18TH CHAPTER

TOGETHER

“ you Ji!! What is taking you so long to open the door!!” the man suddenly scolds him.

 

“Taeyang!”

 

"Kyaa! Where's the word "hyung"??" Taeyang said as he pushes the door harder and then Daesung comes in front of him with wide eyes looking at him like he is a ghost. "Oh Daesung-ah! Hyung miss you!" Taeyang said as he spring up to Daesung but stumble in the process, and thanks to Jiyong's fast reflex, he is able to catch Taeyang right on time. The smell of alcohol is too strong and Jiyong is damn sure that Taeyang is indeed drunk. Taeyang chuckles as soon as he in Jiyong's arm and he is trying his best to straightened up his posture back and pats Jiyong's back.

 

"Good job, dongsaeng," he said.

 

"Hyung, you drunk?" Daesung asked as he helps the older guy to stand up straight. Daesung and Jiyong do their best to support the drunken man to walk inside, as Jiyong puts Taeyang's left hand on his shoulder and Daesung puts the other hand on his shoulder. They walk together till they finally reached the couch in the living room while listening to Taeyang mumbling something about taking too much time to open the door.

 

"You want me… to come home… but you took soooooo much time even to open the door, Jiyong-ah!! I thought…. You would open it as soon as I come," Taeyang mumbled as he leans his back on the couch as soon as his body lands on it and the jackets, pants and his shoes are freaking soaking with the rain right now and caused his other two dongsaeng's clothes to soak as well. "I pressed the bell too many times you know…. You made me wait….." he continues again while closing his eyes this time.

 

"Hyung, you were banging the door just now not pressing the bell," Daesung complains as he sits on the couch too beside Taeyang and Jiyong is standing with his both hands at his waist, staring at Taeyang in anger. Why he made his appearance here like this? Damn you Taeyang, get a grip!

 

"Hyung what should we do with him?" Daesung asked Jiyong who looks so damn mad right now.

 

"I really want to punch him right now. For god sake, Taeyang! I don't ask you to come here like this, you know!" Jiyong scolds the older guy, not caring about the age anymore.

 

Taeyang just chuckles at Jiyong's scolding and grinning like a kid, not caring to open his eyes even a bit.

 

"I thought….  I'm coming back is enough.. I don't need to prepare much… Then why are you scolding me now???? I'm back! I'm back!!!" Taeyang raised his voice and this shocks the hell out of Jiyong and Daesung. Jiyong immediately covers Taeyang's mouth with his hand to stop him from shouting even more.

 

"What the hell is wrong with you," Jiyong hissed under his breath.

 

Daesung is damn worried right now as he stares at Taeyang and regardless of Taeyang's action, Daesung is still worried that Taeyang might fall sick if he remains in those wet clothes, so he moves to takes off Taeyang's cap from his head but Taeyang ends up pushing him away, refusing the younger to takes off his cap.

 

"No.. Let me sleep," Taeyang said.

 

"Hyung, let's get you change first hyung then you can sleep," Daesung said as he moves again but this time Taeyang moves away from Daesung and this just makes Jiyong mad even more.

 

"What the hell is wrong with you?? Could you just…" Jiyong stops at his words when Daesung interrupts.

 

“Hyung, Taeyang hyung is drunk, what do you expect,” Daesung tries to calm Jiyong down and the sane man just sigh in return as he takes a proper look at his drunken hyung now who is leaning on the couch and look a bit relax but still his face is red due to the alcohol. Just how much you drink just now Taeyang-ah? We did want you to come home but not in this state. What makes you drink this much anyway?

 

“Taeyang-ah, let’s go to your room and change,” Jiyong tells the man but he only got a violent shakes in return. Taeyang refused to move at all.

 

“Hyung, don’t be like this. Please, let’s get to your room now and we will help you change,” Daesung said as he starts to get up from the couch while pulling the elder’s right hand, with attempt to pull him up. Jiyong eventually do the same as he gets up and pull the other hand with his full efforts. Only God knows how heavy Taeyang is and he doesn’t helping much in moving. Despite of Taeyang’s resistance, his two dongsaeng’s still manage to make their hyung stand up put his both hands on their shoulder to help him walking to the stairs.

 

“I want to go homeeeeeeee……” Taeyang mumbled as they walk slowly to the stairs.

 

“You are home now, we got you,” Jiyong replied and he swears he heard Taeyang chuckles in respond to his words. Daesung just shakes his head, silently cursing his Taeyang hyung in his mind. They climb the stairs one by one till they reach the second floor and they stop for awhile to catch their breaths but continue to walk back heading to Taeyang’s bedroom.

 

“,” Jiyong muttered under his breath when something crossed his mind when he just realized Taeyang’s room is located next to Seunghyun’s room and his eldest hyung’s bedroom is freaking open right now. He realized that fact when Taeyang suddenly stop in his steps and stares at the open room at the end of the hallway. That is obviously Seunghyun’s room. Daesung silently praying for Seunghyun not to wake up from his sleep and sees Taeyang in this kind of state. This current sight is not supposed to be seen by their eldest hyung as this is the last thing that Seunghyun needed to see right now. Jiyong moves as to urge Taeyang to move as well.

 

“Hyung, come on,” Daesung said as then, finally Taeyang starts to move back but his eyes do not leave the room even for a second till they finally reach his room and Jiyong immediately open the door, as to avoid Taeyang to make a scene near Seunghyun’s room. He doesn’t want Seunghyun to wake up now. Taeyang need to be sober in front of Seunghyun, not like this. Taeyang again stops midway as he lays his eyes into his bedroom. Yes, his bedroom. Taeyang slowly pulling away his both hands and moves forward unstable but his eyes are roaming around the room. Swallowing everything in the room one by one. His stuffs, his bed, his wardrobe, his desk, his books, his pictures, his music notes, his disc and he silently impressed on how neat and clean the room is even he has been gone for 5 years. Like magic, he looks at everything in which 5 years ago, he already tossed and breaks it down. The curtain still intact, the pictures, the chair and everything still looks the same. Exactly the same, like he never destroys them at all before this.

 

“Your room hyung. He personally asks the maid to clean up your room every time throughout these years. The furniture still the same, the bed stays the same, your favorite toys, your favorite picture, the arrangement are all the same, stays the same. No one ever touch your stuffs. Hyung, he wants you to come home. Seunghyun hyung wants you to come home even for a day; he wants you to come home.”

 

Daesung’s words before this suddenly kick his mind. However he scoffs at the view before him like it’s nothing to him. He turns to his two dongsaengs who stand still at the door, observing his every movement, like they are on standby in case he will do something bad. Taeyang is not in his right mind now. He laughs at his dongsaengs and the tone of his laugh is quite loud and Jiyong runs to him and ends up covers his hyung’s mouth as to avoid it from waking the one who is sleeping right now.

 

Taeyang wrinkles at Jiyong’s action and he removes his dongsaeng’s hand from his mouth harshly.

 

“What the hell!” Taeyang scolds him. His voice makes Daesung hit his own head, again cursing under his breath as he then moves to Taeyang slowly pull the elder towards the bed but the elder stumble a bit in the process and again Jiyong saves the day by catch Taeyang on time. He helps Daesung to move Taeyang and makes their hyung to sit at the end of the bed. The bed sheets quickly absorb the water dripping from Taeyang soaking clothes and Jiyong shakes his head as he making a note in his head to change the sheet after this so Taeyang can sleep. Jiyong moves his hand to Taeyang’s head to remove the cap but Taeyang moves away from him to avoid.

 

“Kyaa!! Don’t touch me!” Taeyang said grumpily and loud. Jiyong and Daesung is frustrated looking at their hyung as they never thought that Taeyang would be this grumpy and difficult while he is drunk.

 

“Hyung, I told you that you need to change. You will get sick like this,” Daesung whispers to reduce the sounds that they are making right now. He truly feels like he is talking to a kid and he just want this whole process to finish as soon as possible.

 

“Shut up!” Taeyang scolds Daesung and he laughs soon after that at his two dongsaengs who are standing in front of him like two damn guards but however, his laughs doesn’t last long when his eyes suddenly stop at something behind Daesung and the two dongsaengs can’t help but to follow their hyung’s eyes to the direction that he stares right now.

 

Their eyes widened at the man who is currently standing still near the door and their mouths are like being sealed by an invisible power at the moment. The man doesn’t let out a word and his eyes are solely focusing on the drunken man on the bed. They are not sure how long has Seunghyun been standing there watching them tendering Taeyang and at the same time Jiyong can’t help but to notice a flash of hurt in the man’s eyes as he watch the sight before him. Seunghyun has been standing there since his two dongsaeng tries to help Taeyang to change and only God knows how shock and relief he feels as soon as he gets to see the cause of loud sounds that he heard while he slept just now. It didn’t cross his mind before this how his one and only wish has come true in just one fateful night. He can’t believe his eyes at first but there he is on his own bed. My dongsaeng is back. He is back. He is finally back. Seunghyun is really wants to smile at Taeyang but he can’t help the hurt that he feels inside as soon as he saw how Taeyang refused every touch, every move and every effort shown by Jiyong and Daesung. Just how drunken Taeyang is right now? Why he drank so much? It breaks his broken heart even more when he sees how Taeyang’s eyes are staring back at him and Seunghyun can’t even deny on how his dongsaeng’s face expression look very hurt, full with sorrow and disappointment. Taeyang is still mad at him. Seunghyun is indeed very sure of that fact. You are still very mad at hyung, Taeyang-ah…

 

Taeyang on the other hand is just can’t takes his eyes off from the quiet man standing near the door. Despite of still being drunk, his eyes look at every inch of his eldest hyung that he has been avoiding for 5 years and how during those 5 years, Taeyang has been restraining himself from knowing anything about this man and how he threw away any newspapers or magazines or articles that have anything to do with Seunghyun. He refused to look at his pictures, refused to even having a look at him for a second. So, tonight is his very first time seeing his hyung in these 5 years. He is mad, truly mad at Seunghyun but right now instead of being angry, his heart ache at the view before him where he can see how big the difference is between his hyung 5 years ago and his hyung who is standing before him now. Just how thin his hyung has become right now. Didn’t he have been neglecting himself too much for these past 5 years? Ji! Don’t you understand why I asked you to stay before I left?? To ing taking care of this old man for god sake! He is too pale and thin. Just what the hell happened to you, hyung?

 

Jiyong finally moves his eyes to Taeyang who before this kept on making scenes but this time, he is just keeping his mouth shut as his eyes are staring back at the eldest like Seunghyun’s presence alone able to shut him up. No words, no sounds and the two dongsaengs are not daring enough to say anything till finally their Seunghyun hyung make a shaky step at first but then he walks slowly to them with his eyes still doesn’t leave Taeyang even for a moment. The flash of hurt that they see in Seunghyun’s eyes is the longing feeling of him to meet the man on the bed after for so many years. Jiyong and Daesung moves a bit like giving space to their eldest hyung to meet the one who he has been wishing to meet so much. Taeyang pursed his lips as he can feels the tears that starts to form in his eyes as he slowly taking his view away from the older man who is now is in front of him and only stares emptily at the cold floors. The distance that they have created for 5 years are now already becomes only few inches away.

 

“Towels,” Seunghyun finally able to find his voice in the middle of the silent and upon hearing that, Jiyong is startled at first but he immediately moves to the wardrobe in that room, and takes out a few towels that being fold neatly from inside the drawer. He moves in speed to Seunghyun then he gives one towel to him. Seunghyun moves taking off the cap on Taeyang’s head in only one try and Taeyang didn’t resist even a bit like what he did to Jiyong and Daesung. Seunghyun gives the cap to Daesung on his right side and he takes the towel from Jiyong who is standing quietly on his left side. Seunghyun immediately put the towel on Taeyang’s head and use it to dry his dongsaeng’s wet hair and again Taeyang didn’t resist the touch at all. Seunghyun gladly drying Taeyang’s hair till there is no more dripping water from his hair. Seunghyun then gives back the now wet towel to Jiyong and he straight away moves to takes off the soaking jacket from Taeyang, as he slowly takes off the jacket from the right side first and then finally takes it off completely from Taeyang’s left hand. Seunghyun gives the jacket to Daesung and he takes another dry towel from Jiyong then immediately wiping Taeyang’s body that is still wet because of the rain. As he wipes him, Seunghyun notices that Taeyang is shivering out of coldness and he is instinctively looks at his dongsaeng’s now pale face. He moves his right hand to Taeyang’s forehead. . He is already having a fever.

 

“Ji, takes out his long sleeves shirt and long pants with his underwear too. Dae, takes the cooling pad, warm water and meds downstairs now,” Seunghyun sterns voice just alarmed everyone as then the two dongsaengs flock away with their own task at hand.

 

Seunghyun moves faster in drying the shivering Taeyang as he then throw away the damp towel aside and he pulls the wet shirt that Taeyang wears and his dongsaeng just follows his movement without questioning. Seunghyun then covers Taeyang’s bare body with a new dry towel and he kneels at Taeyang’s feet to takes off Taeyang’s leather boots. Taeyang just stares at his eldest hyung as he pulls off his shoes one by one and he let Seunghyun touches his now wrinkles feet because being soaked with water for a long time. Seunghyun again takes another dry towel from the bed and wipes Taeyang’s feet, clearly not noticing the stares that Taeyang gives to him right now. Seunghyun is just busily taking care of his dongsaeng right now.

 

“He wants you to come home. Seunghyun hyung wants you to come home,”

“He never forgets about you.”

“Seunghyun hyung wants you to come home even for a day; he wants you to come home.”

 

His tears finally drop from his eyes as he looks at everything that Seunghyun did for him now and he hates what he feels now. Regrets. As soon as his hyung finishes drying his legs, his hyung suddenly looking up at him and it is too late to look away now, hiding the tears that dropping from his eyes. Seunghyun’s left hand moves upward, softly wiping his tears away and at the very same time, Taeyang can see the hurt in his hyung’s eyes.

 

"As much as Seunghyun hyung hurt you last time, I just want to remind you that you hurt him too. As much as Seunghyun hyung broke your heart last time, I just want to remind you that you broke his heart too. So, what is it this time?”

 

Yes… What is it this time? Taeyang is currently desperately asking himself inside as Jiyong’s words before suddenly crossing his mind. Seunghyun finally looks away when he can feel the tears in his eyes. Seunghyun gets up from his current position as he then pulls Taeyang up from the bed and then he takes the clean clothes from Jiyong who is there watching them in silent. Seunghyun notices Jiyong’s tears but he ignores it as he then pulls Taeyang to his feet and in hands, they heading to the bathroom inside the room and the younger just follows his hyung’s movement exactly like a small kid and once they reach the bathroom door, Seunghyun stop and look at him.

 

“Change,” Seunghyun said shortly as Taeyang then do exactly what his hyung asked him to do. He takes the clothes and get inside the room quietly. After the door is closed, Seunghyun turns around looking at Jiyong who is staring at him and Daesung who just put the tray containing warm water, cooling pads and meds for fever and flu on the side table of Taeyang’s bed.

 

“Change the sheet,” Seunghyun said and again his two dongsaengs move like they’ve been told and they change the bed sheet to the dry one, together while Taeyang is still in the bathroom.

 

“Go to sleep you two,” Seunghyun said again.

 

“Hyung, you go to sleep. You are tired and have not enough sleep yesterday. Don’t worry, I’ll take care of Taeyang hyung,” Jiyong said in disagreement.

 

“Me too. I’ll help Jiyong hyung,” Daesung continues.

 

Seunghyun just shakes his head in return and with his stern voice, he speaks.

 

“Listen. Just go to sleep. I won’t be long here, just till he fall asleep and you Dae, you make breakfast tomorrow morning. Ji, you go sleep in my room with Seungri. Hyung will use your room later. Please, don’t make me repeat myself,”

 

Those words and the tone of their hyung’s voice succeeded to intimidate the two young men and they agreed in defeat as they know this time, their eldest hyung won’t take no as an answer. They finally leave the room with heavy heart and left Seunghyun there alone, waiting for Taeyang to come out.

 

Few minutes passed, Seunghyun is still waiting for Taeyang to come out but still the younger didn’t show up from the bathroom. Seunghyun gets up from the bed and moves to the bathroom and knocked the door repeatedly.

 

“Taeyang-ah.. Come out now. Taeyang-ah,” Seunghyun calls for few times until finally his dongsaeng opens the door and thank god he already changed to dry clothes but he is shivering like crazy. Seunghyun gasp in worried as he sees Taeyang’s state so he immediately pulls him out from the bathroom and they walk in hand to the bed. Seunghyun makes him sit on the bed and he gives the meds, asking him to take it with the warm water. Taeyang do as being told and his hyung stick the cooling pad on his forehead at the same time.

 

“Lie down,” Seunghyun said shortly and makes his dongsaeng lying on the bed and later covers him with the comforter.

“Sleep,” he continues.

 

Taeyang’s head throbbing like crazy as he can feels the fever starts to running wild through him so he just do what Seunghyun told hims and just by closing eyes, he easily drifted into his sleep. As he sleeps, he manages to feel how warm he is now and how comfortable this bed is. He doesn’t feel different or awkward lying on the bed that he has left for 5 years. He’s home.

 

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Just like he has been told last night, he needs to prepare for their breakfast this morning and only with that reminder, Daesung wakes up on his own this morning and even surprisingly without help from alarm. He is indeed surprise with himself sometime. He moves from lying down to sitting position then he stretch his body and yawning at the same time. As he moves, his mind slowly remembers back on what happened last night. The memory strikes him hard as he then turns to his side table and have look at the clock on it as it shows 7.15am. He immediately gets down from his bed while complimenting himself on how early he wakes up today even it is Sunday. He opens his door and tilted his head outside the room and looks his surrounding like a detective. Judging by the silent in the house, he knows he’s the earliest riser of the day as everyone might be in their dreamland. He steps out from his room and straightly moves to Taeyang’s room to check up on his hyung and once he enters the room, he found his hyung is still in his deep sleep. He moves closer to the bed. For a moment, this view of Taeyang sleeping peacefully in his bed, in his room is like a dream to him as he thinks back on how hard to make this hyung to come home and stay here but he ends up coming back in a blink of eyes. People are indeed true. Expect the unexpected. Daesung smiles at this view as he moves closer to touch Taeyang’s neck, feeling the temperature. Daesung thanking god as he feels that Taeyang’s  fever is already gone but Daesung can’t help but to notice the damp cloth on his hyung’s forehead and a basin of water on the side table. Those things were not there last night. He just brought the cooling pads only. Daesung sighs at the sight. This must be Seunghyun hyung’s work. Just at what time he slept last night. Daesung starts to feel worried about Seunghyun as he then leaves Taeyang in the room and then moves to Jiyong’s room as he remembers Seunghyun’s words last night that he will use Jiyong’s room to sleep. Once Daesung opens the door, he found no one in the room so he retreats back and walks to Seunghyun’s room only to find Seungri sleeping in Jiyong’s arms. Only the two of them. Where the hell is Seunghyun’s hyung?

 

Daesung walks out the room in speed as he moves to Seungri’s room and to find no one in there too. Daesung hates this. He hates that he can’t find Seunghyun. Daesung starts to feel panic till he finally moves to the stairs and have a look downstairs from above. Finally his feelings ease as he finds the man he searches for frantically. Seunghyun is sitting at their dining table, sipping a hot drink alone. Daesung released a relief sigh as he then moves downstairs and walks to his hyung. Seunghyun turns around and finds Daesung is walking towards him.

 

“Why are you up so early? It’s Sunday,” Seunghyun said innocently as he stares at his dongsaeng with questioning look on his face. He doesn’t know what he has done to Daesung this morning. His dongsaeng is freaking out looking for him.

 

“Hyung you asked me to prepare for breakfast this morning, right?” Daesung reminds the eldest as he straightly heading to the fridge.

 

“Oh really?” Seunghyun asked back but later he just smiles at his dongsaeng in return but Daesung is not looking at him.

 

“Did you sleep last night, hyung?” Daesung suddenly asked as he prepares the things to cook.

 

Seunghyun is cornered with that sudden question now.

 

“Did you have a good sleep last night Daesung-ah? What are you going to cook? Make it extra today,” Seunghyun said innocently like the previous question doesn’t exist.

 

Daesung gritted his teeth in silent as he washes his hand at the sink as he know straightly from Seunghyun’s words that actually his hyung didn’t even sleep last night which is explains about the damp cloth and the basin of water in Taeyang’s room. This man was looking after Taeyang the whole night.

 

“Hyung, go to sleep now,” Daesung said without even looking at his hyung.

 

Those words clearly show that Seunghyun is caught red handed for not sleeping at all last night. What he can do when Taeyang’s fever suddenly got worse last night.

 

“I want to watch you cook,” Seunghyun replied softly as he looks at his busy dongsaeng.

 

“I listened to you last night, so hyung you have to listen to me now. Go sleep, hyung,”

 

“It doesn’t work that way though, I’m the eldest over here,” Seunghyun replied and finally Daesung lifts up his head to look at Seunghyun who is staring at him from the dining table.

 

“For once, can’t you just listen to me and not questioning it? Yes, I’m your dongsaeng and you are the eldest over here but my words matter too hyung. I’m begging you; please go have some sleep upstairs as I will wake you up when the breakfast is ready to be served. Please,” Daesung begs.

 

Seunghyun frowns at the tone that his dongsaeng used right now but he just keeps quiet about it and then he slowly gets up from his seat and leaving the kitchen in silent. Daesung watches as his hyung walks to upstairs and he knows he just hurts his hyung’s feeling but he can’t help it. Seunghyun needs rest and that means he needs sleep. He is not well for god sake and Daesung is so damn worried. He continues preparing the breakfast while thinking on how to mend his mistake just now.

 

Meanwhile for Seunghyun, before he wants to enters Jiyong’s room to get some sleep, he walks to Taeyang’s room first to check on him one last time, to make sure that his fever is gone. He peeks inside before he enters and he finds Taeyang is still sleeping soundly in his bed. He moves closer as he then feels his dongsaeng’s forehead and smile. The fever is indeed gone for good. He takes the damp cloth that fell from Taeyang’s forehead and put it inside the basin of water. He takes a proper look at his dongsaeng’s face before he moves away leaving the room. Once he lies down on Jiyong’s bed, he just realized how tired he is now as his right hand absently rubbing his left chest as he close his eyes, finally drifting to sleeps.

 

Seunghyun doesn’t know he has sleep for how long till suddenly he feels someone is climbing up the bed from his left side. His eyes slowly flutters open as he feels someone is next to him and he turns to his left, which he finds Seungri is lying down next to him.

 

“Morning hyung,” Seungri greets his hyung lazily and judging on his swollen face, Seunghyun thinks his maknae just woke up too.

 

“Morning…” Seunghyun replied sleepily as he closes his eyes back and again he accidentally falls asleep too tired to wake up.

 

Later, he heard someone is calling his name repeatedly which makes him opens his eyes slowly and he meets with Jiyong’s eyes.

 

“Wake up hyung, have breakfast first then you can sleep again. It’s 9.40am now,” Jiyong said.

 

Seunghyun just nods his head in return as he takes his own time to finally get up from the bed and walks lazily to his room to wash himself but his steps stop in his way outside of his room when he heard the familiar laughing sounds from the game room. He turns around and out of curiosity he walks to the game room and he can sees the door is wide open and again he can hear the laughing sounds from inside.

 

“Hyung you tricked me!! It’s not fair, let’s restart the game. I don’t care,”

 

That is Seungri’s voice but later he hears someone else’s voice.

 

“Even if you restart the game for 100 times Seungri-ah, you will lost to me no matter what. Bring it on! If hyung win this 3rd game, you won’t get to eat the soup!!”

 

That is Taeyang’s voice.

 

“Oh my god Seungri, you better win this one, today’s soup is awesome!”

 

That is Jiyong’s voice.

 

“If Taeyang hyung lost, he won’t get the meat,”

 

That is Daesung’s voice.

 

“Kyaaa!!!! That is mean! I just bet the soup,”

 

“Call!!!”

 

“Kyaa shut up Seungri, hyung didn’t say anything yet. Let’s playing fair over here,”

 

“Says the person who tricked others while playing. So much for a fair game,”

 

Then, the big laughing sounds fill the room once more. Seunghyun is leaning on his right side at the wall outside the game room quietly and he swears he could stand there for a lifetime just to listens to them laughing and making jokes with each other. He misses this so much. He smiles as he hears Seungri screams from inside and how Jiyong calms the maknae down. He hears how finally Daesung screams in joy as they find out that Taeyang made a careless mistake and caused the maknae to win at the end. Seungri is indeed jumping happily inside but Seunghyun doubt there was a mistake there, as he believes that Taeyang is actually lost purposely. There’s no way Taeyang can lost in playing games, he just loves Seungri so much. This feels so heavenly to him as all his dongsaengs are with him in the house. The big house that he designed and built from scratch with a dream of having all of his dongsaengs living in it together. That was his dream when he first built the house. With Taeyang leaving the house 5 years ago just made the big house nothing more than just a place for them to stay. Only a mere big empty house, not a home, but with Taeyang back in here last night, suddenly it doesn’t look empty at all. It feels home to him and with that that thought alone, Seunghyun finally leaves to his room with a happy smile on his face.

 

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

 

! ! ! There’s nothing more awkward than this but Taeyang tries to play cool as soon as Seunghyun come and walks to the dining table. Jiyong sits beside him with Daesung sits in front of Jiyong right now. Seungri is currently taking glasses from the rack with his nonstop chattering mouth bragging on his winning just now. No choice right now as it is either Seunghyun will sit beside him or in front of him and Taeyang doesn’t know which is worse.

 

“Hyung~! You sleep well?” Jiyong asked happily like nothing is going on.

 

“Yeap. You cook a lot Daesung-ah,” Seunghyun said as he moves to sit beside Daesung which is in front of Taeyang. Taeyang really wish he can disappear at the moment because of the awkwardness that he feels. First breakfast together in 5 years, who won’t be awkward???

 

Seungri ends up sits right beside Seunghyun and Taeyang can’t help but to wrinkles at that view. Seungri and Seunghyung blend in well? Because as far as he remembers, they were not really talking with each other and Seungri dislikes Seunghyun the most in the house before.

 

“You came to hyung this morning?” Seunghyun asked Seungri who already starts eating his rice. Everyone is already starts to dig in the foods.

 

“Oh.. Yes.. I woke up and you were not in bed. Sadly it was Ji hyung in bed next to me and almost strangled me to death with his arms,” Seungri complains while threw a glare at Jiyong.

 

“Shut up! Seunghyun hyung who asked me to sleep with you last night. You think hyung wants to sleep with you that bad?” Jiyong replied with his full mouth.

 

“Hyung~~ Why didn’t you sleep with me last night and why you ended up sleeping in Jiyong hyung’s bed? You could have just asked him to move and sleep with me in your room,” Seungri said and his words managed to silent everyone there because they damn know why it happened.

 

Taeyang however froze while listening to those words which he realized three things which first, Seungri sleeps with Seunghyun, second, Seunghyun was sleeping in Jiyong’s bed and the third one, Seungri and Jiyong slept in Seunghyun’s freaking bedroom!!! Taeyang can’t help but to lifts up his head and looks at Seunghyun who is in front of him and he immediately notices that Seunghyun haven’t touch the food yet but just look at others eating theirs.

 

“Seungri, can’t you just eat first?” Daesung said with his annoyed tone.

 

“Don’t fight,” Seunghyun warns lightly and Jiyong ends up laughing at his two dongsaengs in responds.

 

“Hyung, eat,”

 

Daesung stops in his midway while he wants to take in the kimchi from the bowl, Jiyong stops chewing his food and Seungri stops in his midway while he wants to put another meat in his mouth when all of them heard those magical words. They look at each other silently confirming that they are not the one who said those words, and then they look at Seunghyun who is currently looking at the person who actually muttered those words. They all turn to Taeyang who currently calmly eating his foods in silent, ignoring others who stares at him.

 

What the !! I thought I said it in my head? Did I actually accidentally say it out loud? Taeyang, you stupid! Let’s play cool. Let’s play cool. Let’s play cool.

 

Seunghyun’s lips finally crack into a sweet smile as he looks at Taeyang innocent face which ignoring him in return so Seunghyun then takes his chopstick and takes few of side dishes into his bowl of rice, and when he is just about to eat, he manages to say.

 

“Hyung will eat well,” with smile plastered on his face.

 

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

 

“Hyung, let’s go ride your big motorbike after this!” Daesung suggested excitedly as the three of them are lazily sitting and lying on the floor in the living room area, in front of the tv. The three of them are currently playing the board game, monopoly because the mighty Seungri asked them to. Jiyong already own 5 lands, 3 hotels and 5 houses while Taeyang currently owning 3 lands, two airports and 5 houses, meanwhile Daesung owning 4 lands, with 3 shops and the mighty Seungri owns 4 lands, 3 houses and has been going to jail 3 times now. He is frowning at the moment. Seunghyun doesn’t join the game as he preferred to be observer and he is currently sitting on the couch and watches them play between them.

 

“Ahhh my motorbike, you want to ride it?” Taeyang asked.

 

“Yes…” Daesung replied.

 

“I want too hyung,” Seungri cutting in.

 

“If you lost this game, you won’t get the chance,” Taeyang said giving his maknae an evil smile.

 

“Hyung~~~” Seungri whined at Seunghyun who smiles on the couch, asking for some justice.

 

“You only can ride it if Taeyang let you ride it,” Seunghyun said in return.

 

Taeyang tries to hide his satisfied smirk at his maknae but it’s too late because the youngest notice it right away.

 

“Hyung~ Taeyang hyung is mocking me,” Seungri whining again and this annoyed Jiyong to death.

 

“Kyaaa!! You stop with the whine or I’ll buy your land,” Jiyong warns.

 

“You can’t buy my land hyung, don’t be silly,” Seungri replied.

 

“Haaa!! Dae pay me! That’s my land over there,” Taeyang burst out suddenly as soon as Daesung stop moving his figure in Taeyang’s so called land.

 

“I’m rich, this is not a problem,” Daesung with his snobs face, pays his hyung with his fake money and Taeyang received it like that thing is real money. Jiyong chuckles at Taeyang’s silly behavior, however his eyes stop at his eldest hyung as he sees Seunghyun is already fell asleep on the couch. He must be tired. Jiyong then notices that Taeyang is looking at Seunghyun but brings his attention back to the board game.

 

“Let him sleep, he was looking after you for the whole night yesterday,” Jiyong suddenly explained without being ask. Taeyang just ignores those words and pretend to be so into the game before him.

 

“Ahh this game will take a very long time to finish,” Taeyang complains as he starts to lie down next to Jiyong.

 

“The first one to give up will be thrown into swimming pool,” Seungri suddenly bets without looking at his hyungs’s face.

 

His three hyungs then looks at their determined maknae in return and then they look at each other. Jiyong suddenly gets up from his lying position and sit properly with full determination on his face.

 

“Let’s make Seungri bankrupt,” Jiyong said suddenly and caused Daesung and Taeyang nods their heads in return.

 

Seungri’s face change in instant at that sudden conspiracy against him, so he again almost wants to whine at Seunghyun on the couch but stops midway when he found his eldest hyung is sleeping in sitting position. Seungri’s face change due to the sight before him and then he turns his attention back to the board game pouting.

 

“No one can save you now,” Daesung teased his maknae as soon as he sees Seungri’s disappointment but Seungri just keep quiet and continues to play. Taeyang stares at Seungri and he notices how his maknae’s mood changed. Seungri is definitely pampered by Seunghyun and close to him as well. It never crosses his mind that he will see Seungri being so close with Seunghyun but now, Taeyang just realize how true Daesung’s words before.

 

“What if I tell you that he already learnt it? He already realized his mistakes and he already stop taking everything for granted now. Will you come back to us?”

“Hyung…. Don’t do this. Don’t do this hyung. Seunghyun hyung already realized his mistakes and he is so much better now. He is there for us, he is there for Jiyong, he is there for Seungri and he is there for me, hyung,”

 

Suddenly a pang of regrets hit him well, and Taeyang again turns to look at his hyung on the couch and he can’t help but to feel worried about him as Seunghyun is really doesn’t look so fine to him. He is so thin and he didn’t even finishes his breakfast this morning with excuse that he drinks a lot of water before.

 

"Hyung will take you ride on my motorbike, Seungri-ah," Taeyang suddenly coax his maknae.

 

"Serious??? Promise hyung!" Seungri suddenly back to himself grabbing Taeyang's arm excitedly.

 

"Yes…" Taeyang nods his head.

 

"Me?" Daesung asked and pouting at the same time.

 

"Yes you too, silly" Taeyang replied to Daesung till suddenly his eyes turn wide at the board game! "Kyaa! This is your fault Seungri-ah! I miss collecting rental from Jiyong! Kyaa Ji! No wonder, you are too quiet," Taeyang scolds as he hits Jiyong's back and his dongsaeng just laughs in return.

 

Seunghyun let out a small smile in silent as he listens to his dongsaeng's voice, laughing, scolding, ranting and hitting each other. How can he fall asleep when he has all of his dongsaengs here in front of him. He can't miss the fun, and their voices. Who knows how much time he has left just to hear to their voices and watching them playing with each other. This time, the dining table is full, the meals are perfect, and the house feels so home to him and his family is complete. Everyone is here finally and the only thing that he needs now is more time. More time with them.

 

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Seunghyun just enters his bedroom, carrying a glass of water with him when he sees someone is lying comfortably in his bed, reading a comic. So much with the no lock system now till he rarely finds no one in his room when he entered. There will always Jiyong, Daesung  or Seungri in his room, using his stuffs, lying in his bed, plays with his laptop or just sleep there like it is their own bed.

 

"Seungri-ah.." Seunghyun calls and the maknae's head appeared a little from his comic and looking at him innocently.

 

"Yes hyung,"

 

"Are you going to sleep with me again tonight?"

 

"Yeap,"

 

"You have schools tomorrow, Seungri-ah," Seunghyun said as he puts down the glass on his side table and finally sit on his bed with his back facing Seungri.

 

"Yeah, schools," Seungri answered lazily as he continues to read his comic.

 

"Then, go sleep in your room. You have been sleeping with me in here for almost a week," Seunghyun tells.

 

"You don't want to sleep with me, hyung?" Seungri asked as he turns to look at Seunghyun's back.

 

"It's not that I don't want to sleep with you, but you have your own room so why you want to sleep in here with me?"

 

"I just want to,"

 

Seunghyun shakes his head in return, giving up asking his maknae to sleep in his own room. Seunghyun then lies down and he pulls his comforter to cover his body. He takes the remote control on his side table and presses a button, which later the lights in his room immediately switch off. Dark.

 

"Hyung~~~ I'm reading!" Seungri whined.

 

"That's why I asked you to sleep in your own room, silly so you can read as much as you want before sleeping. Hyung wants to sleep now. Go," Seunghyun scolds him in the dark.

 

Seungri pouts as he then close his comic and put it on the side table at his side, as he then slips down into the comforter as well and due to that Seunghyun is again shaking his head, looking at his maknae's stubbornness of insisting to sleep with him tonight. Jiyong is right, I spoiled him too much.

 

Few hours later, Seungri shifts in his sleep as he rolls towards his hyung's side of the bed but later he finds no one there when his hands meet nothing. He tries his best to open his eyes and only manage to open his right eye, to take a peek on the bed. His hyung is not there beside him and Seungri hates this the most as he then lazily opens his other eyes and move to find his phone. When he found it under his pillow, he unlocks his phone and looks at the time, it is 3.30am. He hears a slow wheezing sound and he turns around to find a shade of light coming from his hyung's bathroom. He's in the bathroom. Coughing sounds suddenly alarmed the youngest in the bed and with speed Seungri gets off from the bed and walks to the bathroom door. He put his right ear at the door to listen the sounds from inside and it is indeed a wheezing sounds followed with groaning. ! ! His hyung.

 

"Hyung.. Hyung.." Seungri calls for Seunghyun from outside. He finally knocks the particular door repeatedly when the man inside didn't respond to him. "Hyung.. Are you inside? Hyung, what are you doing in there? Are you okay?" Seungri asked with wariness in his voice.

 

"Hyung…. Fine…" Seunghyun replied from inside and the replied doesn't sound so convincing at all to Seungri.

 

"Hyung, open the door hyung.. Are you okay? Do you need anything? Hyung just open the door, please! Hyung! Hyung open the door! Are you okay?" Seungri asked repeatedly but no replied from Seunghyun and he knocks the door again. "Hyung open this goddamn door! Your meds hyung where are your meds? I'll bring it to you," Seungri asked in panic as he then turns around and runs to his hyung's side table. He switches on the light stand and he pulls open the drawers like crazy, rummaging the things inside to search for Seunghyun's meds but he finds nothing in there. He runs back to the bathroom and knocks the door. "Hyung! Where are you meds?? Tell me! Where? Oh god hyung open the door! I'll call Jiyong hyung, alright?" Seungri is so damn panic at the moment and right when he wants to move to call for Jiyong, the door suddenly open and he finds Seunghyun's pale face, with his front hair sticks to his forehead due to the sweats, his right hand is clutching his left chest and Seungri sees his hyung's t-shirt is damp in sweats too. His hyung is panting in between his breaths but the older right now is staring at Seungri with all the seriousness on his face. Seungri ignores the stares and moves his eyes to the sinks in the bathroom where he founds a few familiar bottles of meds and glass of water on it. All the meds are there with his hyung. Seungri's eyes are back at his hyung who still in heavy breathing but continues stares at him.

 

"Hyung…." Seungri said as he looks at Seunghyun.

 

"You knew…." Seunghyun speaks and his words almost sound like whispers to Seungri.

 

Seungri pursed his lips as his tears start to form in his eyes as he can see the hurt in Seunghyun's eyes. Seungri can't help it anymore other than to finally burst in tears and he spring to Seunghyun and hugs him tight, not caring the damp shirts that his hyung wears right now.

 

"Hyung.!! Hyung!!" Seungri cries as he hugs Seunghyun tightly and this is the actual thing that he wanted to do that night when he caused trouble, coming home so late. He wanted to run to his Seunghyun hyung and hugs him and cries as much as he wants. The feelings that he has been holding in now he pours while hugging his hyung. His heart breaking when he knows the truth and he is so damn angry at his hyung for hiding this from them, his family. "Hyung, I know hyung…. I know.. I know," Seungri said in between his tears and he can't help but to be more scared when he can feels the speed of his hyung's heart beat and how's his hyung's chest heaving.

 

Seunghyun closes his eyes as he listens to Seungri's confession and he tightened his grip at the door for support, letting his maknae to hug him. He doesn't know what to say and what to do in order to comfort the crying boy as he can feels the warm of Seungri's tears on his shirt. He slowly moves his hand from his chest and touches his dongsaeng's head softly, slowly caressing the youngest hair. This is the least that he can do to comfort Seungri who seems can't to stop crying. This situation really reminds Seunghyun to the night where Jiyong finds out about his illness. How Jiyong was really mad and shouting at him in between his cries. Even the strong Jiyong can crush when he came to know about this, so what he can expect from the youngest? He's breaking down for sure. Seungri's weird behavior lately kicks Seunghyun's mind, one by one.

 

“You know what hyung, I am your dongsaeng and you are my hyung and of course I love you too. As much as you scared about me gone missing, I would be so damn scared too if you gone missing as well. So hyung, please do the same. Don’t suddenly disappear because I would hate you for the rest of my life if it ever happens.

 

No wonder Seungri has been acting so well lately, refused to leave his side and have been insisting to sleep with him every night. Seunghyun sighs as he connecting the dots one by one.

 

"You must be scared, Seungri-ah," Seunghyun speaks softly to Seungri and his dongsaeng is just nodding his head repeatedly in return, still crying at his chest. "I'm sorry… I'm so sorry, maknae-ah" Seunghyun's voice breaks when he let out those words. Seungri cries even harder refusing to let his hyung go. "Hyung is so sorry for making you cry… We just become close with each other, and now this. You must be very mad at me," Seunghyun continues as he keeps on caressing Seungri's hair.

 

"I'll be good hyung, I will not make you worried anymore, I will study hard, and I will always listen to you," Seungri promised to him.

 

A soft smile appeared on Seunghyun's face when he listens to Seungri's words and he nods his head in return, taking the promise with him.

 

"Not just to me, but to others too. Listen to Jiyong, Daesung and Taeyang. Don't make them worried, and listen to them too," Seunghyun replied.

 

Seungri can't help but to feel like this is a parting speech from his hyung so he finally breaks the hugs and meets with Seunghyun's eyes.

 

"You can't leave us hyung and you must promise me that," Seungri warns him while still sobbing.

 

Seunghyun let out a sad smile but he doesn't say anything in return as he then moves to the sink counter slowly, with his left hand on the counter for support and his other hand tapping the pipe to wash his face. His chest still in pain but it's not bad as before. He takes a dry towel from the rack near the mirror in front of him and wipe his face as he then looks at his reflection at the mirror. He is indeed white as sheet but he smiles at Seungri through the mirror.

 

"Don't worry, hyung is fine. I just need to lie down," Seunghyun said as he turns around and face his dongsaeng who still looks so worried about him.

 

"Have you taken your meds, hyung?" Seungri asked as he helps Seunghyun to walk out from the bathroom. Seunghyun just nods and walks slowly to his side of the bed. Seungri helps him to lie down, adjusting the pillow and comforter, and then he climbs up the bed as well, sitting next to Seunghyun. His hyung looks up at him after that.

 

"Sleep Seungri, you have schools tomorrow," Seunghyun speaks and then the maknae slowly lying down on his left side, not taking off his eyes from his hyung like the eldest will disappear any moment. Seunghyun then pulls the comforter to cover his maknae's body and then he smiles.

 

"Sleep, hyung is here so don't worry. I won't leave you that easy," Seunghyun said as he ruffles Seungri's hair and then wipes the tears stained on Seungri's face while still smiling. Seungri doesn't look convince but still he closes his eyes, as he promised earlier that he will always listen to Seunghyun.

 

"I'll take care of you hyung… I'll take care of you… So, don't worry about me… I'll take care of you," Seungri said while his eyes still close and he repeat those words like a mantra.

 

Seunghyun's smiles fading from his face as he remembers something.

 

“You are my father hyung! No one can be my father except than you! I love you hyung.. I will save you hyung… I will save you.. I will definitely save you,”

 

You guys are indeed brothers after all… Seunghyun smiles and finally close his eyes.