30TH CHAPTER (FINALE)

TOGETHER

Not even one thing is in their right place right now. The glasses are broken, all the things on the side table are on the floor, even the side table is broken, those wires are strangling with each other, the pillows are on the floor, bed is tilted to other side with the comforter was thrown away onto the couch. Everything is broken inside the room. Only God knows how much they need to pay for all these mess later but again, money is not a problem. The main problem now, is the quiet man who is sitting on the side of the bed, staring emptily at the window, looking at the darkness outside while holding the dry flowers in his hand. This man is broken beyond repair. Everything that is broken in the room can’t even be comparing with the broken that the man feels inside. He let his tears dried itself on his face.

 

No one is allowed to enter the room since daylight, and not even a doctor and a nurse too. Jiyong, Taeyang, Daesung and Seungri are faithfully waiting outside the room but they do not have any guts to enter the room and even Jong Suk is stopping them from entering the room at the first place. He knows his best friend so well. They were waiting outside the room, listening to Seunghyun’s loud cry, screams, explosion and they heard how their hyung throwing everything inside the room. All the banging sounds, breaking sounds are filling up their ears but they just standing outside there, and listen. They couldn’t do anything but only Jiyong who managed to say something to Jong Suk when they listen to that.

 

“We will pay for everything…”

 

And Jong Suk just nods his head and listens to the breaking sounds inside. Seunghyun needs to let it out somehow and keeping everything to himself will not helping anyone. The hurt, the wound, the sadness and the sorrow that Seunghyun feels right now is understandable but at the end, he is the only one who feels it.

 

Seungri is crying on the chair nonstop when he heard how Seunghyun is crying inside. His heart hurt so much. Seungri knows this and he expected this but when he listens to it, the hurt becomes ten times worse than he expected. To think of it further, about his hyung losing the love of his life, who can stands that kind of wound?

 

Now, the day becomes night. Seunghyun is not moving anymore. He stops throwing things, he stops breaking things, he stops screaming but the tears do not seems to stop. The loud cries now turn into a silent one. He keeps on holding the dry flowers in his hand like it is his life. How should he live his life now, without her. He wants her now but that is impossible. He got his life back; he got his family back but Eun Hye. He lost her. Eun Hye is not with him anymore. The love of his life is not with him anymore and he needs to live with that for the rest of his life.

 

The creaked sound from the door is coming to Seunghyun’s ears. Someone is entering the room. Seunghyun closed his eyes. Just who the hell now that has the gut to enter?

 

The shoes sounds hitting the floor are getting near to him, indicating that the person is walking to him slowly.

 

“Leave…” Seunghyun’s weak voice said slowly. He is not ready to face anyone right now. Not now.

 

The steps stop. Silence filling the room. No words till finally.

 

“Looking at how mess you are right now, somehow makes my heart at ease a bit…”

 

Seunghyun opens his eyes as he heard that low voice. He turns to his left and now he sees a tall old man with a spectacle, standing in his white long doctor’s coat and with his both hands are at his back, looking at him in his serious look. No smile. Seunghyun stares at the doctor with his confused look.

 

“How are you Mr. Choi…” the old doctor said calmly as he walks closer to Seunghyun on the bed.

 

Seunghyun is not answering and he just stares at the doctor who looks at him at the same time. The doctor stops near Seunghyun and he then turns to the window, standing facing outside, ignoring the young one in confused.

 

“I always wonder about who is this man that makes my one and only daughter loved him with all her heart….” The doctor said.

 

Seunghyun’s eyes turn wide when he heard that. This old man standing before him is Eun Hye’s father. Immediately, without wasting a second, Seunghyun gets up from his position and moves forward and he straights away get on his knees next to the old man who is not looking at him even for a second.

 

“It was my fault… It was my fault… I’m so sorry… I’m so sorry… It was definitely my fault from the very beginning. I shouldn’t meet her… I shouldn’t let this thing till becoming this way… I’m sorry… This is my fault… I’m so sorry Sir… I crossed over the line. I did whatever I shouldn’t do. This is definitely my fault.” Seunghyun begs in between his tears. He cries as he said all of that and his head is bowing down, showing how guilty he is. He doesn’t know what he should say and do now. Everything seems so wrong to him. This guilt that he carried with him is beyond everything. He might lose Eun Hye but this old man before him just lost his one and only child. How a lover’s lost can be compared to a father’s lost.

 

“It was not me who carried out the surgery… It was not my choice at the first place… It was her father….”

 

Jong Suk’s words are ringing in Seunghyun’s head and that fact hurts him more. How things can lead to this. This old man was the one who carried out the transplant surgery on them. He transferred his one and only child’s heart to another man that he doesn’t even know at all at the first place. This old man just did the impossible. How his own apology can mend this old man’s broken heart?

 

“Eun Hye was a cold person…” Seung Won started as he looks at outside of the window, not turning to Seunghyun who is kneeling beside him, at his feet.

 

“She didn’t smile or laugh much and it was not because she is bitter. No... That was just her personality. She has this cold attitude within her and she was not that feminine at all. Maybe because she grew up alone without a mother or any siblings with her. She spent her youth with studying, with me, with all sorts of things that I asked her to do. She was a very obedient daughter. She listened to me very well. She did everything that I asked her to do and not even once she said no. I was so pleased with her when she agreed to do medicine when actually she really loved art. She loved to draw. She was an artist in heart but my selfishness to see my child achieved things like me, making her leaving her passion behind and followed my dream for me. Only for me…” Seung Won stops in his words like his mind is wandering to somewhere in the past.

 

“She was nothing but love. She was a bright girl when she was with me. When she stayed with me at home before she continues in meds, she loved to read for me when she got the chance. I love her for that. She was exactly like her mother even she never meet her. My wife died when giving birth to her but Eun Hye never once made things difficult for me as a single parent. She grew up so well and pretty. She did everything just to make me happy. She studied well and I’m so grateful for that but as time went by, as she grew up and from a pretty girl to a beautiful lady, somehow, something hits my mind… Doesn’t she have a boyfriend? I asked her once about that but she only ended up laughing so hard and stick out her tongue at me and funnily said “No one wants me appa… I’m that mad woman who frowned all the time!” She laughed so hard and I ended up laughed with her. I told her that one day, there will be a man that will fall for her smiles and laughs and will love her with all his heart. She just ignored my words back then. Then time, is again flies… She came back here and decided to work here. I let her did that because it sure feels nice to have my daughter next to me all the time…” Seung Won said as he now let out a heavy sighs as his eyes roaming at dark skies up there.

 

“There was until one day, I caught her smiling for no reasons… She smiled a lot while she ate with me and I asked her but she just shakes her head in return. Things were going on for quite some time. I caught her smiling on her phone. I caught her laughing while talking on the phone. She was not that cold anymore. She smiled a lot, laughed a lot and became friendlier. As an overly attached father, I tried to dig out her source of happiness… I came to know that she was seeing someone… My heart bloomed when I know that. I was so happy when I came to know that my one and only daughter had found someone in her life. And again, I took my own initiative to find who this man is. The truth came. It was you… This hospital’s patient who his life was numbered. This man was actually a dying man…”

 

Seunghyun pursed his lips when he heard how Eun Hye’s father’s tone changed from calm to a bit hard.

 

“My daughter was actually fallen for a dying man! Once I came to know about it, I know straight away that this thing will end in heart breaks… I warned her once! I scolded her for the first time in my life. I told her how wrong this is. How things are going to end ugly for her. I warned her! And for the first time, she said no to me. She told me how different you are… How everything would be okay in the end and she didn’t need to say much because I can see how much she loved you… You were her first love… That was understandable…” Seung Won said as he sighs again. He stops talking for a moment and let the silence taking place. It’s too hurt to continue but it feels wrong to stop either. Seunghyun still on his knees looking down, doesn’t have the courage to lifts up his head.

 

“I was so shocked when I found her name as the donor for you… It breaks my heart even more when I realized how my daughter was actually decided to give her life to a man that I don’t even know at the first place. In my whole life, I was the only man for her. I was the one for her. She was my everything, my life, my comforts, basically everything but it was too saddening for me when I came to know she was having a thought of giving her life away… For once, I thought… She loved you that much??? Even you left her? Even after everything that happened? She still loved you? That much?”

 

Seunghyun’s tears drop again as he heard that. Only God knows how he hates himself right now. He hates this. He hates everything. He doesn’t deserve her. He doesn’t deserve this life. He doesn’t deserve this kind of love.

 

Seung Won finally turns his head down to where Seunghyun is kneeling next to him. He really wants to scream at this young man before him. He wants to scream on how much he hates him even before he met him. He lost his daughter in saving not only one person but actually the whole family. Eun Hye was actually saving the whole family. Just how much his daughter had loved this young man? Seung Won slowly bends down to Seunghyun and moves his hands to Seunghyun’s shoulders.

 

“My daughter would hate me if I let you kneeled like this for too long… Get up… Sit with me…” Seung Won said softly this time. Seunghyun finally lifts up his head and he looks into the old man’s eyes for a moment and he sees nothing but sadness. He gets up anyway and he let Seung Won to bring him to the bed. The old man sit next to him on the bed and both of them are now facing the window together. No one is saying anything. Seunghyun sits in formally manner as he should be when with an elder. He puts his hands both on his knees as his eyes on the floor. He doesn’t have the guts to speak. No words can sooth their pain. No words can heal them. They sit next to each other with no words for few minutes till suddenly Seung Won decided to start again.

 

“Tell me your full name…” he said in his deep voice. He asked even he already knows everything.

 

Seunghyun is dumbfounded for a moment at that sudden random question but he coughs a bit to clear his throat. He tries to stable his nervousness.

 

“Choi Seunghyun… My name is Choi Seunghyun…” Seunghyun answered formally.

 

“What do you do for living?” Seung Won asked as he still facing the window.

 

“I… I own a company… Choi Group Holding…”

 

“Your own company?”

 

“Yes but I run it with my dongsaeng…”

 

“How many siblings you have?”

 

“I have four dongsaengs… Taeyang, 27 years old, Jiyong 26 years old, Daesung 23 years old and Seungri 17 years old…” Seunghyun answered carefully.

 

“Hmm… Your parents?”

 

“We are orphans… Our mother died few days after she gave birth to Seungri and our father… Our father… He died few months after that…”

 

“Hmmm..”

 

Seunghyun is aware how deep the sigh that Eun Hye’s father released so he keeps quiet.

 

“Where did you meet my daughter?” Seung Won asked after a long silent.

 

Seunghyun bites his bottom lip when he heard that question. This kind of conversation is the conversation that they should have long before. Like an interview between a man with the father of his lover. Seunghyun noticed that. If only Eun Hye is with them right now, how things are going to be different.

 

“In this hospital… When she did a check up on me on behalf of Jong Suk…”

 

“Hmm…”

 

The room becomes quiet again.

 

“Do you like my daughter?”

 

Seunghyun turns to his left, looking at Seung Won. This is definitely the “talk”.

 

“I asked you… Do you like my daughter?” Seung Won asked again without looking at Seunghyun even for a second.

 

Seunghyun nods his head furiously. “Yes… Yes… I like her… A lot…” Seunghyun answered but he couldn’t help about his shaking voice.

 

“Do you love her?” Seung Won asked and this time, he turns to his right. He looks at Seunghyun this time and for the first time, he takes a proper look on the man that his daughter loved the most. Seunghyun is a mess. His messy hair, swollen eyes, pale face and now a tear falls again from his eyes. Seung Won can see how Seunghyun bit his trembling lips. As much as he lost his daughter, this man next to him is losing his love too.

 

“Yes Sir… Yes, I do love her… I do... I love her so much…” Seunghyun said in tears. He looks into Seung Won’s eyes as he said it out and slowly he can sees how Seung Won’s lips turn into a small smile. Seung Won smiles at him. Eun Hye’s father is smiling at him for the first time. Seunghyun is confused. Seung Won moves his right hand onto Seunghyun’s left shoulder. He squeezed it firmly, like a man to man.

 

“Then please, takes a very good care of her heart…” Seung Won said softly to Seunghyun and this time with a smile. “There must be a reason why she did all these. There must be a reason that it is her heart in you… There must be a reason on why fate is leading us to this. I must say, that I lost her, my one and only daughter but knowing her. She was just a girl that gave too much and loved too much and you are very lucky to be able to receive this kind of love from her. I know what you feel inside. Guilt, sadness, frustration but remember son, that was not what she wanted from you. She didn’t do this for you to fall apart… She did this was for you to live. Finally living… Even without her, there are your dongsaengs out there who are freaking worried about you. They have been making this room like a home to them since you were brought in here. They were there for you since day one. Eun Hye wanted this for you. Eun Hye wanted you to live. Live with your dongsaeng, live for your life and do whatever that you were not able to do before. She wanted that, because love is not a selfish thing, son. Love is selfless. Be happy for her, for your dongsaengs and for everyone. Do that…”

 

Seunghyun is stunned by those words that Seung Won just said to him. He freezes in his spot. He is unable to say anything in return. A father that just lost his one and only daughter is actually here to comfort him. To show him, how his life should be and this old man even called him “son”. What kind of love is this?

 

“I…. I…. I’m sorry…” Seunghyun stuttered with his words.

 

Seung Won smiles warmly to Seunghyun. He brings his right hand to Seunghyun’s head and softly he pats Seunghyun’s head like a father did to his son.

 

“I just do what Eun Hye wanted me to do… She must have wanted me to do this… I know her… Well, I might lose a daughter, but I think I got another 5 sons with me now… Isn’t it great?” Seung Won said.

 

Seunghyun’s teary eyes turn wide. He looks at Seung Won in disbelief.

 

“I don’t deserve this…” Seunghyun said.

 

Seung Won takes a deep breath as he speaks. “Hatred is the last thing that I want to do Seunghyun… I want to do something that is going to make my daughter happy. She had done so much for me but I gave nothing in return but now. I want her to be happy for me, for us. Eun Hye must be so proud of me, if I do this… For the sake of her… For the sake of us, let’s be family… I’m just an old man… And I don’t have anyone else…”

 

Seunghyun does not waiting for Seung Won to say more as he straights away moves to Seung Won and hugs the older man tightly. If love is what Seung Won offered to him, then he shall return it with all his heart. Not his heart… Eun Hye’s heart. Eun Hye must have wanted this.

 

“Let’s be family… Let’s do that..” Seunghyun said while he hugs Seung Won.

 

Seung Won smile proudly as he hugs Seunghyun and he pats Seunghyun’s back slowly. Eun Hye must be so happy if she’s here, watching them. They are both broken and lose the woman that they love the most in this world and it is not a wrong thing to comfort each other in this mess. They finally break the hug and Seung Won pats Seunghyun’s shoulder proudly.

 

“Then all of you have to call me appa starting from today…”

 

***************************************************************************************

 

The next day went by smoothly but Seunghyun is not talking to anyone so much. Taeyang practically dragged Seungri to go home to change and rest. Seunghyun is fine with that. Jiyong and Daesung do whatever they need to do and they do not speak so much to their eldest hyung but they must say, Seunghyun looks a bit better after talking to Eun Hye’s father yesterday. All of them already met Eun Hye’s father and they are really grateful with the warm feelings that they received from him. Just like his daughter, they found Seung Won really nice and kind.

 

That evening, after checkup session with Jong Suk, Seunghyun decided to take a walk in the hospital’s garden and he finally taking his seat on one of the bench there. He is still carrying the dry flowers with him though. That’s all that he has now. He looks at the bright sky in silent. He leans his back on the bench and slowly he brings his hand to his left chest, as he hold the dry flowers with his left hand. He is feeling his heartbeat. It’s normal. Too normal. He takes a deep breath and let it out slowly. His chest is not tight anymore. His breathing is fine. He feels right. He looks at the empty space before him. He let the wind messing up with his hair. He closed his eyes. He let his mind wander.

 

 

“Kyaaa!! Choi Seunghyun!”

“Hyun-ah… I won’t let you die…”

“I want you to get better, Hyun-ah and for that to happen, you must take a very good care of yourself. It hurts me to see you in this state, stuck with wires on your chest, and using the oxygen tube. You know that your dongsaengs will hate to see you in this state too, right so let's not put yourself in danger anymore, okay,"

“What am I going to do with you Seunghyun…”

“Oh my god! You are so stubborn!”

“Seriously?”

“Seunghyun!”

 

Those flashes of memories slowly turn up his lips into a small smile. He opens his eyes back slowly and he is back in the hospital’s garden. It was just memories.

 

“You are stronger than you think you are… You are a blessing to people around you Seunghyun, so don’t do this… Listen to me… Go home… And meet them… They are waiting for you,”

 

Seunghyun’s smile fades.

 

“I love you, Seunghyun-ahh…”

 

He is breaking inside and the tears are finally fall one more time. This hurt so much and he needs to live with this kind of wound for the rest of his life. He needs to.

 

“Hyung…”

 

One voice appeared and he startled a bit as he looks at his right side. That voice is coming from his maknae. His maknae is here but this time, his maknae looks a bit better than yesterday. Seunghyun wipes his tears as he then let out a small smile to Seungri. He pats the space next to him, asking for Seungri to sit with him. Seungri gladly does what his hyung asked. He sits beside Seunghyun but his eyes are slowly falling on the dry flowers in Seunghyun’s hand. And now Seungri is looking at the ground, not willing to look at Seunghyun longer. Suddenly Seungri feels a hand on his forehead, so he turns back to Seunghyun. His hyung is feeling his body temperature.

 

“You still have fever… Thank God you are wearing something thick here…” Seunghyun said softly, indicating the sweater that Seungri is wearing. He fixes Seungri’s sweater a bit.

 

“Hyung….” Seungri said.

 

“Yes…”

 

“Are you mad at me?” Seungri asked as the tears starts to form in his eyes. Seungri can’t stop thinking about it. He is going crazy because of this. He needs to know. He needs to talk and only Seunghyun can help him to ease his own mind right now.

 

Seunghyun frowns at his maknae.

 

“What kind of question is that?” Seunghyun replied but the tears that from Seungri’s eyes hurt him as well. He moves his right thumb to wipe Seungri’s tears that are rolling on the cheek. “Hyung is not mad at you, maknae…” Seunghyun said softly.

 

“I tried my best hyung… I really did! I fought as hard as I can… I…” Seungri unable to continue when Seunghyun moves to him and pulls him into an embrace.

 

Seunghyun hugs Seungri this time and he ruffles Seungri’s hair for a moment as he feels how his maknae is crying on his shoulder. Seungri was right. No one is fine. No one is ever fine since that day.

 

“Things happened, Seungri…” Seunghyun said softly to Seungri’s right ear. “Hyung has no words to comfort you right now but someday, time will heal this. Stop blaming yourself. No one wants this. Not you and not even her. But somehow, this is her choice…”

 

“I did everything because it was my choice and no one’s fault, so listen to me carefully… I love you… I love you… I love you very very much…”

 

Seunghyun closed his eyes at that sudden flash of his dream. She told him that it was her choice and no one’s fault and that message is what Seunghyun would like to convey to Seungri. It takes everything out of him right now to comfort his own maknae but the problem now is that Seunghyun himself is mostly affected by this lost. He couldn’t comfort someone when he himself needs a comfort right now. He knows that he has to be strong for everyone and for himself, but it is just not the time yet. He is helpless.

 

Seunghyun continues caressing Seungri’s back hair in silent as he still hugging Seungri. He lets his maknae to cry his heart out on his shoulder. Seungri needs to let go. Seungri needs to understand that everything that happened is not his fault.

 

“She loved you, hyung… She loved you very very much… Till she thought it is impossible to loves someone this much…” Seungri said in between his tears.

 

“There is no proper way… And I don’t even give a damn about those things… The most important thing is, you are here with me in my arms… I love you… I love you so much till I don’t need you to love me back… I love you enough for myself… We don’t need to put a name on what we have, Seunghyun. I just love you the way you are… I just love us in this kind of way… Whether you are boyfriend or not, or whether I’m your girlfriend or not… That was not important… Nothing can beat the moments that we have with us… I love you not for you to return it back… I love you because, it’s you… And no one else…”

 

Her words… Seunghyun just let his own tears fall from his eyes as he listens to Seungri’s words.

 

“She said she missed you…”

 

Seunghyun frowns at those words.

 

“She was on her way to meet you hyung… She thought of coming to you with me…” Seungri said but he stops for a while because he is chocking in tears but later he continues anyway. “She dressed up really pretty that day hyung… She wanted me to tell you this…”

 

Seunghyun then slowly pulling away breaking the hugs and he looks at Seungri’s crying face.

 

“Tell me….” Seunghyun said as he looks into Seungri’s eyes.

 

Seungri lifts up his head and he looks at his hyung sadly. This would hurt.

 

Flashback

“Contact the ambulance right now!!” suddenly one voice appeared in between the gunshots and the three of them turn around at the police. Their eyes turn wide!

 

“Noona!” Seungri screams as he turns to his back and his eyes widened when he sees Eun Hye collapsed into one of the police’s arms. The three of them rushed to her side.

 

“Noona!!! Noona!!! No!! No!!!” Seungri shouted as he noticed there is a pool of blood coming from Eun Hye’s back. He brings Eun Hye’s weak body to him and places her on his laps. “No! Noona!!! No!! You were shot!”

 

“Ambulance please!” Jiyong screams in panic this time as he takes Eun Hye’s left hand in his.

 

“Help is on its way here…” the police informs.

 

“Eun Hye!! Stay with us! Focus!” Taeyang said in panic as he noticed Eun Hye’s eyes are blinking not focusing to them.

 

“!! ! Eun Hye!” Jiyong said as he rubs Eun Hye’s hand.

 

Seungri removes Eun Hye’s hair from her eyes and forehead. He cries as he holds Eun Hye’s right hand and he feels Eun Hye is holding his hand back tightly. Seungri becomes alert when he noticed Eun Hye’s lips are moving like wanted to say something so he moved closer to .

 

“My…. My back… It didn’t hit my heart…” Eun Hye whispers weakly.

 

Seungri cries even harder when he heard that. He hates the fact that he understands what Eun Hye meant by that.

 

“No Noona… No.. Noona… Please… Not like this Noona... Not like this…” Seungri said.

 

Eun Hye follows Seungri’s voice and she looked at him. Eun Hye is trying very hard to focus and she felt someone is helping her to stop the bleeding by putting something at her back. That must be Jiyong. Eun Hye ignored it but she just stares at Seungri and slowly her lips turn into a small smile. She let go Seungri’s hand and bring her hand to Seungri’s left cheek.

 

“You…. Are truly a blessing, maknae…” Eun Hye said slowly to slow in fact.

 

Seungri pursed his lips to avoid from crying even harder. This is the first time Eun Hye called him by using “maknae”. She already considered Seungri just like her own baby brother and this breaks Seungri’s heart even more. He looked at Eun Hye’s sweating face and he touched Eun Hye’s hand on his cheek.

 

“Ambulance is almost here Noona… Don’t worry… You are going to be okay! Don’t talk so much!” Seungri said as he touched Eun Hye’s hand on his cheek.

 

Eun Hye just smiles weakly at him in return.

 

“Help me….” Eun Hye said.

 

“What…” Seungri replied in tears.

 

“Tell Seunghyun… That today…. I wore the dress….. The dress that he bought for me….” Eun Hye said weakly. “Tell him that I let my hair down… Just the way he likes… Tell him that I did my makeup today… I wanted to look pretty for him…”

 

Seungri cries even harder as he listens to Eun Hye’s words. She wanted Seunghyun to know that she is coming to him today. She’s been dolling up herself for Seunghyun and how she wanted to look pretty in his eyes.

 

“Seungri… Noona’s car…” Eun Hye tries very hard to continue. She takes another painful breath before she continues. “Noona cooked something for your hyung… The soup… Noona wanted to feed him myself…” Eun Hye said as she frowns a bit.

 

Jiyong holds Eun Hye’s hand tightly.

 

“Stop talking Eun Hye… Please… We are bringing you to him…” Jiyong said in his tears.

 

Eun Hye ignores those words as her eyes are still on Seungri.

 

“Seungri… Noona brought flowers for your hyung… Please, bring the flowers to him….”Eun Hye said as slowly the heat is leaving her body. “Tell him, that I love him… And it’s okay…”

 

Seungri shakes his head violently. “No! You tell that yourself, Noona! No! I don’t want to tell him that… You tell him that… You!” Seungri scolds Eun Hye.

 

Eun Hye just smiles warmly at the crying boy as she then slowly turns to Jiyong at her side.

 

“Make sure he eats his meds on time…”

 

“Damn it Eun Hye! You will be fine… You will be fine!” Jiyong replied.

 

Again, Eun Hye just smiles in return as she then looks at Taeyang who is crying as well next to Jiyong.

 

“Seunghyun loves you… Don’t leave him again…”

 

Taeyang is stunned by those words and he couldn’t stand the sadness in him now. He just nods his head to Eun Hye, silently telling the woman that he understands.

 

“Please… Take care of him…”

 

Taeyang is the only one who is sane enough to nods his head right now.

 

“I promise…” Taeyang said softly. He knows, Eun Hye is leaving them and it can’t be help.

 

Eun Hye looks really glad that Taeyang understands what she wants. She wants assurance.

 

“My father….”

 

“I give you my words, Eun Hye… We will take care of him…” Taeyang replied.

 

Eun Hye smiles warmly at him. Slowly, very slowly her smile fades, her body becomes colder and the lights in her eyes are slowly leaving. And finally, her hand on Seungri’s cheek, falls on her side, making the youngest stunned.

 

“NOONA!!!” Seungri’s scream filling the area as he pulls Eun Hye’s lifeless body to his embrace and he hugs her tight. Jiyong and Taeyang are helpless now.

 

They definitely lost her.

End of Flashback

 

 

Seungri bites his trembling lips as he tells everything to Seunghyun and he is kind of scared right now when his hyung is not giving him any response. Seunghyun just stares at him in silent. He doesn’t smile. He doesn’t cry. He just keeps his silent.

 

“Hyung…” Seungri said with his croaked voice.

 

Seunghyun is again not answering to Seungri. The silence went on for quite some time and Seungri just be there for Seunghyun. Sharing the silence and sadness but he knew, nothing would be able to mend this.

 

“Hyung forgot to ask you something…” Seunghyun suddenly speaks.

 

Seungri looks bewildered by that sudden words uttered by his hyung. He keeps quiet, silently waiting for his hyung to continue.

 

“Who kidnapped you the other day?”

 

Seungri’s eyes turn wide at that question. Honestly, he doesn’t expect this.

 

“Tell hyung everything… From the second they took you till Eun Hye was shot…” Seunghyun said as he looks at Seungri with the look that Seungri never sees before. Seungri gulps his own saliva. His hyung sounds different.

 

“Hyung…”

 

“Tell hyung and don’t leave even one thing behind… But first, gives hyung the name…” Seunghyun speaks in his cold low tone.

 

Seungri takes a deep breath before he answers. Reluctantly, Seungri lets his mind wandering back to the darkest incident of his entire life.

 

“That man’s name is Han Jonghyun…” Seungri started.

 

As the name comes out, Seungri can see how his hyung’s jaw tightened and his eyes hardened.

 

***************************************************************************************

 

A month later…

 

“Ahhh…. Just how many times I told you hyung… Don’t cook!” Seungri whined as he stares at the colorless soup in the pot. Seungri is still in his pajama and still with his messy bed hair, is frowning like crazy as he stands in the kitchen, staring into the pot.

 

“Kyaaa~!! Just taste it first…. At least taste it! It might look colorless but, you don’t know yet the taste!” Jiyong replied as he still in his pajama but this time he is wearing his apron as well, chopping something on the island kitchen, looking all busy with prep for another dish.

 

“I meant it very well, when I said I’m hungry hyung! Don’t kidding me!” Seungri said annoyingly.

 

Jiyong stopped chopping as he takes a deep breath, feeling frustrated with his maknae. He turns around to face his maknae who is still staring at the soup with his disgusting look. Jiyong feel annoyed as he then takes the ladle beside the pot and mercilessly hit Seungri’s head with it. Seungri’s eyes widened as he being hit and he immediately holds his head and turn to his hyung.

 

“What is that for!!!???” Seungri yelled.

 

“For not being grateful and insulting your hyung!”

 

“I am not!”

 

“Yes you are! Can’t you just taste it first Seungri!”

 

“Oh I hate you hyung!” Seungri replied loudly as he snatched the ladle from Jiyong and he brings it to the soup to taste it. He stops for a moment when the soup almost reaches his lips. He turns to face Jiyong who can’t help but to look a bit excited and anticipate for that food tasting moment. Seungri gives a deathly stare to Jiyong as he then finally brings the soup into his mouth. He tastes it finally.

 

Seungri’s eyes widened as he finally tasted the soup. He looks a bit weird as he stares back at the colorless soup in the pot. He brings the ladle back to the soup and scoop it one more and taste it once again. He raised his eyebrows this time. He turns to Jiyong who right now is smirking while looking at him. Arrogant bastard!

 

“Just what the hell did you just put in there, hyung?” Seungri asked.

 

“How was it?” Jiyong asked anyway regardless knowing the answer judging by Seungri’s reaction.

 

“Hmmm… Hate to admit it…. But, we finally maybe have another cook beside Dae hyung and Seunghyun hyung…” Seungri said as he tasted the soup again.

 

“Wooo!! Told you! Taste it first! The appearance might be quite… You know what I meant… But the taste is the most important!” Jiyong said with arrogant as he then back to his previous doing, chopping the vegetables. “Wake the others…. Breakfast is almost ready here…” Jiyong said.

 

“They woke up already…” Seungri said as he walks to the fridge, taking out the juice.

 

Jiyong stop chopping. He looks at Seungri as he then looks up at upstairs.

 

“Why they are not coming down?” Jiyong asked.

 

“They are in the game room, playing…” Seungri answered lazily.

 

“Like seriously??????? Again??” Jiyong asked with disbelief.

 

“Continue last night’s match…”

 

Jiyong shakes his head like a mother but continues his work anyway.

 

After about 30mins passed, and everything is ready on the table, Jiyong praising himself for doing a good job for making today’s breakfast for all of them. He snaps a picture of the dishes on the table and he smiled. Before this, he asked Seungri to go and call the others to come down but now, he gives up. His maknae is not coming down too. He might stay in the game room and joining the others instead of coming down to eat. Jiyong takes off his apron and put it on the cabinet. He walks back to the dining table as he head looking up.


“COME DOWN RIGHT NOW!!!!! BREAKFAST IS READY!!!!!!” Jiyong yells with his highest pitch ever and he can hear how the laughs upstairs stop right away. Now, he knew that they got the message. It takes about 5mins till one by one appeared from upstairs with grins on their faces, looking at annoying Jiyong goofily. Daesung is the first to come down, followed by Seungri, then Taeyang and finally their big brother, Seunghyun. All of them are still in their pajama as they walk to the dining table. It’s a weekend anyway, so who cares about not taking a morning bath yet.

 

“Woah! Ugly!” Taeyang said straight away as he looks at dishes on the table. Jiyong just gritted his teeth in silent as he throws a deathly glare at Taeyang. Daesung and Seungri pulls their chair and sit next to each other, while Taeyang sit beside Jiyong, and Seunghyun pulls out the chair at the end of the table near them. The chair is not usually there, but since they all came home few weeks ago, Taeyang put the chair there while saying jokingly “the head of the family must sit here” and all of them just agreed and laughs at it.

 

“Don’t judge it by the appearance… Taste first…” Seungri said as he smirks at Jiyong. Daesung however just stares at those dishes like he doesn’t want to eat it but Jiyong kicked his leg under the table. Silently threatening him.

 

“Omo! What a lovely breakfast, hyung” Daesung said while smiling brightly. Everyone just laughs at that sudden impression as they know it was fake anyway.

 

“Taste first…” Jiyong said.

 

Seunghyun is the first one who takes the soup into his bowl, no matter how ugly it seems right now, Seunghyun’s face shows no emotion at it. He tastes the soup and everyone went quiet. It was like waiting for an exam result and somehow Jiyong anticipate his hyung’s reaction the most.

 

A small smile came on Seunghyun’s face.

 

“Jiyong did improve a lot…” Seunghyun’s deep voice finally comes out.

 

“Woah!! REALLY!!” Daesung said with shocked.

 

Seungri claps his both hands like celebrating, while Taeyang with impressive look starts to dig in their breakfast that late morning. It’s almost afternoon; this can be considered as brunch already. Now all of them starts to dig in and only the sounds of “woah” “daebak” “impressive” “good job hyung” that came out between them while eating. Jiyong in his arrogant manner, just throwing them his smirks and raised his eyebrows once in a while, is bragging about his cooking skills now. The brothers couldn’t keep their mouth shuts and just keep chit chatting with each other, laughing together.

 

It has been a month for all of them staying together in the house and Taeyang also already moves all his things back into the house. This time, he is staying there for good and everyone is so damn happy about it especially Seunghyun. That’s what he wants before. Taeyang is continuing his career anyway but the US project need to wait. Seunghyun already talked to him to pursue the US project but Taeyang is being Taeyang as usual. He said that the project can wait and he can do that at any time, and now he is just wants to focus on his work here and his family. Seunghyun and others definitely do not have a say in that matter, that was his decision. Jiyong is already coming back to the office as soon after Seunghyun’s discharged from the hospital and for Seunghyun, it has been a week for him in coming back to the office. Just like the deal before, Jiyong immediately transferring back the shares and the position of the Director to his eldest hyung and everyone is agreed on that matter. The fact that Seunghyun is coming to the company, is just like a miracle to all of them. Seunghyun seems fine. He did all the works as usual but not as crazy as before, this time family comes first.

 

Those brothers are looking so much better than before that was what they decided before. Start a new page as a family. They want to move on from what already happened to them before and this including about the incident. No one is dare to open up about that incident and no one is dare to mention about Eun Hye but one thing is for sure. They created a new relationship this time. They have a father, Eun Hye’s father, Yoon Seung Won. They usually meet up to have some coffee or having dinner together at every time the old man has a free time and thanks to Seungri who never fails to keep bugging the old man at the hospital. No one knows about that matter but everyone is aware that Seungri is definitely the closest one to Seung Won. The others just take it as maybe the fact that Seungri is growing up without having mother and father, that is why he is acting that way.

 

“Don’t laugh so much maknae, your exam is tomorrow…” Taeyang suddenly cuts in during chit chatting and immediately killing the joy.

 

Seungri’s bright face turns sour in instant. He frowns as he turns to Seunghyun at his side, asking for some justice. Seunghyun chuckles as he looks at Seungri’s reaction but he then looks at Taeyang.

 

“Stop being such a party pooper, Taeyang-ah…” Seunghyun said.

 

A bright smile immediately comes to Seungri’s face again and he gives his winning look to his Taeyang hyung mercilessly. Taeyang just shakes his head but chuckles at the same time. Maknae is being a maknae, however they are not that worried about Seungri’s exam though. They have faith in him and they believe that Seungri will pass this like a boss; even all of them still don’t know what course that Seungri chose and which universities’ exam entrance that he is going to take. They let the maknae decide this time and Seungri is more than happy for that.

 

“I already spent days and hours studying, so I just want to have fun today and face the exam with free mind and no pressure. So, no books for today!” Seungri said as he shoved a spoonful of rice into his mouth proudly. Daesung nods agreeing as he then pats Seungri’s head lovingly.

 

“Good job maknae! Today, let’s play… Where do you want to go?” Daesung asked.

 

“You pay?” Seungri asked as he turns to Daesung beside him.

 

Daesung stops his eating session for a moment, looks like he is thinking but then he turns to Seunghyun who looks at him as well, waiting for his answer.

 

Daesung gives out his brightest grins to Seunghyun and the big brother knows damn well, what that is meant.

 

Seunghyun let out a small laughs as he shakes his head.

 

“Hyung will give you my card later… Bring him to anywhere he wants…” Seunghyun said.

 

That answer cause the two maknaes to cheering “Yeay” out loud and hugs each other. Getting Seunghyun hyung’s card meant everything! They can enjoy themselves like crazy. Meanwhile, Jiyong who is eating looks so dumbfounded by that generous act of their big hyung.

 

“Hyung, seriously???” Jiyong asked in disbelief.

 

“Yeah…” Seunghyun answered as he still smiling looking at Daesung and Seungri who are now busily planning they want to go after this and what they want to buy.

 

“I want too!” Jiyong suddenly whined.

 

“Hyung! Join us!!! Let’s go buy that cool jacket that we saw online yesterday…” Seungri said excitedly.

 

Jiyong grins as he heard that but he looks at Seunghyun first, as if he is asking for permission to join the dongsaengs. Seunghyun just smile and nodded his head.

 

“You are not joining them, Taeyang?” Seunghyun asked.

 

“Oh, I need to meet my manager after this to sort out a few things and I might come back a bit late hyung…” Taeyang said with his mouth full with foods.

 

Seunghyun nods his head with understanding as he then continues eating.

 

“Hyung, come with us…” Daesung said. “We are using your card anyway… Hihi..”

 

Seunghyun shakes his head.

 

“Nope… I’m sorry, Hyung has some works to do… Just go enjoy yourself and don’t forget to buy something for me as well… And! Don’t go crazy with shopping!” Seunghyun warned.

 

“What do you want hyung?” Jiyong asked.

 

“Hmm… Anything… Watch these kids, Ji… Don’t let them go crazy buying useless stuffs…” Seunghyun said.

 

“You might as well go with them, hyung..” Taeyang said.

 

“Nope… I just want to have a rest at home…” Seunghyun said as he then looks like he already finish eating. He then gets up from his chair and brings his bowl and plate to the sink.

 

“Dae hyung, you know what…. Let’s do online shopping… We don’t have to go out and walks…” Seungri is unable to finish his words when Seunghyun cuts in.

 

“Oh for God sake, Seungri…. Like seriously??? Just go out with them… You have staying at home like forever now, with your books and all… Now, just enjoy yourself and loosened up a bit… Hyung will be fine here at home…” Seunghyun said as he washes his own plates at the sink. He stops for a moment and turn around to look at his dongsaengs who are silent at the dining table. He let out a sigh. “Go out and enjoy yourself… Go buy anything that you want with hyung’s card… Then, come home… Hyung is fine… More than fine… Hyung just have a few works need to be done, that is why hyung couldn’t follow you guys… Ji, bring the kids out… Don’t come back till the clock reach 6pm…” Seunghyun warned as he then turns back to the sink and continue to wash few things that Jiyong left behind while cooking.

 

“Go ahead…” Taeyang said it out to his dongsaengs who looks like they are still doing some thinking. “You want to die that bad??? Just go!” Taeyang said as he gets up from his chair, carrying few plates and glasses to the sink. “They are having second thoughts hyung…” Taeyang complains to Seunghyun jokingly.

 

“We are going~!!!!” Jiyong said it out as he heard Taeyang’s words to Seunghyun. The big hyungs are now doing the dishes while the dongsaengs are now keeps on discussing about where to go and what to buy. The discussion keep going on till the three of them do not realize that the dining table is already clean and Taeyang came, smacking Jiyong’s head.

 

“Get up! I’m wiping this…” Taeyang said as he wipes the dining table with cloth. The three of them finally get up from their chairs and head to the sink. Seunghyun is already climbing up the stairs heading to his room to take a bath. Taeyang just watches his hyung leaving them in the kitchen and once Seunghyun totally disappeared, Taeyang turns to Jiyong.

 

“What do you guys want to buy for him?” Taeyang asked.

 

The three dongsaengs turn to Taeyang who is still wiping their wide dining table. They looked clueless.

 

“What should we get for someone who has everything?” Jiyong asked absently as he washes his hands.

 

Taeyang smirks at that statement.

 

“He has everything?” Taeyang said.

 

All of them turn quiet at that question. Taeyang then walk to them with a comforting smile on his face.

 

“Just go buy anything for him… When I said, anything… I’m serious… Just get for him anything…” Taeyang said as he washes his hands.

 

***************************************************************************************

 

“I think up to this extent, we shouldn’t have our own bedroom isn’t it?” Daesung said as he standing with his both hands on his waist and stares at the two dumb men on his bed, and both of them are playing with their phones in silent. Not giving a damn about Daesung is talking about. Jiyong and Taeyang just playing with their phones, scrolling through their social networks and making the bed just like their own.

 

Since they came back into the house, no one is really sleeping in their respective bedrooms. Jiyong might sleeping with Seungri in Daesung’s bedroom and Taeyang with Daesung will sleep in Seunghyun’s bedroom and finally the one who always the last one to sleep, Seunghyun will ended up sleeping in maknae’s room. No one care about the bedroom’s owner anymore and just ended up sleeping in anyone’s bedroom. Overly attached brothers.

 

“I want my bed for myself tonight…” Daesung announced.

 

No one replied.

 

Sigh.

 

“Seriously??? Jiyong hyung! I’ll take your room tonight.. Beware!” Daesung said as he takes his phone on the table and leaves his own bedroom, leaving his two big hyungs in peace.

 

“We definitely sleeping everywhere, isn’t it?” Taeyang said as soon as Daesung is out of the room.

 

Jiyong chuckles at that statement. “I love this no-lock system…” Jiyong said in amusement.

 

Taeyang let out a small laughs when he heard that and he can’t help when his mind wander to something else.

 

“Do you know why hyung made no lock system in the house?”

“Because hyung wants to see you guys first before sleep….”

“We didn’t see each other often…”

“There is not even one second, that hyung doesn’t miss all of you… So no matter what, hyung need to see you guys first before sleep… It’s like heaven on earth… My tiredness disappeared…”

 

“Hyung really loves us, didn’t he…” Taeyang said it suddenly.

 

Jiyong finally takes off his eyes from the phone and moves his head to his right side, looking at Taeyang who already staring up at the empty ceiling. He looks like he is deep in thoughts.

 

“That is not a question…” Jiyong said.

 

“I just can’t imagine how much he loves us… I think, even when we gather all our love for him, still it can’t be compare to how much he loves us… How he can love us that much? He really wants this time to work. Us. He didn’t say anything when he was discharged from the hospital and he smiles at us like always, sharing jokes, laughs and it was like nothing happened before. He didn’t mention about it even once. I don’t know whether I should worry about it or not. He seems fine and somehow that worries me more, I guess.” Taeyang said as his eyes still staring at the ceiling.

 

Jiyong didn’t reply this time and he too is looking at the ceiling as well. He remembered something.

 

Flashback

“Where is Han Jonghyun now?”

 

That voice seems hard and the tone seems different. That was the first question comes out from Seunghyun on the day he is discharged from the hospital and that was when only Jiyong and Seunghyun was in the room. Jiyong was busy packing Seunghyun’s stuffs into the bag while Seunghyun just sit at the side of the bed and staring emptily at the window, looking at outside.

 

“He is in police detention for now, before he will be brought to the court the day after tomorrow…” Jiyong answered.

 

“You know where?” Seunghyun flat replied.

 

“Where what?”

 

“Where he is detained…”

 

“Hmm…I know hyung…”

 

“Where…”

 

“May I know why, hyung?”

 

That question remains unanswered for a moment. Seunghyun was not replying and just sitting in silent.

 

“Gunpoucheguk Gyeonggi-do, Seoul hyung…” Jiyong finally gives out the location to Seunghyun without being asked. However, there was no reply from Seunghyun, and Jiyong ended up back to packing his hyung’s stuffs into the bag like nothing was asked before.

End of flashback

 

“Jiyong-ahh…” Taeyang’s voice is pulling back Jiyong from the memory. Jiyong turn Taeyang who is now sitting on the bed and is looking at him with his serious look. Jiyong just stares back at Taeyang without opening his mouth and he just waits for Taeyang’s words.

 

“Han Jonghyun’s death is nothing to do with hyung, isn’t it…?” Taeyang asked and what he asked is not really sounds like a question actually.

 

Damn! Why the hell this guy has to ask at exactly the right time I remembered about it. Jiyong let out a heavy sighs as he gets up from his position and sits like Taeyang. Han Jonghyun’s death definitely a shock to everybody but somehow not to their eldest hyung, Seunghyun. Everyone remembered how Jiyong showed the news to Seunghyun the next day when the articles came out where Han Jonghyun was found death in police detention. The death itself was already sounds crazy to them but the fact that he died in police detention because of heart attack right before he would be brought to the court that morning; it sure sounds minded to them. However, how Seunghyun reacted that morning, causing everyone not to mention about it anymore. No one is digging the news. No one is trying to deduce anything about how Han Jonghyun died. Everyone just shut it off and leave it at that. Seunghyun just looked at the news from Jiyong’s phone and brushed it off in instant, like it was just daily news to him.

 

“Even it has anything to do with hyung, I didn’t mind it at all, you know…” Taeyang said.

 

Jiyong looks at him in instant, trying to interpret what Taeyang meant by that.

 

“Han Jonghyun… He deserved it… His death was a Christmas to me… I know this sounds evil but I don’t care… What he did was too much and it caused so much pain to our family and to hyung as well. And I’m sorry Ji even I know, he is Da Ra’s elder brother, but I can’t forgive him for the rest of my life…” Taeyang said.

 

Jiyong sighs.

 

“Even if hyung didn’t do it; I almost did it anyway…” Jiyong said. “After what he has done to us, death is the only thing he deserved…” Jiyong looks at Taeyang this time. “This will forever be our secret, hyung…” Jiyong continued.

 

Taeyang just pats Jiyong’s back, and nodding his head in return. Their secrets because both of them know damn well what their eldest hyung is capable of doing actually and even this death has anything to do with their hyung, they just don’t care. Their hyung did the right thing. If their hyung didn’t do it at the first place, like what Jiyong just said before, Jiyong himself will plan the death. Their family has face enough already.

 

Meanwhile, at downstairs, Seungri who is in the kitchen is about to go upstairs when he noticed a figure is sitting on their swings near the lake and he recognized straight away that the figure is obviously his eldest hyung, Seunghyun. Seungri decided to go to Seunghyun first before heading to his bed to sleep. He needs to get up early tomorrow for his entrance exam.

 

He walked out from the house and heading calmly to his hyung. The wind is a bit chilly and why the hell his hyung is sitting here alone in the dark.

 

“Hyung…” Seungri calls out as soon as he reached Seunghyun’s side.

 

Seunghyun looked startled for a moment as he looks at his side and found Seungri standing there looking at him.

 

“What are you doing here, hyung… It’s cold! Let’s go inside…” Seungri said and moves to take Seunghyun’s hand to pull him up.

 

“Why don’t you go to sleep yet?” Seunghyun asked as he just let Seungri holds his hand but Seunghyun is not getting up.

 

“I’m about to go to sleep but I saw you here… I want drag you to bed as well… Come!” Seungri said as he pulls his hyung but Seunghyun just chuckles at that attempt and shakes his head.

 

“Hyung will follow you in a bit… You go ahead first…” Seunghyun said.

 

Seungri frowns at his hyung’s request. He looks at Seunghyun for a moment and he hates it when he can read that sad smile on his hyung’s face.

 

“Let me stay here with you, for a while… And then I will go to bed…” Seungri said as he let go Seunghyun’s hand and moves to his hyung’s side, taking his seat on the swing as well.

 

“Ahh… Swing it, hyung…” Seungri said as then both of them move the swing and immediately the wind become colder to them. “Damn.. Stop.. Stop… Worse!”

 

Seunghyun let out a small laugh at his maknae.

 

“Wear thicker clothes next time, hyung…” Seungri said as he looks at what his hyung is wearing. Just a plain long sleeves black t-shirt and a long pant.

 

Seunghyun doesn’t reply those words and just smile in return while his eyes are now on the lake in silent.

 

Seungri does the same as well. His hyung wants silent, so he will gives one. Seungri just stares emptily at whatever in front of him and let the time passed by in silence. It somehow feels good. He feels relaxed. Few minutes passed and Seungri starts to get bored. Dae hyung is definitely right; silence is not for him at all. Seungri ended up turn to face his hyung beside him. He almost wants to say something to his hyung but stops in the air as he looks at his eldest hyung’s face. His Seunghyun hyung looks sad while staring at the lake.

 

“Hyung…” Seungri called out.

 

Seunghyun takes a deep breath and he looks at Seungri with a smile.

 

“Tell hyung about your noona, Seungri… Hyung would like to hear that…”

 

Seungri’s eyes turn wide. That sudden request breaks Seungri’s heart as he looks at Seunghyun right in the eyes. What is this?

 

“I miss her…” Seunghyun said slowly while looking at Seungri with his sad smile. “Talk to hyung about her, Seungri…”

 

A tear starts to form in his eyes as he listens to his hyung’s request. At the very moment his hyung was discharged from the hospital, never once Seunghyun talk about her or even mentioning about her. They are just living their days like nothing happened before and by just listening to his hyung’s sudden request tonight, proved to Seungri, that Seunghyun is never fine. Never once. No one is able to recover from this kind of heart break.

 

Just how much it hurts you hyung… Just how much it hurts you… You still smile with us, laughs for us and never once you mention about how you feel inside. You comfort me… You comfort everyone and you told us, how this thing will pass as time goes by but you… But you, hyung… It hurts, isn’t it?

 

“She asked you not to forget to take your meds on time hyung… She asked me to do well in my studies and make you proud…” Seungri said with his shaking voice and he can see clearly how tears are forming in his hyung’s eyes. “She looked so pretty that day, hyung… So pretty… She let her hair down; she wore the dress you bought for her… I remembered that she asked me before whether you still keep her pink dress with you or not… She didn’t want you to return it to her or else she would run out of excuses to see you…”

 

Seunghyun bites his lips as he listens to Seungri and he can’t help about the tears that fall down from his eyes. It hurts. This is hurt.

 

“She loved you and she came for you every day…” Seungri continues.

 

Seunghyun force a smile and nodding his head at those words.

 

“And I love her too…” Seunghyun said softly.

 

Seungri’s tears fall from his eyes and nod his head.

 

“She knew hyung… She knew…”

 

Seunghyun looks back at the lake. “I love her….” Seunghyun said as he closes his eyes, letting the tears rolling on his cheeks. “I love her…”

 

Seungri holds Seunghyun’s right hand and squeezed it firmly.

 

“We will get through this hyung… We will get through this, together… You have us…” Seungri said.

 

Seunghyun stays in silent and his eyes remains close as he squeezed Seungri’s hand as well. He has his dongsaengs. He has all of them this time… With him…

 

“Hyung… I’m taking meds course…” Seungri said softly to Seunghyun.

 

With those words alone, Seunghyun opens his eyes back and he looks at Seungri with questioning look.

 

“I’m telling you now… I’m taking meds course, so pray for me… I want to be a doctor… I want to be a heart specialist like Eun Hye noona, so pray for me hyung… Pray for me…” Seungri said as his face smiling with hope.

 

Seunghyun looks at Seungri in disbelief at first but finally, very slowly, a small smile appeared on his face. Finally, that small smile turns into a proud one. Seunghyun gives his brightest smile to his maknae and ended up moves to Seungri and pulls his maknae to his embrace and he hugs him tight. Seungri is so damn happy as he hugs his Seunghyun hyung back. He knows what this hugs meant. It means happy. His Seunghyun hyung is happy and that is what he wants for his hyung. He would do anything for that.

 

“You are definitely a blessing, Seungri… Our family’s blessing…” Seunghyun said in tears, while still hugging his maknae. He is proud this time. So proud. “Omma was right… You are a blessing to us, Seungri…”

 

Seunghyun finally breaks the hug and he looks at Seungri, with a smile.

 

“Hyung loves you…”

 

Seungri nods his head with a smile. “I know…”

 

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

 

7 years later…

 

The surrounding in the airport is so freaking busy and many people are here and there, maybe sending their loved one to somewhere far or waiting for their loved one to come home after for a very long time. For these brothers case, who are currently fixes their eyes solely at the arrival entrance; they are actually waiting for their loved one to come home to them. It’s been years.

 

“His flight is delayed or what??? He rode this plane right? Where is he?” Jiyong who is in his black suit from head to toe is keeping on babbling.

 

“HYUNG! Is he here?? Is he here yet???” Daesung asked as he panting like crazy as he just came to them, running from the entrance while carrying a very big bouquet of flowers with him. That must be hard on him. He shoved that big bouquet of flowers to Jiyong, immediately to stable his breathing. Daesung is also coming with his black suit. “I ran like crazy and asked the driver to speed but still he is not here yet???!! I’m so going to kill him if he pranked us…”

 

“Ahhh this kid! Thinking himself like a celebrity… He told me this flight though!” Taeyang said as he fixed his black cap and face mask but still all black, to avoid some fuss from the public. The three of them are right now standing near the arrival gate for the flight from Russia and they have been standing there for about few minutes. Daesung is getting annoyed, Jiyong is babbling nonstop and Taeyang is standing in silent while folding his arms, waiting, trying his best to stay calm.

 

“Where is he?” a deep voice comes in.

 

The three of them turn around to face the source of the voice and it comes from their eldest hyung, Seunghyun. He comes straight from the office so he came with his own car just now, justifying on why he is late. Seunghyun is just wearing his black shirt with his tie a bit loose and black pants. He let his sleeves folds up a bit, almost reaching his elbow. He adjusts his spectacles.

 

“He is not here yet?” he asked.

 

“Not yet hyung…” Daesung replied.

 

“Are you guys sure this flight??” Seunghyun asked again.

 

“He told me this one though… ETA was right after all, he should be here right now, but we couldn’t see him coming from the entrance…” Taeyang said.

 

“Is he playing with us???” Jiyong said with his suspicious tone. “Knowing him my whole life, I knew this could happened,”

 

“BOOOO!!!!!!!”

 

Someone scream to shock them from Jiyong’s back, and for god sake, only God knows just how much four of them cursed at the young man that appeared out of the blue.

 

“FOR ING SAKE SEUNGRI! LIKE ING SERIOUSLY!” Jiyong scolds straight away when their maknae is laughing nonstop after shocking the four of them. The man that they are waiting is finally here with them. Finally.

 

“Ahhh hyung! Sorry! Are you okay!?” Seungri asked immediately in panic as he caught Seunghyun rubbing his chest.

 

“You are so annoying Seungri!” Seunghyun scolds as he moves forward a bit and smacks his maknae’s head right away.

 

Taeyang is just helping Seunghyun more as he pull Seungri to him and put the maknae in headlock and shake him few times. Jiyong just kicks his maknae’s and followed with Daesung who did the same, kicking the maknae’s .

 

“I thought I would be welcomed with flowers and gifts! What is this???” Seungri screams while still being headlock by Taeyang.

 

“Ahh.. Taeyang stop it… Let him go..” Seunghyun finally opens his mouth.

 

Taeyang does as what his hyung said and finally let go his maknae’s neck. Seungri is right away rubbing his neck and while pouting. His eyes stares hardly at Taeyang but Taeyang slowly let out his bright smile at his maknae while finally hold up his arms to Seungri.

 

“Welcome home, Dr. Seungri… Our future heart specialist….” Taeyang said with proud.

 

Seungri smiles brightly in instant. He can’t help this. He miss his family so much. He moves to Taeyang in speed and hugs his hyung like there is no tomorrow. This follows by Daesung who hugs them both and then Jiyong joins the group hugs too.

 

“Our maknae is back!” Jiyong said in happiness.

 

“Our maknae!!!” Daesung screams in joy as he ruffles Seungri’s hair in between the hug.

 

“We miss you maknae! Like so much!” Jiyong said.

 

Seungri nods his head and he can’t help the tears now. A love like this… Definitely a gift.

 

“Kyaaa… One more person… He miss you the most…” Taeyang whispers to Seungri’s ear, as he slowly breaking the hugs. They look at each other faces. Everyone is crying though. They chuckles between them because of the sudden tears.

 

Seungri finally turning around and he saw one more person with folding arms, looking at him in silent and smiling at him. As time goes by, his eldest hyung does look different from years ago. He does looks older but yes, he is still that dashing man in his late thirties. That spectacle that his hyung is wearing only makes him look even more handsome. Really, hyung? At the age of 37, you are looking this good?

 

Seungri smiles at his eldest hyung as he then walk slowly to his hyung and stop in front of him.

 

“How are you hyung?” Seungri asked softly with smile on his face.

 

Seunghyun’s smile widened at that sudden formal question.

 

“I’m great…” Seunghyun replied simply.

 

Seungri nods his head.

 

“Do you take your meds on time?” Seungri asked.

 

“Definitely, Doctor…” Seunghyun answered in proud.

 

Seungri let out a small laughs.

 

“I miss you, hyung….” Seungri said.

 

Seunghyun smiles.

 

“When do you think you want to finally hug me?” Seunghyun asked.

 

Seungri laughs at that question and finally Seungri moves with open arms and Seunghyun pulls his maknae into a big hug. Seunghyun hugs Seungri tightly as he pats his maknae’s back proudly.

 

“You made it… Good job, Seungri… Good job.. Hyung is so proud of you…” Seunghyun whispers to his maknae while hugging him.

 

“Thank you hyung… I won’t be able to do this without all of you…” Seungri replied.

 

“We love you maknae..” Seunghyun replied.

 

“Ahhh… I want to join this one as well!” Daesung’s sudden voice comes in and in speed a group hugs is formed one more time. This time, the five of them is hugging together.

 

Omma, if you are watching this… Be proud of us, omma. I am fine, everyone is more than fine as well… We are happy omma and this kind of happiness, is definitely a blessing. I did it… I did as what you told me. We are definitely together…

 

“We are going there straight away after this?” Seungri asked as soon as they break the hug.

 

Jiyong looks at Seungri from head to toe. Pass. All black.

 

“Yeah right now… You don’t mind right? Are you tired?” Jiyong asked.

 

“No, I don’t mind… Let’s go… I miss her…” Seungri replied with his bright smile.

 

“For you!” Taeyang shoved the bouquet of flowers to him as they walk together to the entrance of the airport while Seunghyun asked his men to bring Seungri’s luggage home.

 

“One bouquet only!?” Seungri said in dissatisfaction.

 

“That’s enough,” Daesung said.

 

“I studied damn hard and was away from my family for years, but finally only get this????” Seungri said and now he is mad.

 

“Shut up! You will get the rest at home,” Jiyong said as he smacks his maknae’s head.

 

Seungri smiles in instant.

 

“Let’s go!” Seungri screams as he jumps happily. His hyungs just shake their heads as they look at their crazy maknae.

 

***************************************************************************************

 

The four of them are now waiting outside the memorial place, waiting for their turns to enter one by one and right now, it’s Jiyong’s turn first. Daesung, Seungri and Taeyang are right now chit chatting with each other and sharing stupid lame jokes together while Seunghyun is leaning his back at the wall behind him with his both hands in his pockets and just looking at his stupid dongsaengs bullying their maknae as usual. There are some things that will never change though.

 

Meanwhile, inside the memorial place, Jiyong is alone standing facing the memorial shelves, covered with glasses as there are inside, flowers, a picture and the ashes. He smiles while looking at the picture.

 

“That spoiled brat is back, Eun Hye-ahhh…. And I think he will bragging about his studies and works at you after this, so I hope you stand him for a little while alright…” Jiyong said as he laughs at his own words while he is looking at the picture beside her ashes, in the memorial shelves. Her father did a great job by putting the prettiest picture of her there. Jiyong smiles at the picture and let out a sigh. “I’m running out of words to say how much I thank you for everything Eun Hye. You gave us another life, you know. A new air to breath, a new start, a new beginning. We owed you big time in this life time, Eun Hye… Even Seungri now is following your footsteps. He is already a doctor and we are so damn proud of him. Thanks to your father, who has been helping him in his studies. Sigh. A love like this Eun Hye. Seriously? Even if you were gone, you left someone here to take care of us. You gave us a father, Eun Hye… We shared the same father now and as what we promised you before. We will take care of him for the rest of our lives. We promised you… Ahhh… And by the way, Da Ra asking me to send her regards to you… She has not come here for quite a long time right? Seunghoon is making a fuss at home, Eun Hye… That kid, I don’t know what to do with him. Running here and there all the time. He refused to stay with his nanny and wants her omma at all times. Da Ra is going crazy too I tell you. Next time, I promise you, I would bring them here to meet you okay. The last time you met Seunghoon was when he was 2 months right? Now, that naughty boy is almost 3 years old. He really needs to meet his aunt… So, I would bring them later… To meet you…” Jiyong stops at his trail of words for a moment as he stares softly at Eun Hye’s picture. Jiyong’s bright smile is slowly changing to a sad one. He let out a heavy sigh this time. “We did exactly like what you told us last time, Eun Hye… We are taking care of him… We are taking care of him… He eats his meds on time, he spent lots of his time with us, and we never leave his side even for a moment. We are always there for him and you know who I’m talking about, right? I don’t think I I need to mention his name because you knew… ” Jiyong stop for a moment. “Thank you so much, for everything Eun Hye… I owed you big time in this life time… A big one.. Well, let’s meet others, shall we?” Jiyong ends his talk as he opens the glass cover at the shelves and slowly put a red rose near Eun Hye’s ashes’ jar. He closes the glass cover back and smile at the picture one last time, before finally leaves the place and walks out.

 

Jiyong coming out from the memorial place, caused the four brothers to turn to him at the same time. Jiyong with his bitter smile, slowly mouthing “next one” to his brothers.

 

“It’s my turn…” Daesung said as he smiles and slowly walks in to the memorial place.

 

Jiyong walks to Seunghyun and leans his back at the wall like his hyung. Seunghyun just smiles at his dongsaeng in silent. That gloomy face will always appeared right after he did the “talk” with Eun Hye and Seunghyun didn’t mind about it at all. Everyone has the right to be sad.

 

Right now inside the memorial place, it’s Daesung’s turn to do the “talk”.

 

“How are you noona? I believed you are dancing happily right now looking at your beloved maknae is becoming a doctor. Looking at how his mind was a bit off before, we never expect that he would turn out to be a doctor, right? I’m still shocked anyway. He still need to go through few more years ahead, noona as he wants to be a heart specialist, like you. He would become older while studying. Well, looking at himself who has no girlfriend yet, well, I prepared something that going to make him going crazy after this. His real gift is waiting at home, noona and I believed you knew about it too, right?” Daesung chuckles as his minds wander to the real gift for Seungri at home. “I’m so sorry noona, for not coming here for quite some time… Life gets busy you know… And now, I already know why Seunghyun hyung is so damn busy till he always came home late before. I think I’m becoming like him, noona. Not good, right? Yoona is mad at me too, you know… She would talking nonstop on how I spent most of my time in the office rather than with her. Then, she would say I don’t love as much as she loves me. That girlfriend of mine, is really something noona. She would take things to the extreme measure but I love her anyway. I do love her… If only you are here, I believed you will be listening to me and help me about her right? You would be my love doctor. You were a doctor anyway. Sigh. Well, I will do better okay even the work load in the office is no joke noona. Ji hyung is bullying me at every time he got. I’m tired. You better come into his dream and haunt him for me noona. Ask him to stop handing his projects to me. I’m going crazy, you know… Haisy… Nevertheless, I love this job anyway. I never thought that I’m going to love working with Ji hyung and Seunghyun hyung. Our company is doing so well… You would be proud of us,” Daesung said. He takes a deep breath as he opens the glass cover and finally put a rose together with Jiyong’s. “If only we have more time, noona… If only… Things will be so much different… Regardless of all of that, I’m still thanking you noona. For everything… This favor of yours, we would be forever indebted with you,” Daesung slowly closes the glass cover and looks softly at Eun Hye picture. “Hyung is missing you in every day of his life… He never mention about it, but I know… I know… Look after us, noona… Watch us well… Don’t worry… We will take care of him…” With that, Daesung gives his smile one last time, and finally leaving the place and walks out from the memorial.

 

Those brothers turn to Daesung who just came out.

 

“I guess, it’s my turn now…” Taeyang said as he then not wasting anytime and walks into the memorial place. Taeyang walks in silent till finally he reaches to Eun Hye’s shelf. He smiles sweetly this time at the picture. Nothing changes. Taeyang take out something from his suit and he holds it in his hand, and showing it to Eun Hye.

 

“I brought you my latest album… I know you would love to have it with you…” Taeyang said as he opens the glass cover and put his album beside Eun Hye’s picture. “You could brag about it you know because you are the first one who gets my latest album. I hope you like it…” Taeyang smiles at the picture. “Well, life has been great so far… Well, to break the news, I and Hyo Rin is getting married this year, so don’t get frustrated okay.. I know you are my die-hard fan… Sigh. Damn… I know you are happy… You are definitely happy that I’m finally met the one. She is the world to me and I’m glad that I met her. Preparation is already being carried out and we would do a simple private wedding, as you know how Hyo Rin is. She doesn’t like this fancy and grand wedding. We would do it garden style though. I’m glad she’s thinking that way, judging by Jiyong’s wedding before. It was huge, man… Jiyong’s wedding beats mine. But I don’t mind. All the preparation is tiring you know. Looking at how Jiyong is babbling about his wedding last time, I surrender!” Taeyang laughs at his words as his mind wander at the time when the whole family is turning ups and down while preparing Jiyong’s wedding. He doesn’t want to go through it again. “Well, I’ll bring you the card next time with her, alright. You met her once, and now she’s becoming prettier each day, so I would bring her to you, next time. Promise,” Taeyang said. Slowly he takes out a rose from his suit. He looks at it for a moment. Taeyang takes a deep breath before he opens his mouth. “He miss you…” Taeyang said softly as he brings up his eyes to Eun Hye’s picture and let out a small smile. “Do you miss him?” Taeyang asked and this time, his smile is fading. “He is too lonely without you… Yeah, we are there with him all the time… But you know, the emptiness that he feels inside, no one knows. He might be smiling and laughing with us… But you…. You are different. He is 37 this year but nothing is changing. He is still that same hyung who stick with us through thick and thin. He is there in any times and at all costs. We are really taking care of him, Eun Hye but you must know one thing. There is emptiness in him, that we would never be able to fill it forever. No one of us is dare enough to match making him or introduce him to other women even a few attempts has been done, but you know. He is that our Seunghyun hyung. No one can change him. He loved once. Only once, so talk to him Eun Hye… He miss you…” Taeyang said as he finally put the rose together with others. “We miss you too…” Taeyang finally smiles back at the picture and slowly closes the glass cover. “Goodbye…” and with that Taeyang takes his steps away from the shelf and moves, walking out from the memorial.

 

“Maknae…” Taeyang calls out as soon as he came out from the memorial. Seungri who is standing together Daesung just gives out his smile and takes a deep breath. He looks at his Seunghyun hyung first before he walks in and Seunghyun just gives him a comforting smile. Seungri smiles back and walks in. In silent, he carries a rose in his right hand till finally he reaches the shelf. He turns to look at the picture. The bright smile of Eun Hye is making Seungri smiles even wider. Seungri is not talking for a moment as his eyes are softly fixes on Eun Hye’s picture. The smile that Eun Hye gives from the picture, slowly reminds him to the moment when he told her about his intention on becoming a doctor. Many years ago.

 

“Oh my god! Oh my god Seungri! Seriously??? Are we thinking about the same thing???” Eun Hye asked in excitement. It’s been a while since the last time she’s feeling this way. She almost wants to jump in front of Seungri but she controls herself anyway, trying so hard to play cool. Seungri nods his head and he laughs at Eun Hye’s reaction. She is that happy???

“You are taking medics!!!???” Eun Hye asked with her wide eyes. She really feels like her real dongsaeng is the one who is taking medics right now. She couldn’t hide her happiness and excitement. She wants to scream and jump at the same time.

“Yes noona…” Seungri answered as he chuckles at Eun Hye’s excitement and his coffee almost spills when Eun Hye suddenly jump at him and hugs him tight.

“Woah Seungri-ahhh!!! Noona is soooooo happy!!! Oh my god!! Why am I like this??? I don’t know that I will be this happy!!” Eun Hye said as she hugs Seungri tightly. “Noona is so excited for you!! Oh my god!!”

Seungri smiles widely and hugs his noona back. Yes, his noona. His one and only noona.

“I’m happy! I’m happy! I’m happy!” Eun Hye said as she finally pulls away and she looks at Seungri with her brightest smile ever. “Noona will help you! It’s a promise!! Noona will make sure that you will become a doctor! A great doctor…” Eun Hye said excitedly as she looks at Seungri with proud. Her dongsaeng.

“I knew you would say that….” Seungri jokes.

“Ahhh… That confident huh! So, when can we start??? Tomorrow is noona’s off day,” Eun Hye said with a grin on her face. Seungri’s eyes become wide.

“Already??” he asked.

“Yeah! Your exam is next month Seungri! We don’t have much time left!”

“Okay… Okay.. Hmm.. Let’s start tomorrow noona… After I came back from school, let’s do that…” Seungri starts to get excited.

 

“You were so excited back then, noona… So, now… I’m really a doctor. Would you jump for me?” Seungri asked with his shaking voice. “You almost jumped in happiness last time… So, I’m asking you now… Would you jump for me this time? I would love to see that..”

 

A tear finally falls from his eyes. Seungri bites his trembling lips. “I’m finally a doctor now, noona and I would pursue my dream to become a heart specialist like you… I would make it come true. It’s okay if you can’t jump for me right now, but I know, you are definitely happy for me over there right… I believed you must want to hug me so bad too right? I made my hyungs proud, noona.. I did well in my studies… I took care of myself really well… I’m not that Seungri who plays all the time. I’m 25 years old now… How time flies so fast, right?” Seungri said.

 

“Our family has been so great noona. Jiyong hyung is married and now have a son with the love of his life. Taeyang hyung is getting married this July. He found the one too… Daesung hyung is now happily in love with his girlfriend. And I? I’m married to my studies of course. I aim to complete our dream first noona, before thinking about something else. Our dream. It sounds right, isn’t it noona… I love you, you know that right?” Seungri said brightly as he wipes away his tears on his cheeks. “Seunghyun hyung… He is still that single man. Few attempts have been made noona, but you know him right. He is that man who only loved once in his life and it was you. It was you, noona. Always. As time goes by, as we grow up and starts our new chapters in our lives, he is still there, watching us, looking after us, motivate us, cheering us. I want him to be happy, noona. I want him to be happy. But as we all know, his happiness lies with you. He said to us many times, “My dongsaengs are enough for me, and I don’t need more…” and another attempt to introduce any woman to him, would cause fatal. He said that himself noona. That stubborn hyung of ours. We will make him happy noona… We will… I will take care of him for the rest of my life. So, watch us from above noona. Stays on being our guardian angel. I miss you…” Seungri said as he smiles and let one more tear falls from his eyes as he opens the glass cover. He slowly put down the rose that he held before together with to other roses. Seungri stares at Eun Hye’s picture for a moment. “How different this life would be if you are still here with us… Thank you for saving my life noona… Thank you for saving hyung’s life… Thank you for saving our lives… Thank you for letting us to be together till this day. I owed you. So, I would do as you told. I would make everyone proud and I will take care of my family. Forever…” For the last time, Seungri mouthing “I love you” towards Eun Hye’s picture and very slowly he is retreating back and waving to the picture brightly. Seungri finally leaves the shelf and walks away.

 

Seungri walks out from the memorial and everyone turn to him. Seungri looks at Seunghyun with a smile.

 

“She’s waiting…”

 

Seunghyun smiles and nods his head. Without saying anything, he walks slowly towards the entrance and enter the memorial alone.

 

“As usual, he brought those same flowers with him…” Jiyong said as soon as Seunghyun entered the memorial.

“He never forgets…” Daesung said.

 

“Who will be able to forget? A love like that…” Taeyang said with a bitter smile on his face.

 

Seungri joins them and just acknowledged his hyungs words with silence.

 

Meanwhile, inside the memorial, Seunghyun’s footsteps are echoing through that silent memorial place. He walks slowly with his left hand inside his pocket and a small bouquet of white baby breath flowers in his right hand. He holds the flowers tightly till finally he reaches the shelf. He stops his steps and turns to the shelf.

 

A small smile appeared on his face as his eyes lay on the picture.

 

“Hey, love…” he said softly.

 

Time is like stop ticking for a moment, when he said that. The wind is like stop blowing for a moment. Silence is filling the air.

 

“They took a very long time with you… I’m started to get jealous, you know…”

 

Seunghyun brings up the flowers to his nose. He smells it as he looks at the picture.

 

“I brought your flowers here… Mine should be different, right? It smells nice… Like you…”

 

“Hmm.. Judging by the time that they took in talking to you, I believed they are telling you about me right? Sigh. Those boys… Bad mouthing me at you. So bad… Don’t listen to them Eun Hye-ahh… I’m living just fine right here… I’m doing great… So, don’t worry about me… I’m taking care of myself just fine… I’m still taking my meds on time, I didn’t go crazy with work anymore… I travelled a lot… I eat a lot… Well, I bring appa with me each time I travelled, okay. So, don’t be jealous… We get along so well… We are going to have bbq party today when we reached home after this. I think appa is already there with others. I’m sorry I didn’t bring him with me today. He said, he wanted to prepare things with the others. He bonding so well with Ji’s wife and son, you know. He spoiled that boy like crazy, and now I’m worried. But Da Ra is pregnant with their second child now, so I think Seunghoon won’t be the only one after this…” Seunghyun chuckles as he said that. “Everyone is busy preparing for Taeyang’s wedding and I’m more than happy when his wedding is so much more simple that Ji’s one. I got headache with Ji’s wedding, remember? I came to you a lot that time. Stress. But now, the plan is different. Hyo Rin is very sweet to Taeyang so, I’m happy for him as well. So, after this, we might hear about Daesung’s wedding. Who knows right? But that kid is so busy with work lately. But don’t worry Eun Hye, I told him to slow down. Don’t worry… He won’t become like me…”

 

“Well, you saw Seungri just now? He must be crying at you, right? That silly boy… Such a crying baby…”

 

“What did he tell you? You must be happy right… He’s becoming like you… I’m so proud of him, Eun Hye-ahh… Like really damn proud… You know, watching all of them growing up in front of my eyes, achieved their dreams… I’m happy…” Seunghyun stops with his words.

 

Seunghyun smiles as he opens the glass cover slowly. He looks at Eun Hye’s picture and carefully he touches the picture and let his fingers runs at Eun Hye’s smiles.

 

“Time is flying, darling… Things change… But my love, when can we meet each other again?”

 

“No matter how short our encounter was, it was still the greatest time of my life… I was happy and I want you to know that you were the one who makes me happy… What we had was great… I love it very much because it was with you… I love you Seunghyun and there was nothing I wouldn’t do for you… Before I met you, my life was dull, boring and colorless but after I met you, everything started to make sense. You were the one… Those short times that we spent together were everything to me… Looking at you, listening to you, talking to you or even waiting for you… Everything was perfect for me and I don’t need more… Things were great for me and it was enough”

 

“You loved me that much?” Seunghyun asked and his smiles fade. “I don’t get to tell you that I love you too…”

 

“Let’s meet each other again Seunghyun-ahh… Let’s meet again, and love each other for a long long time… I promise, I’ll come to you… I’ll come to you… I’ll come to you sooner so that time, the waiting would be shorter and the meeting would be longer… I promise you that… I will always choose you.. I’ll come to you Seunghyun… So, don’t worry… Move on…”

 

“You already promised to me… So, let’s meet again alright, love… Let’s do that… I couldn’t wait to meet you again…”

 

“I’ll be with you… I’ll be with you Seunghyun, I’m not going anywhere… but I’m begging you.. Live… I want you to live… Live your life…”

 

Seunghyun brings his hand to his chest. This heart. It’s hers. She kept her promise. She is with him for all this time.

 

“Thank you…”

 

Seunghyun brings the flowers that he holds and puts it slowly behind Eun Hye’s picture, beside the ashes. “Let’s meet in the next life time, Eun Hye… That time, I would be the one who is going to run to you… I promise…” Seunghyun whispers softly. Seunghyun slowly closes the glass cover. He smiles sweetly to Eun Hye’s picture one last time.

 

“See you again next time, dear…” Seunghyun is slowly retreating back from the shelf, and finally turn to walk away to leave.

 

“I love you Seunghyun-ahh…”

 

Seunghyun’s steps stop in instant when he heard that. His body freezes on the spot and his mind gone numb for a moment. That familiar voice. He knows that voice so well. Slowly, very slowly Seunghyun turns to his back and his eyes turn wide at what he sees.

 

There is she, standing in her black dress with her hair let down prettily. She is smiling at him.

 

What is this? Seunghyun stares very hard at the figure that is standing quite far from him. He can see clearly how she is smiling at him like how she usually did before. She smiles brightly and looking at him with her soft eyes.

 

Seunghyun’s heart is beating so fast at the sight of her and no matter how hard he keeps holding on the tears, it still falling down anywhere. He miss her... He miss her so bad, and it’s been years since the last time he saw her. Now, she’s here. Seunghyun wants to say her name so bad but his own voice like doesn’t want to come out at all. He froze in his spot while looking at her. She is still beautiful like flowers. Eun Hye-ahh… I miss you…

 

“Hyung?”

 

That sudden interruption shocked him and Seunghyun turns around immediately as he sees Jiyong is standing near the entrance.

 

“Everyone is waiting for us at home…” Jiyong said reluctantly. He knows his hyung might want to spend more time with her but everyone is actually waiting for them at home, for the welcome home party for Seungri. They need to go home.

 

Seunghyun gives a weird look at Jiyong for a moment as he then turn back to the direction where he saw her just now. His eyes turn even wider. No one is there anymore. No one. There is no Eun Hye over there in her black dress.

 

“Hyung… We need to go home…” Jiyong said again as he sees Seunghyun is not moving in his spot.

 

“I will come out in a moment…” Seunghyun forced out his voice.

 

Jiyong just nods his head and walks out from the memorial. Once Jiyong left, Seunghyun immediately wipes away his tears. He takes a deep breath.

 

I need to go home first Eun Hye… I will come again next time, okay… Whatever it was just now, thank you so much… Thank you for coming to me… One last time… I love you too…

 

Seunghyun is just let out a small smile and looking at where he saw her just now and finally he turns around, leaving the memorial with a heavy heart, as always.

 

“Seunghoon must be starving at home, let’s go…” Seunghyun said as soon as he came out from the memorial.

 

“I believed Da Ra already bribed him with something….” Jiyong said as all of them walk down the stairs together.

 

“I miss Seunghoon!!” Seungri said. “I bought something for him,”

 

“Just for Seunghoon?” Jiyong asked.

 

“Seunghoon appa is old enough… Don’t be such a baby…” Seungri replied as they almost reach the cars.

 

Those words deserved a smack from Jiyong which he did it anyway.

 

“You and your words, always ask for beating, you know…”

 

“Maknae, ride with hyung…” Taeyang said as he pulls Seungri to him and bring him to his van.

 

“Hyung ride with us,” Daesung said to Seunghyun. Even before Seunghyun managed to reject, Jiyong already pulls his eldest hyung with him.

 

“Ride with us… Final…” Jiyong opens the car door for his hyung.

 

“Kyaa… Everyone gets into my van now… Let’s go home in one car only…” Taeyang calls out.

 

“Even better…” Daesung said as he runs to Taeyang’s van. Meanwhile Jiyong is dragging Seunghyun with him. All of them entered Taeyang’s van and they move to the house together followed by their respective cars from behind.

 

“What gift you prepared for Seungri, Dae?” Seunghyun suddenly asked on their way home. Daesung who sits beside Jiyong immediately turns around with excited face. He looks at Seungri.

 

“You better fixes your hair, maknae. And fixes you shirt too…” Daesung said excitedly.

 

“Why??? Why??? What do you guys want to do to me? Throw flour at me???” Seungri asked in panic.

 

Everybody laughs at that panic expression.

 

“Well… Yoona is waiting for us at home too..” Daesung said.

 

“SO???? That’s your girlfriend, not mine? Why should I fixes my hair and clothes for her?” Seungri said annoyingly.

 

Daesung moves forward and makes Seungri’s head a bit.

 

“You and your mouth!” Daesung scolds as he is annoyed now.

 

“Just tell him Dae…” Taeyang said.

 

Daesung refused to say anything to Seungri because he is already annoyed now. Seunghyun just shakes his head in silent looking at his dongsaengs behavior. Idiots.

 

They are now entering their house’s yard.

 

Daesung opens the door right away and comes out from the van followed by Jiyong, Taeyang, Seungri and Seunghyun.

 

“Samchoon!!!” a boy is screaming while running to them but sadly that boy doesn’t stop at Jiyong or even Seungri. That boy finally ended up in Seunghyun’s arms as Seunghyun lifting up that boy up in the air.

 

“Seunghoon-ahh…” Seunghyun said lovingly.

 

“Isn’t you should greet your appa first, Seunghoon??” Jiyong said as he pouting at his own son.

 

“His appa should greet his omma first…” a voice comes in as one pair of hands are hugging Jiyong’s waist from behind. Jiyong smiles at that greeting as he turns around and looking at the owner of the hands. His one and only wife. Jiyong lands a kiss on Da Ra’s lips as his right hand rubs Da Ra’s protruding stomach softly. In two months, they will have their second child and Seunghoon won’t be the only child anymore.

 

“Ahhh…. What a sight!” Seungri complained.

 

Everybody laughs at the two love birds. Taeyang is nowhere to be found now as then they can see where is Taeyang is standing right now. That man is hugging his fiancée who is preparing the food in silent.

 

“Sly…” Seungri said in dissatisfaction.

 

“Dae! Come here…” Yoona calls out his boyfriend who is not wasting any more time and running to her immediately. Seungri gasps right away at that sight. Seriously? Everyone?

 

Seunghyun carry Seunghoon in his arms as he walks to the bbq place near the lake.

 

“Wait for your turn, Seungri…” Seunghyun said to his maknae as he walks passing by Seungri and leaving that young man looking dumbfounded. He runs to his hyungs that already gathered together. There is also Seung Won with them who already came earlier.

 

“Hey! My turn for what???” Seungri asked childishly.

 

“Well Seungri, Yoona is bringing her friend here today… Seohyun, this is my maknae, Seungri… Seungri, this is Seohyun… I believed that you know her right? You guys went to the same school..” Daesung said with his hidden smile while his right hand still at Yoona’ waist. The said girl who is currently preparing the drink, looks a bit flattered by that sudden introduction. She moves forward politely and offers her hand to him.

 

“Seungri? You remember Seohyun, right?” Yoona asked when she can see how Seungri is totally looked so dumbfounded right now. His eyes are wide and his mouth is opens a bit.

 

“At least close your mouth maknae….” Taeyang said in shame.

 

Everybody is laughing so hard at that statement.

 

Seungri coughs a bit to clear his throat. This is so unexpected. He immediately moves to Seohyun and shakes her hand that almost falls.

 

“Seungri…” Seungri said politely as he introducing himself.

 

“Seohyun…” Seohyun replied softly.

 

“Awwww~~~” Daesung said teasingly. Yoona hits his boyfriend’s chest immediately while laughing too.

 

“Well, let’s eat!” Jiyong said as distributing the meats to everyone. “Seungri, you help Seohyun for the drinks.”

 

“There… There…. You have our blessing, Seungri…” Taeyang said jokingly.

 

Everybody laughs their heart out and now the welcoming party is officially starting. They start to get have their foods, and sharing jokes together.

 

Seung Won and Seunghyun sits together and talk while the others cook and eat as well. It is a very simple private gathering between them as to welcome Seungri home after 7 years of being away from them. No matter how much time flies in the future, their family should remain this way. How things change, how their family grows bigger each year, Seunghyun really hopes that this kind of happiness will stay with them forever.

 

Seunghyun brings his right hand to his chest. He takes a deep breath. For a moment, he feels so grateful for everything. He looks at his dongsaengs one by one. Jiyong is feeding his son some meat while Da Ra is feeding his husband too. Their little happy family. Taeyang is grilling some meats together with Hyo Rin and they are finally getting married in few months more. Such a love birds. At one corner, Yoona is sitting on Daesung’s laps and they are laughing so hard with each other. Sharing jokes as always. One more future to be couple maybe. Seungri is talking to Seohyun at one corner, while drinking together. His long time crush, like finally.

 

“I guess we are stuck with each other…” Seung Won’s words pulling Seunghyun out from his thoughts. Seunghyun chuckles at that statement. Seung Won must be observing him from the very beginning.

 

“Let’s drink our heart out for today, appa…” Seunghyun said as he pours another drink for Seung Won.

 

“Start a family Seunghyun…” Seung Won said right before he takes a sip of his drink. Seunghyun let out a small laughs at that request. He just shakes his head anyway.

 

“This is my family, appa..” Seunghyun said. “This is perfect…”

 

Seung Won sighs as he shakes his head. Stubborn man.

 

“I know what you are thinking, appa. Please don’t be angry… I’m happy… I’m more than happy… Stop worrying about me and let’s focus on what we have right now. Just stay with me, with us… We are a family anyway,” Seunghyun said as he let out a smile to Seung Won.

 

Seung Won nods his head understandingly and just smiles to his son. Both of them is back looking at the others talking and laughing happily together.

 

“Let’s stay together for a long long time…” Seunghyun whispers to himself.

 

Together.