15TH CHAPTER

TOGETHER

Jiyong just take his seat in his room in the office when a desperate knocks at the door startle him.

 

“Come in,” he said.

 

Then the door opens and revealed Lee Hi with her panic face expression walks in carrying a paper with her.

 

“Boss, I just received a notice. A short notice of board meeting that will be held this morning at 11am,” Lee Hi said as she gives out the paper to her boss. Her words caused Jiyong to straightly stands up and snatches the paper from his secretary. He reads the notification line by line. It clearly stated about the board meeting but this is too sudden. Short notice like this will only upsets everyone.

 

“Have you checked about this?” Jiyong asked as he lifts up his head from the paper.

 

“Done, Boss. It’s true and actually the board members had been notified about this meeting since last week but I just came to know about it this morning. The instruction was coming directly from the big boss. I thought you knew,” she explained.

 

Jiyong stares at his secretary and then he take a look at his watch and the time is 9.15am. There are only few more hours before the board meeting.

 

“Thanks for the information, but please get Hye Jung on the line, I need to talk to her,” Jiyong said it with his damn serious expression. Lee Hi straight away leaves the room to get Hye Jung on the line for her boss.

 

Once Lee Hi is out of his sight, Jiyong is back sitting on his chair with his eyes back on the paper. Why there is short notice of this board meeting? Why I didn’t know a bit about it? Hyung didn’t say even a thing about this to me before. The phone ringing, Jiyong takes the call.

 

“Boss, Hye Jung is on the line for you,” Lee Hi’s voice emerges.

 

“Connect us,” Jiyong said and then he hears beep sound and then revealed a woman’s voice. Hye Jung’s voice.

 

“Yes, Mr. Jiyong. What can I do for you?”

 

“Why there is a board meeting at 11am and I know nothing about it?”

 

“Sir, I already send out notification to your secretary just now,”

 

“Just now! Just now Hye Jung! I just came to know that the other members already been notified about this since last week. Why am I the only one who gets notified on the day itself?”

 

“Sir, I believe there is a misunderstanding over here. All board members get short notification today, including you. No one is being informed last week,”

 

“Hye Jung, stop lying,”

 

“Sir, you know I’m not,”

 

“Fine! Then, all the board member can make it today?”

 

“Yes, everyone is coming,”

 

“Ha! Everyone is funnily available for this kind of short notice board meeting. This is a joke and I’m not stupid Hye Jung,”

 

“I’m so sorry Sir. I only did my job as per instruction that was given to me,”

 

“From my hyung?”

 

“Yes,”

 

“Notify me this morning was his instruction too?”

 

“….”

 

“Hye Jung,”

 

“Sir, I only did my job,”

 

“Fine. Now tell me the agenda of this meeting,”

 

“The agenda will be inform during the meeting itself, Sir”

 

“Hye Jung, seriously?”

 

“I’m so sorry again, Sir. That was the instruction,”

 

Jiyong let out a heavy sigh. Do not ever dream to mess with his hyung’s secretary. She is damn loyal to her boss. Jiyong can’t deny the fact that Hye Jung is only doing her job but the job that she is doing right now is to keep him in the dark before the board meeting starts. He knows that Hye Jung is sure damn know what’s the agenda of the meeting.

 

“Is my hyung in the office?”

 

“Yes, he is,”

 

“Is he available if I want to meet him now?”

 

“Yes he is,”

 

“Inform him that I’m coming,”

 

“Yes, Sir,”

 

With that, Jiyong straights away cut off the line and gets up from his seat and walks out of his room. On his way to his hyung’s room, Jiyong just walks with speed and there is anger in his manner, and he notices everyone is looking at him. Definitely intimidated by him.

 

He finally reaches the room but he just ignores Hye Jung who stands outside the door, bowing down to him as a greeting. He pushes the door open without knocking it like he usually did. He enters the room and walks till he finally stops right in front of his hyung who is currently is reading a report. Seunghyun is not lifting up his head even once and not snap at Jiyong when his dongsaeng just barged into his room without knocking. Seunghyun hates it the most when someone barges into his room. But now, he just continues his work but at the same time he is waiting for his dongsaeng to explode. Jiyong put the paper on his desk to get his attention but still Seunghyun hold his tongue, not responding to it.

 

“Hyung, what the hell is this,”

 

“A notification,”

 

“Yes I know. A board meeting? Seriously? Why am I not being notified about this before hands?”

 

“That’s the purpose of the notification Jiyong-ah. Informing you before hands,”

 

“This is a short notice. You can’t hold a board meeting with short notice like this,”

 

“If the quorum is enough, I can hold the meeting like this,”

 

“How can the members are available when you inform them like this?”

 

“Fortunately, all of them are available and they are coming. You just have to be ready for that meeting, that’s all,”

 

“You informed them last week,”

 

Seunghyun finally lifts up his head from the documents before him. He finally sees his dongsaeng’s face. “Who told you that?”

 

“Lee Hi,”

 

“Your secretary? Hmm, great. She’s doing her job well,” Seunghyun said as he nodded acknowledging the fact and back looking into his documents. Ignoring Jiyong.

 

“She’s right isn’t it? Why am I not being informed about this last week?”

 

Seunghyun sigh at that question, as he starting to get annoyed with Jiyong. He puts down his pen and leans his back on the chair, looking at Jiyong at the same time.

 

“Firstly, calm yourself down. Secondly, don’t wear your emotions on your face, people can read you easily. Thirdly, if situation like this happen someday in future, just go with the flow, don’t panic,” Seunghyun is giving a lecture and Jiyong can’t help but to roll his eyes.

 

“A lecture is the last thing that I want to hear right now,”

 

Seunghyun finally smiles but shaking his head by looking at Jiyong’s responds in this kind of situation.

 

“Fourthly, control your anger. Fifthly, listen. Always listen because only by listening to others, you will know what really happened. Stay calm and observes. Panic and anger will only ruin you. This kind of attitude is not good for business, Ji,” Seunghyun continues lecturing anyway.

 

Jiyong gives up. He turns around, walking away leaving his hyung.

 

“Turn up on time,” Seunghyun manages to tell his dongsaeng when Jiyong opens the door. Jiyong ignores him but he knows that his dongsaeng was listening to his words just now and as soon as Jiyong left the room, Seunghyun intercom his secretary.

 

“Yes Boss,” Hye Jung’s voice on the line.

 

“Is everything ready?”

 

“Yeap,”

 

“Everyone is coming right,”

 

“I checked already, they are coming but calls from HanShin Group is keep on coming though,”

 

“You know what to do, right,”

 

“Of course,”

 

“Good, and yeah one more thing, Lee Hi is doing her job and she’s good,”

 

“Don’t provoke me,”

 

“Hahaha.. Good to know that he has someone like that with him in the office,”

 

“Yes Boss, of course,”

 

“Okay, if there’s anything, inform me,”

 

“Right on it,”

 

“Okay,” Seunghyun finally cut off the line. He is back checking the report before him and he can’t help but being a bit nervous about the board meeting. Today is the day, the day to execute the plan.

 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Everyone is already arrived in the meeting room, showing up one by one. The surrounding is full with whispers and talks about the main reason of the sudden board meeting and it is confirmed and already spread among of them about how they were being notified since last week. They were notified unofficially from the company’s management and every member was provided with a bundle of documents containing the agenda item of the meeting. Basically, every board member is well aware about the agenda before hands, except only one member which is the proxy of HanShin Group, Han Jonghyun. He finally shows his face to everyone once he enters the big meeting room but this time, he doesn’t shows up alone.

 

He came with the Director of HanShin Group himself, which is his father, Han Jung Ae. Once they enter, their presence shuts off all the whispers and talks. They coldly walks to their seats, harshly pulling out the chairs and sit on it. Their attitudes are just the same, as they don’t even greet the other board member, but just with their full arrogance, they wait for the main character to arrive. Han Jung Ae’s eyes finally stops at Mr. Jung, one of the board member and one of the senior investor of the company. He can’t help but to exchanges glances and nodded his head a bit, acknowledging the senior’s investor’s presence and Mr. Jung just nods his head a bit and smirk at him. They won’t exchange smiles. They are never in a good terms since before. Han Jonghyun brings his left finger to his mouth absentmindedly as he remembers how he got the notification this morning from his secretary and he can’t help but to feel so damn pissed off about the short notice. He was informed that the quorum is enough with or without him, so it means everyone is available for that meeting so he has no choice but to turn up. His father can sense that something is going on, so he decided to turn up for this meeting as well.

 

One woman pushes the big door and enters the room, which the woman is obviously the charismatic Hye Jung. All eyes are on the elegant secretary as they are waiting for her words.

 

“The Director will come shortly in few minutes, I hope everyone can settle down and have a sit,”

 

All the members are nodding their heads understandingly and moves taking their seats one by one. Han Jonghyun can’t fail to notice that all the other members are carrying a bundle of documents with them which is he has none of it. He turns to his left side, looking at his father. His father is obviously looking too calm in this situation and he can’t help but to feel frustrated by him. He definitely can’t read his father. His attention that turns to the big door as it revealed the man he dislike the most on this earth, Jiyong.

 

Jiyong entered the room and bowing down, greeting everyone as he then walks to his seat and stops once in awhile, receiving handshakes from the other board members. Jiyong let out a smile as he exchanges small talks with the members and finally stop at his seat beside Mr. Jung. He exchanges hugs with the old man and everyone just looking at them with smiles as they already know that the two of them is close with each other. Han Jung Ae just ignores the view, not worth a show to him. Jiyong finally sit down and as he sits down, Mr. Jung hands him the bundle of document for the meeting and smiles at him without saying anything. Jiyong just look at the document without opens it and he finally lifts up his head and smile to everyone that is looking at him.

 

His eyes finally stop for awhile at the two figures in the meeting who Jiyong notices do not have the documents with them. Han Jonghyun shots a glare at him and Jiyong just reply the glare with a smirk and nodding his head a bit. If that can be call as a greeting, then he greets him already. Jiyong can feel that this won’t be a usual board meeting. Something big will happens. Jiyong turns his head to Mr. Jung who sit on his left side and Mr. Jung is again just smile at him and now the old man moves his right hand patting Jiyong’s left thigh, silently comforting the younger’s mind. Jiyong just return the smile, then he opens the document before him, he skims through each page one by one and as he skims through it, he keeps his face expression still.

 

“Firstly, calm yourself down. Secondly, don’t wear your emotions on your face, people can read you easily. Thirdly, if situation like this happen someday in future, just go with the flow, don’t panic,”

 

The meaning behind his hyung’s words this morning. What the hell is going on here?

 

As he still deep in thoughts, finally everyone’s attention is focusing at the big door which being opens by the other two staffs. The man in charge is here, Choi Seunghyun finally enters the room and his presence caused each and every one of the board members to stand up greeting the Director. Seunghyun bows down and as he lifts up his body back, he can’t help but to notice the two figures that didn’t even bother to greet him and just stands at their seats arrogantly. Well, that was not the first time. Seunghyun starts walking to his seat and gracefully his suit before taking his seat. Everyone finally sits down and soon after that, Seunghyun moves forward a bit as he slowly patting the mic before he speaks.

 

“Good morning gentleman, I would like to express my highest gratitude to all of you for being able to make yourself available for this sudden board meeting even with a very short notice. I would like to apologize for this short notice as I believe the agenda that will be brought up here is the big issue and I must say, it is already become my main concern by looking at the future and to where  this company is leading to. I decided to take a full measure of actions concerning this matter and everyone that is in the meeting today, has the right to know what is going on within the company,” Seunghyun starts his speech and as he talks, Hye Jung moves to the HanShin Group Director and his son, finally giving out the documents to them personally.

 

“Without further a due, I hope everyone can open their document and turn to page 4 of it as I would like to draw everyone’s attention to our main agenda item today. Concerning on the dismissal of a shareholder in this company by way of voting and the buy-back of their shares,” Seunghyun starts. Everybody just calmly turns to the said page and reads all the contents inside and surprisingly no one shows their surprise demeanors except than Han Jonghyun and his father.

 

“The main agenda today is to cast out vote to dismiss a shareholder who no longer serves any purpose in growing the company. It already came to my knowledge about there is a free rider in the company and it already become a burden to the management. So I would like to take this chance, to propose a dismissal of a shareholder and everyone here in this room, have the rights to vote for this or not. Is there any question or objection for now?” Seunghyun said as he just straight away going to the point.

 

Turns out the respond from the board are nothing much and everyone is agreed with the proposal but only Han Jonghyun and his father do not respond even a bit at that proposal and keep their mouths shut. Seunghyun doesn’t bother to even asking them either.

 

“If there is no further objection, I would like to propose one name to be dismissed. Mr. Han Jung Ae from HanShin Group,” Seunghyun finally announce it with his clear and steady voice.

 

“You know this is bull!” finally the big man, Han Jung Ae speaks and let out his anger by throwing the documents to the middle of the table, caused everyone to be startled by his action. “You can’t just cast me out of this board, Choi Seunghyun! I’m one of the senior investor here, holding major shares of the company and now you think you can take me out like this?” he explodes.

 

“This is an insult! You should at least call us in private, if you intend to cast us out! We have shares in this company, and we have the right to know about this before hands! We just received the notification this early morning and expected us to just accept it? Your action right now showing that you have motives behind all of this! ” Han Jonghyun the son finally gets up from his seat and throws the document to the middle of the table too.

 

Seunghyun has expected this respond and he just smirks calmly and the two angry figures.

 

“Listen, no matter how senior you are and how big your shares are, I’m still the Director and holding the biggest shares in the company. Right now, what I just did was just proposing and you Mr. Han, still have the right as a shareholder as you are not being dismissed yet. Let’s see the voting first. Calm down, Jonghyun-sshi, please have a sit back,” Seunghyun replied calmly and Jonghyun has no choice but to sit back.

 

“There are reasons why I proposing this. I won’t simply hold this meeting just to sack you out with motives. I’ve explanation for this. Mr. Han, as one of the shareholder that having a quite big shares in my company, you never once came to the board meeting and annual general meeting other than sending out your proxy over here to replace you. We are doing business, Mr. Han and I believe few letters have been sent to your office that requires you to come to the meeting. Sending your proxy only to fill the quorum, is a bad move I must say. A shareholder has their role in a company and not just merely investing. I believe your company’s reputation also contributing to the growth of this company. I know about what you did behind me or I shall reveal everything here? You want me to do that? Because I am able to do that if you want me to but if I do that, you will say that I’m insulting you. Few reminders and calls has been made to your office regarding this matter on your absence in few of our big meetings and just to remind you further, Mr. Han, a proxy can’t do anything for this company and because of that, I think I don’t even need a proxy in this meeting room. A waste of time is a waste of money in my business Mr. Han and I believe everyone here have the rights to know about this matter and the problem that may happen in future, therefore if there is even one person in this room who feels that my thoughts are wrong, please come forward and speak up. I don’t mind listening to objections, all of you have the rights to object this,” Seunghyun said.

 

Jiyong turns his head to everyone in the room to see the responds and indeed no one is saying anything and everyone looked agreed with what Seunghyun has said but there are not even one person in the meeting room is looking surprise with this situation. They are indeed has been informed before hands. His hyung has done his job under the table before holding this meeting and keeping people in HanShin Group in the dark. Since when his hyung has been planning this thing? Jiyong turns to Mr. Jung beside him and he can see that the old man is obviously smirking in that situation. Devil. They have planned this together. Why the hell they kept this from him?

 

“Your explanations amused me, Choi Seunghyun. I must say I’m impressed, but you know what, this situation is too cliché and holds a very bad motives inside. If you continue this, I can challenge this thing as a wrong dismissal!” Han Jung Ae finally raising his voice.

 

“Challenge all you want. I won’t be bothered about it. Now, starts the voting. Who is here are voting for Mr. Han Jung Ae from HanShin Group to be removed from the board members?” Seunghyun starts the voting.

 

“CHOI SEUNGHYUN! YOU CAN’T DO IT LIKE THIS!” Han Jonghyun finally said it out loud as he gets up from his chair and smacking the table.

 

“Control yourself Han Jonghyun!” Jiyong finally speaks up with his loud voice and serious face.

 

“YOU THINK I CARE? THIS IS TOO MUCH AND THIS IS A WRONG DISMISSAL! YOU CAN’T VOTE US OUT LIKE THIS! WE HAVE RIGHTS!” Han Jonghyun replied to Jiyong with anger.

 

“Go back and read our by-laws, Jong Hyun-sshi! We definitely can vote for your dismissal!” Seunghyun said.

 

“You are too much Seunghyun! I won’t accept this! You planned this from the very beginning with the bad intentions. You informed everyone before us! You did things under the table exactly just like you always did 5 years ago!” Han Jung Ae said it out loud as soon as he finally gets up from his seat and staring directly at Seunghyun.

 

That statement deserves a full silent in the room. Now, everyone is moving their attention to Seunghyun. Jiyong must say that he is so impressed on how his hyung can act so calm in this situation but he can’t failed to notice that his hyung’s jaws are tightened at that sudden accused from Han Jung Ae. Seunghyun smirks and stares directly at the older man as he tightened his jaws, trying his best not to get up from his seat and punch the old man in the face.

 

“Seriously Mr. Han? Was that your weapon against me? You think I would be bothered by your threat? Whatever things that you are trying to say is actually do not have anything to do with the company and I don’t care if you want to say about it here, in this board meeting. Try me. Do it! Tell everyone. I don’t even care if everyone in here knows whatever things that you want to say. You are so cheap! Dragging my personal life matter into this meeting. Go ahead! Do it! But! You have to know, everything have their own prices. Once I open my mouth, I don’t even think I need votes to even fire you from here. You know what I’m talking about,” Seunghyun replied with calmness and challenged the old man at the same time. However, Seunghyun’s statement did affect Han Jung Ae. The old man tightened his fist as his lips form a straight line, holding in his anger.

 

“I won’t let go my shares!” Han Jung Ae said.

 

“That’s too bad because you have to. I will let you have the dividend of the shares; even I don’t think you deserve even a penny from it!” Seunghyun said as he raised his voice a bit.

 

“Fine, do it! Cast me out! You don’t have to make a vote for this as from today onwards, I resign from here!” Han Jung Ae said as he punches the table and walks away from his seat towards the door, followed by his son but Han Jonghyun stops his steps at the open door and he turns around, looking straight at Seunghyun who sits at the end of the table.

 

“You’ll definitely is going to pay for this,” Han Jonghyun said and finally walks away leaving the room.

 

As soon as the door is closed, surprisingly all the board members let out a relieved sigh.

 

“That was hard,” Mr. Lee said, one of the shareholders.

 

“That was predictable. We knew they would do that,” Mr. Chae replied. “The plan is working, he just resign by himself, so now how about his shares?” Mr. Chae continued.

 

Jiyong is trying so hard to compose himself in that situation. He is freaking mad as he realizes that all of these were secretly planned by all of them. The whole board members know about this and it was their plan to make Han Jung Ae to resign himself. Jiyong turn to his hyung, and Seunghyun from the very beginning has been avoiding eye contact with his dongsaeng. He understands that his dongsaeng is mad for being in the dark about this plan but Seunghyun has his own reason for doing this.

 

“I’ll buy his shares,” Mr. Jung said it. The other members just nodding their head, realizing the truth behind Mr. Jung’s words. Only Mr. Jung suits to buy those shares, no suspicion and the shares would be too high and they don’t think they can buy the shares even if they want to. “At least, we know where to place his shares for now, any progress will be informed later so let’s solve this one by one. Agreed?” Mr. Jung asked and he got positive responds from others and this makes the situation slightly easier for Seunghyun.

 

“Seunghyun-sshi, you said there is another agenda. Let’s talk about it now,” Mr. Lee speaks and automatically, everyone’s attention is back with the silent Director.

 

Seunghyun finally straightened his body and moves forward and he noticed that Jiyong is a bit surprise for that sudden statement. Yes, there is one more agenda that need to be brought up in the meeting but for this one, no one knows about it, even for Mr. Jung himself. Seunghyun just informed all of them that there will be another issue that needs everyone’s attention and decision but he refused to reveal it before hands. Seunghyun takes a deep breath before he speaks.

 

“Yes, there is another agenda and this is the main one. This issue needs to be decided by everyone today and I hope there will be no problem for all of you on this issue,” Seunghyun starts and with that he looks at everyone, making sure that he got everyone’s attention.

 

“I would like to step down from my position, and have Jiyong-sshi to replace me,” Seunghyun finally said it and definitely it caused everyone in the room to be shock about it and everyone making noises as they turn to look at each other, asking whether they heard it right from the Director.

 

“Choi Seunghyun!” Mr. Jung finally speaks up and looks directly at Seunghyun.

 

Jiyong with wide eyes, staring like a mad man at his hyung and only God knows how shocked he is by hearing that from Seunghyun. This is beyond his expectation and this definitely makes him mad.

 

“I know this thing is going to shock everyone here but I’ve my own reason for this and I hope everyone here can respect my decision,” Seunghyun said.

 

“Seunghyun-sshi you are still too young so why you need to step down. We need to know what the problem is if it is true that you have any problem. This is too sudden and shocking. We can’t simply say yes,” the other members speak.

 

“I know this is too sudden and shocking but I’ve some personal issue at the moment and my condition doesn’t permit me to run these companies as usual and please don’t over think about this as it is not about something that has to do with laws or what. It is too personal to be shared here and I’ve the right to step down from my current position and I would like to nominate Jiyong-sshi to replace me. I must let all of you know that the reason that I chose him as my replacement is not because he is my dongsaeng. No, not because of that. It has been years, and I believe each and every one of you has known him throughout the years. All of you know how he works, how he handling the matters, and how good he is. I just want to hand my position to the safe hands and I’ve faith that he will do his best in leading this company together with all of you. Age doesn’t matter but the spirits and ability should be count into. I’ve been monitoring his works for quite some time now and I can see that all the projects that are handled by him are going smoothly according to the initial plans. Don’t worry as all of you can discuss with each other about this and I don’t mind for giving all of you some time to think as I too realized on how big and heavy this issue is. Just tell me your decisions whenever all of you are ready and for that time being, I’ll be in the waiting room. Thank you, and that’s all for now,” Seunghyun finish saying whatever he wants to say and then he gets up from his seat, buttoning his suit back and walks away, slowly leaving the room followed by his secretary.

 

Once Seunghyun out of the room, everyone is back out of control and everybody’s attention is focusing on Mr. Jung because they expect that the old man knew about this thing. They want to approach Jiyong as well but the young man straight away get up from his seat and walks out leaving the room.

 

Once Jiyong is out of the meeting room, he walks to find his hyung as he then sees Hye Jung is standing in front of the said waiting room, guarding so he just walks to her and giving her a glare before his straights away pushing the door open and enters. He steps in and let the door close as he finds his hyung is currently standing in the middle of the room that only have few couches and a coffee table. His hyung is currently standing with his back facing Jiyong.

 

“What the hell was that?” Jiyong finally explode. “I will try my best to accept the fact that I was being kept in the dark for only God knows how long about this whole parade but this about me taking your position was just too much hyung! You are too much! You made a fool out of me in there and carried out this harsh dismissal plan of yours and now this! You don’t even bother to ask me about it first, hyung! I won’t agree with this and I won’t take your position, I don’t care! You can do whatever you want, but I won’t budge even an inch regarding on this matter! You better withdraw this proposal, hyung! As far as I’m concern, you will stay being the Director and lead the company as usual,” Jiyong said angrily as he has been holding in for quite some time now. He can’t help but feeling mad about the thing that just happened. What the hell is hyung thinking by pulling this kind of stunt and shock everyone!? So unexpected and upsetting. There is no way will everyone agree for Jiyong to replace Seunghyun when Seunghyun is still young and still capable of leading the company. Jiyong finally agreed with Taeyang about one thing, which is the fact that their eldest hyung is indeed crazy! Damn crazy!

 

“Hyung, withdraw this, I don’t care,” Jiyong added as he sees no respond from his hyung who didn’t even turn around to look at him until finally Jiyong realized something is wrong when his hyung is look a bit unstable from behind, can’t balance himself. “Hyung!” Jiyong said with panic as he rush to his hyung holding Seunghyun’s right arm to support him as he looks like he wants to collapsed from behind.

 

Jiyong finally sees his hyung’s pale face and his right hand is actually is clutching his left chest, and Seunghyun looks breathless when Jiyong is by his side. Jiyong with speed is holding his hyung and help Seunghyun to sit on one of the couch there and Jiyong is kneeling before his hyung, try to figure out what happened to him. His hyung’s illness is relapsed for the first time in front of him. Seunghyun’s breath becomes difficult and he is sweating furiously. Jiyong is panic looking at his hyung who is wincing in pain and at the same time clutching his chest tight.

 

“Hyung! Hyung, what’s wrong? Your meds hyung! Your meds! Where are your meds? I’ll call Hye Jung now,” Jiyong said with speed, looking worried like crazy but Seunghyun ends up holding his dongsaeng’s hand with his left hand to stop him from moving away.

 

“Wait….” Seunghyun finally say something with his full efforts. He tries to steady his breath by taking full deep breaths and let it out slowly. He repeats it few times as he tightened his grip on Jiyong’s hand not letting him go. Jiyong who is still kneeling in front of his hyung is actually so damn scared. He can’t stop saying in his heart “not now hyung, not now hyung, not now hyung, not now!” He keeps saying that in his heart as he looking at his breathless hyung, feeling totally useless for being unable to help his hyung. Jiyong can’t imagine on how many times that his Seunghyun already went through this because of his illness. How for all this while Seunghyun is able to hide his illness, his pain and his suffering. Jiyong can’t bring himself to imagine how sick his hyung is and how he faced all of this alone. Jiyong can’t help the tears that start forming in his eyes.

 

“Hyung….” Jiyong said slowly and he doesn’t even realize that his mouth is letting out the word.

 

Seunghyun finally lifts up his head slowly and face his dongsaeng. His breathing becomes better but still he needs full effort just to take a deep breath for that. He is so tired but he can’t fail to realize how sad Jiyong’s face is and how panic he was just now. Seunghyun silently praying for his heartbeat to slow down a bit, ease his way to steady his breaths. Seunghyun close his eyes once again as he takes a deep breath and let it out carefully, then slowly opens his eyes. He is finding his strength to speak.

 

“Jiyong-ah…” Seunghyun starts and he can see that Jiyong is biting his trembling lips, trying so hard to be strong to listen to him. Seunghyun let out a sigh. He finally slowly moves his right hand with full effort from his chest to slowly touch Jiyong’s shoulder and looks at Jiyong for few seconds before he finally opens his mouth. “Take over the company,”

 

Just like what Seunghyun has predicted, Jiyong straights away shaking his head but refused to say a thing, he keeps staring at Seunghyun.

 

“Look at me now. Look at my condition. You think I can handle the company when I might collapse at any time now? I can’t Ji. You said you would cover me in the office. You said you want me to stay in the hospital. You wanted me to rest. So, do it,”

 

Jiyong is still shaking his head. Seunghyun is taking a deep breath once again, as each breath that he takes just caused more pain to his chest.

 

“You can’t cover me without having the commanding power. You can’t cover me without having the position in the first place. Covering me means that you have to take my position, and lead the company. Hyung can’t leave the office empty, Ji. You need to be in charge, do you understand me?” Seunghyun looks at his dongsaeng in the eyes, tries his best to make Jiyong understand his reasons for doing all these. “You can’t be in command by having HanShin within the board members. They are coming after this company and you knew it. This whole company is yours too and it is not mine alone. It is for you, Taeyang, Daesung and Seungri. Please understand this. I’m sorry for keeping you in the dark from all of these but this is the only way,”

 

“I can’t reveal all Han’s doing in the meeting, even if I have all the rights to do it but this kind of way is the safest and the most right away. He will come back to make me pay for it but he won’t be able to do much if you are the one who is in charge of everything. He won’t be able to touch you,”

 

Jiyong just keep quiet, not responding to his hyung’s words.

 

“Ji, help me,” Seunghyun said softly to his dongsaeng. “Say something,”

 

Jiyong really wants to get angry with his hyung for doing all of these and he hates the fact that he understands why his hyung did all these. He hates that he knows why. He hates that he understands. He hates that this thing become the only way for him to protect everyone’s right. He hates his hyung. He hates that his hyung loves him and others so much. He hates that the most!

 

“I will give it to you back once you are well,” Jiyong finally speaks.

 

Seunghyun finally let out a small smile from his lips and can’t fail to notice his dongsaeng’s words. “Once you are well”. Will I? Hyung is in the stage of not knowing whether hyung will even wake up the next day, Jiyong-ah. Sigh.

 

“You agree?”

 

Jiyong didn’t answer it but he moves his eyes away. “Only for this time being. You need to come back. Promise me hyung.” Jiyong said as he looks back at his hyung.

 

“Hyung didn’t do well with promises, Ji but I’ll be here for you. Don’t worry. I’ll always have your back, forever,” Seunghyun smiles.

 

“I told you I’m going to save you hyung, so please. Please don’t give up hyung, not now,” Jiyong said.

 

Seunghyun just keep in silent at that request and he slowly moves backward, leaning on the couch but he still looking at his dongsaeng who still kneeling down on the floor near his legs.

 

“What actually that the Han did behind us? Why they hate us so much and why do you hate them so much? You still hiding things from me, hyung. I hate this,” Jiyong finally said it as he turns to looks back at his hyung. Seunghyun pats the empty space on the couch at his right side, signaling Jiyong to sit there beside him. Jiyong has no choice but to get up and moves to sit beside his hyung who still looks weak to him.

 

“Are you sure you want to know?” Seunghyun asked.

 

“Hyung, I’ve the right to know. Stop hiding things from me,” Jiyong replied but not looking at Seunghyun.

 

“If I tell you this, you might want to leave Dara,”

 

Feels like he just got a slap in the face, Jiyong with wide eyes, turn around and stares at his eldest hyung who looks so damn calm. Jiyong can’t help but to feel nervous in that situation as his hyung still looking at him calmly but waiting for his respond.

 

“Hyung…” Jiyong opens his mouth.

 

“What makes you think that I won’t know about this?” Seunghyun said.

 

Damn! Jiyong is feeling numb and nervous by hearing Seunghyun’s serious tone.

 

“You hide things from me too,” Seunghyun continues. “You have been with her for years and you still think that I won’t know? This is the reason why I did all these. You love her, and I don’t want you to leave her just because I’m in the fight with her family. This war is mine alone, and I won’t jeopardize my dongsaeng’s love just to take revenge. You are more important and your happiness is the only thing that I want, Ji,”

 

Jiyong stares at his hyung and again he lost in words to say. Why his hyung did all these? Why his hyung care about him too much? Why?

 

“Hyung.. You don’t mind if I stay with her?” Jiyong asked nervously.

 

“You really think I will stop you from meeting her if I came to know about both of you?” Seunghyun let out a small laugh, his dongsaeng indeed doesn’t know him much. He moves his body forward and his right hand moves to Jiyong’s back body. “I really mean it when I said I want all of my dongsaengs to have all the things that they want in their life. You love her, I know. I won’t stop you,” Seunghyun said softly to Jiyong and he just smiles when he can see how relieved Jiyong is after hearing his words. Jiyong takes his own time before something is bothering him.

 

“Hyung, you said revenge just now. Why? Just tell me what they actually did to us,” Jiyong asked.

 

Seunghyun let out a heavy sigh. Jiyong still wants to know and Seunghyun has to listen to his dongsaeng now. He has to stop hiding things from him; he has the right to know so now, it’s up to Jiyong on how he wants to handle this. Seunghyun looks at the floor, refused to meet his dongsaeng’s eyes.

 

“Han Jung Ae is selling out our projects to the rivals; he makes money out of thin air. He hijacked few tenders and this thing has been going on for 4 year. I’m sorry for not telling you about this, and you know why. As for Han Jonghyun, he just hates me from the very beginning and because of the hatred alone; he actually was the one who sent those photos and documents to Taeyang about me intercepting his audition 5 years ago and how can I tell you all of these when you really love his sister so much,”

Jiyong is speechless.

 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Daesung keeps on tapping his right foot on the floor, anxiously waiting for someone in a café. He is not in the mood to drink the juice on the table in front of him so he just plays with the straw till suddenly his phone vibrating. A text came in. Daesung taking out the phone from his right pocket and look at the text. The mighty maknae sent him a text.

Seungri: Hyung, where are you?

Daesung: Class.

Seungri: I’ll come back quite late okay. Study group and basketball training. I already told the driver not to pick me up. I’ll come back by bus with friends.

Daesung: How late is that?

Seungri: Should be home by 7pm.

Daesung: Why so late?

Seungri: Stop being overly-attached hyung =.=

Daesung: Kyaaa! You want to get hit that much? Just come home straight as soon as you finish with everything.

Seungri: Alright. Don’t miss me too much.

Daesung: Shut up!

Seungri: Bye hyung. Saranghae <333

 

Daesung read the last text with an annoyed face, feeling like want to smack Seungri’s head.

 

“Your annoyed face is priceless, Daesung-ah,” a man’s voice appears. Daesung lifts up his head to see the voice owner and his face lighten up by seeing the man standing in front of him who slowly taking out the chair in front of him to sit. The man finally pulls off his face mask that he wears when he came.

 

“You are late hyung!” Daesung said as soon as Taeyang settle down in front of him.

 

“I’m busy you silly,” Taeyang scolds his dongsaeng lightly and then his eyes fall on the drink. “You didn’t order mine?” Taeyang asked.

 

“Ohhh hyung! I forgot, wait here,” Daesung said apologetically and straights away get up from his seat and runs to the counter to order a drink for his hyung. Taeyang just shakes his head and later just laughs looking at his dongsaeng. Taeyang looks at his surrounding leisurely. This is a private café, not many people, not crowded, definitely such a perfect place to meet someone.

 

Few minutes passed and finally Daesung is back bringing the drink for his hyung. Daesung gives the drink to Taeyang and he sits. Taeyang eyeing the drink weirdly.

 

“What is this?” Taeyang asked.

 

“Lime juice,”

 

“What the hell Daesung-ah,”

 

“Good for your voice hyung. I saw your dark circles, so I must not order coffees for you. You need to sleep,”

 

“Fine not coffees but they got many other drinks besides than this stupid lime,”

 

“Haisy hyunggg…. Trust me, drink it for once. Your concert is coming, you need this,”

 

“How dare you haisy-ing me,” Taeyang scolds as he smack Daesung’s head at the same time.

 

“Ahh hyung!” Daesung whined at his hyung for the smacking.

 

“You suddenly called me out of nowhere and I still able to make it here despite of my tight schedule so be grateful okay,” Taeyang said as he sips his drink and after that making weird faces due to the taste of it. “I hate you Daesung-ah! I hate this drink too,” Taeyang scolds his dongsaeng but still continue to drink it. Daesung just laughs looking at his hyung’s expression while drinking the juice. That must taste so bad though.

 

“What’s up? You said that you need to talk to me. Can’t you just call or tell me through text?” Taeyang starts to ask.

 

“You are in Seoul and I still can’t meet you, seriously hyung. Don’t you miss me even once?”

 

“I miss you of course my dongsaeng, but it is too sudden, so you made me worried. You have any problem? Maknae?”

 

“No hyung, I’m okay and maknae is doing just fine. And stop assuming that Seungri causing trouble hyung,”

 

“Ohh? He’s fine? You are the one who always came to me because of him,”

 

“Of course, he is a trouble but a fine trouble. I can handle that,”

 

“Wow, my dongsaeng is maturing. Good to know that,”

 

“Be proud hyung,”

 

“Yeah, yeah I’m proud. How’s Jiyong?”

 

“He’s doing fine, a bit busy but he’s fine,”

 

“Good. Tell him, don’t be too hard on himself. Stop being workaholic, it is not good for his health,”

 

“You too hyung! You don’t work too hard also. Your concert is coming up this Friday, take a very good care of yourself. Have your rest too, okay,”

 

“You guys are coming right?”

 

“Of course! How can we miss the big event! It is even being held here, of course we are coming hyung,”

 

“Great, one day before the concert, you call my manager ask him to send tags for all of you. Free entrance, you need to bring the tag with you. Got it?”

 

“Alright, I will call him,”

 

“So, back to the main topic. What is the matter? What’s wrong? Everything is fine at home, right?” Taeyang asked after he drinks his juice, looking worried at his dongsaeng. No matter how fine Daesung is in outside, it won’t be too hard for Taeyang to guess that there is something bothering his dongsaeng.

 

Nothing is ever fine at home, hyung. Nothing has been fine since you left us 5 years ago. Nothing has been right for us since then. That big house that we living in can’t even be call as a home without you in it. We are in a big trouble hyung. A very big trouble. I’m not fine, Jiyong hyung is not fine and even Seungri will not be fine. We are so damn scared and now we need you to come back to us, hyung. This time, please hyung, please come back. We are losing our big brother. Seunghyun hyung is very very sick.

 

“Dae?” Taeyang calls his dongsaeng as he touch Daesung’s hand on the table, after he sees his dongsaeng is absentmindedly looking straight at him without saying a word. Taeyang notices that Daesung’s eyes are watery and this worry him even more. Daesung is a bit startled by the touch and he is being pull back to the current situation. Taeyang is looking at him with concern in his eyes.

 

“Hyung…” Daesung said slowly.

 

“Yes, Dae. Why? What’s wrong,” Taeyang asked him softly. Taeyang doesn’t want to joke around anymore. He wants to know what is wrong with Daesung.

 

“Come home, please,” Daesung finally let out those words and he swears he can clearly see how Taeyang’s face changes drastically. He caught his hyung off guard. For a moment, his hyung looks uncertain and confuse but that look slowly turns into an upset look. Taeyang wants to pull his hand from Daesung but his dongsaeng caught his hand quicker. Daesung holds Taeyang’s hand tightly, refused to let go. “For once, stay and listen,”

 

Taeyang’s jaw tightened, slowly a rage forming inside his body. He really wants to get up and leave as he damn sure where is this conversation is going but Taeyang can’t deny that this is the first time Daesung is acting this way and bring up this issue himself. Daesung is being known as an obedient dongsaeng and he won’t bring up any issue that will cause uncomfortable feelings to anyone. He won’t bring up this topic, but Taeyang doesn’t know where Daesung found his courage to directly talk about this.

 

“When hyung left 5 years ago, were hyung intended to leave all of us or just Seunghyun hyung?” Daesung really wants to knock some senses to his hyung today.

 

Again, that name! That ing name!

 

“If you wanted to leave him only, let it only be him, not the three of us. You might leave the house, but did you realize who that you left there? Did you even realize who that you left behind 5 years ago, hyung?!”

 

Taeyang looks away, he doesn’t want to hear what Daesung wants to say but he has no choice isn’t it?

 

“You left us, hyung. All of us. You are angry with only one person, but you made the other three of us suffered. You left us there after you were the one who took care of us since kid. Just because your anger alone, you moves your feet and leave. What is that makes us to you then? Who are we to you? Since we were kids, you were there for us. You were with us but because of your anger alone, you just left like that,”

 

Taeyang close his eyes before he opens it back and turns to stare at his dongsaeng.

 

“For ing sake, Daesung! You didn’t know what happened 5 years ago!” Taeyang finally opens his mouth.

 

“I know. I already know what happened. I already know everything that happened 5 years ago, hyung,” Daesung replied bitterly as he tightened his grip. “I know hyung and I perfectly understand why you have been acting this way but hyung it has been years. Freaking 5 years, hyung. Can’t we just move on from this?”

 

Taeyang let out a bitter laugh. “If only you are in my shoes, only then you know on how it feels to be stabbed from behind by the person who you’ve been looking up to in your entire life. Being betrayed by the person that you trusted the most in your life. You only talk on how I left, but never once you talk about on how he went behind my back and destroyed my one and only dream. He forgot how I’ve been standing up for him in front all of you, how I’ve been saving his face in front of you, how I’ve been there filling up his empty space for all of you. He was never there for me. I respected him in my entire life, looking up to him, tries to understands every single s that he caused for not being be able to be with us. I won’t buy his excuse for making money and providing us shelter, Dae. I won’t. Throughout those years, it was not only him that sacrificed a lot. I did my part too. I even did his part too. Jiyong did his part too and so were you. Everyone did their part and everyone sacrificed a lot before and now he only talks about his pain? And you too? You only talked about your pain. All of you have been together in the house, but I did everything on my own to live. I have my own pain too, Dae and how can you only talk about his pain. I love my dongsaengs so much, and I love my family so much and that fact alone is the very reason on why I left. Because you know why?? Because, if I haven’t leave the house, he won’t even realize what he has been missing in his entire life. He works like crazy out there, and eventually he forgot what he has been missing in here and he didn’t take it seriously because he knows that I will be there, covering his part, taking care of the family. He forgot that us, his dongsaengs need him too. We can find money Daesung-ah. We can earn it. We can do it, but family is something that we can’t find in the street. A family is not something that we can earn. A family is a God gift and he forgot about that too. He needs to get a lesson on how he took everything for granted before. On how he took things around him lightly. He needs to learn that in life, nothing will ever stay the same; nothing will last forever with him. He needs to learn that at the end of the day, he will only has his family,”

 

Yes hyung, you are right. He needs to learn that and now he got the lesson already. He learnt it in the hard way.

 

“What if I tell you that he already learnt it? He already realized his mistakes and he already stop taking everything for granted now. Will you come back to us?” Daesung can’t help the tears that slowly rolling down his cheeks.

 

Taeyang finally pulls his hand for real now and after so many years, Taeyang can feel the tears that start to form in his eyes. Sadly, he shakes his head.

 

“Hyung…. Don’t do this. Don’t do this hyung. Seunghyun hyung already realized his mistakes and he is so much better now. He is there for us, he is there for Jiyong, he is there for Seungri and he is there for me, hyung,”

 

“But he was never there for me, Dae,” Taeyang said with a shaking voice. He almost choked with his words when at the same time he is trying his best to keep his tears from falling. “He was never there for me,” Taeyang finally gets up from his seat, wanting to leave Daesung there but his stops when he listens to Daesung’s words.

 

“Your guitar. Your broken guitar, hyung. He still kept it inside his room. He never forgets,”

 

Taeyang turns to look at his dongsaeng.

 

“Your guitar, your games, your pictures, your stuffs, everything hyung. Basically everything. He kept it inside his room. He never forgets about you. Before all of us, you were his very first friend, his childhood, his memories, he never forget about you. Your room hyung. He personally asks the maid to clean up your room every time throughout these years. The furniture still the same, the bed stays the same, your favorite toys, your favorite picture, the arrangement are all the same, stays the same. No one ever touch your stuffs. Hyung, he wants you to come home. Seunghyun hyung wants you to come home even for a day; he wants you to come home. He wants to eat with you, having drinks with you, listen to you, and many other things. Just come home, hyung. Even for a day, just come home, stays with us. Let’s do everything together like before. Let’s have fun together like before and the most important thing, meet him hyung. Please meet him. I’m begging you wholeheartedly, please meet him; no one knows what God has planned for all of us in future. We certainly don’t have forever, hyung,”

 

Finally the tears that Taeyang has been holding in for all this time has fall. 

 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

“For God’s sake Ji, where the hell is Seungri? It’s freaking 1130pm now!” Seunghyun explodes as he comes down from the stairs with an angry face and he can see Daesung is nervously making calls again and Jiyong is sitting on the couch, texting the maknae nonstop. Daesung has been calling for Seungri for so many times now, so he lost count already and Jiyong is damn frustrated when the maknae is not replying even one texts from him. Seungri never acting this way and no matter how late he is, he will always inform the hyungs first. The hyungs are now worried.

 

All of them decided to wait for Seungri to come home to have dinner together just now, but they gave up when Seungri still didn’t show up till 730pm. They ate first and still making calls at the same time. The call went through but no one is answering. Jiyong’s mind is running wild at that time but he tries to control himself. Seunghyun was the only one who is rational enough in calming the two of them but now, when the clock hits 10pm, it becomes Seunghyun’s turn to be crazy about this. He explodes and caused his two dongsaengs to alert the guards and their people to moves to look for Seungri.

 

“Should we make a police report now?” Daesung with his worried ahjumma’s voice. He tends to do that when he is worried. He looks at his hyungs who are now sits together on the couch in front of him.

 

“It’s not even 24hrs yet, we can’t” Jiyong replied as his head still with the phone, texting the maknae. Seunghyun can’t hold it in anymore as he snatches Jiyong’s phone from him and read all the texts that Jiyong has been sending to Seungri.

 

Jiyong: Where are you kiddo? We wait for you okay, dinner together

Jiyong: Reply when hyung is texting you

Jiyong: How dare you not replying to me

Jiyong: 730pm now, we ate first

Jiyong: Actually, exactly where the hell are you?

Jiyong: Seungri, where the hell are you, it’s freaking 8pm!

Jiyong: Why can’t I trace you? You did something to my phone isn’t it?

Jiyong: I swear I’m going to pull off your head once you are back

Jiyong: At least tell hyungs even if you want to come home late

Jiyong: Seungri, you better pick up Dae’s calls. Or you want Seunghyun hyung calls you

Jiyong: Don’t make him call you

Jiyong: Where are you head

Jiyong: WHAT THE HELL IT’S 915PM SEUNGRI!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!!! COME HOME NOW!!!

Jiyong: Hyung promise you not to pull off your head, I promise. Reply me now!

Jiyong: Don’t make me mad Ri-ah

Jiyong: WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU

Jiyong: If someone found this phone, please do contact my number.

Jiyong: The calls went through head!! Why don’t you pick up??????????????

Jiyong: You are so annoying.

Jiyong: I won’t leave foods for you, I’m going to eat all of it

Jiyong: Seungri-ah, hyung is sorry now. Where are you?

Jiyong: Are you mad or something?

Jiyong: Are you sulking?

Jiyong: Hyung will tell you where hyung hides your favorite boxer.

Jiyong: Seungri, this is serious. Seunghyun hyung is worried now.

Jiyong: He is damn worried you better pick up the calls or reply my texts.

Jiyong: You can prank us some other time if that’s the plan

Jiyong: Seunghyun hyung exploded!! You better be on your way home now

Jiyong: Don’t make us go to police, SEUNGRI!!!!!!!!

Jiyong: If we end up going to police and this whole thing is actually a prank, I swear with Seunghyun hyung’s name that Daesung will be the maknae after this

Jiyong: Don’t do this, where are you

Jiyong: I promise you I won’t be mad at you

Jiyong: Just come home kiddo

Jiyong: Seunghyun is sitting beside me now, don’t do this to hyung Seungri-ah

Jiyong: Seunghyun hyung said Daesung will be the maknae

Jiyong: Not funny, where are you

Jiyong: Almost midnight, Seungri. Where the hell are you now?

 

Seunghyun then gives back the phone to Jiyong once he read all the texts and then he turns to the clock on the wall, almost midnight.

 

“I’m going to look for him,” Seunghyun gets up from the couch.

 

“Let me follow you hyung,” Jiyong ends up getting up as well.

 

“Me too,” Daesung joins in.

 

Seunghyun take his car key on the dining table and heading out but Jiyong stops him in the middle.

 

“Let me drive,” Jiyong said. Seunghyun without thinking of anything just gives up the key to Jiyong and then the three of them heading out to Seunghyun’s car. Jiyong be the driver, Seunghyun beside him and Daesung at the back. Jiyong drives and stops the car at the guardhouse before heading out to let the guard know and ask them to alert him if Seungri is back.

 

After that, they head out from the house area to look for their one and only maknae.

 

Daesung stills with the phone keep calling Seungri and Jiyong ends up drives to Seungri’s school, Seungri’s usual place, the field, arcade, malls, cafes, fast food restaurant, and any convenience stores. They end up searching for about an hour but still Seungri is nowhere to be found. Jiyong is becoming more nervous when he noticed Seunghyun’s face becomes pale and his right hand is at his left chest. Jiyong becomes worried over his hyung now.

 

“Hyung, let’s go back first,” Jiyong finally voice out his thoughts. Daesung looks at Jiyong. Something is wrong?

 

“Are you crazy? We can’t go back without him! What if something happened to him?”

 

“That’s why I said, let’s go back first hyung. Let see what we can do if Seungri is not home yet. I’ll make calls to ask for our people to look for him. We can’t do anything like this, we went to many places now and still we can’t find him. Please hyung, let’s go back first,”

 

Seunghyun let out a heavy sigh. He is damn worried about Seungri and it becomes worst when he can feel the stabbing pain in his chest. He rubs his chest slowly and takes few deep breaths. He feels like he can pass out at any moment now till he suddenly hears Jiyong’s phone ringing. Jiyong picks up the call.

 

“Yes? Really? Is he okay? What is he doing now? Okay okay, I’m coming home now. Thank you,” Jiyong cuts off the line. “Seungri is back, he is at home now. Perfectly fine, let’s go home hyung,” Jiyong tells his hyung. Daesung leans on his back and let out a relieved sigh. He swears to commit a murder when he reached home. Seunghyun just nods his head and can’t help but to feel so relieved that his maknae is perfectly safe at home now. He close his eyes to rest and Jiyong drives the car with speed but at the same time stealing few glances to his eldest hyung, making sure that his hyung is fine.

 

When they arrive at home, Jiyong managed to stop at the guard once again to ask about Seungri’s condition and the guard said that Seungri looks just fine, totally fine and by hearing the word totally fine, it makes Jiyong silently wanting to kill his maknae once he reaches inside. Once they park the car, Jiyong immediately gets out from the car, he just can’t wait to stabs his maknae few times now but his steps stop when Seunghyun almost fall downs while getting out from the car and thank god Daesung is there to catch him.

 

“Hyung, you okay?” Daesung asked worriedly as he holds Seunghyun’s right arm and Seunghyun’s left arm is holding the door tightly for support. Seunghyun just nodded his head as he slowly straightened up his body and close the door with his left hand. He removes Daesung’s hands from his arm, signaling that he is fine. Daesung can’t help but to turns his head to Jiyong and Jiyong just nodded his head to Daesung, silently saying to let their hyung walk on his own. Jiyong already made Daesung to promise not to let Seunghyun knows the fact that Daesung already knows about everything. Daesung just watches his eldest hyung walk slowly from behind. Jiyong opens the door and enters the house, and as soon as he walks inside he can sees his maknae is leisurely eating ramyeon at the dining table like nothing happened. Seungri lifts up his head and with his mouth slurping the ramyeon, he grins at his hyung. Jiyong straights away want to flip all the things before him. Seungri doesn’t know what he had done just now.

 

“KYAAA!! YOU ING LITTLE HEAD!!!! WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU????? WHY WERE YOU SO ING LATE!!!! WHY DIDN’T YOU PICK UP DAESUNG’S CALL??????? WHY DON’T YOU REPLY MY TEXTS??? YOU BETTER ANSWER ME BEFORE I CHOCK YOU TO DEATH,” Jiyong yells at his maknae and at the same time walks in speed to him, reach for his maknae’s neck. Seungri can’t help but ends up coughs a bit due to Jiyong’s action and as soon as he wants to opens his mouth, comes another angry man.

 

“ARE YOU ING KIDDING ME!!!!!??? ARE YOU ING KIDDING ME SEUNGRI!!!! WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU JUST NOW??????? WHY DIDN’T YOU PICK UP MY CALL???? EVEN ONE CALL WOULD SUFFICE HEAD!!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN??? WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU??? DO YOU KNOW HOW SCARED WE WERE JUST NOW??? NOW IS ALMOST 2AM SEUNGRI!!!! YOU SAID YOU WILL BE HOME BY 7PM! NOW IS 2AM!!”

 

Daesung can’t help but to yell along the way and smack his maknae’s head as soon as he stands near Seungri. Seungri already expected this so he acts calmly. He even expects worst than this. Knives all over his necks, or few gunshots. Chocking and smacking is usual stuffs, he can endure these.

 

“I went to Jisoo’s house. His family got some problem and I ended up accompanying him for awhile. I’m about to call you but I fell asleep and I put my phone on silent so that’s why I didn’t notice all the texts and calls just now. Sorry,” Seungri answered and then continues eating session.

 

Jiyong really wants to pours the ramyeon on his maknae’s head now. He pulls the chair beside Seungri and stares at his maknae.

 

“Do you know how ridiculous you sound just now? You ing fell asleep?????? Phone in silent????” Jiyong scolds further but all he got in return just a silent Seungri who is still leisurely eating the ramyeon. He looks hungry and that view melts Daesung’s heart. He can’t stay angry anymore.

 

“Why the hell you eat ramyeon Ri-ah!!?? Hyung left some foods for you, silly,” Daesung moves to the fridge.

 

“Ji hyung said he ate all the foods,” Seungri replied.

 

“Kyaaa!! You did read those texts, why didn’t you…” Jiyong stops talking when a deep voice cut in.

 

“Ji, let him eat first,” Seunghyun finally speaks as he then moves away from where he stands from the very beginning and slowly walks to the stairs, heading to his bedroom.

 

“Kyaaa!! Why the hell didn’t you say even a single word to Seunghyun hyung?? He was so damn worried just now,” Jiyong scolds Seungri but despite of his words, his maknae just ignoring him and gets up from the chair and moves to the fridge.

 

“Hyung what’s for dinner???” Seungri asked Daesung this really makes Daesung wants to kill Seungry but later they have no choice but to just let their maknae eats. Seungri really seems hungry. 

 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Seunghyun just came out from his room, carrying his briefcase and his long coat together with him when he found Seungri is standing outside of his room carrying his school bag with him.

 

Seungri turns at his hyung and smiles. “Good morning hyung,” Seungri greets him.

 

Seunghyun raised his eyebrows by seeing his maknae this early, as Seungri should actually on his way to school now. “Morning,” Seunghyun answered shortly as he walks forward heading to the stairs. As he walks passed Seungri, Seunghyun realized that his maknae is following him from behind, so Seunghyun finally stops in the middle of the stairs and turn around, staring at Seungri.

 

“What do you want?” Seunghyun asked.

 

“Can you send me to school, hyung?” Seungri asked his hyung back.

 

“Where is your driver?”

 

“I told him I’ll go with you today”

 

“You should ask me first Seungri,” Seunghyun said as he continues walking down the stairs.

 

“You don’t want to send me to school?”

 

“It’s not that, but next time ask me first,”

 

“It’s okay if you can’t send me to school hyung. I’ll just go by bus. Bye hyung,” Seungri said as he then bowing down to Seunghyun who at that time is putting his stuffs on the dining table and walks away.

 

“Kyaa! Seungri! Hyung will send you. Wait. Can’t you just have some patience?” Seunghyun scolds when he sees Seungri is already heading to the door. Seungri just smiles at him and wear his shoes. Seunghyun just shakes his head and wears his long coat and bring his briefcase along with him. When he wants to wear his shoes, Seungri suddenly takes his briefcase from him, and offers to hold it for him. Is this the act of apologizing for things that happened last night? Seunghyun just let Seungri carries his briefcase for him and once they are inside the car, both of them just keep in silent, as Seunghyun is focusing driving and Seungri is only looking outside of his window.

 

“I’m sorry,” Seungri finally opens his mouth when they already half through the journey. Seunghyun turns to his right side, looking at Seungri who at that time just looking down at his hands.

 

“For what?” Seunghyun asked.

 

“Last night,”

 

“Alright,” Seunghyun answered and they are back in silent. Till finally, Seunghyun decides to opens his mouth once again. “Don’t do that ever again,”

 

Seungri nods his head understandingly.

 

“You must be worried,” Seungri replied.

 

“Yes, so don’t”

 

“Are you scared hyung, last night?”

 

“Damn scared,”

 

“You love me that much?”

 

“Of course I love you silly,”

 

“Do you hate it if I suddenly disappeared like that?”

 

Seunghyun wrinkles at that stupid question and he turns to look at his maknae and his maknae looks perfectly calm when asking him that question. Like he meant what he asked. Seunghyun stops his car in front of Seungri’s school when they arrived. Seunghyun holds Seungri’s left hand when his maknae wants to get out from the car.

 

“Listen here Seungri. I am your hyung and of course I care about you. So don’t pull that kind of stunt at me again. Don’t make me worried anymore and please, don’t let things like last night ever happened again. Hyung is so damn scared if you’ve gone missing like that, and not just me, but everyone too. So, please don’t. Understand?” Seunghyun explained to his maknae and his maknae just stares at him in the eyes, not saying anything. “Now, you can go” Seunghyun said, letting go of Seungri’s hand and he is back facing forward. Seungri silently getting out from the car and right when he wants to close the door, he stops and bending down to say something to his hyung.

 

“You know what hyung, I am your dongsaeng and you are my hyung and of course I love you too. As much as you scared about me gone missing, I would be so damn scared too if you gone missing as well. So hyung, please do the same. Don’t suddenly disappear because I would hate you for the rest of my life if it ever happens. Thanks for the ride hyung, I’ll be at home early today. Bye,” and with that Seungri closes the door and leaving his speechless hyung.