everyone turns to Seungri waiting for an answer.

“Errr, no hyung,” Seungri replied.

“You, Dae?” Seunghyun asked.

“Nope,”

Seunghyun nodded and he straight away takes his phone at his side and looks like he wants to call someone, but then suddenly Daesung’s phone is ringing. Daesung takes his phone and there is an unknown number calling. Daesung looks at Seunghyun. Seunghyun smiles and nodded.

“Save hyung’s number,” Seunghyun said.

“Me?” Seungri suddenly voice out his thoughts. His mouth moves faster than his mind at that time. Seunghyun chuckles at his maknae.

“You already have my number, Ri,” Seunghyun said and everyone with wide eyes looks at Seunghyun shockingly but Seunghyun calmly drinking his water like nothing happened. Then he gets up from his seat and brings his bowl, plate and glass to the sink.

“Hyung! No! I don’t have your number,” Seungri said with confident.

“You have it. Clean the table first, washes the dishes. Daesung you already keep some for Jiyong right,” Seunghyun wipes his hand looking at Daesung.

“Done, hyung.” Daesung replied.

“Good,” Seunghyun said and then he moves to the living room.

“Hyung, where do you want to go?” Seungri asked when he sees Seunghyun moves. He is dissatisfied with his hyung answer just now.

“Watch tv,” Seunghyun replied shortly as he sits on the couch, taking the remote and switch on the tv.

Seungri looks at Daesung weirdly.

“This is my first time seeing him sits there,” Seungri whispers to Daesung.

“This is hyung’s second time. This evening, he slept there on the couch,” Daesung replied slowly whispering.

“Stop whispering over there!” Seunghyun’s deep voice suddenly emerged and with that the two dongsaengs immediately starts cleaning up the table.

Soon after that, they heard the sounds of car alarm outside the house and with that the two dongsaengs know that their Jiyong hyung is back and at the same time they heard the sound of the tv is being switch off and once they turn around from the sink, they see Seunghyun already moves to upstairs. Daesung let out a sigh.

“May it not turn into a war,” Daesung said slowly and Seungri just keep in silent.