1ST CHAPTER

TOGETHER

The secretary walks fast, as fast as she can and once she in front of the big door. She takes few steps back, breathe in and breathe out. Nervously, she knocks the door. Clearly she hears the man’s voice inside saying yes for her to come in. Slowly she opens the door. The man inside is clearly focus on the documents before him and at the same time his hand pressing the keyboard typing.

 

“The board meeting will start in 30 minutes, sir,”

“Yes, I’m well aware of that Lee Hi. Get my hyung,” the man instruct without looking at her and still focusing on the paper before him.

5 seconds with no response, the man finally looks up. Something is wrong.

 

“That’s the thing, Mr. Jiyong. The big boss is not here! Not even in the building. I called him so many times but no answer, I went to his room, and he’s not there. Even his secretary doesn’t know where he is, sir,” the secretary explained in one breath.

 

Where the hell his hyung thinks he’s going when the board meeting will start in 30 mins?

 

“Just go get everything ready, I’ll find him myself,”

Lee Hi nodded with relieves and left the room. She trusts his boss will be able to handle the matter himself. He is always able to find his hyung on time.

 

As soon as the secretary left, Jiyong quickly grab his handphone and call his hyung. No answers. “KYAAA!!!! HYUNG!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!!”Jiyong frustrated.

Jiyong try to locate his hyung’s handphone with GPS. He always does that, incase his hyung is missing in action due to work but his hyung always scold him for that. His hyung doesn’t like being traced that way. But now, desperate time calls desperate measure, Jiyong needs to do this. After 2 mins, location was sent to his handphone. Oh my god! His hyung is at the site! Why the hell he went to site when there is board meeting today!

Jiyong grab his coat and running leaving the room.

“Lee Hi, get my car ready, I’m going down now to pick hyung. Faster!” he said as he comes out from the room. The secretary moves like wind to alert Jiyong’s driver to get the car ready at the basement of the building.

As soon as Jiyong arrived at the basement, the car is there and Jiyong ask the driver to step out, he wants to drive.

The driver nodded and Jiyong get in and straightly speed up out of the building.

 

 

 

About 15 mins, he arrived at the site and quickly goes to look for his hyung.  One guard come and stops him.

 

“Sir you can’t come in without the safety cap.”

“Where’s Mr. Choi?”

“He’s up there with the others.” Jiyong narrowing his eyes and can see his hyung and the staffs at the 5th floor of the unfinished building. What the hell, hyung!

“I need him,” Jiyong straight go inside the site and stop at the area where his hyung can see him.

 

“HYUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HYUNG COME DOWN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

The tall man up there, Choi Seunghyun who clearly startled by the scream, immediately look down and find his dongsaeng standing angrily. This boy!!

 

The man quickly briefs his staffs for the last time and heads to the temporary lift besides the building. While coming down, the man’s head full with plans on how to smack his dongsaeng’s head. He hates someone to come and interrupt his work like this. As soon as he steps on the ground Jiyong is there

 

‘Kyaaa!! What are you…”

“Hyung!!! The board meeting is in 10 mins, why are you here checking the site!?”

 

The man is taken aback for awhile. He quickly checks his pocket and look for his handphone. No handphone. Where is his handphone? The man straight away run to his car and open the door. There is it. His handphone. Lots of notifications, miscalls, and texts.

 

“Jiyong-ah.. Hyung totally forgot,”

“Come hyung, get in my car. I’ll drive. We take your car later.”

“You drive????”

“Seriously, hyung? Right now??”

 

Seunghyun with total disagreement about Jiyong be driving by himself moves to pick his stuffs in his car. He knows so well how his dongsaeng drive. Well, desperate time calls desperate measure. Seunghyun picks all his stuffs in his car and get in the Jiyong’s car. Even before he manages to wear his seatbelt, Jiyong is already speeding. This boy… Sigh.

 

 

“Is this how the Director behaves during board meeting? Not even a representative? You think we have all day here!? What are you thinking calling us here and waste our time!?” Mr. Han Jonghyun, one of the shareholders raises his voice.

 

“I think, instead of discussing on the latest project, let’s just vote for the new Director, even better,”add him.

 

“Who is the NEW DIRECTOR, Mr. Han,” Seunghyun’s voice filled the room as the door open. Jiyong walks behind him straight to his seat. Seunghyun raises his eyebrows looking at everyone. He straightened his suit and stand at the podium, checking the mic.

 

“Looks like many are interested with my position. Interesting! If there is anyone thinks and feels there is someone better than me, please raise your hand and I’ll humbly step down. No response? Then, let’s move on. Well, I would like to apologies for being 10 mins late. As I just came from our latest project site. Inspecting the progress so that everyone here who is really really really interested with my positions can get a little heads up about what is going on with the project before hands,”  

 

Everyone just keep quiet knowing who the person that the Director is talking about.

 

“As I’m responsible of this whole wasting time thing, I would like to ask just 20mins of everyone’s time, to let me brief and clarifies everyone about our latest project and the proposal for us to involve with the government sector and then, everyone can go back spending your precious time with your respective works. Is everyone okay with that?”

 

A few moment of silence, before one man speak up.

 

“Mr. Choi, I believe everyone is okay with it, and please take as much time as you want. I know, that proposal you are talking about is worth every seconds of our time,” said Mr. Jung one of the senior investor of the company.

 

“Thank you so much, Mr. Jung. Now, I’ll proceed”. Jiyong smirk at his hyung, clearly signaling the proud, then he turn to someone who is clearly uncomfortable, Mr Han Jonghyun, young entrepreneur that able to sit in the meeting just because he is the proxy of his father. He is merely a representative but acting like he owns the place. Jiyong shots him the I’ll-keep-you-in-my-sight glare and Jonghyun just plays dumb.

 

 

The board meeting last about 2 hours as everyone start to get interested with the new project. Seunghyun did his best as always and able to get everyone in his hook. As soon as the meeting ended, Han Jonghyun is the first one to get up and leave the room without greets everyone. No one stops him either. Seunghyun then leaves to his room followed later by Jiyong.

 

His office a bit bigger than Jiyong’s room and further isolated than any rooms. Not everyone is allowed to enter; any appointment will be done in one of the meeting room outside. Not in his room. Only the secretary and his brothers are allowed inside.

As soon as he entered the room, Seunghyun straight away his coat and lazily put his coat on the couch. Loose his cuff links, ties, and folds his sleeves till reach his elbow while roaming on his desk looking for files that he left there this morning.

 

When he found it, he sits and opens the file and completely forgetting Jiyong who silently sit on the couch and observe him. This hyung never stops isn’t he? After one work to one work, after one matter to another matter. Only eats when someone reminds him, only sleeps when he falls asleep accidentally. Whose hyung is this? He is so thin.

 

“Hyung, have you eaten?”

"Hmmm,"

“What hmmm?”

For a moment, Seunghyun is thinking “Last night” he said.

 

What the hell? Jiyong looks at his watch, 5pm. Nice! Seunghyun hyung didn’t eat anything since morning! Jiyong straightly get up and leave the room.

20 mins later, he comes in without knocking at all and this frustrates Seunghyun so much but as soon as he wants to curse him; he couldn’t say anything because he sees Jiyong carries a tray of foods in his hand. He ignores him and get back to his computer.

 

“Hyung, eat”

"Later,"

“No hyung. Now. You didn’t eat anything since morning. You need to eat now,”

“Later Yong-ah. Can’t you see I’m working?”

“I don’t want you to get sick hyung,”

“I won’t”

“If you don’t eat now, I won’t tell you Daesung’s pointer for this semester,”

 

Seunghyun straight away looking at Jiyong, “The result already came out?”

Jiyong plays dumb. He sits cross legged on the couch and takes out his phone, completely ignoring his hyung.

 

“Seungri’s test result came out as well” add Jiyong while playing fish game in his phone.

 

Seunghyun leans in at his chair, he looks at the clock on the wall, 5.35pm and he didn’t eat anything since morning. He then looks at his dongsaeng. Jiyong must be tired as well and he wants to know about Daesung and Seungri’s result. He slowly gets up from his chair, heading to the couch and sit. When Jiyong sees his hyung wants to eat, he quickly put down his phone and starts to give chopstick to Seunghyun. He acts like a wife that faithfully waiting for the husband to eat. Looking at Seunghyun’s state, Jiyong really feels like to feed that man in front of him.

 

“Result” said Seunghyun while his mouth full with foods. He hates waiting and he wants to know now.

“Ask them yourselves” Jiyong smirking.

“YOU WANT TO DIE??” Seunghyun snaps and kick his dongsaeng.

Jiyong laughs crazily; he just wants to tease his hyung.

 

“Daesung got 3.4 and Seungri pass the test like a boss. Flying colors, don’t worry hyung,”

“What’s wrong with Daesung? Is he okay? Last time 3.6 Yong-ah.. Why his pointer keeps coming down?”

“Gravity hyung, gravity,” told Jiyong while laughing even harder.

“Ahhh this kid! Stop playing with me,” Seunghyun kicks Jiyong harder than before.

“Ouch HYUNG! I’m just joking. When else we can joke around like this? This is the only time we can joke like this. Haisy. When with you, I always feel like we are running out of time,” said Jiyong helplessly without thinking that his words make Seunghyun quiet.

 

“Err, hyung. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry hyung. I shouldn’t say that. I know that everything you do is for us. All of us,” Jiyong stares at Seunghyun that starts to eat slowly. Seunghyun didn’t say anything. He just eats and finishes the foods that Jiyong brought. After he finish his drink, he gets up to his desk and looks like wants to continue his work. Jiyong just quietly cleans up the plates and bowl.

 

“Hyung, when do you want to go and pick up your car?” Jiyong asked slowly.

“Later, I’ll go there myself and you go home first, Jiyong. Daesung might want to start his cooking now.”

“Alright hyung.” Without questioning anything, Jiyong picks up everything and leaves the room.

 

Once Jiyong outside the room, he turns back and looks at the close door. It’s been years hyung, you can’t keeps on doing this. We are okay now, this is more than okay, stop working so hard. Let the dongsaengs get to know you. Let Taeyang comes back and everyone is together. Again.

 

Jiyong leaves the office with a heavy heart.