END?

TOGETHER

3 years later…

 

“Where are the pastes that I asked you to buy before, Dae??!!!”

 

Daesung wrinkles at that sudden loud question from the kitchen downstairs while his eyes are still fixes on the big wide screen before him.

 

“Damn it! You buy it or not?” Taeyang’s grim voice beside him whispered in caution as not to wake up his baby girl who is in deep sleep on his lap, while he snatched the game console from Daesung’s hands at the same time.

 

“Hyung~~!”Seungri’s whining from behind, sitting on the couch. “You buy it or not!?? I told you to get those pastes first before you buy anything else, remember?” he asked again.

 

Daesung closed his eyes in frustration and desperation trying to remember whether he bought the pastes or not.

 

“I’m not sure!” Daesung replied in whispers tone as he turns around and looks at his maknae with his pitiful face.

 

“Damn! You are so dead! She’s pregnant and another 6 months your baby will look like an angry bird! Trust me!” Taeyang replied jokingly. “Get up and go! Before she yells again!”

 

“Is this how it feels when Hyo Rin noona pregnant with Hye Jin?” Daesung asked as he gets up from his position.

 

“YES!! Even worst!”Taeyang replied as he laughs with Seungri who happily get down from the couch and sit down on the floor, taking over Daesung’s place in playing the game.

 

Taeyang and Seungri just laughs as they heard how Yoona has been babbling towards Daesung and the other two voices also joining the mumbling session as soon as the poor man gets his in the kitchen.

 

It’s Saturday and today is their weekend gathering with the family and they are now waiting for the dinner to be ready now in the kitchen, specially cook by Yoona, HyoRin and Da Ra. Just now, Daesung and Jiyong were asked to go buy some stuff for the dinner, while Taeyang and Seungri have to help with the grilling part. When the works done, they planned to play few games before the dinner but Jiyong is stuck in the bathroom in his old bedroom with his twins’ daughters who had been crying for an hour just to have their bath with him. So Jiyong is out, leaving the three of them to play and now even Daesung is out of the game, back to the kitchen with the ladies, leaving only Taeyang and Seungri playing the game in the game room.

 

“Where’s Seunghoon? I didn’t see him since morning,” Taeyang asked while his hands are busily controlling the console playing with all his heart out, because it’s been months he didn’t touch the game because of his busy life.

 

“Da Ra noona told me that Appa took Seunghoon out to go somewhere this early morning, I don’t know. Trust me that old man’s money will go dry because of Seunghoon. He bought that boy a big airplane model last week you know. Jiyong went crazy about it for hours, you should see his face last week when he came to me in hospital,” Seungri said while laughing.

 

“Appa loves that boy too much,” Taeyang replied.

 

“HE SPOILED THAT BOY TOO MUCH!” a voice came in from behind. Definitely, Jiyong’s voice.

 

Seungri turns around and he sees his hyung with his tired face, bringing along his twins inside the game room and throw himself on the couch.

 

“One more toys for that boy, I’ll issue a warning letter to Appa,” Jiyong said, as he lets his daughters running around in the game room.

 

Seungri managed to pull one of the twins and makes her sit in his lap. Seungri looks at her face first and then he sees a small cute mole near her lips and Seungri knows right away that this girl is Chung Ae. Those two girls are too similar in everything and the only thing that differentiates them is the mole. Chung Ae has a mole near her lips while Chung Cha didn’t have any mole on her face.

 

“Chung Ae-ah, sit with samchoon first and then you can go anywhere later, alright chagi~~” Seungri told in his baby mimic voice as he kiss on the girl’s cheek and then continue playing.

 

Jiyong watch the game while resting his tired body on the couch. He is too tired by just playing with his daughters in the bathroom just now and both of his daughters are so naughty and playful till he couldn’t do anything just now. It takes more than one hour just to get both of them ready and now thank god he is done with the job for now. It’s tiring but satisfying at the same time. He smiles as he looks at Chung Cha who currently squatting in front of Taeyang and staring with interest towards Hye Jin who is sleeping soundly in Taeyang’s arms.

 

“Why Chung Cha? Hye Jin is pretty isn’t she?” Taeyang asked in his baby tone voice as he pinch a bit Chung Cha’s cheek. That girl just giggles at her samchoon’s action and ignores him right away after she gets up and walks around to look for another interesting stuff in the room to be “destroy”.

 

“Indeed Hye Jin is not that interesting to her,” Jiyong said jokingly from the couch.

 

“Shut up. Stay alert Ji, she will ends up messing with those games player there,” Taeyang warned as he looks where Chung Cha is heading right now.

 

“Let her be… She’s a good girl,” Jiyong bragged.

 

“Who throws the tv remote hardly towards the wall, yesterday?” Seungri reminds as he still concentrating with the game while Chung Ae still on his lap, like a good girl watching his samchoon playing.

 

Jiyong chuckles at that reminder as his eyes following Chung Cha’s movement near the game’s shelf.

 

“My strong baby girl Chung Cha… She was just testing the strength of the wall,” Jiyong answered with his silly smile.

 

“APPA!!!” a boy’s voice coming from downstairs just shocks the hell out of them in the game room and definitely waking up the sleeping girl in Taeyang’s arms.

 

“!” Taeyang cursed under his breaths as he pause the game and calms down his baby girl who is now crying. He hugs her tightly as he turns around with warning eyes towards Jiyong. “You go gives some scolding to your son before I kill him,” Taeyang said with his grim voice.

 

“I only have 3 children but I felt like I have ten,” Jiyong said as he gets up from the couch and get his out of the room to see the reason why his son is shouting from downstairs.

 

“I would tell Seohyun later that we will only going to have one child and that also even after 5 years of marriage, done,” Seungri said as he laughs with his own thoughts.

 

“Tell her that if you don’t want to marry her,” Taeyang said while still hugging his sleepy daughter. “Hye Jin-ah, you want to sleep more or what? Huh?” Taeyang asked as he sees his daughter rubbing her eyes and looks at him with a frown. “Why? Appa will put you to sleep okay?”

 

That small girl just moves and tries her best to stand up wobbly as she wants to walk away from her father. Hye Jin is 1 year old and just knows how to walk recently so she always refuses to sit and always wants to walk and walk and walk all the time. She just walks to the couch in silent and staring emptily to her surroundings. She just woke up and still in dazed maybe.

 

“Is it safe for us to continue our game now?” Seungri asked as he looks at Hye Jin who is walking behind him now.

 

“Yeah, I guess so…” Taeyang replied as he moves back facing their tv wide screen but his eyes immediately turns wide when he sees the screen is in pitch black.

 

“Kyaa! Chung Cha!!” Seungri noticed it first. Taeyang follows his maknae’s eyes and he gets up on his feet in speed as he sees Chung Cha is playing near the plug and she actually just pulls off the wires and everything just turn off.

 

“Oh my god sweetie!!!”Taeyang picks up the little girl and get her in his arms, while bites her chubby hand in frustration. “JIYONG!! YOUR STRONG LITTLE GIRL JUST MESSED UP WITH THE PLUG!!” Taeyang shouts as he walks out from the room leaving Seungri with Chung Ae and Hye Jin.

 

“We are definitely going to have only one child, Seohyun,” Seungri whispers to himself.

 

Meanwhile downstairs, Jiyong who is standing with his both hands at his waist, watching his son hugging his brand new electric motorbike which matched his size in frustration and Taeyang’s loud voice just pulls his attention towards the stairs. He sees Taeyang carrying Chung Cha in his arms while coming down from the stairs.

 

“She messed up the plugs, the screen just turn off! Our game Ji!!”Taeyang said while making his crying face.

 

Jiyong’s face expression changes in instant upon seeing his daughter and he smiles warmly towards her as he picks her up from Taeyang.

 

“There there my strong princess… You did a good job honey, they played too much aren’t them?” Jiyong said softly to her daughter who right now is eyeing the big electric motorbike with her biggest interest.

 

“You want to hop on, Chung Cha-ah…??”Seunghoon asked with his silly grin as he looks at Chung Cha’s interest face.

 

“Seunghoon…” Jiyong warned with his stern voice.

 

Taeyang stares at the big electric motorbike with wide eyes. He just noticed it now. He looks at Jiyong while bite his bottom lip to suppressed his laughs. They just talked about it. Jiyong must be ing mad inside.

 

“Where’s Appa?” Taeyang asked calmly as his eyes looking for the culprit which is their father, Seung Won.

 

“He bought this and run after that I guess,” Jiyong answered grimly as his eyes are still on his excited son.

 

Taeyang pats Jiyong’s shoulder to comforts. “This too shall pass, dongsaeng,” Taeyang said as he giggles while he saying it out.

 

“Yeobo, where’s Hye Jin?” Hyo Rin asked as she comes to the living space as well, joining the gentlemen there. “Seunghoon-ah, try to start the engine,” Hyo Rin said with a grin.

 

Jiyong and Taeyang look at HyoRin with wide eyes. Jiyong then looks at Taeyang in anger.

 

“How dare she?” Jiyong said.

 

Taeyang just laughs at his dongsaeng. “I’ll go bring Hye Jin down. She woke up already,” Taeyang said, getting himself out of the mess.

 

Hyo Rin just smiles and walks off to Seunghoon and again asks him to start the engine. Taeyang just chuckles as he listen how Jiyong scolding Hyo Rin for asking his son to ride the bike in the house and cause noises. The two always fight when they are together and Hyo Rin just love getting on Jiyong’s nerves at every time she has the chance to do so, and now their big house is fills with the loud noise from the bike.

 

“What noise is that?” Seungri asked as soon as Taeyang come to him to take his daughter with him.

 

“Seunghoon got new toys,” Taeyang answered with a smirk.

 

They both then come out from the game room and Seungri’s eyes turn wide as soon as he watches his one and only nephew riding the electric motorbike around the house from upstairs.

 

“APPA BOUGHT HIM THAT!!!???” Seungri said loudly as he walks downstairs while carrying Chung Ae in his arms. “Where is him?” he asked immediately.

 

“Disappeared,” Jiyong answered shortly as he now is sitting on the long couch and struggling with Chung Cha who is crying to get down from him, wanting to chase her elder brother.

 

“WOAH! He is in trouble,” Seungri said as he sits beside Jiyong on the couch and watch Seunghoon riding the bike happily like he owns the world now.

 

“We never get even a bicycle when we were kids, lucky Seunghoon,” Daesung said as he joins the crowd in the living room.

 

“Yeah, so lucky this boy,” Jiyong said.

 

“Being the only grandson in the family, sure lucky as hell,” Taeyang said.

 

“Make sure get a son, Dae hyung,” Seungri said as he chuckles with his own words but then someone smack his head from behind.

 

“I heard that, silly. Where is Seohyun?” Yoona asked as she brings a glass of water to Daesung who sits on another couch.

 

“She’s on her way,” Seungri replied.

 

“Why don’t you pick her up?” Yoona asked.

 

“She said she wants to come on her own because she needs to settle few things with her works. She will be here shortly,” Seungri said.

 

“Kyaaa! Seunghoon, stop it! Your little sister here is out of control. Park your bike somewhere else. Or take it outside if you must,” Jiyong said in frustration.

 

Seunghoon is frowning right now. He slowly rides his bike towards the exit hallway near the door. He turns off the engine and with frown on his face; he gets down from the bike and slowly push his bike to go outside.

 

“Kyaa… You are being too hard on him…” Taeyang said.

 

“Too hard?? Hyung, you should come to my house and go to his room, and then you will know the meaning of “too hard” that I’ve given him,” Jiyong protested.

 

“He’s the only “boy” in our family, so chill… This is normal,” Taeyang replied.

 

“Seungri, get yourself a son,” Jiyong nudged his maknae beside him.

 

Seungri makes a face. “I’m not even married yet! Ask Dae hyung,” Seungri said.

 

As soon as Daesung wants to open his mouth to protest, another rammed sound from the bike come to live again and a loud “yeay” scream appeared.

 

“YEAYYYY!!!!!!!!! Wuuuu!!!”Seunghoon rides his bike in speed back into the house, and enters the living space one more time with his mischievous look. He winked at his father.

 

Jiyong wants to open his mouth to give his son one big scolding but stop in the middle of it, as soon as one man appeared right after Seunghoon came in.

 

“Let him play in here for a while,” that man said calmly with a warm smile on his face as he walks towards them.

 

“Hyung~~!!!”Jiyong whined at his eldest hyung’s action.

 

Daesung gets up and gives up his seat on the couch for Seunghyun to sit. Seunghyun still in his suit gladly have a sit on it and watch Seunghoon happily rides the bike in front of them.

 

“Just for a while… I’ll ask him to stop later… It’s a new toy, Ji… He must be excited about it,” Seunghyun replied calmly.

 

“Oppa, do you want anything for a drink?” Yoona asked. She is always the first one who cares when it comes to their eldest hyung and Daesung loves that side of her very much.

 

“Just a glass of water, Yoona” Seunghyun replied. Yoona just smiles and straights away heading to the kitchen.

 

“Where did you go hyung? I didn’t see you since morning,” Seungri asked.

 

“I went to meet Uncle Jung for few things… Why?”

 

“Nothing…”

 

“Is everything ready?”

 

“Oh! I just left Da Ra unnie in the kitchen alone, okay bye everyone,” Hyo Rin said in panic as she moves right away.

 

“How dare you left my wife in the kitchen alone,” Jiyong said in his fake anger tone.

 

“Shut up,” Hyo Rin replied from far.

 

Jiyong makes a face to Taeyang and his hyung just chuckles at him.

 

“Where is appa? He’s coming right!?” Taeyang asked randomly.

 

Seunghyun just let out a small laughs at that question as he then looks at Jiyong with a small smile.

 

“He told you right?” Jiyong asked.

 

“Are you mad?” Seunghyun asked back.

 

“Hyung! He spoiled Seunghoon too much!! This boy will grow up like a brat if he continues buy him toys and stuffs,” Jiyong said.

 

“He won’t…” Seunghyun replied calmly as he turns to look at Seunghoon again. “He is just a boy, the only boy. He deserves this much… He’s just a kid, Ji… Let him have his childhood,”

 

Jiyong gives up. He knew his hyung loves Seunghoon so much and willing to spoil that kid too, so there is no use talking to his hyung right now. Jiyong just silently eyeing his son that looks so happy with his bike.

 

“Oppa…” Yoona comes with a glass of water and hand it to Seunghyun before she walks back to the kitchen.

 

“Thank you…” Seunghyun said as he takes the glass of water and drinks it before he continues.

 

“Let him have what we couldn’t have before…” Seunghyun said softly as he puts his glass down on the small table at the center of the living room and then move to takes Hye Jin from Taeyang’s arms to his. Seunghyun kiss Hye Jin’s forehead and smiles warmly at her.

 

“How are you princess?” Seunghyun asked and Hye Jin just giggles in responds as she moves to leaning her head towards Seunghyun’s chest. Seunghyun gladly leans his back on the couch and pats Hye Jin’s back softly.

 

“She’s always like that with you,” Taeyang said as he looks at his daughter’s behavior with her uncle. Can be said all their kids are most comfortable with Seunghyun all the time. Maybe because of how Seunghyun been spoiling them all the time by giving and buying them everything.

 

“I’m a baby whisperer,” Seunghyun bragged as he finally takes off his glasses and gives it to Taeyang to put it on the table. “I’m tired, everything is ready right? Nothing for hyung to do anything right?”Seunghyun asked as his closed his eyes.

 

“Everything is ready, just a few things left with the ladies,” Taeyang said. “Are you having your rest here? Let me take Hye Jin,”Taeyang moves to take his daughter.

 

“No~~! I miss her…” Seunghyun said as he avoids a bit, refusing Taeyang from taking Hye Jin from him. He kisses the top of Hye Jin’s head. “She’s comfortable here, let her be.”

 

Taeyang gives up and just let her daughter lies on her top on Seunghyun’s chest.

 

“I’ll go prepare the table now… Dae, let’s go,” Taeyang said to Daesung who is now having fun chasing Seunghoon with his motorbike. Daesung and Taeyang then go disappear to the kitchen at the back, leaving the three brothers and the kids there in the living room.

 

Jiyong makes a signal to his son and makes him look at Seunghyun who is taking his nap on the couch and as usual like a miracle, Seunghoon like a good boy, oblige in finally turning off his motorbike’s engine.

 

Seunghyun opens his right eye when he no longer hearing the motorbike’s sound.

 

“Why?” Seunghyun asked Seunghoon.

 

“I want to play this later Samchoon… I’ll park this outside first or else Chung Cha will do something to it,” Seunghoon said.

 

Seunghyun just nods his head and closes his eyes back. Seunghoon grins at his father and Jiyong just smiles at his son, while mouthing “good job” to him.

 

 

It won’t be a Choi’s family if there is no commotion during dinner like this. Everyone is talking while the kids are running around and there are crying sounds too while the adults busily passing foods, pouring champagne for each other. The long dinner table is full with foods and everything is perfect right now. Everyone is already here, including Seohyun and Seung Won. While Da Ra busily attending her twins, Jiyong right now is busily arguing with Seung Won about the new toy he bought for Seunghoon. Daesung is making a joke with Taeyang and everyone just laughs about it ignoring the argument between Jiyong and their father. Seohyun is taking a love shot with champagne together with Seungri, then it caused a loud responds from the family. Hyo Rin is holding her baby girl with Taeyang hugging her shoulder with love. They eat and talk together and the jokes never die between them. From one joke to another joke.

 

They only can have this kind of dinner once in two months, looking at how pack Seungri and Seohyun’s working schedule. Everyone is so busy with works and life and only during this kind of gathering, they able to catch up with each other’s lives. Jiyong and Da Ra live in their own house not too far from this house and they still live in the same residence. While Taeyang and Hyo Rin lives in their own house too but quite far from their residence area. Seungri is living in his apartment near the hospital that he is working right now which is Hangyang University Hospital, and he is the heart specialist there too, working together with Jong Suk who is the Head of the department. Only Daesung, Yoona and Seung Won are living together with Seunghyun in the house now.

 

“For god sake, don’t drink too much Seungri!” Seung Won warned Seungri who is doing another “bottoms up” with the champagne. “That champagne is strong,”

 

Seungri just laughs it out and grins to his girlfriend Seohyun who looks at him with annoyance.

 

“Better be careful with that kind of stares, Seungri… You are in danger zone,” Taeyang warns as they look at how Seohyun is looking at Seungri now. Without warning, Seungri gives a peck on her lips in front of the whole family. The other brothers’ eyes went wide and the ladies close their mouths with their hands. Seohyun’s eyes turn wide at that stunt and straights away pinch Seungri’s waist in anger.

 

“OUCH!!” Seungri screams.

 

“There you go!” Daesung chuckles at that scene.

 

“Control your liquor, maknae,” Jiyong said as he puts another meat in his mouth.

 

“Just kill him later, Seohyun,” Yoona said.

 

Seungri frowns at his girlfriend and asking to be pardon right away.

 

“One more time, I’ll grill you on fire instead of meat!” Seohyun warn with her unfortunately soft voice and her warning get the wildest responds from the family, agreeing for their maknae to be grill. Upon seeing the loud responds, Seungri turns to look at Seunghyun who is just looking at him from the end of the table with his small smile.

 

“Hyung~~!!!”Seungri whined to his eldest hyung.

 

“Awwwhhhh~~!!! When was the last time we heard that whining sounds from him, Ji?” Taeyang asked Jiyong who sits in front of him.

 

“Years, hyung! Years!!”Jiyong said as he toasts another drink.

 

They take another shot happily and laugh the hell out of their maknae. The dinner continues as they make another joke and everyone is so happy laughing till those kids finally throwing tantrum here and there, showing how sleepy they are right now. Jiyong and Da Ra are the first one taking their leaves to go home because the twins are already went crazy with crying; meanwhile Seunghoon is staying in the house for the night. After helping on the dishes and the kitchen, Taeyang and Hyo Rin are also taking their leaves for the night while Taeyang carrying Hye Jin who is already fell asleep in his arms. Daesung just asked his driver to take Seohyun home tonight because Seungri is too drunk to drive. That maknae is too hyper for the night and end up can’t control his own liquor. He is definitely going into trouble as he is working tomorrow morning. Now, leaving only Daesung and Yoona who is already go to their room to rest.

 

Seung Won comes out from the house and walks to Seunghyun who is sitting on the swing near the lake. He didn’t enter the house since he sent Taeyang and Hyo Rin to their car just now. Seung Won walks slowly towards Seunghyun and when he is behind him, Seung Won notices Seunghyun is scrolling photos in his phone.

 

“Seunghyun…” Seung Won called out his son. Seunghyun turns around at the mention of his name. He smiles at his father. “Why did you sit here alone? You should call me at least,” Seung Won said as he settles down on the swing beside his son.

 

Seunghyun just smiles at his father’s words. “I will go in shortly, appa..” he answered as his eyes are back on his phone screen. Seung Won takes a look at Seunghyun’s phone as he adjusts his own glasses.

 

“Hmm… Dae’s convocation…” Seung Won said as he looks at the photos of them smiling widely in the photos and Daesung was holding so many bouquets of flowers. Seungri is jumping in joy, Daesung is grinning like a fool, Taeyang making a pose while hugging Seung Won’s shoulder in the photo, Jiyong is hugging Daesung and Seunghyun is smiling widely with proud beside Daesung too. Everyone was too happy while taking those photos. So many different poses afterwards.

 

Then Seunghyun scrolls again till he found photos of Jiyong’s wedding.

 

“This wedding was epic...” Seunghyun said as he smile.

 

“Wedding of the year indeed…” Seung Won continues. They scroll those photos together. Seunghoon’s first photo, from he was a baby, Taeyang’s wedding photos, Jiyong’s twins delivery, Seungri’s convocation, Taeyang’s baby, and Daesung’s wedding. Seung Won and Seunghyun laughs together as they scroll through those photos together.

 

Seung Won lifts up his head a bit to look at Seunghyun’s face and he just let out a small smile and then he looks at the lake in front of them. Seung Won takes a deep breath and let it out slowly.

 

“Time sure flies too fast…” Seung Won said softly.

 

Seunghyun smiles as his eyes still on his phone screen.

 

“10 years, appa…” Seunghyun replied.

 

Seung Won turns to his son as he heard that reply.

 

“Many things happened… Many changes, isn’t it?” he asked.

 

Seunghyun nods his head as he finally lifts up his head and now looking at the lake in front of them.

 

“Happy things…” Seunghyun said shortly.

 

Seung Won moves his left hand to hold Seunghyun’s right hand. That touch makes Seunghyun turns to his father.

 

“You seem quiet tonight… Something bothered you?” Seung Won asked softly. He noticed how quiet Seunghyun is tonight and he noticed how Seunghyun just listens to his dongsaeng’s jokes but not saying much.

 

Seunghyun smiles in return. “Nothing appa…” Seunghyun answered.

 

Seung Won sighs at his son’s responds and they went silent for a moment.

 

“The family is becoming bigger isn’t it? With Daesung’s child is coming soon… When is it?” Seung Won asked as he tries to calculate in his mind.

 

“Another 6 months, appa…” Seunghyun replied with a smile.

 

“Hmm… Yes, another 6 months. And then maybe we need to plan another wedding for the maknae,” Seung Won said as he chuckles with his own thoughts. Seunghyun nods his head agreeing with his father’s statement.

 

They become silent again as Seung Won looks back at the lake quietly and his hand is still holding Seunghyun’s hand.

 

“It’s been 10 years…” Seunghyun’s sudden voice comes out. Seung Won turns to his left and looks at Seunghyun. “Everyone is fine… You are staying with us now…” he said while tightened the grip with his father’s hand in his and looking at his father lovingly. “Taeyang and Hyo Rin have Hye Jin now and maybe more to come… Jiyong is living happily with Da Ra together with Seunghoon and the twins… Dae and Yoona are going to have their baby in next 6 months… And Seungri is already a heart specialist… Soon going to marry his dream girl… Life is perfect now, right appa? And luckily I get to see all of it…” Seunghyun said with his small smile.

 

Seung Won just keeps his silence, listening to Seunghyun’s words.

 

“Eun Hye gave me a wonderful 10 years…”

 

Seung Won frowns at the sudden mention of name. It’s been years since the last time he heard that name coming from Seunghyun himself. Seunghyun never mentions the name loudly to anyone or even bring the name up in any conversation, not even once, but this time, after 10 years, Seunghyun mentions the name again for the first time. Something is wrong.

 

Seung Won looks at his son and his heart ache right when he sees tears are forming in Seunghyun’s eyes and finally falls. Seunghyun might not be his biological son and this family might not be his real family but the bond that was created 10 years ago was so meaningful and stronger than any other relationship that Seung Won has ever had in his life. Seunghyun is special to him and the fact that his daughter’s heart is in his body might be one of the reason why he feels this way. If something is bothering Seunghyun, it would bother him too. If something is hurting Seunghyun, it would hurt him too.

 

The last time Seung Won saw Seunghyun crying was 10 years ago, when he met him for the first time, soon after his operation. He saw Seunghyun in mess, broken and in tears. After that, he never saw him crying anymore. He lives his life happily, with smiles and laughs together with the family but today, for the first time after 10 years, he sees the tears again.

 

“Seunghyun… Please tell appa… What’s wrong? Why are you like this? What is bothering you actually? Please don’t hide anything from me… I’m your father…” Seung Won coax softly.

 

Seunghyun frowns at those last words. This is his father. The old man that is sitting beside him now is his father. The one is holding his hand tightly right now is his father. Seunghyun never stop being so grateful for having this old man with him as his father even he is not his real father, but this old man has done a lot for him. More than just a father. How can he hide anything from him? Seunghyun looks at his father’s face as he tightened his grip that holding Seung Won’s hand. He takes a deep breath before he speaks.

 

“I met Jong Suk today…” Seunghyun said and that few words managed to make the older freeze in his spot. Jong Suk is Seunghyun’s personal doctor. Everyone knows that. Looking at his father’s worried responds, Seunghyun can’t help but to just smiling sadly to his father.

 

“After 10 years, my body is now rejecting Eun Hye’s heart, appa…”

 

 

 

“JI!! Wake up! How long do you want to sleep?” Da Ra said as she throws another pillow towards her husband who is in deep sleep in bed. Meanwhile Da Ra already came out from shower and still seeing her husband in bed, didn’t move an inch since the last time she woke him up. She combs her hair and fixes her clothes as her eyes looking at the finally moving figure in bed through the mirror.

 

“You better get up now, before I started to scream Ji!” Da Ra threatened.

 

Jiyong smiles lazily as he rubs his eyes with his both hands and opens it a bit and finally seeing his beautiful wife, fixing her outfit in front of her vanity mirror.

 

“It’s Sunday, chagi…. Why are you up so early? The twins are with the helper, am I right? And Seunghoon slept in hyung’s house, so why you are up so early and even showered??? Come back here in bed. I need my “breakfast”…” Jiyong seduced with a wink towards the mirror. He knows his wife is staring at him through that mirror.

 

Da Ra turns around and smiles at her husband’s wittiness as she then walks towards the bed and stop at the side of her husband. She sits beside him and pinches his nose.

 

“As much as I want that “breakfast” too, I just want to remind you that we already promised with Yoona to come and help her today… We’ve got to have our breakfast in Seunghyun’s oppa’s house,” Da Ra reminded him.

 

Jiyong looks confused at first but then his mind wandered to the last night’s memory where these ladies were scheming upon something and Da Ra has made him promised to join today’s breakfast with the family and helps Yoona with her mission. Jiyong sighs at that reminder of the mission. He moves up lazily from his lying position and fixes his pillow so he could leans on the head of his bed as his eyes fixes softly on his wife.

 

“Just give up, baby…” he said softly not to hurt his wife’s feeling.

 

Da Ra’s face changed in instant.

 

“Ji…”

 

“He won’t budge…Trust me…”

 

“Countless of efforts, I know but I want him to be happy… I want him to build his own family, like us…” Da Ra explained with earnest.

 

“He is happy, sweetheart and we are his family… What makes you think that your effort this time would make things different? We went through this… We did many of these kinds of things in the past, but he just won’t budge… He might say yes to those dates but at the end, it just to make you guys happy… He won’t say yes to anyone… He won’t… Let him be, this time…” Jiyong advised.

 

Da Ra can’t help but to feel sad about what Jiyong just tell her. Her eyes falls on her fingers that absently playing with the end of Jiyong’s pajamas.

 

“We couldn’t do anything for him?” she asked softly as her eyes are still down at her fingers.

 

Jiyong takes a deep breath before he speaks. He takes his wife’s hand in his. He smiles.

 

“Be happy… Just be happy, and he will be the happiest man on earth for that…” Jiyong said with assurance.

 

Tears fall from her eyes as she looks up at her husband. Jiyong frowns with the sight of the tears.

 

“If only Jonghyun oppa….” And Da Ra unable to finish her words when Jiyong stops her by pulling her to his embrace, hugging her for comfort.

 

“Sshhh… Stop talking about that matter. I told you to forget those things right?” Jiyong coax softly.

 

“How can I forget Ji? When my family pulls everything apart and breaks Seunghyun oppa’s life. Appa lose his daughter and Seunghyun oppa lose his lover. How can I forget Ji??? Seunghyun oppa accepted me with open arms to the family when my family was the one who destroys everything and now he is all alone, without Eun Hye by his side…” Da Ra said while crying over Jiyong’s shoulder.

 

Jiyong caressed his wife’s hair tenderly and kiss her cheek.

 

“Hyung chose to live this way, Da Ra… He has his own reasons for doing this and as his family, just respects his decision this time. A love like that is not easy to forget and it is not easy to let go… He has her heart within him, and what makes you think by finding him a replacement would change things?” Jiyong said as he breaks the hug and makes his wife looks at him in the eyes. “What happened 10 years ago are not going to be mention again forever, not by you, or by me or even anyone in the house. Do you hear me?”

 

Da Ra looks at her husband in silence till Jiyong kiss her forehead, silently begging for his wife to understand the situation and to understand Seunghyun’s state of mind.

 

Jiyong wipes the tears stained on his wife’s face lovingly.

 

“Promise me… Stop match-making him with anyone…” Jiyong whispered slowly with his begging eyes.

 

Da Ra nods her head, in understanding with her husband’s words. Jiyong finally smiles, caressing Da Ra’s cheek softly, at that respond and suddenly moves to get off of the bed.

 

“Waits for me downstairs, and I will be ready in few minutes. We are still going to hyung’s house.” Jiyong said on his way to the bathroom, leaving his wife staring emptily to the now empty bed alone.

 

 

Meanwhile at Seunghyun’s house.

 

“Finish the soup first Seungri…”

Seungri who is running towards the door, is forcefully turn around and reluctantly coming back to the dining table when his eldest hyung is giving him his stern tone.Daesung and Seung Won just laugh a bit as seeing the maknae who couldn’t do anything when it comes to Seunghyun.

 

“Hyung… I will go straight to my apartment after work, okay?” Seungri said as he put down his sling bag on the chair beside him and sit to eat his soup.

 

Seunghyun just looks at his maknae eating his soup while he himself is having his breakfast cooked by Yoona.

 

“Alright…” Seunghyun replied shortly.

 

They continue having their breakfast together while talking about few things while Seungri is struggling to finish his soup.

 

“Hyung, done!”Seungri declared as soon as he finishes his hangover soup. He’s just like a boy who stuck in 27 years old body.

 

Seunghyun just nods his head lazily and Seungri happily takes his bag with him and get up from his seat.

 

“I’ll go first… If there’s anything, just text or call me okay,” Seungri said and he finally walks away heading to the door, but when he is done wearing his shoes, he turns around and get inside a bit. “Hyung!” he called out.

 

Seunghyun who is chatting with the other, turns to Seungri at the exit hallway.

 

“Don’t forget your meds…” Seungri reminds.

 

Seunghyun let out a small smile at that reminder. Seungri is always like that, reminding him about his meds. Seunghyun nods his head reassuringly. Seungri gives him thumbs up and finally leaving the house.

 

“Oppa…” Yoona said as she sits down in front of Seunghyun. She smiles sweetly to her brother in law and Seunghyun knew already about the real meaning behind that sweet smile. Seunghyun turns to Daesung who still eats his breakfast quietly beside his wife, like a good boy.

 

“Yes…” Seunghyun replied.

 

“Do you have any plan for today?” Yoona asked.

 

“I’m busy… I’m going out with appa today,” Seunghyun replied, continues eating his food.

 

Seung Won wrinkles at that sudden statement as he looks at Seunghyun beside him.

 

“We have plans?” Seung Won asked innocently.

 

Seunghyun closed his eyes at his father’s honest question. This old man sometimes.

 

“Oppa! You lied!” Yoona said in mad.

 

Seunghyun laughs a little at the respond from his sister in law and shakes his head a little. He knew her very well and it’s been years for her to be with the family. Seunghyun is able to catch her games now.

 

“Daesung, which girl this time?”Seunghyun asked his dongsaeng right away.

 

Daesung laughs a bit at that question. His hyung is sharp as usual. Right when he wants to open his mouth, his wife beats him.

 

“Lee Da Hae! My friend’s older sister. She’s 34, single, a hotel manager and coming from a great family background. She is sweet, loving and very friendly. Definitely a match, oppa!”Yoona said excitedly.

 

Seunghyun listens to his sister in law intently with a small smile on his face.

 

“You won’t give up, aren’t you? I’m 40, Yoon…” Seunghyun said as he chuckles. This is not the first time and won’t be the last time. Her enthusiastic spirits and motivation to matchmaking Seunghyun with many women should get some compliments from people around her. Seunghyun however never rejects her candidates and he would sometime went for lunches or dinners sets earlier by her but the dates would ended up flop and failed. Seunghyun just went to those dates just to satisfy Yoona and to make her happy. Seunghyun never intent to bring those dates to further stage. His siblings know this very well.

 

Yoona shakes her head and smile.

 

“I made a bet with them. I must win,oppa!” Yoona said.

 

“Who’s them?” Seunghyun asked.

 

“Everyone… Including appa…” Yoona said as she laughing while looking at Seung Won who is trying his best not to get involve with that conversation.

 

Seunghyun smirks as he looks at his father beside him.

 

“Even you?” Seunghyun asked.

 

Seung Won takes a sip of his tea and put down the cup slowly.

 

“Everyone wants to see your bride, Seunghyun…” Seung Won said calmly.

 

Seunghyun smiles as he gets up from his chair, carrying his plate and glass with him. Yoona frowns at that action immediately. She never allows him to carry those things to the sink himself. Seunghyun definitely wants to make something clear now.

 

“You guys already met her…” he said lazily as he heading to the sink.

 

Daesung looks up to their father and the old man did the same; they look at each other in silence while Yoona bites her bottom lip with regrets. They know damn well, who is “her” that Seunghyun just mention just now.

 

“Then… Shall I cancel the meet up, oppa?” Yoona asked softly.

 

“You should never set it up at the first place, Yoon…” Seunghyun replied as he washes his own plates.

 

Yoona stares at her husband with guilt written all over her face.

 

“Are you mad at me oppa?” Yoona asked nevertheless. She cares about her brother in law the most and he being mad at her is the last thing she wants ever.

 

Seunghyun smiles as he put the plates on the drier and then turns around heading to the dining table.

 

“How can I be mad at my little sister? You mean no harm to me at all…” Seunghyun said as he sits back on his chair before this. “I know you meant well, Yoon… But they are just not the one; and this Lee Da Hae won’t make any different. So, why wasting your time trying to find a woman for me? I live just fine now… I have all of you with me, my nephew and nieces. I don’t need more… Right appa?” Seunghyun said, still with a smile on his face as he turns to the old man beside him.

 

Seung Won just keeps his mouth shut for a moment and his face doesn’t show any kind of agreement with Seunghyun just said earlier. He looks so serious and unreadable. Seung Won takes a deep breath before he speaks and his words were cuts in immediately with the sounds coming from the family that just arrived. Screams from the twins ring in their ears and startled everyone. Daesung is the first one to get up from the chair and moves to welcome Jiyong and his family, while Yoona immediately goes to the kitchen to take extra plates and glasses for the others who just come.

 

“Yaww!! Morning… The smell is amazing Yoon, is there anything left for us, the breakfast crasher!” Jiyong said as he joins the table followed by Da Ra. They let the twin running around the house.

 

“Where is Seunghoon?” Da Ra asked.

 

“Still sleeping… He slept late last night so oppa didn’t wake him first. Just let him sleep some more…” Seunghyun said.

 

“You spoiled him too much, oppa…” Da Ra said in protest.

 

Seunghyun just laughs a little at that remark and just help them with the breakfast, which then he notice a pair of eyes looking at him in silent. Seunghyun turns to his father who is looking at him for quite some time and Seung Won finally looks away from his son and continues with his breakfast.

 

“So, what’s the plan for today?” Jiyong asked in excitement as usual.

 

Seunghyun wants to open his mouth but their father beats him.

 

“Fishing… We are going for fishing… Right Seunghyun?” Seung Won turns to his eldest son who is now looking at him in puzzle.

 

Daesung and Yoona look at Seung Won and Seunghyun with quizzical look too. What’s with them now? Surprised each other with unplanned plans.

 

Seunghyun looks at his father but his mind knows this move very well. Fishing is the only time for men to men talk and this doesn’t sound so good to him now.

 

Jiyong coughs a bit towards the quite tense situation between their father and Seunghyun.

 

“What is it? Mind reading??? Let me join too at least!” Jiyong exclaimed.

 

Seunghyun looks at his dongsaeng who now looks at them weirdly. He fakes a reassuring smile.

 

“No fishing… Boring… Let’s do something else.” Seunghyun rejected the idea immediately and openly. Jiyong just raised up his eyebrows at that responds and turns to their father who looks rather mad with Seunghyun’s replies. What’s with them now?

 

“No fishing? Sure?” Seung Won’s asked in his obvious tone. Seunghyun sighs deeply and just ignores his father’s words. The adults at the dining table turn quiet at the current situation. “Okay… Fine... No fishing… So, you might as well tell them now, Seunghyun…” Seung Won couldn’t tolerate the situation any further and his words deserve a full attention towards Seunghyun.

 

Seunghyun turns to look at his father with utter shock.

 

“Tell them or I will…” Seung Won said in his stern voice and giving no choice to Seunghyun to decide.

 

“What is it?” Jiyong’s deadly tone came in. He stares at his hyung next to him. “What is it hyung?” he asked again.

 

Daesung doesn’t know why he really doesn’t feel good about this whole thing anymore and he finally put down his spoon and fork on his plate.

 

Seunghyun sighs at his father’s brave openness and he finally looks at the whole family surrounding the dining table with an unreadable expression. Seunghyun takes a deep breath before he finally speaks.

 

“Finish the breakfast first and then call Taeyang to come here. We will talk in my office room once everyone is here,” Seunghyun said sternly, giving up.

 

“Seungri?” Daesung asked immediately.

 

Seunghyun frowns at the mention of the maknae’s name. Another heart to break.

 

“He would know about this, by the time he gets to the hospital later…” Seunghyun replied as he gets up from the dining table, as he remembered how Jong Suk has been insisted to break the matter himself to Seungri.

 

Seunghyun leaves them and heading upstairs in silent while the other just looks at Seung Won with wariness all over their faces.

 

 

“You want to see me?” Seungri asked as he entered the room.

 

Jong Suk smiles slightly to the figure in front of him.

 

“Have a sit Seungri…” Jong Suk said shortly as his eyes directed towards the chair in front of him. Seungri pulls out the chair and sit on it.

 

“Oh, while you are here, I want to congratulate you for the success of your complicated surgery for Mr. Hou last week, I didn’t get the chance to meet you earlier to talk about this. I met Jung Ae two days ago, and she told me about the surgery, so well done Seungri, You’ve done a very good job so far…” Jong Suk said as he fixes those files on his table. He gives out his “hyung” smile to the young man in front of him. Who knows that one young fella who was just a school boy before and now already turns into a very eligible bachelor with a specialist title with his name at the very young age. Indeed a genius, Jong Suk admits that.

 

“Thank you, hyung… I learnt a lot, from you…” Seungri replied and he used the word “hyung” because only the two of them are in the room right now and Jong Suk is more comfortable that way.

 

“So, any surgery scheduled for you this week?” Jong Suk asked.

 

“Yeah, there are two surgeries under my name this week and it is not a complicated surgery. I’ll do my best…” Seungri replied.

 

Jong Suk smiles and nods in understanding.

 

“You always give your best, Seungri. I don’t need to be worry for that…” Jong Suk said.

 

Seungri smiles at that compliment and just keep his silent for a moment. Jong Suk takes a deep breath as he looks at Seungri with a meaningful look. He has been a doctor for years now, but when it comes to this one family, he doesn’t know how to start.

 

“Well, Seungri… A heart transplant is the last resort to saves a critical heart failure patient, right?” Jong Suk asked.

 

Seungri looks taken aback at that sudden random question from his senior. What is this? Pop quiz? Damn it!

 

“Yes, after meds and surgeries being carried out, a heart transplant is the last resort. Well, even after the heart transplant, the patient needs to meet with the doctor regularly to monitor the progress between the new heart and the body because the new heart is considered as a new strange object towards the immune system in the body. The patient is still in need of medications for the rest of his life to prevent the rejection of the new heart by the immune system. But the dosage is reduced year by year, depends on how the new heart is progressing,” Seungri explained first without being ask beforehand.

 

Jong Suk nods his head, satisfied with the answer.

 

“But even the patient is on his medications, is he still possible to face this heart transplant rejection?” Jong Suk asked more.

 

Seungri looks like he is thinking for a moment.

 

“Well, there are few types of rejection hyung… It depends on the type too… If it immunes’ rejection or acute cellular rejection or even humoral rejection, we can still help it by increasing the dosage or change the medications, and then monitor the progress… But still, there are possibilities, even the patient takes the medication as prescribed, they still ended up having the rejection. ” Seungri answered.

 

“How about the chronic rejection? Coronary artery?” Jong Suk asked further.

 

Seungri frowns at that question.

 

“That’s the worst one I guess, hyung… It affects the coronary arteries. These supply the heart muscle with oxygen and nutrients. In coronary artery vasculopathy, the inner lining of the blood vessel thickens. This can lead to less blood going to the heart muscle, and then it would cause the failure of the heart,” Seungri explained with worried expression. “Do we have a similar case coming up, hyung?”

 

Jong Suk fixes his neck tie and he moves forward a bit.

 

“Yes Seungri. We are having this case now…” Jong Suk answered.

 

Seungri nods his head in understanding.

 

“Am I taking the case?” Seungri asked again.

 

Jong Suk shakes his head. “It’s mine to handle. He is my patient…”

 

Seungri wrinkles at that answer. His mind however wandered to someone and he doesn’t feel good all of sudden. He clenched his fist. Why his own heart is beating so fast right now? He blinks his eyes few times and gulping his saliva. He doesn’t know why he is feeling so nervous at the moment and he just wants to get out of the room as soon as possible. He doesn’t know why he is feeling this way.

 

“Well, if there is nothing more, I would like to go first hyung… I’ve an appointment with a patient after this,” he lied as he gets ready to leave.

 

“Wait Seungri…” Jong Suk stops him. Jong Suk can see that Seungri is able to catch now. He can guess it. Seungri reluctantly get back in his previous position and looks at Jong Suk with his discomfort look. “We are not finish yet…” Jong Suk continues.

 

Seungri frowns at those words.

 

“My patient… He is…” Jong Suk is in difficulty to continue.

 

Seungri clenched his jaws before he speaks.

 

“My hyung…” Seungri whispered softly and his heart breaks at his own words.

 

Their nightmare did come back now.