...

TOGETHER

“Ri? I thought you went back to your apartment right after work?” Yoona asked as soon as Seungri entered the house. She is watching the television with Daesung who is lying down with his head on Yoona’s laps in the living room on the couch.

 

Seungri shakes his head with a smile. “Tomorrow will do…” he said softly and then his eyes meet with Daesung’s. His smiles fade a little, and with that Daesung is confident that his maknae already knew the truth. Daesung fakes a small smile to his maknae in return.

 

“Have you had your dinner?” Daesung asked. “There is more in the kitchen if you want…”

 

“Where’s hyung?” Seungri asked directly, without responding to Daesung’s question before. Yoona looks at her brother in law weirdly, feeling different with Seungri’s manner tonight. He seems distant and Yoona is not used to this side of Seungri.

 

“Upstairs… In his room maybe…” Yoona answered on behalf of Daesung.

 

Seungri just let out a comforting smile and nods his head as he heading upstairs leaving the two in the living room. As soon as Seungri leaves them, Yoona looks down at her husband with worried expression.

 

“He fought with Seohyun?” Yoona guess.

 

Daesung shakes his head. “I don’t know… Let him be… He can’t be cheerful all the time, baby…” Daesung said reassuring. Yoona frowns at her husband’s words. She loves Seungri’s cheerful character.

 

“Everything is fine, right?” Yoona asked again as she looks down at her husband one more time.

 

Daesung smiles as he takes his wife’s right hand in his and kiss it softly, while looks into her eyes.

 

“Everything is fine, don’t worry,” Daesung comforting and continues watching the television, ignoring his wife’s frown and now, his mind is back wandering to his hyung and the maknae upstairs.

 

Meanwhile, Seungri is now standing quietly in front of Seunghyun’s room. Not daring to move, not daring to knock as he just stands there and stares emptily towards the door. Still thinking of what he wants to say and how he should react. He feels like he is back to 10 years ago. Scared and not knowing of where to go.

 

He plucks his courage and slowly lifting up his right hand, knock the door.

 

“Come in…” his hyung’s deep voice appeared at his second knocking.

 

Seungri takes a deep breath and then, opens the door slowly and walks in. He sees his hyung still with his glasses, is reading a book while leaning on the head of his now king sized bed, leisurely. Seunghyun’s bedroom is now larger and the bookshelves that before located right in front of the door now was move to the side of the wall. There is even a balcony was built for the room and it was all are their ideas since beginning. Seunghyun just followed what they want. Exactly like what they want.

 

“Weird… You would just barge in without knocking…” Seunghyun said as he smirks at his maknae, while pushing up his glasses which already fall down a bit at the tip of his nose. Seungri is not moving from the door and just stands there in silent while staring at his eldest hyung who is looking at him with his dumbfounded face.

 

“How long do you plan to stand over there?” Seunghyun asked as he looks at his maknae who is just standing near the door.

 

Seungri let out a small smile as he then finally closed the door behind him, walks slowly towards the bed and like a kid, he climbs up on the bed, crawling next to Seunghyun’s side. Seunghyun just looks weirdly at his maknae who moves next to him, sit beside him on the bed together with him.

 

“You stink…” Seunghyun said shortly as he looks back at his book, ignoring his maknae.

 

“I’ll shower after this…” Seungri replied as he looks at what his hyung is reading right now, as he leans on his back at the head of the bed, like his hyung.

 

“You should go back to your apartment right after work, right? Why are you here?” Seunghyun asked innocently, while slowly his fingers turn his current page to the next page of his book. He knows why Seungri is here.

 

Seungri didn’t answers right away but just keep quiet, while stares emptily to Seunghyun’s book, ignoring his hyung’s question.

 

While Seunghyun being Seunghyun, hating his question being ignore, he finally looks at his right side and looks at Seungri who ignores him.

 

“I want to come home…” Seungri replied softly, finally answered.

 

Seunghyun looks at his maknae who is not looking at him right now. A maknae, who no matter how older he gets, he will always be a maknae.

 

“Do you want to talk?” Seunghyun asked again.

 

What is there to talk about, hyung? We are back to square one. We are already come back to our old tracks. So, what is there to talk about?

 

Seunghyun sighs at the empty respond from Seungri, so he just looks back at his book, continues reading, while waiting for Seungri to talk. Few minutes passed between them in silence. Seunghyun already turn his pages of book twice now, but still nothing from Seungri.

 

It must be so hard for you, right maknae?

 

“We had a wonderful 10 years isn’t it, hyung?” Seungri finally opens his mouth but still not looking at Seunghyun.

 

Seunghyun stops his reading as he heard that, and slowly his lips turn up to a warm smile. He can’t help but to think to himself, on how different Seungri’s reaction just now, compared to his maknae’s self from 10 years ago. If this conversation happened 10 years ago, Seungri might scream at the top of his lungs and questions fate on why this thing happened to their family but now. His responds is different. His words are different. A 28 years old, Seungri indeed.

 

“Yes, maknae…” Seunghyun replied softly as his eyes are still on his book.

 

“Are you happy hyung?” Seungri asked again.

 

“So much…” Seunghyun answered.

 

Few seconds, silence comes between them.

 

“We are back to square one, is it okay hyung?” Seungri finally said it.

 

Seunghyun just smiles and nods his head, as he closes his book and moves to put it on his side table. Let’s talk.

 

“You will need to be admitted as soon as possible… Are you okay with that?” Seungri asked softly.

 

Seunghyun again still with the smile on his face. “If you guys want it, hyung would do it…” as he now looks at his maknae beside him and Seungri is looking at him too this time.

 

Seungri frowns at his hyung’s words.

 

“What do you want, hyung?” Seungri asked suddenly.

 

Seunghyun raised his eyebrows at that sudden question. What I want?

 

“It’s always us… Since day 1, it’s always us… So, now I’m asking you… What do you want?” Seungri said.

 

Seunghyun smiles warmly at his maknae as he moves right hand to Seungri’s head, and softly patting Seungri’s head. His maknae is asking him what he wants. What he wants now? If this question was ask to him 10 years ago, it would be “his family”, “his dongsaengs” and “more time”. Thankfully, he got all the things that he wants. Taeyang came back after so many years being away. Then, finally his dongsaengs are with him, stays in their home together. Everything went greatly and perfectly happy for them in those 10 years, even till today, right this second, everything is still perfect. He is able to get everything that he wants, thanks to someone, who died, just for him to live his life happily with his family. Having more time to live, more time to create great memories, more time to taste the real happiness of having everyone around him, having more time to feel the love of a father, more time to watch what God have in stores for all of them and just like he said before, he has a wonderful 10 years.

 

Seunghyun still remembers about his own reaction when Jong Suk told him that his tiredness, shortness of breath and dizziness was not because of overworking, but it because of the heart. His body is showing rejection towards the heart. Seunghyun laughed at the news. His eyes warm in tears, as he digest the diagnosis but it’s not because devastation. Seunghyun knew himself. It was not devastation that he feels at that time.

 

“Expiry date is coming…” he said with a bitter smile to his friend.

 

This is not his heart to begin with.

 

“Another transplant will help, Seunghyun-ah…” Jong Suk replied.

Seunghyun shakes his head in responds.

“This heart is not the problem, Jong Suk-ah… It just that, this heart is not even mine to begin with. My body can shows rejection for the first or second year of having it in me, but like you said before, it matched. It matched perfectly with me. So why now? Why my body is rejecting the heart now?” Seunghyun asked.

Jong Suk keeps his mouth shut, not knowing how to answer. Seunghyun looks directly at his best friend with a smile.

“She just gave me 10 years, Jong Suk-ah… And I am very very happy in those 10 years…”

 

“What do you want, hyung?” Seungri asked again, patiently waiting for his hyung to speak.

 

Seunghyun pulls his hand away from Seungri’s head as he looks at his maknae with a meaningful look.

 

“Hyung wants to go home, Seungri…” Seunghyun said softly as his own eyes slowly b with tears.

 

Seungri clenched his jaws as heard that. He notices the tears.

 

“But you are home….” Seungri’s voice is shaking when he replied sadly, half begging. He doesn’t know why he is begging but this is it. The fact that he knew his eldest hyung so well, he just can’t help it as he looks directly into Seunghyun’s eyes.

 

“We had a wonderful 10 years, Seungri… I get to stay with all of you, seeing all of you growing up, married, have kids and even now you are a heart specialist. Luckily I get to see all of that. Don’t you think?” Seunghyun continued and finally Seungri looks away, not knowing what to say to his hyung at the moment. Just like what Seungri has expected, Seunghyun continues.

 

“It’s been 10 years Seungri… I miss her…”

 

That kind home… It’s her…

 

 

 

“Kids already sleep?” Jiyong asked he finds his wife walks to him as he takes two clear wine glasses from the hanging rack at their kitchen.

 

“Hmm.. All sleep…” Da Ra answered as she observed her husband’s doing. “Are we celebrating something?” Da Ra asked as she takes the white wine bottle on the island kitchen in her hands. She reads the bottle and then looking up at Jiyong with her sweet smile.

 

Jiyong smiles warmly back at her as he takes the bottle from his wife and takes Da Ra’s right hand in his.

 

“Let’s drink…” he said as he pulls her with him and walks to their reading room. Da Ra smiles childishly as she follows her husband enter their reading room together. Jiyong already lights up the fireplace heater to warm the room. The romantic atmosphere crepes in and Da Ra couldn’t help it but stop in her track and this makes Jiyong to stop in his steps as well. He turns around with his clueless face.

 

“What did you do behind my back? Are you cheated on me?” Da Ra asked suddenly.

 

Jiyong’s eyes widened at that accusation.

 

“Jagi-aa… What are you saying?” Jiyong asked in dumbfounded and then he turns to look around him and now he understands the situation. He looks back at his wife. “You think, I do this because I did wrong behind your back?” Jiyong asked again.

 

“Then? Why? You suddenly do this…” Da Ra said innocently this time.

 

Jiyong shakes his head with a smile.

 

“Come…” Jiyong said as he pulls his wife’s hand back, heading to the two comfy single chairs that he already placed in front of the fireplace. He puts the wine and glasses on the small round table in between of the two chairs. He brings his wife and makes her sit on one of the chair, while he walks to sit on the other chair on her right side.

 

“Ji… You didn’t answer me… Are we celebrating something or are you cheated on me?” Da Ra asked as she lets her husband pulling of the cork of the wine bottle.

 

“Don’t be silly… I will never cheat on you… Don’t go crazy…” Jiyong said as he let out a small smile as he pours the white wine into his wife’s glass. Da Ra then just shakes her head, observing her husband’s weird action. “I just want to have a drink with you here, without our kids interrupt us…” Jiyong added, and Da Ra finally smiles.

 

They clink their glasses together before having their shots together too. Da Ra leans on her back, after she finishes her shot, with her satisfied smiles on her face while staring emptily towards the fire in front of them. She feels warm, and happy. She turns her head to her right side, and takes a look on her husband’s handsome face. Jiyong in his late 30’s. Still handsome and even his side profile is still dashing as always. His eyes, nose, lips. Da Ra smiles unknowingly while thinking on how far they have come at this moment. Since their university’s time, till now, they both are 36 years old, having three kids together from years of marriage. She is indeed very happy with him.

 

Da Ra slowly frowns as she notices her husband’s serious face, which is like in deep thoughts while looking directly into the fireplace. Then, she moves her eyes towards the empty wine glass in Jiyong’s right hand. Hanging there empty.

 

“Yeobo…” Da Ra said softly.

 

No responds from the silent Jiyong. Now she knows, her husband is bothered with something. A drink with her is distraction. She’s a place for him to find solace in his hectic work.

 

“Ji…” she calls again.

 

This time around, her husband turns to her and then slowly let out a small smile for her.

 

“It’s quite strong isn’t it? I took it from Seunghyun hyung…” Jiyong said referring to their wine, not knowing that his wife is thinking about something else.

 

Da Ra looks at him with a comforting smile.

 

“What is it?” she asked.

 

Jiyong looks bewildered at first with that sudden question.

 

“What is it? You are bothered with something, right? This drink is just an excuse…” she asked again, as this time she moves putting her glass on the table and pours down the white wine herself. Da Ra gives out her left hand, asking for her husband’s glass, for her to fill. Jiyong sighs and then gives her his glass. He let his wife pours the wine and then pushes the now half-filled wine glass back to him.

 

“Takes a shot, and then tell me what happened,” she said softly as she then takes a sip of her own wine.

 

Jiyong stares at his glass on the table.

 

“This matter should not ever be taken out of this room….”

 

He remembers those words.

 

Jiyong lifts up his head to look at his wife’s face. She smiles reassuringly to him, silently telling him that it’s okay to tell her about what happened.

 

“Seunghyun hyung’s body is rejecting the heart now…” Jiyong said it in one go, without taking another shot of wine.

 

Da Ra’s smiles vanish in instant from her pretty face. She stares at her husband with her now wide eyes.

 

“Wha… What??” Da Ra asked stuttering.

 

Jiyong gulps his own saliva. Did he just mess up? He takes another deep breath this time. Carefully.

 

“You heard me right… Seunghyun hyung is sick… Again…” Jiyong said, calmer this time.

 

Da Ra looks away at the fireplace, blinks her eyes few times, trying her best to digest the fact. She ended up taking a full shot of her own wine.

 

Jiyong leans on his back, letting his wife to brain the news. There’s no way he will hide this thing from her. Da Ra has the right to know.

 

“This is the thing that he told you guys privately during last weekend, isn’t it?? After breakfast…” Da Ra is finally talking as she turns to her husband who is staring at the fireplace again.

 

Jiyong nods his head without looking at his wife.

 

Da Ra let out a heavy sighs as her mind rewinds back to the last weekend’s breakfast, because she remembers that everyone looked tense after their “meeting” but they later told the ladies, that it was just about their business in the office.

 

“What’s the next step? Seunghyun oppa needs to be admitted right?” Da Ra continued as she looks really worried and bothered by the news. Jiyong is not answering her question but just keeps his mouth shut for a moment. “Oh my… How can he? I didn’t notice that if he fall sick or what before this. He seems fine before… He still takes his meds on time, and he did goes for his routine checkup… If he didn’t feeling so well, he should’ve told me…”

 

“You know him… He won’t tell anyone…” Jiyong replied lazily as he now takes his wine glass and brings it to his mouth, taking a shot.

 

“Yeobo… Then how? What should we do now? He needs to be admitted as soon as possible so we can form a team like last time right? The doctor must know what to do… We even have Seungri with us now… He should know what to do…” Da Ra said immediately. “Seungri already know about this right?”

 

Jiyong nods his head again.

 

Da Ra just staring helplessly towards her husband as she finds her husband’s reluctant responds. No wonder her husband is not really in the mood in these few days, and not talking so much and she thoughts it just because of the work. With the light from the fire, Da Ra can slowly see her husband’s eyes are b in tears, while the empty wine glass hanging there in his left hand. Da Ra chooses to keeps quiet, giving her husband the silence that he needed. Everyone knows how much Jiyong loves his eldest hyung and this goes the same to Da Ra. She knows her husband too well, not to know how much Jiyong loves his Seunghyun hyung. They even broke up for a while 10 years before because of what happened to Seunghyun before, and Da Ra understands. There is nothing that he wouldn’t do for Seunghyun.

 

“Hyung refused for any transplant…” Jiyong finally opens his mouth and his voice is shaking.

 

Da Ra bites her bottom lip when she heard that. Her heart breaks even more when she sees the tears that Jiyong has been holding in, is finally falling to his cheek.

 

“He wants Eun Hye’s heart to remain in him… So, there will be no transplant…” Jiyong added.

 

Da Ra immediately gets up from her single couch and walks to Jiyong’s side, which then she pulls her husband to her body, letting he cries to her.

 

The empty wine glass that is hanging in Jiyong’s left hand finally falls on the floor and breaks, followed with Jiyong’s crying sound. He hugs his wife’s waist tight and put his face to her stomach, and this time, he let everything out.

 

Da Ra hugs her husband tightly in return, while caressing his hair at the same time.

 

“We will face this together, yeobo… I will be here…” she said softly to him.

 

And Jiyong continues to cry.

 

 

“Waaa… I think this color is too much… But I love it!” Hyo Rin brings her left hand up, to see her now shining red colored fingernails. She shoves her left hand to her right side, showing to her husband who loyally watching her coloring her fingernails since beginning. They are sitting together on a pretty mat on their bedroom, facing the clear sliding door, which they can see the moon shining brightly outside. Hye Jin is already sleeping in her bedroom and tonight Hyo Rin is thinking of to spend more time on herself, by doing a simple self-grooming which is, coloring her fingernails. She wants to do it alone at the beginning but Taeyang suddenly wants to sit with her and watches her coloring her fingernails. He even arranged few small pillows around them, to make it more comfortable.

 

Taeyang smirks while looking at her nails while lying on his back, next to his wife.

 

“Are you trying to seduce me with these?” Taeyang asked jokingly.

 

Hyo Rin sticks out her tongue to him playfully.

 

“It’s been ages; I didn’t color my fingernails… Hye Jin makes it hard…” Hyo Rin fakes a pout to him.

 

Taeyang pinch her nose in return for that aegyo and his wife just laughs.

 

“We should take a nanny for her, if you are too tired…” Taeyang suggest.

 

“No! I love it this way… This is normal, dear… I’m doing just fine and I love it this way… I don’t need another woman to take care of my own baby. Just take a look at Da Ra unnie. She does amazingly good, with Seunghoon and the twin without an assistant. I want to be like her…” Hyo Rin said while doing her right fingers now.

 

Taeyang smiles warmly to his wife when he listens to her words. He just doesn’t want his wife to be tired while taking care of their daughter, and caused her not to looking after herself better.

 

“In case you need one, just tell me okay…” Taeyang said nevertheless.

 

Hyo Rin smiles to him and she couldn’t help but to moves nearer down at him, and kiss her husband’s cheek. She laughs at her own action and then moves back to continue her doing.

 

Taeyang just smiles sweetly after the kiss and watches her painting her nails in silent.

 

“Darling…” Taeyang said suddenly.

 

“Hmm..” Hyo Rin replied while in the midst of concentrating with her “art”.

 

“What do you think about my family?” Taeyang asked.

 

Hyo Rin stops immediately and looks at her husband with her dumbfounded face.

 

“Why?? Why are you suddenly asking me that?” Hyo Rin asked back.

 

“No… Just because… Nothing… I never ask you this kind of things… But, yeah… We have been married for years now… Coming into my family, all men… What do you think about us? Are you happy?” Taeyang asked.

 

Hyo Rin smile in amusement with her husband’s weird question.

 

“I’m that lucky woman for having you guys as my family… Your question is so absurd… Have you ever heard of me complaining to you? Disliking anything? Dear, I love your family as much I love mine… You guys are daebakk…” she said as she laughs again at her own answer. “Don’t be silly… Your family is the best… Seunghyun oppa, that silly Jiyong oppa, Daesung and Seungri… All of you are awesome…” she continued while painting her nails back, ignoring Taeyang’s eyes on her. “Why are you suddenly asking me this?”

 

Taeyang shaking his head, and just continue watching his wife’s doing in silent.

 

“Something bothering you? Hmm??” she asked again, knowing her husband too well.

 

“Nothing…” he lied as he turns around facing the ceiling on top of him.

 

“Well, having brothers around is not so bad you know… They can be the person that can protect us, plays together, joke around even harsh and they can always do the hardest stuffs…” she laughs. “I can’t bully Seungri so much, because he’s busy with his doctor thing, and well Daesung is definitely the person that I can ask to do this or that… He listens to me so well… I like him. Well, Jiyong that spoiled old man! I love bickering with him… He’s fun… And Seunghyun oppa, he is the best! The most understanding and loving brother in the world. He’s so kind…. You see how he cares for Hye Jin? Like his own daughter. Even Seunghoon, Chung Ae & Chung Cha… They all love him. If only Seunghyun oppa get married and having his own children of his own, it would be perfect…”

 

Taeyang nods his head agreeing with his wife’s words. If only…

 

They went quiet for a while, not saying anything.

 

“You know, before we moved to our house now, we were lived in this one apartment in Daegu. We moved there went Seunghyun hyung got a job there, as assistant manager or something… Yes, I think that’s the post if I’m not mistaken. We moved there and even everyone has to change schools afterwards. We stayed there quite long, and I think till Daesung went to college, I guess. When we lived there, I woke up early everyday just to prepare breakfast for Jiyong, Daesung and Seungri before they go to school and no matter how early I got up from my bed, each time I entered our small kitchen, there must Seunghyun hyung there, prepare things for me…”

 

Hyo Rin stops her things and slowly looking at her husband who talking while staring at the ceiling.

 

“There will be a hot water for me to shower, because our heater in the bath room always broke down. ty stuffs. He will prep all the things that I need for breakfast and then later I would just have to finish everything and put it on the table, but dongsaengs always thought that I was the one who makes their breakfast everyday…” Taeyang continued.

 

“Seunghyun hyung is a very private person back then, and he doesn’t really talk so much. If he bought us something, he won’t give it to us directly you know… Hyung will just put it on our beds, or in our school bags. He seriously won’t say a word about it. May it be new shoes, new books, new bags or even a guitar…” Taeyang’s voice slows down at the end of his words. Hyo Rin notices a tear falls at the edge of her husband’s right eye.

 

“He bought for me my very first guitar… There was this one time, I asked to borrow his money, to buy a guitar and promised later on to pay it back to him at the soonest. I told him very carefully, Hyo Rin… Because you don’t know how scary he was back then…” Taeyang let out a small laughs at that particular memory.

 

Hyo Rin smiles too at the story but still not saying anything. Just being there and listen.

 

“He didn’t say anything that time… So I gave up… And then I was looking for a part time job, to save money to buy the guitar, but a week after that, when I just came back from college, I found the guitar that I want was already on my bed with my dongsaengs. I almost screamed, Hyo Rin-ahh! Tsk... That kind of happiness… I won’t change it for the world…” he said softly before he went quiet again, while Hyo Rin is still faithfully listening to him.

 

Taeyang frowns unknowingly.

 

“I felt so stupid for leaving him before….”

 

Hyo Rin moves her hand and wipes the tears that falls from her husband’s eyes.

 

“Things were hard back then… Even for you too…” she said, comforting.

 

“He loves me, Hyo Rin… I still remember when he brought all of us to the new house. He said “Let’s live here together from now on, Taeyang-ahh”… He said that to me when the others still running around the house happily and we just watched them together that time..”” Taeyang said while looking at his wife this time, with tears.

 

“I know…” she whispered softly.

 

“There’s nothing I wouldn’t do to save him…”

 

Hyo Rin wrinkles at those words. Taeyang looks into his wife’s eyes sadly.

 

“Seunghyun hyung is having the heart problem again… His body is rejecting Eun Hye’s heart now…” Taeyang said as he moves up a bit and straights away hugging his wife’s waist to finally cry in her arms.

 

Hyo Rin is stunned by the sudden revelation. She’s shocked. Her mind immediately went to the last weekend, when they were ask to come to Seunghyun’s house, because there’s something needs to be discuss between them. It has to be because of this.

 

Now, she understands the reason behind Taeyang’s words before, on how he reminisce all the memories with Seunghyun. Hyo Rin couldn’t help her tears too now as she moves her hand to caress her husband’s hair lovingly.

 

“Sshhh… I’m here…”

 

 

Buzzing sounds from the door, alerted Seohyun who is currently watching her television alone in her living room of her apartment. She gets up reluctantly as she then walks to her door, and takes a look at the screen beside her door, to look who is knocking her door. The figure of her boyfriend annoyed her now. She is angry with him, so she just lazily opens her door a bit, giving space for only her head to come out.

 

“What do you want?” she said in annoyance.

 

Seungri looks at her without a smile.

 

“Let me in please…” he said softly.

 

“No… Why should I?”

 

“Please…”

 

Seohyun personally hates his soft tone which that will always melt her down. She opens her door harshly and rolling her eyes at the same time, turning around leaving her boyfriend at the door, to come in by himself.

 

“You disappeared for few days, not answering my calls, not replying my texts and then now you expect me to welcome you here with open arms? I’m still angry with you Seungri, so I’ll only let you stay for few minutes, so don’t bother to…..” Seohyun couldn’t finish her words when she suddenly feels two arms are hugging her body from behind. She’s totally mad now. “You think you can get away with….” And she couldn’t finish her words again when she heard muffling cries from behind, specifically at her left neck. She stops struggling in Seungri’s embrace and she shifts her head to the left a bit and finds Seungri is crying at her neck. She can feel the moist from the tears and she can feels his body whimpering from behind.

 

The two arms hug her tighter and Seohyun is not complaining anymore. Her anger vanishes in instant as she keeps shut for a moment, letting her man letting out his cries. The two of them are standing there in the middle of the apartment, for quite some time and if before Seohyun is struggling from Seungri’s embrace, now she is caressing his both arms which hugging her, silently comforting the man.

 

The crying sound is slowing down, and slowly Seungri lifting up his head from Seohyun’s neck, and softly kissing her hair like he usually do.

 

“I’m sorry…” his hoarse voice finally appeared. “I’ve been quiet for few days… I’m so sorry, baby…” he said apologetic.

 

“What happened…” she asked softly, like she usually does.

 

Seohyun can hear his sighs from behind and his head resting on her left shoulder.

 

“I never see you cry this much… Is that has anything to do with why you’ve been disappeared for few days?” she asked more.

 

Seungri is not answering her question but Seohyun is not forcing him too, so she slowly moves, turning around to look at her boyfriend’s face. She frowns immediately when she sees his swollen eyes with tears stain on his cheek. She brings her two hands and wipe his tears from his face, with a small smile.

 

“Have you eaten?” she asked softly.

 

Seungri shakes his head.

 

“Come, let me cook you something…” Seohyun pulls him towards her small kitchen and then makes him sit on the chair at the kitchen counter, so he can watches her cooking. “Is ramen okay for you? Because it would take longer if I cook you rice with few dishes…” she said.

 

“Anything baby…” he answered shortly with his both arms folded at his chest.

 

Seohyun smiles and she takes out what she needed from her cupboard. She slowly prepares things to cook ramen and added few other ingredients to make it tastier. While Seungri just watches her cooking in silent with his both arms are now on the kitchen counter. Seohyun doesn’t like this side of Seungri, not smiling and not talking. After few minutes cooking, the ramen is now ready, so Seohyun carefull brings the pot and put it on the kitchen counter. She takes a bowl with her and carefully served the ramen for Seungri to eat.

 

“Thank you,” he said slowly with a small smile on his face.

 

“Eat it while it still hot…” she said as she walks to sit next to him.

 

“Why you don’t eat?” Seungri said as he blows his ramen. Seohyun shakes her head.

 

“I already had my dinner with my team earlier…” she said while lovingly caressing her boyfriend’s dark hair. He looks messy. Seohyun is faithfully accompanying Seungri to eat in silent, with a small smile tugging on her face. Seungri curl his ramen noodles with his chopstick and brings it to his girlfriend’s mouth beside him, intent to feed her but Seohyun shakes her head, telling him that she was full.

 

“I’m going to cry again if you didn’t eat this one…” he threatened.

 

Seohyun gives up so she opens and Seungri happily feeding her with the ramen. He wipes the corner of her lips with his thumb finger as he smiles sweetly at her. Seohyun’s heart is at ease a bit as she looks at his smile.

 

“How are you? Have you been good? How’s your day at work?” Seungri asked in one go as he tucking Seohyun’s long hair behind her left ear. He smiles at her like always and Seohyun can’t help but to get up from her chair and moves forward to him and this time, she hugs her boyfriend tightly. Seungri wobbles on his chair when Seohyun jumps at her but he gladly hugs her back with his right hand.

 

“You miss me that much?” he asked playfully.

 

“Of course, pabo!” she said sulkily at his right shoulder. “I miss you…”

 

Seungri gives a light kiss at her left ear while ruffling her hair at the same time. He misses her too.

 

“I’m sorry…” he said it again. “I was in need of space in these past few days…”

 

Seohyun pulls away to look at his face.

 

“A space from me?” she asked.

 

“No, baby… Not you…” Seungri replied while not looking at her.

 

Seohyun brings her right hand to Seungri’s cheek and makes him to look at her.

 

“Why…” she asked again and this time, she demands an answer.

 

Seungri looks at his girlfriend sadly, as his eyes are back in tears.

 

“I’m scared…” his voice shaking.

 

“Hey…” Seohyun said as she cups her face and looks into his eyes. “What makes you scared? Tell me…”

 

“We had a wonderful 10 years, Seungri… I get to stay with all of you, seeing all of you growing up, married, have kids and even now you are a heart specialist. Luckily I get to see all of that. Don’t you think?”

“It’s been 10 years Seungri… I miss her…”

 

Those words are lingering in his mind for these past few days, and he thought by keeping everything to himself, he will be fine, but he is wrong. There is no way that he will be fine for now. He needs Seohyun with him.

 

“We are losing him, Seohyun-ah…” he answered slowly.

 

Seohyun wrinkles at his words as she didn’t get what he meant by that but she waits anyway.

 

“I’m losing my hyung, Seohyun-ah… And this time for real…”

 

Seohyun’s eyes turn wide as she heard what Seungri just said and without saying anything, she just watches another tear falls from his swollen eyes.

 

“His body is rejecting the heart now… What should I do? What should I do, Seohyun-ah… I was helpless back then and even now, I’m still helpless…” Seungri said as he cries one more time and Seohyun finally gets it, so she immediately pulls her boyfriend into her arms.

 

Now she understands the reason why he needs space.

 

His heart is breaking…

 

 

“I can’t believe you guys…”

 

Daesung said as he massages his own temple, while looking at both men who is sitting in front of him. Taeyang is joining Jiyong to hang out in Daesung’s room at the office today, as they plan to have their lunch together but Daesung said he has some work to do so he would just ask his secretary to buy him something, so he can have his lunch in the office today. Jiyong and Taeyang ended up joining him too.

 

“Seunghyun hyung specifically told us not to tell others about this… How can you guys… Haisy..” Daesung scolded his hyung who just told him that they already revealed about Seunghyun to their wives.

 

“You didn’t tell Yoona?” Taeyang asked.

 

“Are you mad, hyung? We live in the same house, so there’s no way I will tell her… She would go crazy for Seunghyun hyung to be admitted to hospital right away…” Daesung replied.

 

Jiyong and Taeyang nods their heads, fully understands their dongsaeng’s reason. Yoona really cares about their eldest hyung and she wills definitely going to drag him to the hospital immediately if she knows.

 

“But Seunghyun hyung stills need to be admitted… He knows this right…” Taeyang said.

 

“When should we take him?” Jiyong suddenly asked.

 

“As soon as possible?” Daesung said.

 

“Have you talked to maknae? We still haven’t talk to him yet about this…” Taeyang asked Jiyong who’s frowning beside him.

 

“I met him last Sunday… He came back home after work and I think he met Seunghyun hyung right away… After that, I didn’t see him though… He’s not really answering my calls and everything only just through texts…” Daesung cuts in. “He knew… He just needs time, maybe…” Daesung added while let out a heavy sighs.

 

A ringing sounds from Daesung’s phone, alarming everyone. Daesung looks at his phone and he smiles as his wife’s name appeared at the phone screen. He takes his phone and answers the call. Even before he manages to say hello, Yoona’s voice cuts in.

 

“Dae! Seunghyun oppa just fainted in the kitchen!”