3RD CHAPTER

TOGETHER

After taking the showers and wear his pajama, with his wet orange hair, Jiyong takes his pillow and walks out from his room, heading to Seungri’s room. Without even knocking, he straight away open the door and found his dongsaeng dancing like crazy with earphones stuck in his ears. He completely ignores the world. Is this the boy who is known as a genius in his school? Looks completely retarded to me. Jiyong just standing there at the door while hugging his pillow and watch the free show. Later, Daesung joins in and watch. Seungri keeps on singing and dancing, adding a few weird moves. Really get into the music and then when he wants to make dramatic moves, he opens his eyes and saw his hyungs standing together at the door watching him. Seungri immediately turn off the music and his smile vanished. He pulls his chair to sit and pretends to get back with his study. He takes out his highlighter and tries to focus on the books before him.

 

“Ri-ah, what are you doing?? Study?? Hey, genius doesn’t need books. Who needs to read when he can just absorb everything during class like a sponge,” said Daesung with ahjumma’s voice and hugs Seungri from behind and makes funny faces.

When Daesung gets no response from his dongsaeng, Daesng shakes his chair, messing with his hair, but still no response. Seungri just keeps on reading even his hair is already a mess. Jiyong just lie down on Seungri’s bed and with his handphone, he sends a text to Seunghyun while watching the two monkeys which are his dongsaengs, make a drama at the Seungri’s table. After a few minutes of being silent, Jiyong finally speaks up.

 

“Ri-ah, tonight we sleep together,”

 

Seungri is stunned by this, but tries to maintain his serious face.

 

“Don’t want,” he answered simply. Continue pretending to skim the reference books before him.

 

“Don’t care,” reply Jiyong taking his dongsaeng’s pillow and hug it tightly like a baby. By seeing this, Daesung straights away jumps on the bed and hugs Jiyong from behind. Thank god for the king size bed.

 

“I also wants to join! What’s the use of the king size if it’s not shared together. Come Ri-ah, leaves those books. Let’s snuggle till dawn,” persuade Daesung.

 

Seungri is totally annoyed with his hyungs this time and suddenly put down his highlighter and start talking.

 

“I’m a healthy grown up man, I need privacy. Please step out from my room now, because I need to study, hyung. Exams are coming. Sigh. This is why I hate this whole no-lock room system! Every room’s door is without lock! Why in this house, our door has no lock!!??? But Seunghyun’s room is LOCK the whole time!! I want to lock my door and have my own space and my own private time. Even when I want to change also, hyungs will simply come in like nothing happen. I’m an adult man. I need some “me” time, okay,” Seungri spilled his heart out.

 

He is frustrated so much as his hyungs always come into his room without knocking. Since from the very beginning, every rooms in this house have no lock and the one and only room that can be locked is Seunghyun’s room. No one can enter his room, even for Jiyong. So no one knows what’s inside the room. Taeyang has once said “Maybe he got a woman in there. Who knows,”. This is one of the reasons why Taeyang choose to live by himself. He feels like Seunghyun abuse the power as the Head of the House, selfish, only thinking about himself and act like a King in the house. Waiting for about 1 minute, Seungri hears no response so he gives up and turn around. There, he found his hyungs already fall asleep on his bed. Jiyong with his tired face hugging his pillow and Daesung just sleep with his mouth open and hugs Jiyong from behind. Sigh. They definitely need a girlfriend and there’s only small space for Seungri to sleep. My hyungs are useless! Seungri slowly close his books and gets up from his seat. He then walks to the bed and lie down. It’s been awhile they are not sleeping together like this. Seungri takes the remote control and turn off the lights and hugs Jiyong as well. Let’s call it a night, people.

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

Meanwhile, Seunghyun stills in the office,, going through reports of the project that being handled by Jiyong. His head start to hurt and he knows that this mean, he has overworked himself again. He checked his phone and found Jiyong’s text “It’s 10pm already, hyung. Come home.” Seunghyun looks at his watch and Jiyong is right, it’s too late already. He leans his back at the chair and takes a few deep breaths. He shuts his eyes and his right hand carefully massaging his left chest as he feels a bit difficult to breathe. Overwork again. He rest like that for about 10 minutes before he realized that his car is still at the site. He slowly gets up from his seat and carefully arranging back the documents and files on his desk. He put the files that he needs to check in the morning near the computer. After looking at his desk for awhile, he takes his coat and slowly walks leaving his room, finally.

When Seunghyun arrives at the main lobby, the guard, Mr. Kim Han Neul straight away smiling and bowing to him. Seeing the Director late at night leaving the office is not a new thing to the guard.

 

“Evening, Mr. Choi.”

“Evening, Uncle. How are you?”

“I’m great Mr. Choi. Are you okay, Mr. Choi? You look pale.”

“I’m okay Uncle. Just tired. Have you eaten?”

“I already had my dinner; my daughter sent the food to me just now. She said she prepared it herself without the help from my wife,” the guard chuckled.

“Wah, lucky you Uncle. Next time ask her to prepare for me as well,” Seunghyun said while patting on the guard’s shoulder.

“You better not, Mr. Choi. Her first cook, not that good.”

 

They both laugh at this and then they continue talking for few minutes. Even Seunghyun is known as the cold heartless person in the company, he is always nice to the guards especially because he himself was once worked as a guard. Seunghyun didn’t finish his school due to the hardships that his family faced. Even before the death of his mother, he already started working as newspaper boy to help his mother. His late father is not a responsible man and always coming home drunk. He still remembered how his father used to hit his mother who was heavily pregnant at that time. When he was young, his family used to move from one house to another till they once lived in an old abandoned house. They didn’t have enough money to rent any small place, and eat only with the money earned by his mother as a part time maid, doing all the house chores for the neighbours nearby. His mother didn’t want his dongsaengs to become like Seunghyun, didn’t finish their studies. Therefore, Seunghyun working so hard just to make sure his brothers had school shirts and shoes even have to share with each other to go to school.

 

“Oh Uncle, I think it’s a bit late now. I need to leave as I’ve to go pick up my car that I left at the site this afternoon.” Said Seunghyun while checking the time at his watch.

 

“Oh your car, Mr. Choi, I think your brother, Mr. Jiyong already settled it. Your car is at the basement. I saw it just now.”

“Really Uncle? Thank god I don’t need to drop by at the site to get my car. Thanks Uncle. Okay, I’ll leave first, good job Uncle,”

 

Seunghyun smiling and shakes the guard’s hand. The guard bowing and waves at him. This young man must have been through so much, his hand is so damn rough, the guard thoughts.

 

Later, while entering his house’s area, Seunghyun stops by at the guard, and as a young guard come and greets him, Seughyun asked the guard.

 

“Did anyone come today, Jong Woon?” he asked from his car’s window.

“Yes, someone came today, sir,”

 

Seunghyun always does this, checking out everything that happened around the house when he’s not there.

 

  •        "Who?"

“Your dongsaeng, sir. Mr. Taeyang came just now and I think he had his dinner here with everyone,” tells Jong Woon honestly.

 

Hearing this, Seunghyun just nodded and say thanks to the guard and leave with his car. He then parks his car besides Jiyong’s car. Holding his briefcase, he walks to the door and pressed “411791”. TETTT!!

 

Kyaaa… I knew it. This childish thing will only happen whenever Taeyang came and the password will always change. He then walks to the back of the house, at the lake’s area, where there is a small gate which is rarely used by anyone. He presses the password and the gate easily open. They won’t touch this one, he is right.

 

Seunghyun close the gate and slowly walks into the house through back door. He takes off his shoes and first heading to the kitchen as he still doesn’t have his dinner yet and when he’s there in the kitchen, he is stunned by looking at the kitchen. You guys had dinner or party?

 

Seunghyun sigh and slowly put down his briefcase on the table. He takes off his coat, and folds his sleeves. He then go to the sink first and wash all the dishes, clean up the table and wash all the glasses. He wipes the cabinet, stoves and the dining table. After satisfies with his work, he decided to just go to sleep. He is just too tired to have dinner. He straight away climbs the stairs heading to his bedroom, forgetting his briefcase and coat downstairs. When he walks to his room, he founds that Seungri’s room is open. Instead of going to his room, he slowly walks into the room and found all his dongsaengs sleep on the same bed. Seungri’s leg on Jiyong, and instead of hugging the pillow, Jiyong ends up hugging Seungri’s head. Daesung’s hand is all over Jiyong’s face with legs wide open. For a moment, he feels like heaven on earth, al his tiredness disappear and Seunghyun finally smiling. He carefully walks to Seungri’s table and sit on his chair. He looks at Seungri’s books. So thick. He opens Seungri’s note book and checking Seungri’ handwriting. My dongsaeng is so smart, his thoughts while smiling. He skims through Seungri’s notes , then he opens Seungri’s reference books, he found lots of yellow highlighted portion and few notes written inside. My dongsaeng is studying so hard, and his right hand touch his dongsaeng’s handwriting, feels like holding Seungri’s hand. Seunghyun realized, Seungri is the one he rarely talks to, not because Seunghyun despise him, but he doesn’t have enough time for him. He needs to work and earn money. He doesn’t want his dongsaengs to live in hardships and face situations like he faced before. Seunghyun turn around and looks at his dongsaengs, he looks their face one by one. Everyone is growing up so well, right? This is the reason why he wants every room to not have any locks. He works so hard every day and unable to meet and catching up with his dongsaengs as he will be back late at night. When he’s back, everyone is already sleeping soundly, so by that time, he will drops by at each room to check up on them.

Seunghyun slowly gets up from the chair and picks up the comforter that falls from the bed. He carefully covers his dongsaengs with it and looks at each faces.

"You are right, Jiyong-ah. We are really running out of time."