6TH CHAPTER

TOGETHER

It’s been 3 weeks after that incident, and now even Jiyong is not talking to Seunghyun. To Jiyong, Seunghyun is really crossing the line by not coming home before but Jiyong still be professional in the office, still receiving instructions from Seunghyun like always and now he is quite busy than before so it makes it easier to avoid his hyung. Jiyong shows his anger by not paying attention to Seunghyun and just look at him from far. He doesn’t care whether Seunghyun eat or not, the works or anything else. Jiyong just focus on his works and only talk about business related matter with Seunghyun. Seunghyun noticed this but refused to say anything about it as he now is waiting for the right time to talk to Jiyong. Lately, Seunghyun stops monitoring those projects handled by Jiyong and let him do the works on his own and it’s been 4 times now that Seunghyun let Jiyong conduct those big meetings with the investors, clients, the board and the staffs. Slowly step by step, Seunghyun gives Jiyong exposure on how to lead the company on his own.

 

“Sir, the meeting will be in 15 minutes and everything is ready now,” said Kang Hye Jung, Seunghyun’s secretary. She is a senior to all secretaries in the company and someone that Seunghyun trust.

 

“Gives the details to Jiyong as he will be the one who conducts the meeting today,”

“Is he knows about it before hands, Sir?”

"Nope"

“Are you coming Sir?”

"Nope,"

 

Kang Hye Jung started to feel uneasy about this as she knows Jiyong will be a bit mad of not knowing this before hands.

 

“Are you sure, Sir?”

“Yes. Tell him that the details are in that file, read everything word by word. I know it’s too sudden but I know he will nail it. I’ve to leave now Hye Jung, as I’ve other appointment now. Take care of everything okay. If there’s anything just text me, don’t call,” instructs Seunghyun while getting up from his seat and takes the coat hanging at the back of his seat. Seunghyun looks confident that his dongsaeng will handle this well. Seunghyun then leaves the room and left Hye Jung with wariness.

 

Later, Jiyong just come out from his room, on his way to the meeting room with his secretary, is stop by Kang Hye Jung who is at the time just stop in front of Jiyong’s room. Thank god that he is still here.

 

“Yes, Hye Jung?” Jiyong asked with question expression on his face feeling weird why his hyung’s secretary is here.

 

“Mr. Jiyong, this is for you. The big boss gives instruction that you will be the one who will conduct the meeting today and the details are in the file. He asked you to read everything word by word and present it during meeting. The big boss will not joining the meeting today as he already left for his other appointment,” explains Hye Jung while gives Jiyong the file. Jiyong’s expression doesn’t look good while taking the file and listening to Hye Jung’s explanation. “Hold the meeting for 10 mins, I’ll be right back,” Jiyong said briefly before he turns away to enter his room back leaving the two secretaries by themselves.

 

As soon as he closes the door, Jiyong walked with speed to his table and literally buffeted the file on his table. What the hell is his hyung thinking for giving him this last minute instruction? It’s a big meeting with a big project and with the powerful investors and he gives me instruction at the very last minute!

 

Jiyong tries his best to calm himself and he opens the file, read every details and go through each report and this takes more than 10 minutes which later Lee Hi, his secretary comes in.

 

“Sir, the investors are waiting,” Lee Hi reminds Jiyong which at that time still buries himself in reading the details.

 

Upon hearing the reminder from his secretary, Jiyong close the file and gets up from his seat.

 

“Let’s go…”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

“Doctor, Mr. Choi is already here,” said Nurse Kim Hae Sook.

“Call him in,” Jong Suk replied.

 

Later, Seunghyun comes in and straight away sitting on his seat in front of Jong Suk who is at that time still focusing on the x-ray of one of his patient. Since their argument last time, they didn’t raise any issue about it and acting like nothing happened. Seunghyun since that day has come for his appointment on time without arguing at all and sometimes he was there early so Jong Suk is happy about the changes.

 

“Actually I’ve this one sudden appointment with a VVIP patient as I’ve to take over the case from Dr. Shin who just retired last week but I don’t want to postpone our appointment, Hyun. So, I’ve asked one of my colleagues to help me to run the check up on you today. Is it okay Hyun?” asked Jong Suk while facing Seunghyun with pleading look.

 

“You should just postpone our appointment Jong Suk-ah, I can come at any time. You don’t have to bother someone else for me, plus I’m not comfortable having check-up with someone else other than you. You are my personal doctor for a reason,” Seunghyun rejecting and clearly disagreed to have his check up with someone else.

 

“Haisy, it’s not that I don’t want to postpone but I’m afraid the next date will be next week and it’s quite long. I want your progress. Just usual check-up Hyun, you know better, plus this doctor is a damn good heart specialist. She just gets transferred here following his dad. Oh my God! I forgot to tell you, she’s our Director’s daughter. Seriously Hyun-ah, she will do great job. Well, it just one time only,” explains Jong Suk.

 

“I don’t care who she is, whose daughter is she or how good she is. Just give me the new date,” Seunghyun replies with damn serious face.

“I already told her about your appointment Hyun-ah and maybe she’ll come in a minute,” Jong Suk with a very apologetic face and at the same time biting his pen, which is his habit when he’s in panic.

“What? You always do this. Doing something without letting me know first,” Seunghyun is now mad and when he wants to continue his nag, suddenly there’s a knock at the door. Both guys turn facing the door and a doctor came in.

 

“Is he here yet, Jong Suk?” the doctor asked with a smile while at the same time nodding briefly to Seunghyun acknowledging his presence.

“You come at the right time, Eun Hye. This is the patient, Choi Seunghyun. Hyun, this is Dr. Yoon Eun Hye the one I told you just now,” Jong Suk introduced them and hopes that Seunghyun won’t give any negative respond like glare or anything else as Seunghyun is someone who always expresses his impression loudly and he already did that so many times before.

 

Yoon Eun Hye somehow looks a bit startled when she looks at Seunghyun but she manages to cover her face expression. Seunghyun on the other hand not even smiling but reluctantly gives out his hand for a handshake.

 

“Choi Seunghyun, just call me Seunghyun. What should I call you?” Seunghyun started.


“Yoon Eun Hye, you can just call me Eun Hye. Well, as Jong Suk’s request, I’ll be the one who will conduct your check up for today, so I’ll just wait for you in the usual room, okay?” Eun Hye suggesting and Seunghyun briefly nodded at her, then she leaves the room leaving Seunghyun and Jong Suk.

 

“Alright?” asked Jong Suk rising up his two thumbs as signal is it good to Seunghyun who is really wants to smack Jong Suk’s head and Seunghyun just shaking his head and walking out of the room clearly ignoring Jong Suk. “Come on Seunghyun-ah, this one time only. Don’t cause trouble,” Jong Suk said to himself.

 

Seunghyun walks to the said room and slowly opens the door; from behind he can see Eun Hye is talking to a male nurse before realize that Seunghyun is in the room. Why her back looks familiar? Even her hair. Seunghyun manages to hide his face expression when Eun Hye turns and face Seunghyun. She smiles.

 

“Seunghyun-shi let’s get started. I’ll take your heart reading first. Please get inside, the nurse will help you,”Eun Hye said while signaling the male nurse to help Seunghyun.

For Seunghyun, this is not the first time. He enters another room inside to change his clothes. As usual, he will undergo cardiac MRI first for the doctor to evaluate his heart condition. When he lies down on the table inside a long tube-like machine that produces a magnetic field, the machine will send images and X-ray to the monitors in front of Eun Hye. Eun Hye looks so serious while evaluating Seunghyun’ condition, as she then sits on the chair and looks at the heart images on the screen.

 

“Oh this guy has a pretty serious heart condition; he should have been admitted at least,” Eun Hye said slowly to herself.

 

After a few minutes, through the mic, Eun Hye tells that they can move for other test. Next, Seunghyun needs to undergo ECG (Electrocardiogram) for the doctor to detect any irregularities in his heart's rhythm and structure. This part Seunghyun hates the most as he needs to do a simple exercise which is running on a treadmill. When they are in the room, Eun Hye asked him to stand on a treadmill and without any warnings; she straights away his hospital shirts to put some wires on his chest. He rolled his eyes as he is annoyed by her sudden actions and Eun Hye seems to notice about this so she just smiles.

 

“Alright, Seunghyun-sshi let’s get started, I’ll starts the treadmill,” Eun Hye looks at him and Seunghyun just nodded.

 

He started with walking and then gets faster and meanwhile, Eun Hye is getting the graph printed by the ECG machine. Later, she looks at him and she can see him starting running out of breath so she slows down the treadmill and ask the nurse to help him. Eun Hye looks at the graph. Not good.

Eun Hye then asks the nurse to help Seunghyun to lie down on the bed and provide him with the oxygen mask. Seunghyun is so damn tired and just follows the nurse with help of course. He can’t moves on his own. He sighs with relieve as he lies down and wearing the oxygen mask as his right hand touch his left chest. This is normal. He will always end up lying down like this for every check up. He closes his eyes trying very hard to stable down his breath, he is just too focus with his breathing and taking no time to bother with a hand that suddenly caressing his hair. He just doesn’t care. He wants to breathe properly.

 

“Why the I do this,” Eun Hye suddenly stops her hand. She involuntarily moves to Seunghyun just now and touch his hair like trying to support and calms him down. After seeing the graphs just now, she looks at Seunghyun’s pale sweaty face and his struggle to stable his breathe so, she just moves to him and caressed his hair. Eun Hye later pulls her hand and looks at her nurse who is now quite dumbfounded looking at her. Questioning her actions just now.

 

“Set up the Holter and let him rest for awhile before we do the ultrasound,” instructs Eun Hye to the nurse. Then she looks back to Seunghyun who is now still with his eyes close, resting. “I don’t know that you are this sick,” she said inside.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After all those sessions, Eun Hye asked Seunghyun to change and then meet her in her room. While waiting for Seunghyun to come in, she reads his medical record, graphs, and look into all kind of meds that he has been having. She personally asking for his details from Jong Suk before and now she fully understands his condition but something lingers in her mind. Why this guy doesn’t want to be admitted and having treatment properly? While she still deep in thoughts, she doesn’t hears the knock at the door and doesn’t even realize that Seunghyun already in her room.

 

Seunghyun look around the room, bigger, nice couch, nice desk. Tsk. Have to be the hospital director’s daughter. He walks to the desk and watch Eun Hye who is too focus reading his medical reports. He pulled the chair. The sound made Eun Hye startled and lifts her head. She looks at him with serious face.

 

“I knocked so many times just now but you don’t respond so I just came in. You still in deep thoughts so I think by pulling the chair will make you realize that I’m here,” Seunghyun said. Surprisingly, Eun Hye smiles. She ushers him to sit then she arrange back those reports in front of her and later, she really takes a very deep breath before starts talking.

 

“Seunghyun –sshi, I think Jong Suk has told you about this, but as a doctor, I think I need to remind you again. You need to be admitted as soon as possible. Depending on the meds do not help so much. I’m afraid something can happen to you if there’s late in treatment. Here, in the hospital we can constantly monitoring your health and your progress and we can proceed with certain treatments for your valves. To be honest, this graph of yours doesn’t look really good to me, I think…” Eun Hye doesn’t get her chance to continue when suddenly Seunghyun decided to speaks.

 

“Have we met before?” Seunghyun asked with emotionless face.

 

Eun Hye suddenly gulping her saliva, startled by the sudden question. Haven’t this guy hears everything that she said just now?

“I’m afraid this is our very first meeting. Why Seunghyun-sshi? Am I that familiar to you?”

 

“Strangely, your back looks really familiar to me,”

 

Isn’t this guy too honest? Spilling out everything that is in his head. Yes!! I’m that crazy who sneaked in to your room the other day! Haisy.

 

“My back? That is really really strange. People always mention the face looks familiar, but back? Hahaha. This is the first time,” she said calmly.

 

Seunghyun looks like he really trying his best to remember but later choose to silent. Eun Hye looks at him. Handsome but sick. Sigh.

 

“As I told you before, your condition is not very good and I think…,”

 

“Your opinion doesn’t matter to me. I know what you are going to say but I’ll have to decline it for now. I’ll come for appointment on time, I’ll reduce my workload in the office, eat meds on time, no stress, no pressure but to admitted, my answer is a NO. I’ve other commitment…..”

 

“What other commitments that are so important than your own life?” now is her turn to cut his speech. Now it’s his turn to be quiet.

 

“No matter what, your health is more important Seunghyun-sshi. Your life. I believe your family going to be very sad if they know that you are neglecting your health like this. Other commitment can wait, you come first,” Eun Hye continues.

 

Seunghyun smiles.

 

“How many percents of recovery chances that I have if I do as what you said?”

 

Eun Hye’s mind struggle to answer that simple and sudden question. I don’t expect that question. !

 

“You are taking too much time to answer Eun Hye-sshi. I guess, even a specialist like you also doesn’t have any idea about my chances. Don’t worry, I didn’t expect any answer for that question either, as I’ve asked Jong Suk before this with the very same question and he answered me with the very same face expression too. I’ll continue doing what I do now, so I guess I won’t have to meet you again after this right. Have a good day, doctor. Send my regards to Jong Suk, I better get going,” Seunghyun said and gets up from his seat with a smirk on his face, he turns around and walks to the door.

 

“You, have a good day too, Seunghyun-sshi,” Eun Hye said from her seat. Seunghyun doesn’t even turn to look at her and just opens the door and walk out.

 

"Annoying!," Eun Hye said and close the file harshly.